Mika at "Téléthon" on France 2 - 08.12.12

French Deb

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Translation of the Interview :
I'm sorry, it's not very good, but to be honest, it wasn't always very clear, even for French people, to understand what he wanted to say :teehee::naughty:

Journalist : "so we are still live from the "buzzroom", with a famous musical guest, Mika."
Mika "Good evening"
J : welcome in the Téléthon's buzzroom
M : yes, thank you, there is a good vibe here
J : there is great energy here
M : it's very silent on the tvset, of course besause the atmosphere is very serious, everyone is very quiet, and here everybody's talking.
J : you know what there are doing here ? They are tweeting, "facebooking", encouraging people to give money because this is the aim of the tv show
M : I was wondering, usually, how many people are watching this Tv show, more or less ?
J : I don't know, 5 or 6 millions
M : ok, millions. At the same time, how many will read what they are writting right now in this room ? Probably 6 or 7 millions ?
J : probably. It's exponential.
People have to give, it's important to give. The searchers are searching [yes, he did say that :doh:], they need money.
What kind of message we can send to people to invite them to give, even if it's not easy, especially nowedays with the crisis.
M : well, sometimes it's very easy to think that the scientifics researchs about these diseases have nothing to deal with the life we have, especially if you are not concerned by these diseases, if you do have a "normal" life and if you don't have nobody in your family who have to struggle against disease.
But the truth is that it's closer to us that it seems. The distance between us and the ill people is thin.
Sorry, I do speak french but think in English so...
J : don't worry, we understand you very well
M : it can happen in many ways... And the fact that the money people will give today, the research that could be done thanks to the money-raising. This research has wild medical effects, and for everybody. To cure an accident we may have in 4 years, the research could be funded by the money people are giving tonight. We never know when a remedy will be find for a desease. How do you say that in French ?
J : Well, what Mika wanted to say basically is that if you give for the others, you also give for yourself, for your children, your granchildren who might be ill one day. It's a very beautiful message, to give, you have to call the 36-37 or you can give on the Internet... We are on the Internet right now...
M : Personnaly, I prefer giving money on the Internet. Like that, I don't have to communicate with people and I do have the choice to choose how people will communicate with me after the money giving. Like that, your number will not be part of a system, but you can give in an independant way thanks to Internet. You can give money, but you are totally "free" after that, you are not caught in a system, and that's very important.
J : So do like Mika, donate on the Internet, it's very easy, it's on telethon.fr
Thank you very much Mika for coming
M : Thank you...
Edited by Kumazzz
YouTube doesn't work

Translation :

M : it looks as if you are doing auction sales...
Nagui : well, good, so you do have something to give to Laura [the girl on the computer who dealed with the auction sales]...
M : I saw that Johnny Hallyday gave a jacket, there are dresses and even a hat from Pascal Obispo [they are French singers], I won't give a jacket or shoes but I can give a private piano and singing lesson.
Nagui : wow, so great
Mika : if I can do that, I'll do it. We will spend of few hours together,
Nagui : a private piano and singing lesson given by Mika...
Mika : well, at the piano I'm not that good, but at the singing...We will be all alone, and we'll do that when possible
Nagui : well, I'm going right now on the Internet to start auctions, because I'm very interested...
Franck Dubosc [the other guy, a French humorist] : you are lebanese, right ?
Mika : Yes, half lebanese and syrian
Franck Dubosc : lebanese, just like my wife...
Nagui : Now we are gonna follow the auction on the Internet, for this private lesson with Mika...

thank you very much for the video :huglove:
It was really touching (maybe because the scenes with the girl too, what did she say before he started to sing?) , I loved how he sang Underwater, it was special.

Yes, this little girl was really touching... befor Mika sang, she talk about her desease and he daily life in a very mature way and how it's important for her and for all these little children to give money to the research... :tears: Edited by Kumazzz
YouTube doesn't work.

Translation of the Interview :

I'm sorry, it's not very good, but to be honest, it wasn't always very clear, even for French people, to understand what he wanted to say :teehee::naughty:

thanks for translating Deb ^^

• 2 years later...