Happy Valentine's Day from MIKA! NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES!

dcdeb

Guys I need help! I went to buy the tickets for the Los Angeles show but of course with my luck I was short a little on my card but the little thing that says onsale dates and times says there's gonna be another presale for Goldenvoice on Tuesday before they go on general sale Wednesday. Is this true? If it is that's great, but I don't know if we'd need another code or anything

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys I need help! I went to buy the tickets for the Los Angeles show but of course with my luck I was short a little on my card but the little thing that says onsale dates and times says there's gonna be another presale for Goldenvoice on Tuesday before they go on general sale Wednesday. Is this true? If it is that's great, but I don't know if we'd need another code or anything

There may be another presale on Tuesday, but if there is, that's completely separate from today's fan presale. I have no idea whether you'd need any code for that, sorry. :dunno:

More than three years! He's finally coming back!

:woot_jump::woot_jump::woot_jump:

Aaaaand he's not playing Seattle.

And I am completely broke.

And he's playing my dream gig.

And I can't go.

Let me see. How can I express this?

:tears: :tears: :tears:

Still, I am thrilled beyond words that he is finally coming back and the rest of his U.S. fans will be able to party like we haven't partied since the last time he was here. It's about time. So,

:woot_jump::woot_jump::woot_jump:

So which shows are already sold out? We know about Toronto, Montreal, NY Poison Rouge, Washington DC and Brooklyn. Where else?????

I think tickets are not available for every gig yet, because of the time zones?

I wonder why he doesn't play bigger venues if it sells out instantly. Maybe he's really keen on this 'intimate evening' concept..

I wonder why he doesn't play bigger venues if it sells out instantly. Maybe he's really keen on this 'intimate evening' concept..

I think the whole thing is just very low risk. There isn't as much overhead with such a small show and he can brag that he sold out 17 dates in North America. Or rather the US, which is what they always say even when it includes Canadian dates. :naughty:

The Toronto show in 2008 was twice the size and it still sold out. I asked Andy why they didn't put him in a bigger venue because the place was packed and crazy. He said it was better to sell out than have the place half empty.

So which shows are already sold out? We know about Toronto, Montreal, NY Poison Rouge, Washington DC and Brooklyn. Where else?????

I think Boston also.

Other dates have either just gone live, or haven't started yet.

I think the whole thing is just very low risk. There isn't as much overhead with such a small show and he can brag that he sold out 17 dates in North America. Or rather the US, which is what they always say even when it includes Canadian dates. :naughty:

The Toronto show in 2008 was twice the size and it still sold out. I asked Andy why they didn't put him in a bigger venue because the place was packed and crazy. He said it was better to sell out than have the place half empty.

It looks like most of the venues have a capacity of 500-600.

Thank you but it´s interesting to know which gig will be sold out :wink2:.

Oh, I agree. Maybe Mr. Mikasounds will give us an update later. :naughty:

Looks like San Francisco is sold out now too

Wow. That was fast. :thumb_yello:

Well that makes sense. They could still be a bit bigger so that more people have a chance? It looks to me like it will only be people who already know a lot about Mika at these gigs.

Well that makes sense. They could still be a bit bigger so that more people have a chance? It looks to me like it will only be people who already know a lot about Mika at these gigs.

Maybe there's some promo going on behind it and they will invite the press. The first gig I went to in Toronto was very much like a record release party and there was a private event upstairs afterwards (although Mika's manager allowed fans in). The crowd was very different to his later gigs - a lot of older more professional looking people with just a few diehards at the front.

I think it's a good way to pitch him as a singer songwriter although there are theatres in Toronto that would seat about 1200 and would have the same effect. I saw Adele at one of them.

EDIT: There's always the chance they will upgrade the venue and sell more tickets. It happens all the time.

so we also know about Boston, Chicago and LA. Any more?

I´m watching this StubHub side, it´s ridiculous to see over 200 tickets for one gig there but people seem to buy them.