Happy Valentine's Day from MIKA! NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES!

dcdeb

Omg im so excited! I think i will fly over to Ny this time! :wink2:q

You should!! Le Poisson Rouge is amazing and it sounds like the Brooklyn venue is great too. And of course NYC is the best city in the world (well maybe tied with London :naughty:)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So pleased for you all though - and for Mika.....I didn't like the thought of him sinking into obscrurity and only surfacing for French festivals.:sneaky2:

Yes this is the thing. I've just seen Mika so it's not like I need to go a gig every 3 months or something. But I am very very pleased that he's still in the game. Much smaller artists than he have done extensive tours of North America and I'm glad he's going for it. Especially since it's been 3.5 years since the last proper tour.

And honestly it will be great to have so much news in English where things are not dubbed and lost in translation, etc. It always feels like a barrier has come down when that happens.

You should!! Le Poisson Rouge is amazing and it sounds like the Brooklyn venue is great too. And of course NYC is the best city in the world (well maybe tied with London :naughty:)

But its 18+! Do you think they will let me in? Im 15 lol :naughty:

HOLY CRAP!!! HAPPY VALENTINE'SDAY TO US!!!!! I'm going to New York and Boston and working on my husband for Brooklyn too lol

Who's going? How excited are you all????:shocked:

Oh, surely Brooklyn will be an easy sell? It's only across the river for you, right? :wink2:

I thought that too... wonder his throat would be fine at the end.... :shocked:

Yes, that will be the downside to waiting to see him until the last few dates... This looks like a very hectic pace. Hope he can survive it! :crossed:

I know... but the fact that the NYC dates aren't back to back is a slight problem. I may have to forego Le Poisson Rouge this time. :sad:

But its 18+! Do you think they will let me in? Im 15 lol :naughty:

Hmm... how old do you look? :naughty:

Best. News. Ever! Now to decide if I drive to Utah for the show before Denver or not.... or maybe San Fran.

So very, very excited to see Mika again. Gets the Silly String ready...:))

Also: stripped down band - means not full band. Maybe just 3 people, maybe just two.

YES SARA!! Come to SF!

I am so excited! Im definitely doing SF. But im hella interested in Las Vegas (becasue its Vegas:mf_rosetinted:) and LA (choir reunion)! And it falls right in my spring break! the SF show is the Monday of my Spring break! Its like a dream!! :mikalove:

Hmm... how old do you look? :naughty:

I thought she was already 18 so she'll be fine :naughty:

Anyone who is underage will not get into the Toronto show though. They don't mess around here. They will ID every single person who looks under the age of 40.

I thought she was already 18 so she'll be fine :naughty:

Anyone who is underage will not get into the Toronto show though. They don't mess around here. They will ID every single person who looks under the age of 40.

40 :aah: Still not sure if I go to Toronto, but I'm very happy to be 19 yo. :teehee: But I look so young, maybe I'll have some trouble if they think I have fake ID. :blink:

That's sad for you chimacuito, hope you'll be able to go to at least one gig ! :no:

Could you go with someone over 18 and get in? :shocked:

No. The legal age here is 19 and no one under 19 is allowed in. When I was a teenager there was no way to get into a bar at all if you were under 19 but at least now they do all ages shows. His other 3 gigs here have been all ages but it looks like this one is not. :thumbdown:

40 :aah: Still not sure if I go to Toronto, but I'm very happy to be 19 yo. :teehee: But I look so young, maybe I'll have some trouble if they think I have fake ID. :blink:

Oh don't worry about it. As long as you have ID you'll be fine. Do you have a driver's license?

No. The legal age here is 19 and no one under 19 is allowed in. When I was a teenager there was no way to get into a bar at all if you were under 19 but at least now they do all ages shows. His other 3 gigs here have been all ages but it looks like this one is not. :thumbdown:

Darn it. :aah: I guess I'll have to go to the Chicago show (that better be all ages or I might cry)

Oh don't worry about it. As long as you have ID you'll be fine. Do you have a driver's license?

Yes I have my driver license. :teehee: But sometime when I go to a bar, they look at me so much, they don't believe me. :sneaky2: But they let me go in anyway.

I asked a question previously but I got no answers. When they talk about local time, it's UK local time ? So I'll be at 6 o'clock AM tomorrow morning ?

I asked a question previously but I got no answers. When they talk about local time, it's UK local time ? So I'll be at 6 o'clock AM tomorrow morning ?

They mean local to the gig. So if it's a sale for the Toronto show, it will be noon Toronto time. :thumb_yello:

Darn it. :aah: I guess I'll have to go to the Chicago show (that better be all ages or I might cry)

Oh sorry I didn't realize you were planning to come here. :(

I have found that the US venues are not as strict since 21 is the drinking age so the 18+ restriction is not really about alcohol. In Ontario they just can't have underage kids in the venues if there is alcohol freely flowing (usually at an all ages show they will have a separate section with a bar where no under 19s are permitted to go).

Anyway I really hope Chicago works out for you.

I have found that the US venues are not as strict since 21 is the drinking age so the 18+ restriction is not really about alcohol. In Ontario they just can't have underage kids in the venues if there is alcohol freely flowing (usually at an all ages show they will have a separate section with a bar where no under 19s are permitted to go).

The Montreal one is all ages:thumb_yello:

Yeah, I'm pretty much as close to Toronto as Chicago. :aah:

Most venues I've been too just give you a stamp on your hand if you're under 21 and let you go in. After that, they don't even check IDs at the bar. I've seen quite a few girls in the bathroom desperately trying to wash the ink off their hands. :rolls_eyes:

Thanks, Christine! :pinkbow:

This venue is usually +21, unless stated otherwise. They haven't posted Mika's date yet, but I do see some other All Ages shows on here. :pray:

Yeah, I'm pretty much as close to Toronto as Chicago. :aah:

Most venues I've been too just give you a stamp on your hand if you're under 21 and let you go in. After that, they don't even check IDs at the bar. I've seen quite a few girls in the bathroom desperately trying to wash the ink off their hands. :rolls_eyes:

Thanks, Christine! :pinkbow:

This venue is usually +21, unless stated otherwise. They haven't posted Mika's date yet, but I do see some other All Ages shows on here. :pray:

They are very strict here and were even when I was a teenager. A bar will lose their liquor license (and basically be forced out of business) if they break the law. And there are always undercover cops hanging around to make sure the law is being enforced.

I even got busted by a cop for carrying a beer in a ballpark 3 weeks before my 19th birthday. :sneaky2:

I did manage to sneak into bars a few times when I was 17 because I worked for a record company so I would go in with work colleagues who were twice my age and they would vouch for me. I also borrowed a friend's ID but now that all acceptable ID has a photo on it, it wouldn't work.

If you lived in TO maybe you could take your chances but I wouldn't recommend coming all the way here in case you are turned away. But hopefully things go well with Chicago. :crossed:

They are very strict here and were even when I was a teenager. A bar will lose their liquor license (and basically be forced out of business) if they break the law. And there are always undercover cops hanging around to make sure the law is being enforced.

I even got busted by a cop for carrying a beer in a ballpark 3 weeks before my 19th birthday. :sneaky2:

I did manage to sneak into bars a few times when I was 17 because I worked for a record company so I would go in with work colleagues who were twice my age and they would vouch for me. I also borrowed a friend's ID but now that all acceptable ID has a photo on it, it wouldn't work.

If you lived in TO maybe you could take your chances but I wouldn't recommend coming all the way here in case you are turned away. But hopefully things go well with Chicago. :crossed:

Never knew you were such a rebel :naughty:

i need help guys :fisch:

so the break down is : TO and montreal are abt 100-220$ more airfare than NYC...BUT these gigs will have some very cool ppl who i've been looking frwd to catching up with..plus montreal is awesome :aah:

NYC is cheaper, but so far many of the ppl i like q-ing with and experiencing a gig with aren't sure if they're going...i can mayb make it to 3 gigs there tho (2 nyc + philly or dc)...plus nyc is awesome :aah:

hubby is a wild card cos he was not up for a gig in nyc much less 3! :lmfao: or canada..but i think he'll be more inclined to go to nyc than canada

what should i do??? :blink:

OMGOMGOMGOMG PORTLAND. I haven't been on here in AGES. But I AM FREAKING OUT. I wonder will he do the choir?

Ahhh, how do we do the presale? I'm so confused lol!!!

while the choir was a great idea for the last gigs, i'm hoping this time, it's really stripped down to Mika, a piano & a few other instruments with no other distraction :swoon: i would love to hear his voice in that setting

:wub2: