Hi all!

jamrockin

I'm J Munoz, from Madison, WI.

This is the first time I've joined any sort of site like this. So please be patient while I learn to use these threads and such.

I am a relativity new fan of MIKA, so I would actually REALLY appreciate hearing from fans who have been around longer to help me navigate his entire discography. I first heard of him because a friend of mine and I are obsessed with Wicked and loved that he sampled 'Popular' in his song 'Popular Song'. I went and searched him on the internet. I'm gay and I really love helping queer artists, so when I found some interviews he did with the Advocate and such I immediately bought his album, The Origin Of Love. It took me a while to listen to the entire album, but when I finally did listen to it I LOVED it. I usually don't like entire albums. I find that sometimes artists have a couple weak songs. I am a huge fan of pop/electronic/dance music, and I really because obsessed with the album. He's a great singer and I couldn't stop listening to TOFL.

I just joined this forum after I found the posting that he's touring NA this Spring. I am planning on seeing him Live either in Chicago, or my hometown of Minneapolis.

Super pumped to be here!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! Welcome to MFC! If you have any questions or ANYTHING! feel free to come to me or anyone else on MFC! We're all super nice here, and would be happy to help you with any problems you may come to! I hope you have a wonderful time here! Thanks for coming!Xx

How funny!! I love love love Wicked also! It's my favourite musical!

Thank you so much! It means a lot! :). can I ask how I should spend my time on here? Like I said I've never joined on of these fan clubs. Feel like such a noob. haha.

Ha!! That's a totally perfect question! Don't feel bad. I was the exact same way when I joined.:aah:

For starters, I recommend reading the FAQ and rules lists. You seem a like a pretty swell guy, so I don't really think you'll have any troubles with posting wrong things, but it's just the normal recommendation. You feel me?:aah:

There tons of threads here. Tons. Tons. Tons. Anything you may want to talk about, there is probably a thread here. The MFC search engine isn't very efficient, so if you're looking for a thread, I suggest going to google, typing whatever you're looking for and following it up with MikaFanClub. You can probably find it there. If not, and it's something other people may relate with, you can make a thread with the make the thread button. I'm not very good at explaining that, so I'll move on. :aah:

A lot of us here come to chat about Mika, but to also connect with one another. On threads such as Say Something Random, we all just have regular, day to day conversations. You will find that you can form very close friendships here. :) As you explore more, you can find other threads of people talking. Feel free to join in where ever you wish! People are very kind with welcoming newbies.

There is also threads about Mika and all the sweet things he's doing with his life. On those kind of threads, you will find that all conversations are very Mika oriented. So if you're looking for discussing specific Mika things, those are the threads to look for.

The only other thing I would say is this. When replying to someone (I'm saying this because it took me 3 months to figure this out. :aah:) you can go to their post and click something along the lines of 'reply to post' or something like that. That will allow for you to group the message you're replying to with your message back in a very organised fashion.

I hope you found my mini novella here helpful. As you can see, I got a bit carried away with explaining. I suggest just exploring as much as you can, and before long you will have it all figured out! If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask! I'll try to make them shorter next time!

Also...More of a specific question, how do I know when someone replies to something I posted in a forum? For example, you quoted me directly (which I would imagine I would have done for you if this was a really popular forum with more than just us, lol) but is thre a way for me to have been notified that you replied directly to what you said? Like if so where would it show me that, if at all? Thanks!!

Also...More of a specific question, how do I know when someone replies to something I posted in a forum? For example, you quoted me directly (which I would imagine I would have done for you if this was a really popular forum with more than just us, lol) but is thre a way for me to have been notified that you replied directly to what you said? Like if so where would it show me that, if at all? Thanks!!

First of all :welcomeani:

Glad you finally found us here!

As for receiving notifications, go into your User Control Panel (see the link for User CP up there ^ ) Next, scroll down the left nav bar and you'll find "Edit Options" under "Settings and Options." Click on that and then scroll down to "Default Thread Subscription Mode" under "Messaging and Notification." You find a drop-down menu that will allow you to select how you receive notice that someone has replied to a thread that you've posted in. Be aware, though, that some IPs are not receiving email notifications from the MFC -- it's a technical glitch that we're having some trouble correcting. Even if you can't receive the emails, though, you can still check your "subscribed" threads by going into your User CP. Your subscribed threads will be listed there. :thumb_yello:

Welcome to the MFC and have a lot of fun here :wink2:. You asked how to spend your time here, I would recommend you to read the gig report thread ( Concert Reviews ) and the discussions about Mika´s songs (Mika´s Musuic and Artwork ).

I haven´t checked lately if it´s complete but here is the thread http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6396

I´m sure you will love Mika´s first and second albums too.

I hope this will help you a little bit.