Mika: ''I talk about serious things with the playful side of a little devil''

2853789_hd-mika-felix-larher_545x341.jpg

Bientôt trentenaire, le chanteur sans frontières reprend la route pour une tournée pop et énergique.

Maturité

« Je vais fêter mes 30 ans, mais rien à voir avec la maturité. La maturité, c’est bon pour les fromages !

Dans mon dernier album, je parle de choses sérieuses avec le côté joueur et taquin d’un petit diable. Je revendique le mélange entre profondeur et naïveté. »

Idoles

« Mes influences sont éclectiques. J’imagine souvent un dîner idéal avec mes idoles : Jean Cocteau, Louis Armstrong, Jeff Buckley, David Lynch et Barbara.

Pas sûr qu’elle s’entende avec les autres invités, mais on lui donnerait du vin pour que ça passe mieux ! »

Mode

« Je déteste l’industrie de la mode, j’aime l’esprit de la mode. Je mélange des vêtements à 10 euros et d’autres signés de grands créateurs. »

Iphone

« Je me suis longtemps baladé avec un dictaphone pour saisir les bruits du monde. Maintenant j’utilise mon iPhone.

J’enregistre des phrases, une chanson mêlée avec des voix ou, récemment, les témoignages de vieilles dames juives dans une maison de retraite à Londres : très émouvant ! »

Racines

« Je suis un immigré libanais qui a vécu en Europe avec des influences américaines.

En fait, je me sens de nulle part, alors j’ai créé mon propre pays par l’art, comme mes cinq frères et sœurs. »

Source: http://www.leparisien.fr/magazine/week-end/mika-je-parle-de-choses-serieuses-avec-le-cote-joueur-d-un-petit-diable-31-05-2013-2853789.php

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

comme mes 5 freres et soeurs.... :naughty:

:fisch:

thanks for posting. i wonder how long ago they interviewed him.

o the site says

Published May 31, 2013| Updated: June 5, 2013

o the site says

Published May 31, 2013| Updated: June 5, 2013

they used such an old picture! :naughty:

btw, at the bottom it says:

Après la sortie, en septembre dernier, de son album The Origin of Love (Barclay), Mika est en tournée en France : le 15 juin à Ruoms, le 23 à Marseille, le 28 à Marmande…

Il travaille sur son prochain disque, qu’il enregistrera dans deux mois.

it basically means that his album came out last September and that he is touring. He'll be in Ruoms on June 15 & Marseille on the 23 & Marmande on the 28.

He is working on his next album & will start recording in 2 months

He is working on his next album & will start recording in 2 months

next album?NEXT ALBUM?when does the album making progress become so fast? he must be trying not to have a writer's block again,keep creative all the time:naughty:

Everyone here seems to know French,but anyway,here's a quick translation:

maturity

"I will celebrate my 30th birthday, but I've nothing to do with maturity. Maturity, it is good for cheese!''

''In my last album, I talk about serious things with the playful side of a little devil, I claim a mixture of depth and simplicity. "

idols

"My influences are eclectic. I often imagine a perfect dinner with my idols: Jean Cocteau, Louis Armstrong, Jeff Buckley, David Lynch and Barbara.

Not sure she hears the other guests,but we give her wine to make it go better!''

Fashion

"I hate the fashion industry, I love the spirit of fashion.I mix 10 euro clothes with the other top designers work.''

iPhone

''I did long walks with a voice recorder to capture the sounds of the world,and now I use my iPhone.

I recorded phrases, song mixed with voices and recently,stories of old Jewish women in a retirement home in London: very moving! "

Roots

"I am a Lebanese immigrant who has lived in Europe with American influences.

actually,I feel I'm from nowhere,so I created my own universe with the help of art,as my five brothers and sisters did too''

Edited by Yasi

maturity

"I will celebrate my 30th birthday, but I've nothing to do with maturity. Maturity, it is good for cheese!''

''In my last album, I talk about serious things with the playful side of a little devil, I claim a mixture of depth and simplicity. "

idols

"My influences are eclectic. I often imagine a perfect dinner with my idols: Jean Cocteau, Louis Armstrong, Jeff Buckley, David Lynch and Barbara.

Not sure she hears the other guests,but we give her wine to make it go better!''

Fashion

"I hate the fashion industry, I love the spirit of fashion.I mix 10 euro clothes with the other top designers work.''

iPhone

''I did long walks with a voice recorder to capture the sounds of the world,and now I use my iPhone.

I recorded phrases, song mixed with voices and recently,stories of old Jewish women in a retirement home in London: very moving! "

Roots

actually,I feel I'm from nowhere,so I created my own universe with the help of art,as my five brothers and sisters did too''

I don't so thank you! :biggrin2::wub2:

maturity

idols

Fashion

iPhone

Roots

thanks for translating, Yasi :)