Learning Italian @MFC? Now you can!

robertina

Euh.... cause the actual meaning of that word as a noun is something that Mika doesn't like. Come on. Don't make me go further. Anyway it would be out of place and kind of rude to use it in its real meaning during a live show for families. Even though Victoria said something like "you douchebags/dicks" so I guess, it would be fine at the end of the day.

figo and sfigato are both adjectives so you need to make them match the noun.

Haha, I understand :doh::aah: And as adjectives, these words are quite normal to use publicly, right?

Thank you so much :boing:

Euh.... cause the actual meaning of that word as a noun is something that Mika doesn't like. Come on. Don't make me go further. Anyway it would be out of place and kind of rude to use it in its real meaning during a live show for families. Even though Victoria said something like "you douchebags/dicks" so I guess, it would be fine at the end of the day.

figo and sfigato are both adjectives so you need to make them match the noun.

A very nice metaphoric description :thumb_yello:

Haha, I understand :doh::aah: And as adjectives, these words are quite normal to use publicly, right?

Thank you so much :boing:

this bunch of words belongs to my teenage years, the only one I still regularly use is "figo" (to describe a hot guy). I seldom use "sfiga" (bad luck) when I'm with my family or friends, but as a kid I was not allowed to say "sfiga" or "sfigato" at home. I think you can consider them normal words when you are with your friends, but I'm not sure I'd suggest you to use them in a conversation because idioms are always tricky for foreign people :wink2:

this bunch of words belongs to my teenage years, the only one I still regularly use is "figo" (to describe a hot guy). I seldom use "sfiga" (bad luck) when I'm with my family or friends, but as a kid I was not allowed to say "sfiga" or "sfigato" at home. I think you can consider them normal words when you are with your friends, but I'm not sure I'd suggest you to use them in a conversation because idioms are always tricky for foreign people :wink2:

I use them all the time. :biggrin2:

A very nice metaphoric description :thumb_yello:

I use them all the time. :biggrin2:

Well, to know tricky words is most important :aah: Thanks girls :thumb_yello:

• 2 months later...
For some reason, slang is always willy willy willy easy to remember :naughty:

Thanks a lot for explaining girls :huglove:

You're willy willy willy right, and Mika is a perfect living representative of your theory :naughty:

My pleasure. Feel free to ask! :wink2:

Well. hopefully at XF "figa" is used as an adjective :teehee:: in this case the English word is "cool"

"questa canzone è figa" This is cool song

The same for "figata": a cool thing (or situation, or performance)

"sfigato" may be translated with "loser"

Hello !

Thanks to explain these words ! I speak sometimes in italian, and I never understood the word "figa" :doh:

Shame on me ! :aah:

• 2 months later...

Calling alll italians: qual è il plurale di identità? Non posso trovare la risposta sul internet stranamente :huh: Grazie!! Oh e ho dimenticato anche, lo so che la mia professora lo ha già detto in classe... Oh well...

EDIT: Oh snap I think there is none... It stays how it is? Can someone confirm?

Edited by RayaBadran

Calling alll italians: qual è il plurale di identità? Non posso trovare la risposta sul internet stranamente :huh: Grazie!! Oh e ho dimenticato anche, lo so che la mia professora lo ha già detto in classe... Oh well...

EDIT: Oh snap I think there is none... It stays how it is? Can someone confirm?

Il plurale è sempre identità. Le identità. :)