Boum Boum Boum Video Out 7/7/14!

dcdeb

Probably this article has not posted here.

promonews.tv

Mika 'Boum Boum Boum' by Jonathan Lia | Videos | Promonews

Jimmy Brown - 9th July 2014

Courtesy of director Jonathan Lia, Mika becomes the star of his own Clint Eastwood-esque western, complete with blanket poncho, Sergio Leone-style whistling and saloon bar piano. And that's just the start.

Shot a variety of well-known movie haunts in the Spanish city of Almeria, Lia serves up a feast of contrasting scenes with Mika assuming a variety of guises...

JONATHAN LIA:

"This video was an epic two-day shoot in and around Almeria, Spain.  We didn't want to make a literal translation of the lyrics, but rather create a world that was as if you put five of your favorite films in a blender to tell a loose narrative around the themes of sex and violence.  

"The western and film noir vignettes were shot at Western Leone, where films such as The Good, The Bad and The Ugly and A Fistful of Dollars were shot. The fortress in Lawrence Of Arabia was an actual fortress called The Alcazaba in Almeria from the 10th century.  The Bond vignette was shot at Hotel Cala Grande. The 1700's Revolution vignettes were shot in Guadix in a farm where they grow trees, hence the symmetrical nature of the forest.

"Mika was an absolute pleasure to work with. An excellent actor, he was able to truly embody each role, adding his own flair for nuance and subtle expression."

Credits

• Director
Jonathan Lia
  • Production Company
Good Company
  • Producer
Claire Baylin
  • Producer
Jackie Green
  • Director of Photography
Aaron Platt
  • Executive Producer
Jonathan Lia
  • Executive Producer
Ryan Heiferman
  • Executive Producer
Brian Welsh
  • Editor
Logan Seaman
  • Colourist
Ron Sudal
  • Grading company
Nice Shoes
  • Director's Representation
Lock It In
  • Commissioner
Ailsa Robertson

• Thanks 1

An Interview with Boum Boum Boum Director Jonathan Lia

Little Black Book

5 Minutes with… Jonathan Lia

https://www.lbbonline.com/news/5-minutes-with-jonathan-lia

a part of he mentions BBB

LBB> Many of the videos you’ve made have been ambitious, massive productions. Do those challenges ever seem insurmountable?

JL> I remember when I was directing this Mika video ‘Boum Boum Boum’, I sold through this very ambitious concept of Mika playing all these different characters like ‘70s James Bond, Lawrence of Arabia, a spaghetti western cowboy, film noir detective, an officer from the 1700’s… I was sitting on a plane on my way to shoot this in Spain and just thinking to myself ‘how the hell am I gonna do this?’ It happens all the time and you just have to do it, not really think about it too much.