What song are you listening to? (2017)

silver

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Friend: I'm pretty sure this song has a double meaning...

Me: What do you mean?

Friend:... horny

I know what they're getting at and now I can't get it out of my head 🙈

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/29/2024 at 1:30 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Haven't heard this song in years and it definitely still holds up today! I love it!

I'd forgotten that one!  Sent me down memory lane and reminded me of this one from 2008. :

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hero said:

Been listening to more piano compositions. Blame The Piano. :teehee:

Love this. LOVE it. From one of my favourite films. :heart:

Listened to this all way through, the music is beautiful! It's been years since I've watched Amélie, all I remember is being confused by it 😅.

8 hours ago, Hero said:

I'd forgotten that one!  Sent me down memory lane and reminded me of this one from 2008. :

I like some of Lenka's songs too! Especially this one:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful... 

Not actually by Chopin, that's a misnomer. The piece is called Mariage d'Amour, by Paul de Senneville. Lighthearted happiness and deeper melancholy combined as one. Float away... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Beautiful... 

Not actually by Chopin, that's a misnomer. The piece is called Mariage d'Amour, by Paul de Senneville. Lighthearted happiness and deeper melancholy combined as one. Float away... 

This is so calming to listen to! Very relaxing, which is just what I need today... 

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

I'm completely obsessed with Ben Platt's new album "honeymind".

I loved his first album "sing to me instead" as well but then lost interest since I didn't like the second album at all.

But this one got me hooked completely. It's such a good mix of heartfelt ballads and joyous, mood-boosting bangers and the lyrics are really good. Some of the songs remind me of Mika as well.

The one that caught my attention immediately was "home of the terrified", which pairs a happy country-pop melody with incredibly dark lyrics. Andrew reminded me of good wife in a way, not the sound but the lyrics.

All american queen is another favourite, so catchy and perfect for pride month! :) 

(@goose asked me to tag her in this!)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

I'm completely obsessed with Ben Platt's new album "honeymind".

I loved his first album "sing to me instead" as well but then lost interest since I didn't like the second album at all.

But this one got me hooked completely. It's such a good mix of heartfelt ballads and joyous, mood-boosting bangers and the lyrics are really good. Some of the songs remind me of Mika as well.

The one that caught my attention immediately was "home of the terrified", which pairs a happy country-pop melody with incredibly dark lyrics. Andrew reminded me of good wife in a way, not the sound but the lyrics.

All american queen is another favourite, so catchy and perfect for pride month! :) 

(@goose asked me to tag her in this!)

Thanks for tagging me🤭 I love the album also! The boy who hung the moon is my current favourite but I've been listening to the album too and from work alongside Nonetheless by The Pet Shop Boys :).

• Like 2

I'll give most music a listen, I love discovering anything new that I can potentially get hooked on, so I gave Ben Platt a listen.

Not my cup of tea at all 😕

Probably gonna get hate for this...

Some (not all!) of his songs make him sound like a depressed Ed Sheeran if Ed Sheeran was gay...

I only found one I don't mind too much:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Some (not all!) of his songs make him sound like a depressed Ed Sheeran if Ed Sheeran was gay...

Asdfghk I can't decide whether I'm offended or extremely amused!!

I loove grow as we go and it's the only song of his that I've made a cover of :)

But then again I was completely obsessed with that whole first album. I also went to his concert in London in 2019. Probably my favourite ever gig except for Mika's.

• Haha 1