The Voice 6 [ PART 2 ] France 2017

Kumazzz

3 minutes ago, tiibet said:

Any summary about what he said when he chose Audrey over Vincent? 

:sneaky2:

So he said that Audrey came into this show being insecure about her talent, that she wasn't sure if she has a place in this competition, that she is a sincere and emotional person, bla bla bla..... so he realized that he can't help her if she doesn't really wanna fight for her place. That's why he gave her more points, maybe because of her attitude or something... 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, krysady said:

:sneaky2:

So he said that Audrey came into this show being insecure about her talent, that she wasn't sure if she has a place in this competition, that she is a sincere and emotional person, bla bla bla..... so he realized that he can't help her if she doesn't really wanna fight for her place. That's why he gave her more points, maybe because of her attitude or something... 

Thanks for the summary. I feel so bad for Vincent. Who cares about what the audience says if his own coach puts him on the second place. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tiibet said:

Thanks for the summary. I feel so bad for Vincent. Who cares about what the audience says if his own coach puts him on the second place. 

Exactly. And all that for some strange reasons... 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, krysady said:

Exactly. And all that for some strange reasons... 

@krysady @tiibet

Do you remember The Voice 3 (2014) SEMI FINAL ?

Mika chose Elodie, because of he knew that PUBLIC would vote Kendji...

It is Mika.

48 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

@krysady @tiibet

It is Mika.

But last week the public saved Audrey not Vincent, so he couldn't be sure that this time the public would have voted for him. :dunno:

• Like 2

I liked the song chosen for Vincent this week. He needs songs where he can go a little bit "mad" I think. It fits his style. I haven't watched the whole episode though so don't know what kind of songs generally this week. 

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

It is Mika.

You're right, but this time the score was so tight  (72,8 - 77,2) and he knew that the audience has voted for Audrey previously. Things could have ended really bad for Vincent, I held my breath until they showed the final score :sweatdrop:

But yes, it is Mika... :rolleyes:

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, tiibet said:

I liked the song chosen for Vincent this week

It was Vincent's choice, each contestant had to choose the song for the individual performance and the coaches the one for duets. That's why Mika was so surprised when Audrey told him her choice.

35 minutes ago, tiibet said:

I liked the song chosen for Vincent this week. He needs songs where he can go a little bit "mad" I think. It fits his style. I haven't watched the whole episode though so don't know what kind of songs generally this week. 

I'm feeling a bit alone in what I'm about to say but I think Vincent has been just OK for a few weeks... Yesterday's performance was missing sparkles. And somehow, I have a feeling that he might be a bit reluctant in following Mika's advices. Nonetheless, I'm sure Mika will be 100% behind him for the final, he is up against very strong contestants

5 minutes ago, krysady said:

It was Vincent's choice, each contestant had to choose the song for the individual performance and the coaches the one for duets. That's why Mika was so surprised when Audrey told him her choice.

Ah thanks for explaining! I had such a busy week that I didn't have time to follow the Voice this week at all so I was just wondering why on earth that song for Audrey... Now I understand!  I liked the song Vincent had chosen. What did Mika say about their choices? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cathouzouf said:

I'm feeling a bit alone in what I'm about to say but I think Vincent has been just OK for a few weeks... Yesterday's performance was missing sparkles. And somehow, I have a feeling that he might be a bit reluctant in following Mika's advices. Nonetheless, I'm sure Mika will be 100% behind him for the final, he is up against very strong contestants

No you are not alone, I agree with you. I was there a week ago and I actually thought Mika might choose Imane because I thought she was better than earlier and Vincent on the other hand wasn't... But I don't feel he is 100 % behind him. If he was he would have put him first. His opinion is important and he put Audrey first. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cathouzouf said:

And somehow, I have a feeling that he might be a bit reluctant in following Mika's advices. 

I got this feeling about Audrey, she was very reluctant when Mika assigned her the song last week at the rehearsals. Vincent seems such a humble person, eager to learn from his coach and excited to take part in this competition. He followed Mika's advice from the rehearsals, at least the part we could see. I really don't get why Mika favored Audrey this time, but I gave up on trying to understand anyway :rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, tiibet said:

Ah thanks for explaining! I had such a busy week that I didn't have time to follow the Voice this week at all so I was just wondering why on earth that song for Audrey... Now I understand!  I liked the song Vincent had chosen. What did Mika say about their choices? 

You're welcome!  He said that MJ's song it's very difficult, and that Vincent must be the only contestant he saw during these years that never sings with his eyes closed, so he asked him to do that on stage. And you can see he did it.

He was very surprised by Audrey's choice, and told her that she's totally crazy, but he'll entrust his song to her for this week. In fact she was very funny when Mika asked why this choice, she said that she feels there's something between them two, you can see here around 0:25 on Eriko's vid : https://vk.com/videos232312753?z=video232312753_456239609%2F7c9d6b3dabfedf9fad%2Fpl_232312753_-2

• Like 1

I actually didn't like Audrey's performance at all. It might be because I'm such a fan of the song though :naughty: I actually preferred the talents from other teams. When that blonde guy Mattheiu (I think?) did that weird dancing thing against the podium I wasn't sure whether to cringe or laugh at Mika's expression :roftl: I thought it was cool that they sung with Katy Perry. I only really listen to a few of her songs but I liked the performances. The swimming costumes with fruit heads was kind of weird though :lol3: thanks to everyone who has been uploading and translating and everything! 

53 minutes ago, WeirdChild said:

When that blonde guy Mattheiu (I think?) did that weird dancing thing against the podium I wasn't sure whether to cringe or laugh at Mika's expression :roftl:

That was unexpected indeed :teehee:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, krysady said:

Mika said something about that after Mathew's performance, but I didn't understand it 

He said something about his seat not being totally over it :fisch: think no one was expecting this, including Matthieu and certainly not Mika... Problem was, I think Nikos didn't see it so he had no clue what Mika was talking about :lmfao:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cathouzouf said:

Problem was, I think Nikos didn't see it so he had no clue what Mika was talking about :lmfao:

Yes, that was all that I got, Nikos was lost and Mika didn't want to give him more details :teehee:

• Like 1

On 4/6/2017 at 4:39 PM, cathouzouf said:

I understand the Mika’s choice of the points towards Audrey, because she has had a more consistent and coherent path/journey in the competition, and also because Mika probably thought (risking a bit) that in the end the audience would have chosen Vincent for the final. Audrey was very good from the beginning, in her peculiar way of singing and of present herself to the public, with her fan and done very well stagings. But the thing is that she is already a professional, especially on stage. With her band, Audrey et les Faces B, she has been performing in jazz and rhythm-and-blues music venues and festivals of France for many years, and they released several albums, with a good success in their region. So she already had her own style of singing, of making performances, personality, and her own artistic path and career. Mika helped her to express this and her emotions in a television context, which is not her usual musical context. In the performance of last week (the song's choice was of the production, obviously approved by Mika), the dance scene with Mika was a lovely and emotional moment in the tv show, but precisely for this reason in a competition with two young, inexperienced and non-professional guys, it was a bit unbalanced in her favor. All this has created a connection and a sympathy between her and the public that there has not been with the others of the Mika’s team. She said that she isn't in the television landscape but she was very happy of the experience made in the show and her objective was to do the Voice tour and was not so important to her to be in the final. I'm happy she had the chance to show her talent to a wide audience.

Vincent is not a professional, he has no experience on a stage, he is certainly not sure of himself (he sometimes hides himself behind a forced cheerfulness to not show himself as a victim) and to be on the stage of a TV show like The Voice, without being able to move on it as others do, it can not be easy for him, in addition the fear and the fact that he chose difficult and risky songs, with the pressure of being indicated as one of the big favorites to win by press / media, made the difference. Mika himself said that Vincent was not quite ready and that he wanted to help him. So far this has been complicated by the rapidity of the competition and the circumstances. But he has a lot of talent and a great voice, it’s just that he was not able to express it and to express himself at his very best in the last 2 weeks (anyway, fo me, he did well and has found again himself at the end of “Earth Song”), as he and Mika wanted.

So I'm glad he is in the final and have the chance to prove/show his talent again and also sing in duet with Mika (there's still the duet with the coach, right?). The important thing is that he is offered the opportunity to make his music and find his artistic way.

Edited by charlie20
  • Like 3