Mika at Radio Deejay - Milan, 11 October 2019 -

Gabry74

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Thanks Eriko!

As always, I just understand the basics... first, they talk about beards, and Mika tells a story about his role in the movie Zoolander, where he got a fake beard, and I think he says it's from a Yak's fur. :teehee: So he had to shave his arms for the fake tattoos but instead had Yak's fur in his face. :naughty: I think he also talks about an embarrassing moment with Ben Stiller, but I don't understand that.

After the song the first part I don't understand much, but I'd love to know what he says there... it's something about TV celebrity vs musician, he mentions the Lollapalooza festivals, I think he also says something about his fans?

And finally he talks about his house & studio in Miami. How it all started there for the first album with Jodi Marr, recording at night at the Bee Gees' studio - I remember he has told this story before, a few years ago. And that the house he bought is very close to this studio.

• Like 3

https://www.deejay.it/articoli/mika-my-name-is-michael-holbrook-e-il-mio-album-piu-intimo/

Mika, “My Name Is Michael Holbrook” è il mio album più intimo

Il nuovo album e la casa a Miami comprata su internet: Mika si racconta a Deejay chiama Italia.

DI Redazione Web / 11 ottobre 2019

Il 4 ottobre è uscito My Name Is Michael Holbrook, il quinto album in studio di Mika. “Ho scelto di chiamare questo album con il mio vero nome perché è un lavoro molto personale, rappresenta quello che sono” ha spiegato il cantante in diretta.

A Deejay chiama Italia, Mika ha anche raccontato un divertente aneddoto: quella volta in cui comprò una casa su Internet, a Miami, che è poi è diventata il suo studio. “Non fatelo mai, il prezzo era interessante, ma ho impiegato sei anni a ristrutturarla” ha detto il cantante scherzando sull’immobile.

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

Mika, "My Name Is Michael Holbrook" is my most intimate album

The new album and the house in Miami bought on the internet: Mika tells Deejay he calls Italy.

Web editorial / 11 October 2019

On October 4 My Name Is Michael Holbrook was released, Mika's fifth studio album. "I chose to call this album with my real name because it is a very personal work, it represents what I am" explained the singer live.

A Deejay calls Italy, Mika also told a funny anecdote: that time when he bought a house on the Internet, in Miami, which is then became his studio. "Never do it, the price was interesting, but it took me six years to renovate it," the singer said, joking about the building.

mika_COVER-01.thumb.jpg.17d8a22430afd07310cbeb0c0af0a72d.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

solo a me sembra  che a radio dj lo hanno preso un po' in giro :emot-sad: sinceramente ho avuto questa sensazione e io personalmente ho preferito l'intervista a Radioitalia :yes: si lo so fanno il loro mestiere ma a me non è piaciuta molto l'intervista a radio dj :thumbdown: poi per carità non è una polemica no è solo il mio punto di vista tutto qua

20 hours ago, mellody said:

I think he also talks about an embarrassing moment with Ben Stiller, but I don't understand that.

He was supposed to have fake "knives" (he probably means razor blades) during filming, but he got the real ones instead, so he hurt Stiller's finger. Shortly after his part of filming ended he had a flight to catch, so he was kicked out with the fake moustache, tatoos and stage clothes and he was so embarassed he tried to remove the moustache in the toilet but he failed.  :lol3:

20 hours ago, mellody said:

After the song the first part I don't understand much, but I'd love to know what he says there... it's something about TV celebrity vs musician

This part is not really clear... He said that doing TV made him a celebrity, so he had to present himself again (as a musician) with the new album;  he also said that  even though he made TV he's still top chart in France, while others who did the same are not.

Edited by Ellys
  • Thanks 1