Mika in Brazilian Press 2019 - 2020

Kumazzz

Põe na Roda

https://poenaroda.com.br/pop/nunca-vou-perdoar-a-midia-por-como-tentaram-me-forcar-a-sair-do-armario-desabafa-mika/

''Nunca vou perdoar a mídia por como tentaram me forçar a sair do armário'', desabafa Mika

O cantor Mika desabafou sobre a maneira perversa como a mídia tentou tirá-lo do armário nos primeiros anos de sua carreira.

Em entrevista à Attitude, o cantor de ''Ice Cream'' falou sobre o assunto: ''Eu era bombardeado com esse questionamento de todo lado e não me sentia pronto. Me lembro de um artigo de uma revista que perguntava à artistas gays assumidos pra falarem suas opiniões sobre minha sexualidade'', disse.

''Nunca vou perdoar pelo que fizeram! Por que isso? Especialmente envolvendo artistas que admiro. Achei perturbador na época!'', confessou o cantor.

Mika, que surgiu em 2007 com o megahit ''Grace Kelly'', esperou até 2012 pra finalmente sair do armário publicamente. Segundo ele, foi o tempo necessário pra que toda sua família processasse a informação sem chocar ninguém. ''Nem todos entenderiam antes. Contei pra minha mãe que perguntou: 'E daí? Sempre soube'. Somos uma família pouco tradicional e tem de tudo um pouco'', contou.

O cantor, que atualmente está em um relacionamento que já dura 13 anos, acredita que ser LGBT publicamente no mundo de hoje é muito mais fácil do que quando ele surgiu em 2007, mais de 12 anos atrás. ''Hoje é menos chocante. Claro que ainda é complicado, mas acho que dá pra ser bem mais tranquilo. Hoje em dia menos pessoas se chocam e dá pra levar mais de boa'', disse.

:uk: English

Spoiler

''I will never forgive the media for trying to force me to come out'', Mika opens up

Singer Mika vented about the wicked way the media tried to get him come out in the early years of his career.

In an interview with Attitude, the ''Ice Cream'' singer talked about it: ''I was bombarded with this question from all sides and I didn't feel ready. I remember an article in a magazine that asked outed gay artists to share their views on my sexuality'', he said.

''I will never forgive for what they did! Why that? Especially involving artists I admire. I found it disturbing at the time!'' Confessed the singer.

Mika, who came up in 2007 with the megahit ''Grace Kelly'', waited until 2012 to finally come out publicly. According to him, it was the time needed for his entire family to process the information without shocking anyone. ''Not everyone would understand before. I told my mother, who asked: ‘So what? I always knew'. We are a little traditional family and have a bit of everything'', he said.

The singer, who is currently in a 13-year relationship, believes that being LGBT publicly in today's world is much easier than when he first appeared in 2007, more than 12 years ago. ''Today is less shocking. Of course it's still complicated, but I think it can be much quieter. Nowadays fewer people are shocked and you can take it easier'', he said.

Edited by BiaIchihara
  • Thanks 1

Lollapalooza Interactive Lineup - MIKA

https://www.lollapaloozabr.com/artist/mika/

mika-f4a88771.jpg

Sensação pop internacional MIKA construiu uma carreira e um catálogo inabaláveis, criando um mundo de romance sombrio em meio à alegria e à brincadeira do pop alternativo colorido. Ele é um artista renascentista de intenção impecável cujo nome justamente encontrou seu caminho ao lado de artistas lendários como Elton John, Freddie Mercury e Prince, e é mais conhecido por seu brilhante mega-hit ''Grace Kelly''.

Nascido Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr. em 1983 em Beirute, MIKA e sua família se mudaram para Paris antes de se estabelecer em Londres, onde começou as aulas de ópera e piano, aos 8 anos. Começando com seu álbum de estreia em 2007, ''Life In Cartoon Motion'', com ''Grace Kelly'', MIKA vendeu mais de 10 milhões de discos e é um artista certificado ouro e platina em 32 países ao redor do mundo. Indicado ao Grammy, ganhou um Brit Award e lançou outros três álbuns de platina: ''The Boy Who Knew Too Much'', ''The Origin Of Love'', e ''No Place In Heaven''. Ele agora apresenta seu quinto álbum de estúdio, ''My Name Is Michael Holbrook''. ''Eu queria descobrir de onde vim e por que meu nome legal é Michael Penniman Holbrook Junior'', diz MIKA. ''Eu tinha o título do álbum antes do álbum. Foi um manifesto. Foi um desafio para mim. Procurando descobrir a identidade de MIKA antes de ''Grace Kelly'', ele encontrou um profundo sentimento de alegria por sua descoberta. ''Foi bastante libertador. Eu me libertei da ideia do MIKA.'' Depois de escrever o álbum em Miami e Toscana ao longo de dois anos, o MIKA foi a Bruxelas para gravar com os produtores Marc Crew e Dan Priddy. 
Juntos, eles criaram paisagens sonoras orgânicas que abrangem diferentes décadas do pop e acompanharam o álbum inteiro ao vivo usando sintetizadores antigos e alistando todos os craques de todo o mundo.

MIKA agora se prepara para uma turnê mundial em que sua energia, atitude e movimento provocam uma sensação de mágica. ''É o tipo de energia perigosa onde tudo é possível'', diz ele. ''Se a temperatura estiver alta o suficiente, se a energia for ruim o suficiente, você pode contar qualquer história e defendê-la da maneira certa. A universalidade está na música pop que mais amamos'', diz ele. ''O pop não é apenas chiclete. Pode ser sujo. Pode ser brincalhão. Não é apenas descartável. Tem um motivo. Com ''My Name Is Michael Holbrook'', MIKA compartilha intimamente todo o seu eu com o público. Tudo o que ele pede agora é que façamos o mesmo. ''Não precisamos de perfeição. Precisamos de caráter, precisamos de emoção. Sinta-se livre para se expressar'', diz MIKA. ''Expresse-se, você não será julgado aqui.''

Spoiler

International pop sensation MIKA has built an unwavering career and catalog, creating a world of dark romance between the joy and joke of colorful alternative pop. He is a flawless Renaissance artist whose name rightly found its way alongside legendary artists such as Elton John, Freddie Mercury and Prince, and is best known for his brilliant mega hit ''Grace Kelly''.

Born Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr. in 1983 in Beirut, MIKA and his family moved to Paris before settling in London, where he began opera and piano lessons at age of 8. Starting with his 2007 debut album ''Life In Cartoon Motion'' with ''Grace Kelly'', MIKA has sold over 10 million records and is a certified gold and platinum artist in 32 countries around the world. A Grammy nominee, won a Brit Award and released three other platinum albums: ''The Boy Who Knew Too Much'', ''The Origin Of Love'', and ''No Place In Heaven''. He now presents his fifth studio album, ''My Name Is Michael Holbrook''. "I wanted to find out where I came from and why my civil name is Michael Penniman Holbrook Junior'', says MIKA. ''I had the album title before the album. It was a manifesto. It was a challenge for me. Seeking to discover MIKA's identity before ''Grace Kelly'', he found a deep sense of joy at his discovery. ''It was quite liberating. I broke free of the idea of MIKA. After writing the album in Miami and Tuscany for two years, MIKA went to Brussels to record with producers Marc Crew and Dan Priddy. Together they created organic soundscapes spanning different decades of pop and followed the entire album live using old synthesizers and enlisting all the stars from around the world.

MIKA now prepares for a world tour where his energy, attitude and movement elicit a sense of magic. ''It's the kind of dangerous energy where anything is possible'', he says. ''If the temperature is high enough, if the energy is bad enough, you can tell any story and defend it the right way. Universality is in the pop music we love the most'', he says. ''Pop is not just bubble gum. It can be dirty. It can be playful. It is not just disposable. There is a reason''. With ''My Name Is Michael Holbrook'', MIKA intimately shares his entire self with the public. All he asks now is that we do the same. ''We don't need perfection. We need character, we need emotion. Feel free to express yourself'', says MIKA. ''Express yourself, you will not be judged here.''

Edited by BiaIchihara
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

November 19 at 12:27 pm
Mika's new album! And I didn't know yet! We always have so much to do that forget what is really important ahahah! It took someone to warn me of this in an Instagram message so I could hear one more wonder of one of my favorite artists - in the world! That's why I want to share with you. Ladies and gentlemen, ''My Name Is Michael Holbrook'': 

Zeca Camargo is a nationally well-known TV presenter and self-declared Mika fan  :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

There's a column where he shares a list called '''Top 20 (+1) albums you didn't hear in 2012'', and #1 was ''The Origin Of Love'', where he says if he was Lady Gaga, he would do an internship with him to reload to the next album :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:, and Elton John should do a duets album with him, and another one about Mika + other artists called ''You can dance!'', which translation is on the next post, it's from 2007, but might be new for some os us

Edited by BiaIchihara
  • Like 1

You can dance!

http://g1.globo.com/platb/zecacamargo/2007/03/15/you-can-dance/

qui, 15/03/07 por Zeca Camargo | categoria Todas

Dependendo da sua geração, você pode achar que o título acima se refere a uma música do ABBA (''Dancing Queen'') ou de Madonna (''Into The Groove''). Ou, se você não era nem nascido na época em que essas músicas faziam sucesso (e nem tem a virtude de se permitir, bem de vez em quando, uma noite de flashback), mas acompanha as novidades musicais, você pode achar que eu estou me referindo a quatro lançamentos recentes – todos próximos de um gênero que um dia já foi chamado de rock. E é rock. Mas dá para dançar. E como. (Só por essa introdução, você já deve ter percebido que, apesar de o assunto de hoje ser sobre novidades musicais, ele não vai fazer parte da blitz/avalanche de palavras escritas sobre o novo disco do Arcade Fire – ufa!).

Comecemos com Mika – ou Freddie Mercury 2007, se você preferir. Lembra quando o Queen era considerada a maior banda de rock do planeta (se não lembra, vá ao wikipedia.com)? Isso mesmo, rock: com solos de guitarras, bateria poderosa, vocais histriônicos e… uma certa batida ''dance''! Um blog como esse, sempre tão ligeiro, nem é lugar para discorrer sobre o que o Queen significou para a música pop – e para o rock. Ousadias (''Jazz''), cafonices (''We Are The Champions''), momentos únicos (''A Night At The Opera'') e bizarros (''Hot Space'') – o Queen tinha tudo. E tinha especialmente Freddie Mercury. Os fãs mais hidrófobos certamente já estão se incomodando com as comparações entre Mika e Freddie (assim como os fãs do Talking Heads se incomodaram tolamente com as comparações entre o vocalista do Clap Your Hand And Say Yeah com David Byrne…). Será que a voz do jovem libanês de 23 anos pode ser mesmo comparada com a do veterano inglês? Serão os arranjos de Mika iguais – ou quem sabe, superiores – aos do Queen? Ah… quanto tempo a gente perde discutindo esses detalhes, quando o que importa mesmo é que os dois artistas tem um ponto de convergência: um talento para a diversidade.

Logo da primeira vez que você ouve ''Life In Cartoon Motion'', o disco de estréia de Mika, percebe que não está diante de um disco ordinário. ''Grace Kelly'', a faixa de abertura – já um sucesso mundial – não se parece com nada que você ouve por aí nas rádios – nem nas rádios mais alternativas. Ao longo dos magros – ainda que fartos – três minutos e sete segundos da canção, você fica tentando encaixar aquele som em alguma categoria que você conheça – mas antes de que a música acabe, você percebe que o exercício é inútil. A última vez que me senti atordoado foi quando ouvi ''Hey Ya!'', do Outkast, pela primeira vez (tudo bem, ''Hey Ya!'', ainda continua insuperável – mas estou falando da lembrança daquele primeiro contato, revivido com ''Grace Kelly''). E, assim como aquela faixa me deu vontade de ouvir o álbum todo dezenas de vezes, entrei no mesmo processo com ''Life In Cartoon Motion'' (os vídeos, você encontra com facilidade na internet, mas se quiser entrar mais no mundo encantado de Mika, o link é esse www.mikasounds.com).

A experiência é parecida com a de uma criança que entra num parque de diversões pela primeira vez: você não sabe direito para onde olha – ou melhor, no que seu ouvido deve prestar atenção. Tudo cintila numa cornucópia de surpresas agradáveis – e, só lembrando, quase sempre dançantes. Da brincadeira de ''Lollipop'' à mensagem tipo auto-ajuda de ''Relax (Take It Easy)'', você não quer mais largar. Aos poucos a comparação com Freddie Mercury vai se desfazendo e você nem pensa em reescutar seus antigos discos do Queen. Na verdade você não pensa em escutar mais nada – e tive de me esforçar para passar para os outros artistas que eu me propus a discutir aqui hoje. Estamos falando sobre rock que dá para dançar, certo? Então passemos ao Klaxons.

Spoiler

thu, 03/15/07 by Zeca Camargo | All category

Depending on your generation, you may find that the title above refers to a song by ABBA (''Dancing Queen'') or Madonna (''Into The Groove''). Or, if you weren't even born at the time when these songs were successful (and you don't even have the virtue of allowing yourself a flashback night every now and then), but you keep up with the musical news, you might think I'm referring to four recent releases - all close to a genre that was once called rock. And it's rock. But you can dance to it. And how you can. (Just by this introduction, you may have realized that while today's subject is about musical news, it won't be part of the blitz/avalanche of words written about the new Arcade Fire album - phew!).

Let's start with Mika - or 2007 Freddie Mercury if you prefer. Remember when Queen was considered the biggest rock band on the planet (if you don't remember, go to wikipedia.com)? That's right, rock: with guitar solos, powerful drums, histrionic vocals and… a certain dance beat! A blog like this, always so light, is no place to talk about what Queen meant to pop music - and rock music. Boldness (''Jazz''), boisterousness (''We Are The Champions''), unique moments (''A Night At The Opera'') and bizarre (''Hot Space'') - Queen had it all. And especially Freddie Mercury. The more hydrophobic fans are certainly already bothering with Mika and Freddie comparisons (just as Talking Heads fans foolishly bothered with comparing Clap Your Hand And Say Yeah's vocalist with David Byrne…). Can the 23-year-old Lebanese's voice really compare with that of the English veteran? Are Mika's arrangements equal - or perhaps superior - to those of Queen? Ah… how much time we spend discussing these details, when it really matters that the two artists have a point of convergence: a talent for diversity.

From the very first time you hear ''Life In Cartoon Motion'', Mika's debut album, you realize you're not facing an ordinary record. ''Grace Kelly'', the opening track - already a worldwide hit - doesn't look like anything you hear out there on radios - nor on the more alternative radios. Throughout the slim - yet stuffed - three minutes and seven seconds of the song, you keep trying to fit that sound into some category you know - but before the song is over, you realize that the exercise is useless. The last time I felt stunned was when I heard Outkast's ''Hey Ya!'' For the first time (all right, ''Hey ya!'', it's still unsurpassed - but I'm talking about the memory of that first contact, relived with ''Grace Kelly '). And just as that track made me want to listen to the album dozens of times, I went through the same process with ''Life In Cartoon Motion'' (the videos you can easily find on the internet, but if you want to get more into the enchanted world of Mika, the link is this www.mikasounds.com).

The experience is similar to a child entering an amusement park for the first time: you don't know exactly where to look - or rather what your ear should pay attention to. Everything sparkles in a cornucopia of pleasant surprises - and, just remembering, almost always dancing. From the play of ''Lollipop'' to the self-help message of ''Relax (Take It Easy)'', you don't want to let go anymore. Gradually the comparison with Freddie Mercury is crumbling and you don't even think about re-listening to your old Queen records. In fact you don't think about listening any more - and I had to work hard to move on to the other artists I set out to discuss here today. We're talking about dance rock, right? So let's move on to Klaxons. [...]

Edited by BiaIchihara

• 3 weeks later...

Mika - My Name Is Michael Holbrook

http://www.youmedancing.com.br/mika-my-name-is-michael-holbrook/

O novo álbum de Mika, ''My Name Is Michael Holbrook'', é, acima de tudo, um disco sobre o amor. Após 4 anos sem lançar um álbum, o quinto disco do artista britânico retoma um pouco de sua energia de 10 anos atrás, de seus dois primeiros álbuns ''Life In Cartoon Motion'' (2007) e ''The Boy Who Knew Too Much'' (2009), com a maturidade de um homem de 36 anos que já foi jurado nas edições italianas de ''X-Factor'' e ''The Voice'', fez parceria com a Orquestra Sinfônica de Montreal e já teve diversas polêmicas sobre sua sexualidade e sua vida pessoal. Sua maturidade musical e enorme energia criaram um disco extremamente animado, ao mesmo tempo que profundo, provocador e divertido.

De acordo com o próprio músico, ''escrever e gravar este disco foi uma forma de remediar a mim e a minha família. É profundamente pessoal, mas também universal. Eu tenho chegado a entender que a única coisa que importa na vida são as pessoas que amamos e as histórias que contamos. Este álbum é dedicado àquelas pessoas que amo e à noção de que, embora todos esperemos que cresçam com a idade, devemos fazê-lo sem perder cores, calor e caprichos.'' O novo álbum de Mika é não apenas sobre o amor, mas sobre o amor à sua própria história, à sua própria família, nome e idade. É uma forma de autoaceitação, que fica clara em muitas das faixas, ora melódicas, ora mais enérgicas.

''Tiny Love'', a primeira faixa do álbum, já traz um pouco da energia do álbum, com uma variação entre momentos mais calmos e animados, falando sobre a importância dos pequenos amores da vida. A faixa que segue, ''Ice Cream'', é um revival de ''Lollipop'', de seu primeiro álbum, com seu humor de duplo sentido, que soa ao mesmo tempo ingênuo, sarcástico e ''safado''. Segundo ele, a música ''é uma fantasia dos sonhos. Como uma miragem vinda do calor, e isso me faz sentir como qualquer coisa é possível''. Como já dito, o álbum é uma forma de autoaceitação de sua família e sua história. A faixa ''Paloma'' é um exemplo explícito: ela é uma homenagem à irmã, Paloma Penniman, que se jogou do quarto andar em 2010, e felizmente sobreviveu. Ela também aparece na última faixa do álbum, uma reprise da primeira música que retoma as faixas anteriores e amarra o álbum, agora cantando um trecho sobre ela mesma. O processo de aceitação é generalizado nas faixas ''Sanremo'' e ''Platform Ballerinas'', que falam, respectivamente, sobre a homossexualidade de homens reprimida pela masculinidade forçada da sociedade e o empoderamento de mulheres que não se encaixam nos padrões, trazendo um ar mais universal a todo discurso presente no álbum.

De forma geral, o disco novo de Mika fala do início ao fim de amor, mas não de uma forma piegas, forçada e opressora, sofrida: é sempre um amor livre, libertador, feliz. A única música que quebra um pouco essa lógica é ''Cry'', que mostra uma visão menos romântica, questionando o sofrimento causado pelo amor, que o faz se sentir sozinho. No entanto, ele ressalta no final que esse sofrimento não o atingirá mais (''I’ll be okay again / I won’t cry over you''), resgatando o caráter esperançoso do amor que permeia o disco. Por fim, é impossível citar Mika sem falar sobre sua exuberante voz, com um alcance vocal único, e que já gerou comparações com outros grandes nomes da música, como Freddie Mercury. Sua potência vocal é bem explorada no álbum, e como sempre o música não se deixa levar pela timidez, alcançando belos agudos e trazendo uma energia contagiante aos que ouvem o disco. Pode-se dizer que o príncipe europeu está de volta, e em grande estilo.

OUÇA: ''Tiny Love'', ''Ice Cream'', ''Sanremo'' e ''Stay High''

Spoiler

Mika's new album, ''My Name Is Michael Holbrook'', is, above all, a love album. After 4 years without releasing an album, the British artist's fifth album recovers some of its energy from 10 years ago from his first two albums ''Life In Cartoon Motion'' (2007) and ''The Boy Who Knew Too Much'' (2009), with the maturity of a 36-year-old man who has been a judge on the italian editions of ''X-Factor'' and ''The Voice'' has partnered with the Montreal Symphony Orchestra and has had several controversies about his sexuality and his personal life. His musical maturity and enormous energy created an extremely lively, deep, provocative and fun album.

According to the musician himself, ''writing and recording this record was a way to remedy myself and my family. It's deeply personal, but also universal. I have come to understand that the only thing that matters in life is the people we love and the stories we tell. This album is dedicated to the people I love and the notion that while we all hope they will grow up with age, we should do so without losing color, warmth and whims.'' Mika's new album is not just about love, but about love for his own story, his own family, name and age. It is a form of self-acceptance that is clear in many of the tracks, sometimes melodic, sometimes more energetic.

''Tiny Love'', the first track on the album, already brings some of the album's energy, with a variation between calmer and livelier moments, talking about the importance of life's little loves. The following track, ''Ice Cream'', is a revival of ''Lollipop'' from his debut album, with its dual-sense humor that sounds both naive, sarcastic and ''naughty''. According to him, music ''is a dream fantasy. Like a mirage from the heat, and it makes me feel like anything is possible.'' As said, the album is a form of self-acceptance of his family and your story. The track ''Paloma'' is an explicit example: it is a tribute to her sister, Paloma Penniman, who threw herself off the fourth floor in 2010 and happily survived. She also appears on the last track of the album, a rerun of the first song that resumes the previous tracks and ties the album, now singing an excerpt about herself. The acceptance process is widespread in ''Sanremo'' and ''Platform Ballerinas'' tracks, which talk, respectively, about the homosexuality of men repressed by the forced masculinity of society and the empowerment of women who do not fit the standards, bringing a more universal air. to every speech on the album.

In general, Mika's new album speaks of the beginning to the end of love, but not in a mushy, forced and oppressive, pained way: it's always free, liberating, happy love. The only song that breaks this logic a bit is ''Cry'', which shows a less romantic view, questioning the suffering caused by love, which makes him feel alone. However, he points out in the end that this suffering will no longer hit him (''I 'll be okay again / I will not cry over you''), rescuing the hopeful character of the love that permeates the album. Finally, it's impossible to quote Mika without talking about his lush voice, with a unique vocal range, which has already generated comparisons with other big names in music, such as Freddie Mercury. His vocal power is well explored on the album, and as always the music is not shy, reaching beautiful highs and bringing a contagious energy to those who listen to the album. You could say that the European prince is back, and in style.

LISTEN: ''Tiny Love'', ''Ice Cream'', ''Sanremo'' and ''Stay High''

Edited by BiaIchihara
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

RAPEL POP

https://www.papelpop.com/2019/12/papelpop-elege-os-20-melhores-albuns-internacionais-de-2019/

Papelpop elege os 20 melhores álbuns internacionais de 2019

Guilherme Araujo

Convenhamos: todos nós dançamos, cantamos, choramos e, acima de qualquer coisa, vivemos momentos inesquecíveis ao som de faixas que, embora recentes, tem tudo pra serem levadas daqui para a posteridade. Embora haja quem discorde, os últimos 12 meses foram repletos de lançamentos geniais.

Não importa o meio de gravação: quisemos aprender todas as coreografias do Beychella com seu registro, chegar arrasando nas festas ao som da mistura pop (e sofisticada) de Solange e ainda por cima tomar as dores de Nick Cave. Também fomos tomados pela febre Harry Styles e reavivamos o verdadeiro significado de empoderamento com Lizzo, a nova diva.

O Papelpop pode dizer com tranquilidade: foi mesmo um ano incrível! Logo, estes são os nossos 20 eleitos. Seu/sua fav está entre eles?

18. My Name is Michael Holbrook, MIKA

Após quatro ####ing anos sem lançar qualquer material inédito, o franco-libanês Mika decidiu que era hora de voltar ao estúdio. Neste disco, Mika empreende uma jornada rica e intensa pelas dores e glórias dos desafios enfrentados pelo cantor. Bem, em suas próprias palavras:

“Minha intenção foi escrever sobre a vida, assim como aconteceu. Uma espécie de álbum feito em tempo real. É uma explosão de alegria, cor e emoções. É profundamente pessoal, mas também universal. Eu tenho chegado a entender que a única coisa que importa na vida são as pessoas que amamos e as histórias que contamos. Quem dá a mínima para o amanhã? Agora, eu sim”.

Pra dançar, se sentir maravilhoso, se emocionar, mas, acima de tudo, sentir!

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

Papelpop Names Top 20 International Albums of 2019
Guilherme Araujo

Let's face it: we all dance, sing, cry and, above all, live unforgettable moments to the sound of tracks that, although recent, have everything to be taken from here to posterity. Although there are those who disagree, the last 12 months have been full of brilliant releases.

No matter what the recording medium: We wanted to learn all Beychella's choreography with her record, rock the parties to the sound of Solange's pop (and sophisticated) mix, and take the pains of Nick Cave. We were also seized with the Harry Styles fever and revived the true meaning of empowerment with Lizzo, the new diva.

Papelpop can say it with ease: it was an amazing year indeed! So these are our 20 elected. Is his / her fav among them?

After four ####ing years without releasing any new material, French-Lebanese Mika decided it was time to return to the studio. In this album, Mika undertakes a rich and intense journey through the pains and glories of the challenges faced by the singer. Well, in your own words:

“My intention was to write about life, just as it happened. A kind of album made in real time. It is an explosion of joy, color and emotions. It is deeply personal, but also universal. I have come to understand that the only thing that matters in life is the people we love and the stories we tell. Who gives a s**t about tomorrow? Now I do. ”

To dance, to feel wonderful, to be emotional, but above all to feel!

• Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 3:59 AM, Kumazzz said:

PAPEL POP

https://www.papelpop.com/2019/12/papelpop-elege-os-20-melhores-albuns-internacionais-de-2019/

Papelpop elege os 20 melhores álbuns internacionais de 2019

Guilherme Araujo

Convenhamos: todos nós dançamos, cantamos, choramos e, acima de qualquer coisa, vivemos momentos inesquecíveis ao som de faixas que, embora recentes, tem tudo pra serem levadas daqui para a posteridade. Embora haja quem discorde, os últimos 12 meses foram repletos de lançamentos geniais.

Não importa o meio de gravação: quisemos aprender todas as coreografias do Beychella com seu registro, chegar arrasando nas festas ao som da mistura pop (e sofisticada) de Solange e ainda por cima tomar as dores de Nick Cave. Também fomos tomados pela febre Harry Styles e reavivamos o verdadeiro significado de empoderamento com Lizzo, a nova diva.

O Papelpop pode dizer com tranquilidade: foi mesmo um ano incrível! Logo, estes são os nossos 20 eleitos. Seu/sua fav está entre eles?

Após quatro ####ing anos sem lançar qualquer material inédito, o franco-libanês Mika decidiu que era hora de voltar ao estúdio. Neste disco, Mika empreende uma jornada rica e intensa pelas dores e glórias dos desafios enfrentados pelo cantor. Bem, em suas próprias palavras:

“Minha intenção foi escrever sobre a vida, assim como aconteceu. Uma espécie de álbum feito em tempo real. É uma explosão de alegria, cor e emoções. É profundamente pessoal, mas também universal. Eu tenho chegado a entender que a única coisa que importa na vida são as pessoas que amamos e as histórias que contamos. Quem dá a mínima para o amanhã? Agora, eu sim”.

Pra dançar, se sentir maravilhoso, se emocionar, mas, acima de tudo, sentir!

Hide contents

Papelpop Names Top 20 International Albums of 2019
Guilherme Araujo

Let's face it: we all dance, sing, cry and, above all, live unforgettable moments to the sound of tracks that, although recent, have everything to be taken from here to posterity. Although there are those who disagree, the last 12 months have been full of brilliant releases.

No matter what the recording medium: We wanted to learn all Beychella's choreography with her record, rock the parties to the sound of Solange's pop (and sophisticated) mix, and take the pains of Nick Cave. We were also seized with the Harry Styles fever and revived the true meaning of empowerment with Lizzo, the new diva.

Papelpop can say it with ease: it was an amazing year indeed! So these are our 20 elected. Is his / her fav among them?

After four ####ing years without releasing any new material, French-Lebanese Mika decided it was time to return to the studio. In this album, Mika undertakes a rich and intense journey through the pains and glories of the challenges faced by the singer. Well, in your own words:

“My intention was to write about life, just as it happened. A kind of album made in real time. It is an explosion of joy, color and emotions. It is deeply personal, but also universal. I have come to understand that the only thing that matters in life is the people we love and the stories we tell. Who gives a s**t about tomorrow? Now I do. ”

To dance, to feel wonderful, to be emotional, but above all to feel!

Translation

Let's face it: we all danced, sang, cried and, above all, lived unforgettable moments to the sound of tracks that, although recent, have everything to be taken from here to posterity. Although there are those who disagree, the last 12 months have been full of brilliant releases.

No matter what the recording medium: We wanted to learn all Beychella's choreography with her record, rock the parties to the sound of Solange's pop (and sophisticated) mix and even take the pains out of Nick Cave. We were also seized with the Harry Styles fever and revived the true meaning of empowerment with Lizzo, the new diva.

Papelpop can say at ease: It was an amazing year indeed! So these are our 20 elected. Is your fav among them?

After four ####ing years without releasing any new material, french-lebanese Mika decided it was time to return to the studio. In this album, Mika undertakes a rich and intense journey through the pains and glories of the challenges faced by the singer. Well, in his own words:

“My intention was to write about life, just as it happened. A kind of album made in real time. It is an explosion of joy, color and emotions. It's deeply personal, but also universal. I have come to understand that the only thing that matters in life is the people we love and the stories we tell. Who gives a s**t about tomorrow? Now I do.''

To dance, to feel wonderful, to be emotional, but, above all, to feel!

Edited by BiaIchihara
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

MUZA

• sábado, 1 de junho de 2019

muza.com.br

Cantor Mika está de volta com nova música

O cantor Mika está de volta, com sua voz e estilo bem caractéristicos! A nova música é "Ice Cream" e fará parte do seu novo disco: “My Name is Michael Holbrook”, que será lançado só no dia 4 de outubro!

Sobre a nova música, que tem versos ousados como "Eu quero o seu sorvete, eu quero derretendo na minha língua", Mika escreveu nas redes sociais sobre a inspiração da canção: "Ela [‘Ice Cream’] foi escrita num dia extremamente quente de agosto.  Foi nas últimas semanas de escrita para o álbum; um período que durou dois anos... A faixa é um devaneio de fantasia. Como uma miragem de calor, e me faz sentir como se tudo fosse possível. Verão e calor provocam isso".

• sexta-feira, 4 de outubro de 2019

muza.com.br

Mika está com disco novo: "My Name Is Michael Holbrook"

O cantor Mika está de volta e com disco novo: "My Name Is Michael Holbrook".
Para quem não sabe esse é o nome real do cantor, Mika é seu nome artístico. 
O novo disco é o sucessor de "No Place In Heaven" (2015). 

Mika já havia divulgado a música safadinha "Ice Cream",que ganhou um videoclipe divertido. Além de  "Tiny Love" e "Sanremo". Esse último ganhou um videoclipe com temática LGBT sobre um homem saindo do armário. Assista todos abaixo ;)

Spoiler

Singer Mika is back with new song

Singer Mika is back with his very characteristic voice and style! The new song is "Ice Cream" and will be part of their new album: "My Name is Michael Holbrook", which will be released only on October 4th!

About the new song, which has bold verses like "I want your ice cream, I want it melting on my tongue," Mika wrote on social media about the song's inspiration: "She ['Ice Cream'] was written on an extremely hot day. It was the last few weeks of writing for the album, a period that lasted two years ... The track is a fantasy daydream. Like a mirage of heat, and it makes me feel like everything is possible. Summer and heat provoke that".

Mika has a new album: "My Name Is Michael Holbrook"

Singer Mika is back with a new album: "My Name Is Michael Holbrook".
For those who do not know this is the real name of the singer, Mika is his stage name.
The new album is the successor to "No Place In Heaven" (2015).

Mika had already released the naughty song "Ice Cream", which won a fun video clip. In addition to "Tiny Love" and "Sanremo". The latter won a LGBT themed music video about a man coming out of the closet. Watch all below;)

19 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

MUZA

• sábado, 1 de junho de 2019

muza.com.br

Cantor Mika está de volta com nova música

O cantor Mika está de volta, com sua voz e estilo bem caractéristicos! A nova música é "Ice Cream" e fará parte do seu novo disco: “My Name is Michael Holbrook”, que será lançado só no dia 4 de outubro!

Sobre a nova música, que tem versos ousados como "Eu quero o seu sorvete, eu quero derretendo na minha língua", Mika escreveu nas redes sociais sobre a inspiração da canção: "Ela [‘Ice Cream’] foi escrita num dia extremamente quente de agosto.  Foi nas últimas semanas de escrita para o álbum; um período que durou dois anos... A faixa é um devaneio de fantasia. Como uma miragem de calor, e me faz sentir como se tudo fosse possível. Verão e calor provocam isso".

• sexta-feira, 4 de outubro de 2019

muza.com.br

Mika está com disco novo: "My Name Is Michael Holbrook"

O cantor Mika está de volta e com disco novo: "My Name Is Michael Holbrook".
Para quem não sabe esse é o nome real do cantor, Mika é seu nome artístico. 
O novo disco é o sucessor de "No Place In Heaven" (2015). 

Mika já havia divulgado a música safadinha "Ice Cream",que ganhou um videoclipe divertido. Além de  "Tiny Love" e "Sanremo". Esse último ganhou um videoclipe com temática LGBT sobre um homem saindo do armário. Assista todos abaixo ;)

Hide contents

Singer Mika is back with his very characteristic voice and style! The new song is "Ice Cream" and will be part of their new album: "My Name is Michael Holbrook", which will be released only on October 4th!

About the new song, which has bold verses like "I want your ice cream, I want it melting on my tongue," Mika wrote on social media about the song's inspiration: "She ['Ice Cream'] was written on an extremely hot day. It was the last few weeks of writing for the album, a period that lasted two years ... The track is a fantasy daydream. Like a mirage of heat, and it makes me feel like everything is possible. Summer and heat provoke that".

Mika has a new album: "My Name Is Michael Holbrook"

Singer Mika is back with a new album: "My Name Is Michael Holbrook".
For those who do not know this is the real name of the singer, Mika is his stage name.
The new album is the successor to "No Place In Heaven" (2015).

Mika had already released the naughty song "Ice Cream", which won a fun video clip. In addition to "Tiny Love" and "Sanremo". The latter won a LGBT themed music video about a man coming out of the closet. Watch all below;)

Translation

Singer Mika is back with his very characteristic voice and style! The new song is ''Ice Cream'' and will be part of his new album: ''My Name is Michael Holbrook'', to be be released only on October 4th!

About the new song, which has bold verses like ''I want your ice cream, I want it melting on my tongue'', Mika wrote on social media about the song's inspiration: ''It ['Ice Cream'] was written on an extremely hot day. It was the last few weeks of writing for the album, a period that lasted two years... The track is a fantasy daydream. Like a mirage of heat, and it makes me feel as if everything is possible. Summer and heat provoke that''.

Mika has a new album: ''My Name Is Michael Holbrook''

Singer Mika is back with a new album: ''My Name Is Michael Holbrook''.
For those who don't know this is the real name of the singer, Mika is his stage name.
The new album is the successor to ''No Place In Heaven'' (2015).

Mika had already released the naughty song ''Ice Cream'', which got a fun video clip. In addition to ''Tiny Love'' and ''Sanremo''. The last one got a LGBT themed music video about a man's coming out. Watch them all below ;)

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

MIKA confirmado no Circo Voador (RJ, 05.04)! Ingressos em https://queremos.com.br/ 🔥

:uk:  English

Spoiler

MIKA confirmed at Circo Voador (RJ, 05.04)! Tickets at https://queremos.com.br/

International pop sensation, MIKA has built an unshakable career and catalog, creating a world of dark romance between the joy and playfulness of its colorful alternative pop. At 23, he released his debut album, ''Life In Cartoon Motion'', which sold more than 10 million records and became a certified artist with gold and platinum in 32 countries around the world. Grammy-nominated, he won a Brit Award and released three other platinum albums: ''The Boy Who Knew Too Much'', ''The Origin Of Love'', and ''No Place In Heaven''. MIKA now presents his fifth studio album, ''My Name Is Michael Holbrook''.

Edited by BiaIchihara

Spoiler

Potyguara Bardo confirmed at the first show of the night with MIKA at Circo Voador (RJ, 05.04)! Bit.ly/mikarj tickets 🔥

Potyguara Bardo is an interpreter, composer and drag queen from Natal. In 2018, at the age of 22, she debuts on a disc with Simulacre, where she presented the living mixture that incarnates in her shows between ancestry, pop and an experimentalism that blurs the borders between them. "My sound is a journey through the aspects that make up the character that life, with a little help from me, came to shape". Following the path of success opened by artists like Pabllo Vittar and Linn da Quebrada, Potyguara Bardo proposes to further expand the field of possibilities, whether artistic or identity, of Brazilian music: “Music, for me, as art in general , is a playground where my child Me can play creating”.

Edited by BiaIchihara

Another show in São Paulo

Spoiler

Is your anxiety for the Lolla Parties on fire? So relax, take it eeeeaaaasy! If you read to the rhythm, you can get excited, on April 2nd there is a Mika show at Cine Jóia.

One of the main voices of pop, one of the greatest performances on stage. Do you know those shows that you can't miss out for nothing? So, this is it. Guarantee your ticket now: http://bit.ly/LollaBR2020

Edited by BiaIchihara

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, BiaIchihara said:

89039392_2845828045509296_27485952104799

04/04 schedule at Lollapalooza Brasil
Mika will perform on Onix Stage, from 14:10 to 14:55

So he's performing in the middle of the day? That would be cool to see. I will be in Sao Paolo for April 2 and in Rio for April 5 and I hadn't planned this April 4 at all but maybe I should stay in Sao Paolo for it. I just can't find any easy information. Where exactly is this? I mean the exact location? Is it easy to get there? If the location is not too complicated maybe I should consider this one too. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tiibet said:

So he's performing in the middle of the day? That would be cool to see. I will be in Sao Paolo for April 2 and in Rio for April 5 and I hadn't planned this April 4 at all but maybe I should stay in Sao Paolo for it. I just can't find any easy information. Where exactly is this? I mean the exact location? Is it easy to get there? If the location is not too complicated maybe I should consider this one too. 

Yes, and you would need tons of sun blocker, because Brazil is very good at being hot this time of the day

I'm going to send your question to the fans who are attending Lolla

In advance, Lollapalooza, is on Autódromo de Interlagos (Interlagos Race Track) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autódromo_José_Carlos_Pace

Edited by BiaIchihara

Papel Pop.com

“Meu show é um oásis, mas também uma provocação”, diz Mika ao Papelpop

O clima no Brasil é de ressaca. O Carnaval acabou há poucos dias e há quem diga que o ano novo só se fez valer agora, após a quarta-feira de cinzas. Todos parecem despertar e ainda há glitter espalhado por todas as partes. No chão, nos próprios corpos… mas as cores dessa que é a nossa festa mais tradicional, presentes em fantasias e adornos de cabeça, fazem parte mesmo é da essência do Brasil. Estão sempre vivas no imaginário até de quem enxerga tudo de fora, como o libanês Mika. Quando toco no assunto ele prontamente diz: “Eu adoraria curtir isso no Rio, é algo que nunca fiz antes. Mas se o fizer um dia será fantasiado”.

Seu interesse pela Cidade Maravilhosa não é novidade. No disco “No Place In Heaven”, lançado em 2015, há uma canção que leva seu nome. Em junho de 2018 o cantor chegou a voltar, mas foi apenas um aceno. Veio a passeio, acompanhado por amigos. Não fez alarme. “Gosto de observar os viadutos daí. Sou um grande fã de [Oscar] Niemeyer e de arquitetura”. Ele responde minhas perguntas enquanto come sua sobremesa em um hotel de Luxemburgo, um pequeno país localizado ao leste da Alemanha onde se apresentaria naquela noite.

Insiste na pauta Brasil e questiona de onde falo. Foge ao estereótipo clássico da estrela gringa que possui uma visão simplista daqui. “Sou obcecado pela ideia de estar com vocês. As pessoas são felizes, apesar de tudo. Sei que não é fácil e que não é seguro em qualquer lugar, em um segundo as coisas se tornam perigosas, mas você se sente vivo aí”, explica. “Odeio quando tudo é muito certinho”. Um bom exemplo do que foi dito é “Ice Cream”, um de seus singles mais recentes. No clipe da canção, marcada por um duplo sentido até que comportado, o cantor conduz um carrinho de sorvetes enquanto dança pelas ruas da cidade. No papel do vendedor de doces, torna o verão a mais deliciosa das estações. 

Em 2010, quando tocou aqui pela última vez, ele já era uma sensação. Fez aproximadamente 20 mil pessoas pularem feito pipoca ao abrir seu set com “Relax (Take it Easy)”, na terceira edição do extinto Festival Planeta Terra. Hoje, mais maduro, o artista retorna na primeira semana de abril para aquela que será sua primeira turnê na América Latina em uma década. No Brasil serão três shows: dois em São Paulo, como parte do Festival Lollapalooza, e outro no Rio de Janeiro, no Circo Voador. Conta que está feliz e que o retorno só aconteceu depois que sua equipe foi renovada. “É muito louco quando penso como isso se desenrolou. Eu disse a eles ‘Estou fazendo mudanças aqui e quero uma nova equipe. Quero mais América do Sul, quero Brasil, quero festivais lá. Deem um jeito de conseguir isso’”.

E funcionou. Exatas cinco semanas depois chegaram convites para tocar nas edições brasileira, argentina e chilena do evento. “Tenho zero expectativas para o que vou encontrar aí agora”, diz rindo. “Esta é a regra para fazer o que eu faço. O show geralmente se adapta conforme o que vejo diante de mim. Se a vibração pede algo mais extravagante, mais suado, ou mesmo mais canções… tudo fica mais bonito. Então por que não fazer isso?”. Seu negócio é mesmo surpreender. À frente do The Voice França e do The X-Factor Italia como técnico ele não só ensinou jovens talentos a alcançarem suas mais belas notas musicais, como também reforçou sua habilidade com as línguas.

Além do francês, que arrisco em alguns momentos da entrevista e sou prontamente respondido, ele também fala (e canta) em inglês e italiano. Lembro de uma publicação feita em seu perfil no Instagram no fim do ano passado em que interagia com uma assistente durante uma visita ao México. Mika falava um espanhol quase perfeito – a deixa para saber: não sente vontade de cantar em português também? “Estive trabalhando em um projeto com a Mariza, uma cantora portuguesa de fado. Você a conhece? Estávamos pensando em fazer um mix de canções em português, francês e inglês. O seu idioma é uma língua linda para se cantar, acho que não teria dificuldade. Acho bem próximo do italiano, gosto da ideia.”

Tiny Love

Se quando lançou seu álbum de estreia, “Life in Cartoon Motion” (2007) Mika cantava temas centrados na busca da própria identidade, bem como traçava paralelos entre si mesmo e as figuras de Freddie Mercury e Grace Kelly (princesa de Mônaco que lhe rendeu o título de seu maior hit), hoje as coisas fluem em uma frequência bem diferente. Desde que se assumiu gay em 2012, ele diz estar mais confortável consigo mesmo – ao ponto de dar ao seu novo disco o nome “My Name is Michael Holbrook”. É isto o que consta em seus documentos.

A nova safra de canções é deliciosa. Seus versos, que continuam sendo agridoces, fazem dançar na mesma proporção em que tocam o coração. Falam sobre ciúmes e o desabrochar das paixões. Narram a dor do fim, mas sem se esquecer da simplicidade se se encontrar e viver um grande amor. “Tiny Love”, a canção mais atrevida do disco, é um bom exemplo disso. Além de uma letra que passeia pelos jardins do Central Park, sua estrutura, sem nenhum exagero, acena para a ousadia da clássica “Bohemian Rhapsody”, do Queen. Mika não tem medo de apostar.

Entre o gozo e as lágrimas que cercam este ofício de contador de histórias, “My Name is Michael Holbrook” parece ser seu trabalho mais pessoal até então. Comento isso e Mika discorda.

“Eu diria que é o mais libertador. Minha única regra quando comecei a trabalhar nestas músicas era transformá-las em algo que fosse livre, completamente sem vergonha. Tentei ser fiel a mim mesmo ao máximo e quando delimitei o que gostaria de falar os temas acabaram se mostrando mais pessoais. Precisei me sentir mais seguro para ir mais a fundo em mim mesmo”.

Apesar de fazer música para o grande público, seu senso criativo bate de frente com a lógica da indústria.

“Estamos vendo o mercado ser dominado pelo urban e meninas cantando canções escritas por, sei lá, sete pessoas. Os jovens consomem, dançam isso. Não quero repetir a mesma fórmula”, explica.

The Origin of Love

Com o crescimento do repertório fica difícil selecionar o que deixar de fora e o que obrigatoriamente precisar estar no set. Há clássicos como “Grace Kelly”, “Lollipop” e “Origin of Love” que cativam o público logo nos primeiros acordes, mas as novas também têm conquistado seu espaço. “Dear Jealously”, por exemplo, uma canção com base eletrônica e uma letra frenética, fez a plateia do Brooklyn Steel, em Nova York, saltar logo nos shows da turnê. O registro, que oferece uma prévia do que o artista apresenta no Brasil em abril, pode ser conferido no álbum ao vivo “MIKA: Live From Brooklyn Steel”. Nos dois concertos que originaram o material, filmado em setembro de 2019, vê-se uma profusão de cores, alegria e amor.

Afinal, o quão desafiador é colocar balões, cortinas, luzes e instrumentos na estrada? 

“Nem um pouco. Não é porque os fãs precisam desse momento e o querem muito. Estamos circulando há 6 meses e já entendi que este show é um oásis, mas também uma provocação. Eu canto sobre sentimentos e eles precisam ser provocados, você não pode simplesmente dispor coisas soltas no palco e cantar. Acho que é por isso que tenho gostado tanto desta turnê, porque estamos transportando um circo cheio de significados”.

Mas para acompanhar Mika, veja bem, é preciso mais do que se entregar. Haja fôlego! Ele dança sem parar, não desafina um segundo sequer. Toca piano, termina a noite com sua camisa Dior cheia de babados encharcada de suor.

Brinca que não há tempo para interagir. O silêncio, em suas palavras, capta a atenção da plateia.

“Quando estou no palco uso meu corpo e meus pés para me comunicar e isso é incrível porque me dá a ideia de que posso fazê-lo de formas diferentes. As pessoas realmente te ouvem quando você não fala. É a minha revelação”.

A um mês do show que faz em São Paulo, no Cine Joia, os ingressos estão quase esgotados. Já no fim de nossa conversa volto no tempo e penso em quando, ainda adolescente, ouvia suas composições e me reconhecia nelas.

Conto essa história e menciono a importância da representatividade LGBTQ+ na música, lembrando dos milhares de fãs que o esperam no Brasil. Em resposta, Mika agradece e destaca o poder da emoção, uma das ferramentas mais eficazes no que diz respeito à promoção de empatia e resiliência. 

“Há pouco disso por aí e quando buscamos o conceito de comunidade é preciso pensar ainda que elas não existem sem emoção. É o que conecta as pessoas.”

Para ele, precisamos entrar em um consenso sobre o fato de que há muito mais do que um pedido de tolerância envolvido na questão.

“Nós somos uma necessidade e o feito de se permitir empoderar é muito importante nessa luta. Algumas das nossas maiores mentes, pensadores e inventores, eram gays. Somos uma grande fonte de excelência”.

Mika no Brasil

Os ingressos para as apresentações do cantor estão disponíveis por preços que variam entre R$ 120 e R$ 1.400. Os interessados em entradas para os shows de São Paulo no Lolla Parties e no festival Lollapalooza, que acontecem respectivamente nos dias 02 e 04 de abril, podem adquiri-las clicando nos links indicados. Já para aqueles que preferem assisti-lo no Rio, no Circo Voador, é preciso acessar a página do Queremos. Corra!

Spoiler

"My show is an oasis, but also a provocation", says Mika to Papelpop

The climate in Brazil is hungover. Carnival ended just a few days ago and some say that the new year only came into effect now, after Ash Wednesday. Everyone seems to wake up and there is still glitter scattered everywhere. On the floor, on the bodies themselves ... but the colors of this which is our most traditional party, present in costumes and headdresses, are really part of the essence of Brazil. They are always alive in the imagination even of those who see everything from the outside, like Lebanese Mika. When I mention the subject, he promptly says: “I would love to enjoy this in Rio, it is something I have never done before. But if you do it one day you will be dressed up ”.

His interest in the Marvelous City is nothing new. On the album “No Place In Heaven”, released in 2015, there is a song that bears his name. In June 2018 the singer came back, but it was just a nod. He came for a walk, accompanied by friends. There was no alarm. “I like to watch the viaducts there. I am a big fan of [Oscar] Niemeyer and architecture ”. He answers my questions while eating his dessert at a hotel in Luxembourg, a small country located in eastern Germany where he would perform that night.

He insists on the Brazil agenda and questions where I speak from. Escape the classic stereotype of the gringa star who has a simplistic view of here. “I am obsessed with the idea of being with you. People are happy, though. I know that it is not easy and that it is not safe anywhere, in a second things become dangerous, but you feel alive there ”, he explains. "I hate it when everything is just right". A good example of what has been said is "Ice Cream", one of his most recent singles. In the clip of the song, marked by a double meaning until it behaved, the singer drives an ice cream cart while dancing through the streets of the city. As a candy seller, it makes summer the most delicious of the seasons.

In 2010, when he played here for the last time, he was already a sensation. It made approximately 20 thousand people jump like popcorn when opening their set with “Relax (Take it Easy)”, in the third edition of the extinct Festival Planeta Terra. Today, more mature, the artist returns in the first week of April for what will be his first tour in Latin America in a decade. In Brazil there will be three shows: two in São Paulo, as part of the Lollapalooza Festival, and another in Rio de Janeiro, at Circo Voador. He says he is happy and that the return only happened after his team was renewed. “It is very crazy when I think about how it played out. I told them 'I am making changes here and I want a new team. I want more South America, I want Brazil, I want festivals there. Find a way to achieve that ’”.

And it worked. Exactly five weeks later, invitations to play in the Brazilian, Argentine and Chilean editions of the event arrived. “I have zero expectations for what I will find there now,” he says, laughing. “This is the rule for doing what I do. The show usually adapts according to what I see in front of me. If the vibe calls for something more extravagant, more sweaty, or even more songs ... everything is more beautiful. So why not do that? ”. Your business is really surprising. Ahead of The Voice France and The X-Factor Italia as a coach, he not only taught young talents to achieve their most beautiful musical notes, but also reinforced his ability with languages.

In addition to French, which I risk at some points during the interview and I am promptly answered, he also speaks (and sings) in English and Italian. I remember a post made on his Instagram profile at the end of last year in which he interacted with an assistant during a visit to Mexico. Mika spoke almost perfect Spanish - let her know: don't you feel like singing in Portuguese too? “I've been working on a project with Mariza, a Portuguese fado singer. Do you know her? We were thinking about making a mix of songs in Portuguese, French and English. Your language is a beautiful language to sing, I think it would be easy. I think it's very close to the Italian, I like the idea. ”

Tiny Love

If, when he released his debut album, “Life in Cartoon Motion” (2007) Mika sang themes centered on the search for his own identity, as well as drawing parallels between himself and the figures of Freddie Mercury and Grace Kelly (Princess of Monaco who earned him the title of his biggest hit), today things flow at a very different frequency. Since coming out as gay in 2012, he says he is more comfortable with himself - to the point of giving his new record the name “My Name is Michael Holbrook”. This is what appears in your documents.

The new crop of songs is delicious. His verses, which remain bittersweet, make him dance in the same proportion as they touch the heart. They talk about jealousy and the unfolding of passions. They narrate the pain of the end, but without forgetting simplicity if they find and live great love. “Tiny Love”, the most daring song on the album, is a good example of this. In addition to a lyrics that strolls through the gardens of Central Park, its structure, without any exaggeration, beckons to the boldness of Queen's classic “Bohemian Rhapsody”. Mika is not afraid to bet.

Between the enjoyment and the tears that surround this storytelling craft, “My Name is Michael Holbrook” seems to be his most personal work to date. I comment on that and Mika disagrees.
 “I would say that it is the most liberating. My only rule when I started working on these songs was to turn them into something that was free, completely shameless. I tried to be as faithful to myself as possible and when I defined what I wanted to talk about, the themes ended up being more personal. I needed to feel more secure to go deeper into myself ”.
 Despite making music for the general public, his creative sense clashes with the logic of the industry.
“We are seeing the market being dominated by urban and girls singing songs written by, I don't know, seven people. Young people consume, dance it. I don't want to repeat the same formula ”, he explains.

The Origin of Love

With the growth of the repertoire it is difficult to select what to leave out and what must be on the set. There are classics like "Grace Kelly", "Lollipop" and "Origin of Love" that captivate the audience right from the first chords, but the new ones have also conquered their space. “Dear Jealously,” for example, an electronically based song and a frantic lyrics, made the Brooklyn Steel audience in New York jump right off the tour. The record, which offers a preview of what the artist presents in Brazil in April, can be seen on the live album “MIKA: Live From Brooklyn Steel”. In the two concerts that originated the material, filmed in September 2019, there is a profusion of colors, joy and love.

After all, how challenging is it to place balloons, curtains, lights and instruments on the road?
"Not even a little. It is not because the fans need this moment and want it so much. We have been circulating for 6 months and I already understood that this show is an oasis, but also a provocation. I sing about feelings and they need to be provoked, you can't just put loose things on stage and sing. I think that is why I have enjoyed this tour so much, because we are transporting a circus full of meanings ”.
But to accompany Mika, you see, it takes more than giving yourself up. Let there be breath! He dances non-stop, he doesn't tune a second. He plays the piano, ends the night with his ruffled Dior shirt soaked in sweat.

He jokes that there is no time to interact. The silence, in his words, captures the audience's attention.
“When I'm on stage, I use my body and my feet to communicate and that's incredible because it gives me the idea that I can do it in different ways. People really listen to you when you don't speak. It is my revelation ”.
A month from the show he does in São Paulo, at Cine Joia, tickets are almost sold out. At the end of our conversation, I go back in time and think about when, as a teenager, I heard his compositions and recognized myself in them.

I tell this story and mention the importance of LGBTQ + representation in music, remembering the thousands of fans who are waiting for him in Brazil. In response, Mika thanks and highlights the power of emotion, one of the most effective tools when it comes to promoting empathy and resilience.
 “There is little of that out there and when we look for the concept of community it is necessary to think that they do not exist without emotion. It is what connects people. ”
 For him, we need to come to a consensus on the fact that there is much more than a request for tolerance involved in the issue.
“We are a necessity and the fact of allowing ourselves to be empowered is very important in this fight. Some of our greatest minds, thinkers and inventors, were gay. We are a great source of excellence ”.

Mika in Brazil

Tickets for the singer's performances are available for prices ranging between R $ 120 and R $ 1,400. Those interested in tickets to São Paulo's shows at Lolla Parties and at the Lollapalooza festival, which take place on April 2nd and 4th, respectively, can purchase them by clicking on the links indicated. For those who prefer to watch it in Rio, at Circo Voador, you must access the Queremos page. Run!

mika1.thumb.jpg.9c9282fb354c2a10355e2f10bd8bbbd0.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

Yes, all Lollapalooza editions in Latin America were postponed to the second semester according to the organizations of the festivals (and Mika himself in his Instagram live confirmed the postponing of SA gigs)

Edited by BiaIchihara
  • Thanks 1

On 3/12/2020 at 12:12 PM, Kumazzz said:

Papel Pop.com

“Meu show é um oásis, mas também uma provocação”, diz Mika ao Papelpop

O clima no Brasil é de ressaca. O Carnaval acabou há poucos dias e há quem diga que o ano novo só se fez valer agora, após a quarta-feira de cinzas. Todos parecem despertar e ainda há glitter espalhado por todas as partes. No chão, nos próprios corpos… mas as cores dessa que é a nossa festa mais tradicional, presentes em fantasias e adornos de cabeça, fazem parte mesmo é da essência do Brasil. Estão sempre vivas no imaginário até de quem enxerga tudo de fora, como o libanês Mika. Quando toco no assunto ele prontamente diz: “Eu adoraria curtir isso no Rio, é algo que nunca fiz antes. Mas se o fizer um dia será fantasiado”.

Seu interesse pela Cidade Maravilhosa não é novidade. No disco “No Place In Heaven”, lançado em 2015, há uma canção que leva seu nome. Em junho de 2018 o cantor chegou a voltar, mas foi apenas um aceno. Veio a passeio, acompanhado por amigos. Não fez alarme. “Gosto de observar os viadutos daí. Sou um grande fã de [Oscar] Niemeyer e de arquitetura”. Ele responde minhas perguntas enquanto come sua sobremesa em um hotel de Luxemburgo, um pequeno país localizado ao leste da Alemanha onde se apresentaria naquela noite.

Insiste na pauta Brasil e questiona de onde falo. Foge ao estereótipo clássico da estrela gringa que possui uma visão simplista daqui. “Sou obcecado pela ideia de estar com vocês. As pessoas são felizes, apesar de tudo. Sei que não é fácil e que não é seguro em qualquer lugar, em um segundo as coisas se tornam perigosas, mas você se sente vivo aí”, explica. “Odeio quando tudo é muito certinho”. Um bom exemplo do que foi dito é “Ice Cream”, um de seus singles mais recentes. No clipe da canção, marcada por um duplo sentido até que comportado, o cantor conduz um carrinho de sorvetes enquanto dança pelas ruas da cidade. No papel do vendedor de doces, torna o verão a mais deliciosa das estações. 

Em 2010, quando tocou aqui pela última vez, ele já era uma sensação. Fez aproximadamente 20 mil pessoas pularem feito pipoca ao abrir seu set com “Relax (Take it Easy)”, na terceira edição do extinto Festival Planeta Terra. Hoje, mais maduro, o artista retorna na primeira semana de abril para aquela que será sua primeira turnê na América Latina em uma década. No Brasil serão três shows: dois em São Paulo, como parte do Festival Lollapalooza, e outro no Rio de Janeiro, no Circo Voador. Conta que está feliz e que o retorno só aconteceu depois que sua equipe foi renovada. “É muito louco quando penso como isso se desenrolou. Eu disse a eles ‘Estou fazendo mudanças aqui e quero uma nova equipe. Quero mais América do Sul, quero Brasil, quero festivais lá. Deem um jeito de conseguir isso’”.

E funcionou. Exatas cinco semanas depois chegaram convites para tocar nas edições brasileira, argentina e chilena do evento. “Tenho zero expectativas para o que vou encontrar aí agora”, diz rindo. “Esta é a regra para fazer o que eu faço. O show geralmente se adapta conforme o que vejo diante de mim. Se a vibração pede algo mais extravagante, mais suado, ou mesmo mais canções… tudo fica mais bonito. Então por que não fazer isso?”. Seu negócio é mesmo surpreender. À frente do The Voice França e do The X-Factor Italia como técnico ele não só ensinou jovens talentos a alcançarem suas mais belas notas musicais, como também reforçou sua habilidade com as línguas.

Além do francês, que arrisco em alguns momentos da entrevista e sou prontamente respondido, ele também fala (e canta) em inglês e italiano. Lembro de uma publicação feita em seu perfil no Instagram no fim do ano passado em que interagia com uma assistente durante uma visita ao México. Mika falava um espanhol quase perfeito – a deixa para saber: não sente vontade de cantar em português também? “Estive trabalhando em um projeto com a Mariza, uma cantora portuguesa de fado. Você a conhece? Estávamos pensando em fazer um mix de canções em português, francês e inglês. O seu idioma é uma língua linda para se cantar, acho que não teria dificuldade. Acho bem próximo do italiano, gosto da ideia.”

Tiny Love

Se quando lançou seu álbum de estreia, “Life in Cartoon Motion” (2007) Mika cantava temas centrados na busca da própria identidade, bem como traçava paralelos entre si mesmo e as figuras de Freddie Mercury e Grace Kelly (princesa de Mônaco que lhe rendeu o título de seu maior hit), hoje as coisas fluem em uma frequência bem diferente. Desde que se assumiu gay em 2012, ele diz estar mais confortável consigo mesmo – ao ponto de dar ao seu novo disco o nome “My Name is Michael Holbrook”. É isto o que consta em seus documentos.

A nova safra de canções é deliciosa. Seus versos, que continuam sendo agridoces, fazem dançar na mesma proporção em que tocam o coração. Falam sobre ciúmes e o desabrochar das paixões. Narram a dor do fim, mas sem se esquecer da simplicidade se se encontrar e viver um grande amor. “Tiny Love”, a canção mais atrevida do disco, é um bom exemplo disso. Além de uma letra que passeia pelos jardins do Central Park, sua estrutura, sem nenhum exagero, acena para a ousadia da clássica “Bohemian Rhapsody”, do Queen. Mika não tem medo de apostar.

Entre o gozo e as lágrimas que cercam este ofício de contador de histórias, “My Name is Michael Holbrook” parece ser seu trabalho mais pessoal até então. Comento isso e Mika discorda.

“Eu diria que é o mais libertador. Minha única regra quando comecei a trabalhar nestas músicas era transformá-las em algo que fosse livre, completamente sem vergonha. Tentei ser fiel a mim mesmo ao máximo e quando delimitei o que gostaria de falar os temas acabaram se mostrando mais pessoais. Precisei me sentir mais seguro para ir mais a fundo em mim mesmo”.

Apesar de fazer música para o grande público, seu senso criativo bate de frente com a lógica da indústria.

“Estamos vendo o mercado ser dominado pelo urban e meninas cantando canções escritas por, sei lá, sete pessoas. Os jovens consomem, dançam isso. Não quero repetir a mesma fórmula”, explica.

The Origin of Love

Com o crescimento do repertório fica difícil selecionar o que deixar de fora e o que obrigatoriamente precisar estar no set. Há clássicos como “Grace Kelly”, “Lollipop” e “Origin of Love” que cativam o público logo nos primeiros acordes, mas as novas também têm conquistado seu espaço. “Dear Jealously”, por exemplo, uma canção com base eletrônica e uma letra frenética, fez a plateia do Brooklyn Steel, em Nova York, saltar logo nos shows da turnê. O registro, que oferece uma prévia do que o artista apresenta no Brasil em abril, pode ser conferido no álbum ao vivo “MIKA: Live From Brooklyn Steel”. Nos dois concertos que originaram o material, filmado em setembro de 2019, vê-se uma profusão de cores, alegria e amor.

Afinal, o quão desafiador é colocar balões, cortinas, luzes e instrumentos na estrada? 

“Nem um pouco. Não é porque os fãs precisam desse momento e o querem muito. Estamos circulando há 6 meses e já entendi que este show é um oásis, mas também uma provocação. Eu canto sobre sentimentos e eles precisam ser provocados, você não pode simplesmente dispor coisas soltas no palco e cantar. Acho que é por isso que tenho gostado tanto desta turnê, porque estamos transportando um circo cheio de significados”.

Mas para acompanhar Mika, veja bem, é preciso mais do que se entregar. Haja fôlego! Ele dança sem parar, não desafina um segundo sequer. Toca piano, termina a noite com sua camisa Dior cheia de babados encharcada de suor.

Brinca que não há tempo para interagir. O silêncio, em suas palavras, capta a atenção da plateia.

“Quando estou no palco uso meu corpo e meus pés para me comunicar e isso é incrível porque me dá a ideia de que posso fazê-lo de formas diferentes. As pessoas realmente te ouvem quando você não fala. É a minha revelação”.

A um mês do show que faz em São Paulo, no Cine Joia, os ingressos estão quase esgotados. Já no fim de nossa conversa volto no tempo e penso em quando, ainda adolescente, ouvia suas composições e me reconhecia nelas.

Conto essa história e menciono a importância da representatividade LGBTQ+ na música, lembrando dos milhares de fãs que o esperam no Brasil. Em resposta, Mika agradece e destaca o poder da emoção, uma das ferramentas mais eficazes no que diz respeito à promoção de empatia e resiliência. 

“Há pouco disso por aí e quando buscamos o conceito de comunidade é preciso pensar ainda que elas não existem sem emoção. É o que conecta as pessoas.”

Para ele, precisamos entrar em um consenso sobre o fato de que há muito mais do que um pedido de tolerância envolvido na questão.

“Nós somos uma necessidade e o feito de se permitir empoderar é muito importante nessa luta. Algumas das nossas maiores mentes, pensadores e inventores, eram gays. Somos uma grande fonte de excelência”.

Mika no Brasil

Os ingressos para as apresentações do cantor estão disponíveis por preços que variam entre R$ 120 e R$ 1.400. Os interessados em entradas para os shows de São Paulo no Lolla Parties e no festival Lollapalooza, que acontecem respectivamente nos dias 02 e 04 de abril, podem adquiri-las clicando nos links indicados. Já para aqueles que preferem assisti-lo no Rio, no Circo Voador, é preciso acessar a página do Queremos. Corra!

Reveal hidden contents

"My show is an oasis, but also a provocation", says Mika to Papelpop

The climate in Brazil is hungover. Carnival ended just a few days ago and some say that the new year only came into effect now, after Ash Wednesday. Everyone seems to wake up and there is still glitter scattered everywhere. On the floor, on the bodies themselves ... but the colors of this which is our most traditional party, present in costumes and headdresses, are really part of the essence of Brazil. They are always alive in the imagination even of those who see everything from the outside, like Lebanese Mika. When I mention the subject, he promptly says: “I would love to enjoy this in Rio, it is something I have never done before. But if you do it one day you will be dressed up ”.

His interest in the Marvelous City is nothing new. On the album “No Place In Heaven”, released in 2015, there is a song that bears his name. In June 2018 the singer came back, but it was just a nod. He came for a walk, accompanied by friends. There was no alarm. “I like to watch the viaducts there. I am a big fan of [Oscar] Niemeyer and architecture ”. He answers my questions while eating his dessert at a hotel in Luxembourg, a small country located in eastern Germany where he would perform that night.

He insists on the Brazil agenda and questions where I speak from. Escape the classic stereotype of the gringa star who has a simplistic view of here. “I am obsessed with the idea of being with you. People are happy, though. I know that it is not easy and that it is not safe anywhere, in a second things become dangerous, but you feel alive there ”, he explains. "I hate it when everything is just right". A good example of what has been said is "Ice Cream", one of his most recent singles. In the clip of the song, marked by a double meaning until it behaved, the singer drives an ice cream cart while dancing through the streets of the city. As a candy seller, it makes summer the most delicious of the seasons.

In 2010, when he played here for the last time, he was already a sensation. It made approximately 20 thousand people jump like popcorn when opening their set with “Relax (Take it Easy)”, in the third edition of the extinct Festival Planeta Terra. Today, more mature, the artist returns in the first week of April for what will be his first tour in Latin America in a decade. In Brazil there will be three shows: two in São Paulo, as part of the Lollapalooza Festival, and another in Rio de Janeiro, at Circo Voador. He says he is happy and that the return only happened after his team was renewed. “It is very crazy when I think about how it played out. I told them 'I am making changes here and I want a new team. I want more South America, I want Brazil, I want festivals there. Find a way to achieve that ’”.

And it worked. Exactly five weeks later, invitations to play in the Brazilian, Argentine and Chilean editions of the event arrived. “I have zero expectations for what I will find there now,” he says, laughing. “This is the rule for doing what I do. The show usually adapts according to what I see in front of me. If the vibe calls for something more extravagant, more sweaty, or even more songs ... everything is more beautiful. So why not do that? ”. Your business is really surprising. Ahead of The Voice France and The X-Factor Italia as a coach, he not only taught young talents to achieve their most beautiful musical notes, but also reinforced his ability with languages.

In addition to French, which I risk at some points during the interview and I am promptly answered, he also speaks (and sings) in English and Italian. I remember a post made on his Instagram profile at the end of last year in which he interacted with an assistant during a visit to Mexico. Mika spoke almost perfect Spanish - let her know: don't you feel like singing in Portuguese too? “I've been working on a project with Mariza, a Portuguese fado singer. Do you know her? We were thinking about making a mix of songs in Portuguese, French and English. Your language is a beautiful language to sing, I think it would be easy. I think it's very close to the Italian, I like the idea. ”

Tiny Love

If, when he released his debut album, “Life in Cartoon Motion” (2007) Mika sang themes centered on the search for his own identity, as well as drawing parallels between himself and the figures of Freddie Mercury and Grace Kelly (Princess of Monaco who earned him the title of his biggest hit), today things flow at a very different frequency. Since coming out as gay in 2012, he says he is more comfortable with himself - to the point of giving his new record the name “My Name is Michael Holbrook”. This is what appears in your documents.

The new crop of songs is delicious. His verses, which remain bittersweet, make him dance in the same proportion as they touch the heart. They talk about jealousy and the unfolding of passions. They narrate the pain of the end, but without forgetting simplicity if they find and live great love. “Tiny Love”, the most daring song on the album, is a good example of this. In addition to a lyrics that strolls through the gardens of Central Park, its structure, without any exaggeration, beckons to the boldness of Queen's classic “Bohemian Rhapsody”. Mika is not afraid to bet.

Between the enjoyment and the tears that surround this storytelling craft, “My Name is Michael Holbrook” seems to be his most personal work to date. I comment on that and Mika disagrees.
 “I would say that it is the most liberating. My only rule when I started working on these songs was to turn them into something that was free, completely shameless. I tried to be as faithful to myself as possible and when I defined what I wanted to talk about, the themes ended up being more personal. I needed to feel more secure to go deeper into myself ”.
 Despite making music for the general public, his creative sense clashes with the logic of the industry.
“We are seeing the market being dominated by urban and girls singing songs written by, I don't know, seven people. Young people consume, dance it. I don't want to repeat the same formula ”, he explains.

The Origin of Love

With the growth of the repertoire it is difficult to select what to leave out and what must be on the set. There are classics like "Grace Kelly", "Lollipop" and "Origin of Love" that captivate the audience right from the first chords, but the new ones have also conquered their space. “Dear Jealously,” for example, an electronically based song and a frantic lyrics, made the Brooklyn Steel audience in New York jump right off the tour. The record, which offers a preview of what the artist presents in Brazil in April, can be seen on the live album “MIKA: Live From Brooklyn Steel”. In the two concerts that originated the material, filmed in September 2019, there is a profusion of colors, joy and love.

After all, how challenging is it to place balloons, curtains, lights and instruments on the road?
"Not even a little. It is not because the fans need this moment and want it so much. We have been circulating for 6 months and I already understood that this show is an oasis, but also a provocation. I sing about feelings and they need to be provoked, you can't just put loose things on stage and sing. I think that is why I have enjoyed this tour so much, because we are transporting a circus full of meanings ”.
But to accompany Mika, you see, it takes more than giving yourself up. Let there be breath! He dances non-stop, he doesn't tune a second. He plays the piano, ends the night with his ruffled Dior shirt soaked in sweat.

He jokes that there is no time to interact. The silence, in his words, captures the audience's attention.
“When I'm on stage, I use my body and my feet to communicate and that's incredible because it gives me the idea that I can do it in different ways. People really listen to you when you don't speak. It is my revelation ”.
A month from the show he does in São Paulo, at Cine Joia, tickets are almost sold out. At the end of our conversation, I go back in time and think about when, as a teenager, I heard his compositions and recognized myself in them.

I tell this story and mention the importance of LGBTQ + representation in music, remembering the thousands of fans who are waiting for him in Brazil. In response, Mika thanks and highlights the power of emotion, one of the most effective tools when it comes to promoting empathy and resilience.
 “There is little of that out there and when we look for the concept of community it is necessary to think that they do not exist without emotion. It is what connects people. ”
 For him, we need to come to a consensus on the fact that there is much more than a request for tolerance involved in the issue.
“We are a necessity and the fact of allowing ourselves to be empowered is very important in this fight. Some of our greatest minds, thinkers and inventors, were gay. We are a great source of excellence ”.

Mika in Brazil

Tickets for the singer's performances are available for prices ranging between R $ 120 and R $ 1,400. Those interested in tickets to São Paulo's shows at Lolla Parties and at the Lollapalooza festival, which take place on April 2nd and 4th, respectively, can purchase them by clicking on the links indicated. For those who prefer to watch it in Rio, at Circo Voador, you must access the Queremos page. Run!

mika1.thumb.jpg.9c9282fb354c2a10355e2f10bd8bbbd0.jpg

Translation

''My show is an oasis, but also a provocation'', says Mika to Papelpop

The climate in Brazil is hungover. Carnival ended just a few days ago and some say that the New Year only came into effect now, after Ashes Wednesday. Everyone seems to wake up and there is still glitter scattered everywhere. On the floor, on their bodies themselves... but the colors of this which is our most traditional party, present in costumes and headdresses, are really part of the essence of Brazil. They are always alive in the imagination even of those who see everything from the outside, like Lebanese Mika. When I mention the subject, he promptly says: ''I would love to enjoy this in Rio, it's something I have never done before. But if I do it one day it will be dressed up.''

His interest in the Marvelous City is nothing new. On the album ''No Place In Heaven'', released in 2015, there is a song that bears its name. In June 2018 the singer came back, but it was just a nod. He came for a walk, accompanied by friends. There was no alarm. ''I like to watch the viaducts there. I am a big fan of [Oscar] Niemeyer and architecture.'' He answers my questions while eating his dessert at a hotel in Luxembourg, a small country located to the east of Germany where he would perform that night.

He insists on the Brazil agenda and questions where I speak from. Escape the classic stereotype of the gringa star who has a simplistic view of here. ''I am obsessed with the idea of being with you. People are happy, though. I know that it's not easy and that it's not safe anywhere, in a second things become dangerous, but you feel alive there'', he explains. ''I hate it when everything is just right.'' A good example of what has been said is ''Ice Cream'', one of his most recent singles. In the clip of the song, marked by a quite behaved double meaning, the singer drives an ice cream van while dancing through the streets of the city. As a candy seller, it makes summer the most delicious of the seasons.

In 2010, when he played here for the last time, he was already a sensation. He made approximately 20 thousand people jump like popcorn when opening his set with ''Relax (Take It Easy)'', in the third edition of the extinct Festival Planeta Terra. Today, more mature, the artist returns in the first week of April for what will be his first tour in Latin America in a decade. In Brazil there will be three shows: two in São Paulo, as part of the Lollapalooza Festival, and another in Rio de Janeiro, at Circo Voador. He says he is happy and that the return only happened after his team was renewed. ''It is very crazy when I think about how it played out. I told them 'I am making changes here and I want a new team. I want more South America, I want Brazil, I want festivals there. Find a way to achieve that.'''

And it worked. Exactly five weeks later, invitations to play in the Brazilian, Argentine and Chilean editions of the event arrived. ''I have zero expectations for what I will find there now'', he says, laughing. ''This is the rule for doing what I do. The show usually adapts itself according to what I see in front of me. If the vibe calls for something more extravagant, more sweaty, or even more songs... everything is more beautiful. So why not do that?''. His business is really surprising. Ahead of The Voice France and The X-Factor Italia as a coach, he not only taught young talents to achieve their most beautiful musical notes, but also reinforced his ability with languages.

In addition to French, which I risk at some points during the interview and I am promptly answered, he also speaks (and sings) in English and Italian. I remember a post made on his Instagram profile at the end of last year in which he interacted with an assistant during a visit to Mexico. Mika spoke almost perfect Spanish - the opportunity to know: don't you feel like singing in Portuguese too? ''I've been working on a project with Mariza, a Portuguese fado singer. Do you know her? We were thinking about making a mix of songs in Portuguese, French and English. Your language is a beautiful language to sing, I think it would be easy. I think it's very close to the Italian, I like the idea.''

If, when he released his debut album, ''Life in Cartoon Motion'' (2007) Mika sang themes centered on the search for his own identity, as well as drawing parallels between himself and the figures of Freddie Mercury and Grace Kelly (Princess of Monaco who earned him the title of his biggest hit), today things flow at a very different frequency. Since coming out as gay in 2012, he says he is more comfortable with himself - to the point of giving his new record the name ''My Name is Michael Holbrook''. This is what appears in your documents.

The new crop of songs is delicious. His verses, which remain bittersweet, make us to dance in the same proportion as they touch the heart. They talk about jealousy and the unfolding of passions. They narrate the pain of the end, but without forgetting simplicity of finding and living a great love. ''Tiny Love'', the most daring song on the album, is a good example of this. In addition to the lyrics that strolls through the gardens of Central Park, its structure, without any exaggeration, beckons to the boldness of Queen's classic ''Bohemian Rhapsody''. Mika is not afraid to bet.

Between the enjoyment and the tears that surround this storytelling craft, ''My Name is Michael Holbrook'' seems to be his most personal work to date. I comment on that and Mika disagrees. ''I would say that it's the most liberating. My only rule when I started working on these songs was to turn them into something that was free, completely shameless. I tried to be as faithful to myself as possible and when I defined what I wanted to talk about, the themes ended up being more personal. I needed to feel more secure to go deeper into myself.'' Despite making music for the general public, his creative sense clashes with the logic of the industry. ''We are seeing the market being dominated by urban and girls singing songs written by, I don't know, seven people. Young people consume, dance it. I don't want to repeat the same formula'', he explains.

With the growth of the repertoire it's difficult to select what to leave out and what must be on the set. There are classics like ''Grace Kelly'', ''Lollipop'' and ''Origin Of Love'' that captivate the audience right from the first chords, but the new ones have also conquered their space. ''Dear Jealously'', for example, an electronically based song and of frantic lyrics, made the Brooklyn Steel audience in New York jump right off the tour. The record, which offers a preview of what the artist presents to Brazil in April, can be seen on the live album ''MIKA: Live From Brooklyn Steel''. In the two concerts that originated the material, filmed in September 2019, there is a profusion of colors, joy and love.

After all, how challenging is it to place balloons, curtains, lights and instruments on the road? ''Not even a little. It's not because the fans need this moment and want it so much. We have been circulating for 6 months and I already understood that this show is an oasis, but also a provocation. I sing about feelings and they need to be provoked, you can't just put loose things on stage and sing. I think that is why I have enjoyed this tour so much, because we are transporting a circus full of meanings.'' But to accompany Mika, you see, it takes more than giving yourself up. Let there be breath! He dances non-stop, he doesn't tune off a second. He plays the piano, ends the night with his ruffled Dior shirt soaked in sweat.

He jokes that there is no time to interact. The silence, in his words, captures the audience's attention. ''When I'm on stage, I use my body and my feet to communicate and that's incredible because it gives me the idea that I can do it in different ways. People really listen to you when you don't speak. It is my revelation.'' A month from the show he does in São Paulo, at Cine Jóia, tickets are almost sold out. At the end of our conversation, I go back in time and think about when, as a teenager, I heard his compositions and recognized myself in them.

I tell this story and mention the importance of LGBTQ+ representation in music, remembering the thousands of fans who are waiting for him in Brazil. In response, Mika thanks and highlights the power of emotion, one of the most effective tools when it comes to promoting empathy and resilience. ''There is little of that out there and when we look for the concept of community it's necessary to think that they don't exist without emotion. It's what connects people.'' For him, we need to come to a consensus on the fact that there is much more than a request for tolerance involved in the issue. ''We are a necessity and the fact of allowing ourselves to be empowered is very important in this fight. Some of our greatest minds, thinkers and inventors, were gay. We are a great source of excellence.''

Mika in Brazil
Tickets for the singer's performances are available for prices ranging between R$ 120 and R$ 1,400. Those interested in tickets to São Paulo's shows at Lolla Parties and Lollapalooza festival, which take place on April 2nd and 4th, respectively, can purchase them by clicking on the indicated links. For those who prefer to watch him in Rio, at Circo Voador, you must access the Queremos page. Run!

Edited by BiaIchihara
  • Like 1

Pure Break.com.br

12/03/2020

Lollapalooza Brasil é adiado por conta do coronavírus e produção estuda novas datas, segundo jornal

Segundo o jornal Folha de Paulo, o Lollapalooza Brasil será adiado devido ao surto de coronavírus. A produtora Time For Fun fez um comunicado apenas para os patrocinadores sobre o cancelamento e estudo de novas datas. Na Argentina e no Chile, o evento já foi oficialmente cancelado. Saiba mais detalhes.

Depois de anunciar a grade de horários dos shows, a organização do Lollapalooza Brasil estuda novas datas para a realização do evento. Segundo a Folha de São Paulo, o motivo do cancelamento por hora é o surto de coronavírus no mundo. A COVID-19 já é considerada uma pandemia pela Organização Mundial da Saúde e lugares aglomerados são propícios para a disseminação do vírus.

Festival deve acontecer ainda este ano

O anúncio oficial ainda não foi feito. No entanto, ainda de acordo com o jornal, a produtora Time for Fun diz em comunicado aos patrocinadores: "Trabalhamos em estreita colaboração com autoridades locais e podemos dizer que estamos trabalhando em datas alternativas para a realização ainda neste ano".

Durante uma live, nesta quinta (12), o cantor libanês Mika, uma das atrações, pediu desculpas aos fãs da América do Sul por cancelar sua vinda ao festival. "Estou desapontado porque trabalhei nesse show por mais de um ano", lamentou.

"Vamos nos organizar e dar um jeito nisso! China, América do Sul, Coachella... todas essas coisas são muito importantes pra mim", concluiu Mika.

Edições do Lollapalooza na Argentina e no Chile são canceladas

Nesta quinta (12), as edições do Lollapalooza que ocorre na Argentina e no Chile foram oficialmente canceladas. O festival aconteceria dos dias 27 a 30 de março.

No Brasil, o evento está marcado para os dias 3, 4 e 5 de abril, no Autódromo do Interlagos, em São Paulo. Lana Del Rey, Travis Scott, Guns N' Roses, Rita Ora e Emicida são algumas das atrações.

Lollapalooza Brasil is postponed due to the coronavirus and production studies new dates, according to newspaper

According to the Folha de Paulo newspaper, Lollapalooza Brasil will be delayed due to the coronavirus outbreak. The producer Time For Fun made a statement only to the sponsors about the cancellation and study of new dates. In Argentina and Chile, the event has already been officially canceled. Find out more details.

After announcing the schedule of shows, the organization of Lollapalooza Brasil is studying new dates for the event. According to Folha de São Paulo, the reason for the hourly cancellation is the outbreak of coronavirus in the world. COVID-19 is already considered a pandemic by the World Health Organization and crowded places are conducive to the spread of the virus.

Festival should take place later this year

The official announcement has not yet been made. However, according to the newspaper, the producer Time for Fun says in a statement to the sponsors: "We work closely with local authorities and we can say that we are working on alternative dates for the realization this year".

During a live, this Thursday (12), the Lebanese singer Mika, one of the attractions, apologized to fans in South America for canceling his visit to the festival. "I am disappointed because I worked on this show for over a year," he lamented. "Let's get organized and fix this! China, South America, Coachella ... all these things are very important to me", concluded Mika.

Editions of Lollapalooza in Argentina and Chile are canceled

This Thursday (12), the editions of Lollapalooza that takes place in Argentina and Chile were officially canceled. The festival would take place from March 27 to 30.

In Brazil, the event is scheduled for the 3rd, 4th and 5th of April, at the Autódromo do Interlagos, in São Paulo. Lana Del Rey, Travis Scott, Guns N 'Roses, Rita Ora and Emicida are some of the attractions.

359356-lollapalooza-cantor-libanes-mika-lament-4000x0-1.thumb.jpg.dd3b69eea01394ce53eaf38582a03f76.jpg