Official Revelation Tour Merch Items 2019 - 2020

Kumazzz

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

When the Mikasounds shop updated in December with the current stock, did anyone else buy anything straight away and if so have you got your order yet? I did and it did say products would be ready to dispatch in 5 weeks. It's now over 5 weeks and I haven't had any dispatch notice yet. Should I wait another week or send an email now?

i ordered a few things from the shop in late December or so, and it said they'd dispatch it in 6 weeks. i haven't heard anything since :( I wonder what the big hold up is?!

Edited by kreacher

This may interest other people who have bought from the Mikasounds shop. I sent an email asking about my order because it has now been over the 5/6 week time period in which they said items would be delivered. I got a response fairly quickly saying that one item within my order has been delayed in production. I was not told which item this is. I ordered everything apart from the album. Now this got me thinking about one thing: corona virus in China. Many factories are on lock down because of the virus and the extended holidays. I have friends who make their own merch so I asked around about production from China and 'a back to work' date from two different people is 10 March. I'm personally going to wait until then before asking for another update regarding my order. For anyone else who has bought from the shop you can change your order, address or cancel only up until dispatch. Once dispatched you can not change your order. 

• Like 1

I ordered the badge set only and emailed a couple of weeks ago asking what the hold up was. I got a reply within 5 minutes telling me that they hadn't arrived to them yet and didn't know when they'd be able to get hold of the stock yet.

I wouldn't surprised if it is a Corona virus thing. I don't know if it's just affecting the pin badges as I've been to a few shows the past few weeks and everything was for sale except for the badges. I'm an illustrator and get my own stock from China and know from my supplier that the factories are currently in lock down and they have to be checked and approved by the Chinese government before they can reopen and begin working on stuff again.

Edited by dodgyholiday

Online shop update - These items are currently out of stock/sold out:

Black Moon t-shirt

Revelation Tour t-shirt

Revelation Tour Lithograph

Revelation Tour badge set

Revelation Tour tote bag

Still haven't heard anything else regarding my order, I think the production delay is most likely the badge set. 

*EDIT*

Revelation Tour hoodie and Solar system t-shirt are now both sold out!

Edited by TinyLove_CJ
Sold out items.
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2020 at 1:09 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

When the Mikasounds shop updated in December with the current stock, did anyone else buy anything straight away and if so have you got your order yet? I did and it did say products would be ready to dispatch in 5 weeks. It's now over 5 weeks and I haven't had any dispatch notice yet. Should I wait another week or send an email now?

Have you got anything yet?

We had the same; the Paris concert ran out of S t-shirts (most of those in the queue wanted S and they could have sold many more than they had stocked) so we bought on the online shop.

However, we have had information about it being sent. 7 weeks later and a card through the door saying we had to pay customs duty!

The T shirt was $35 and ended up being $42 with postage, £32 in total which was fine. However, with customs (and the excessive fee Royal Mail charges for collecting this) the total is nearly £47. I realised that the store was probably US based because of the $ prices, but hadn't realised that the t-shirt was also sent from there. I have told the Mika Store that they ought to be distributing from Europe for European customers.

Moral of the story - buy your t-shirt on the way in to the concert, unless you need XL or bigger (because they had loads of them left! Who did the stock control?!)

Edited by Hyaku
spelling mistakes!

@Hyaku I haven’t received anything yet, not even another email. I'm also in the UK and also thought the items came from Europe. When the Tiny Love Tiny Tour merch was on sale I ordered a lot then which took around 3 weeks to arrive, didn't have to pay any import charges then. I really hope I don't have to pay any this time!

Also last time, even though I ordered a bunch of stuff together, so shipping was combined, I got sent two separate packages. Found this quite annoying actually as I thought one item had got lost!

I sent an email to the store about this and it led to a chat about the whole order.

We picked up the t-shirt this morning. £.6.14 VAT added (I think I also paid US sales tax) PLUS Royal Mail charge £8 handling fee!

Still, a happy Mika fan - until she opened the package to find that the t-shirt isn't the same dark brown/grey colour she thought it was at the concert, but black ...

Edited by Hyaku

4 minutes ago, Hyaku said:

the t-shirt isn't the same brown/grey colour it was at the concert

Is this the one with Mika's face on? This did have a colour change, it was originally grey but is now black. 

That explains it. We shall not be using the shopus.mikasounds.com site again!

On the subject of duty, if your order is less than £15 (including post) you don't pay tax/duty. Above it, VAT at 20% plus £8 (if Royal Mail are delivering).

Or, you could always cancel the order ...

Sadly the store is the only official one online, unless you're lucky enough to find things on eBay. I've bought too much stuff to cancel now. Customer service are lucky I'm a patient person. Also, tax/duty can't be for everything surely? I got a poster recently from the US, more than £15, no extra charges and delivered by Royal Mail.

This is all very strange 😦

Well, I'd like someone to tell Mika that some of his fans are not happy about this and that the merchandise supply at his concerts doesn't match demand. It's odd that it is totally US-based, though (presumably because his music publisher is American), as they must ship more stuff to Europe than they sell at home. All sent by air mail ... Is it about maximising profit?

The rules on duty seem to be applied in varying ways, judging by the complaints littering the internet about this, especially when people send presents to others that then get hit with tax (and the fee). Perhaps posters are VAT free - but you may have just been lucky!

The sticker on the parcel suggested visiting  www.hmrc.gov.uk and searching for "Notice 43".

1 hour ago, Hyaku said:

Well, I'd like someone to tell Mika that some of his fans are not happy about this and that the merchandise supply at his concerts doesn't match demand. It's odd that it is totally US-based, though (presumably because his music publisher is American), as they must ship more stuff to Europe than they sell at home. All sent by air mail ... Is it about maximising profit?

The rules on duty seem to be applied in varying ways, judging by the complaints littering the internet about this, especially when people send presents to others that then get hit with tax (and the fee). Perhaps posters are VAT free - but you may have just been lucky!

The sticker on the parcel suggested visiting  www.hmrc.gov.uk and searching for "Notice 43".

Re imports from the USA, the tariffs and taxes seem to change every week, so no wonder people get confused.

It has been mentioned to Team Mika that a European based shop would be better for the majority of fans, but I have a feeling they are waiting to see how Brexit plays out before setting one up. :dunno:

it may be some small consolation to know that when there was a UK/Europe store before, there were just as many problems with stock and delivery.

I've seen a few posts on twitter where people have got there t-shirt/hoodie order. So it looks like clothing items are being dispatched more now. And yet mine as still not arrived...

A friend who makes bags and has to order from China has told me that her manufacturer has started production again in the last couple of days, so I'm hopeful that the factory that makes the Mika badge sets will be up and running soon. 

• 3 weeks later...

I asked for another update regarding my order and got an email back yesterday, so this may interest some people who also haven't received their order. 

The delayed item is indeed the Revelation Tour badge set. I was told that all other items in my order are waiting to be dispatched from them, no other items are being delayed. I have a feeling that the store staff are working from home, took a while to get that email. On the website it says that if an item goes out of stock after you place an order then you may be offered a refund or another item of the same value, I wouldn't worry too much about this seeing as nearly everything is out of stock now (apart from the mug and one t-shirt) and like I said I was told that all my items are waiting for me somewhere... I was not given any idea of a new dispatch time but because the delay is probably due to the Corona virus I'm going to be realistic and say about 5 weeks or so. 

If anyone does receive their order with the badge set, feel free to pop a message here.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I asked for another update regarding my order and got an email back yesterday, so this may interest some people who also haven't received their order. 

The delayed item is indeed the Revelation Tour badge set. I was told that all other items in my order are waiting to be dispatched from them, no other items are being delayed. I have a feeling that the store staff are working from home, took a while to get that email. On the website it says that if an item goes out of stock after you place an order then you may be offered a refund or another item of the same value, I wouldn't worry too much about this seeing as nearly everything is out of stock now (apart from the mug and one t-shirt) and like I said I was told that all my items are waiting for me somewhere... I was not given any idea of a new dispatch time but because the delay is probably due to the Corona virus I'm going to be realistic and say about 5 weeks or so. 

If anyone does receive their order with the badge set, feel free to pop a message here.

thank you for updating us! every so often something will remind me of the merch and i say to myself 'oh yeah, i ordered some stuff ages ago, hmm i should probably check into that'

• Like 1

Interestingly, the Revelation Tour badge set is now back in stock on the website, still $10 and also still saying 4-5 weeks delivery, which is what it said long before countries lock down. I haven't been sent a dispatch email yet, so I'm not expecting anything soon. The store has no statement about the Corona virus either but this link for buying just the album does have a statement (used to be able to access this from the mikasounds website, it is separate from UMG stores)

https://shop.virginemi.com/mika/delivery/

17 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Interestingly, the Revelation Tour badge set is now back in stock on the website, still $10 and also still saying 4-5 weeks delivery, which is what it said long before countries lock down. I haven't been sent a dispatch email yet, so I'm not expecting anything soon. The store has no statement about the Corona virus either but this link for buying just the album does have a statement (used to be able to access this from the mikasounds website, it is separate from UMG stores)

https://shop.virginemi.com/mika/delivery/

I got the email this morning saying my order has shipped, UPS says it’ll arrive Monday. Looks like it’s coming from Florida but hopefully yours will ship soon too!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kreacher said:

I got the email this morning saying my order has shipped, UPS says it’ll arrive Monday. Looks like it’s coming from Florida but hopefully yours will ship soon too!

Yes I got an email too! I think because I'm in the UK I can't see where the parcel is at the moment on the tracking website, mine is coming through a company called APC. I'm going to be checking it daily! What's strange is that the lithograph is being posted separately from everything else.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

This is just wrong. I'll let Mika's team know again about these issues. :(

It's not like I wasn't expecting this and it's no one's fault. I knew I would probably have to pay import charges right from the day I ordered. So I am prepared to pay, not sure how much yet though,  "addressee being notified",  I haven't got any notification yet from Royal Mail! Which is strange because the lithograph poster did arrive today which I haven't had to pay extra charges for! I might call the local sorting office tomorrow to see if they have the rest of my order. 

I know a European online store would be preferred by a lot of fans but maybe the merchandising team think that by having two websites (one US, one EU) one would perhaps be ignored? 🤔   And then maybe they'd loose custom from certain parts of the world.

I don't mind too much, yes it is annoying, but being a crazy Mika fan means I'm probably going to buy any new merch that's released! 😆

• 1 month later...

What's in the box?

_20200526_122319.thumb.JPG.c91ef7fb3499925e1629fac72ab96c99.JPG

Mika merch! _20200526_122405.thumb.JPG.173a20d8206527fc2ffde6771d347ac1.JPG

I've been forgetting to post this for ages now 😅  It actually arrived at the end of April.  Mum told me I had a card from Royal Mail informing me about the custom fees, I forgot about paying it for a couple of days but then my parcel turned up! Turns out my Mum had already payed the fees online when she saw the card. Best Mum ever!

• Like 2