MIKA Collabs that Could Be Fun to See

Shanie

This thread is for fun “what if they made a song together” speculation. Would you like to see your other favorite artists do a song with MIKA? Speculate! What would it be like if they did!

(As always, remember to respectful of others tastes and opinions☺️.)

To start I think I’d like to see a Lil Nas X x MIKA collab. For one it would be good exposure for both artists in each respective fandoms. But considering  songs like Nas’s “Am I Dreaming”, “Lost in the Citadel” and “Sun Goes Down” and MIKA’s own “Sanremo”, “Dear Jealousy” and “All She Wants”, I feel like we’d get something fun, exiting, and beautifully, emotionally raw. It would be wonderful to see.

• Like 2

There are many artists I'd like to see making a song with Mika but my first thought was Christine and the Queens. I love the EP La Vita Nuova from last year and I could imagine them making a song together, probably a sad dance song, something like Rain, or even a ballad. It could be both in English and in French (or a mixture of both like People I've Been Sad from Christine and the Queens, I know Mika likes this song too because it has been on one of his playlists lately). I think it would be a great collaboration, even though I usually prefer Mika's songs without any guests. 

• Like 1

I would love to see Mika collab with P!nk and also MNEK, I know Mika is a big fan of his!

@giraffeandy I agree about Christine and the Queens, I think they would sing perfectly together! For a duet I think Mountains (We Met) would be awesome and I would be curious to hear Chris' own take on J'ai Pas Envie!

(just want to say that I think this thread might be better in the Chat about Mika section, Mods what do you think?)

• Like 1

Great idea for a discussion topic, @Shanie and :welcomeani: to the MFC!

I've thought for a long time I'd like to see Mika do something with Rufus Wainwright. I live in hope that it might happen some day!

A few years ago, Mika hosted Clean Bandit on his show Stasera Casa Mika and he sang "Miss You" with them... I think I'd be interested to hear him do a proper collab with them.

Hmm... I'll have to think some more.

And yes, I agree with @TinyLove_CJ - we should probably move this to "Chat About Mika". I'll do that now. Thanks!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2021 at 10:18 AM, dcdeb said:

A few years ago, Mika hosted Clean Bandit on his show Stasera Casa Mika and he sang "Miss You" with them... I think I'd be interested to hear him do a proper collab with them.

i loved this collab, made an mp3 out of it and still listen to it a lot, it'd be cool to hear them do a proper song together <3

my dream collab is Mika & David Bowie, but that seems unlikely

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, kreacher said:

my dream collab is Mika & David Bowie, but that seems unlikely

But not impossible. 

David Bowie's voice from one of his songs could be used for a duet with Mika to cover a Bowie song. It's been done before after other musicians have died (Elvis, Whitney Houston and Nat King Cole to name a few), so a Mika/Bowie collab could be done.

It's just whether Mika would feel comfortable doing something like that. I doubt that he would actually. 

I am curious to know what their voices would sound like together though, it sure would be an interesting duet!

• Like 2

I've mentioned this before but I would love Mika and Jamie Cullum to do a collaboration together. I'm surprised that they actually haven't sang together yet, they have met a few times too!

This is one of my favourite pictures! :wub2:

754a730d049e9cf4e9e9c85d3f259fb7.thumb.jpg.beb18fbcc5a2518feb124635515aa2c8.jpg

They have a lot in common too: Both can play piano (Jamie is self taught), both are classically trained with their singing and both of them are adorable and never seem to age :lol:.

I think their voices would be perfect together!

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 11:18 AM, dcdeb said:

In doing all this research for the competitions, I stumbled upon this video - thought it was worth sharing!

• Like 3