2023 - Mika @ Isle of Wight Festival, UK, 18 June

BeccaStardust

• 2 months later...

Saw this on Twitter Mika at the isle of wight festival in June 

Thinking about this for myself I'd love to go Isle of Wight agian and the line up outside of Mika is cool, it's just kinda complicated to get to 

20221031_084336.jpg

Edit by Mod:

tickets: https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/isle-of-wight-festival?_ga=2.66861934.1199855456.1670365693-920534251.1670365693

Please RSVP here if you're going:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Hey guys, 

I'd love to go to the Isle of Wight Festival. I was thinking of buying Sunday tickets (June 18) before they run out. MIKA will be performing + the rest of the line-up seems pretty cool too. Anyone wanna join? Let me know :) Cheers! 

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/isle-of-wight-festival-2023-sunday-newport-18-06-2023/event/1F005D5CD5D46819?irgwc=1&utm_source=1234554-Songkick&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=1234554&awtrc=&clickId=WQbye5W8lxyNRRRVw9QxU1UTUkAyhoQRnTyCQ00&camefrom=CFC_BUYAT_1234554&ircid=7559&fbclid=IwAR2xEPQMXF4-ZXUkc7cloGWIOc1aVSdkl-9CclZyURaRs2_QSnjJmuK1jJg

• Like 2

• mellody changed the title to 2023 - Mika @ Isle of Wight Festival, UK, 18 June
19 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

Saw this on Twitter Mika at the isle of wight festival in June 

Thinking about this for myself I'd love to go Isle of Wight agian and the line up outside of Mika is cool, it's just kinda complicated to get to 

20221031_084336.jpg

Edit by Mod:

tickets: https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/isle-of-wight-festival?_ga=2.66861934.1199855456.1670365693-920534251.1670365693

Please RSVP here if you're going:

19 hours ago, Claire Haroche said:

Hey guys, 

I'd love to go to the Isle of Wight Festival. I was thinking of buying Sunday tickets (June 18) before they run out. MIKA will be performing + the rest of the line-up seems pretty cool too. Anyone wanna join? Let me know :) Cheers! 

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/isle-of-wight-festival-2023-sunday-newport-18-06-2023/event/1F005D5CD5D46819?irgwc=1&utm_source=1234554-Songkick&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=1234554&awtrc=&clickId=WQbye5W8lxyNRRRVw9QxU1UTUkAyhoQRnTyCQ00&camefrom=CFC_BUYAT_1234554&ircid=7559&fbclid=IwAR2xEPQMXF4-ZXUkc7cloGWIOc1aVSdkl-9CclZyURaRs2_QSnjJmuK1jJg

For some weird reason when I merged the 2 threads it changed the date of Becca's first post to yesterday. I've added the info again to the now first post, sorry for the mess. :rolleyes:

Anyway Claire, there's several MFCers going to this, I'm sure everyone can meet up there. :)  I bought a ticket but not sure yet if I'm going, will probably be going to Cheltenham instead... but it's still a few months until June, still time to decide. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! :bye:  I will be at  IOW  in June. i booked my hotel in Ryde village (IOW). Are you thinking  for a meet before the festival? 

Edited by MUSICMIKA

• 3 weeks later...

Hey so I've realised that the festival is on a weekend that I will most likely have off (I don't work when it's an adult weekend ) so was looking at going again 

I found a reasonable hotel 30mins away and could book travel and get a ticket would be about ,£250-£300

However since I'd have to travel back Sunday after I was wondering if anyone knows the timings of the festival, how late do you think would it finish

Is the festival more of  day thing or go on till late evenings 

3 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

Hey so I've realised that the festival is on a weekend that I will most likely have off (I don't work when it's an adult weekend ) so was looking at going again 

I found a reasonable hotel 30mins away and could book travel and get a ticket would be about ,£250-£300

However since I'd have to travel back Sunday after I was wondering if anyone knows the timings of the festival, how late do you think would it finish

Is the festival more of  day thing or go on till late evenings 

I suppose the festival in general would finish only late, maybe 11pm? But as Mika isn't the main act, he will probably be on in the afternoon or early evening. Unless there's several stages and Mika is the main act on another stage? I haven't checked yet if they have a detailed plan on their website. That's all assumptions, you'll probably have to call them and ask to make sure... but if Robbie's show is starting at 9 or so, and Mika is on the same stage, he'd be on before that for sure.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mellody said:

I suppose the festival in general would finish only late, maybe 11pm? But as Mika isn't the main act, he will probably be on in the afternoon or early evening. Unless there's several stages and Mika is the main act on another stage? I haven't checked yet if they have a detailed plan on their website. That's all assumptions, you'll probably have to call them and ask to make sure... but if Robbie's show is starting at 9 or so, and Mika is on the same stage, he'd be on before that for sure.

I might go with the safe option and book the Monday off rather than risk getting stuck in the island and trying to rush back 

It does say Mika is on the main stage on the website , I haven't looked at other artists and don't see anything about times 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BeccaStardust said:

I might go with the safe option and book the Monday off rather than risk getting stuck in the island and trying to rush back 

It does say Mika is on the main stage on the website , I haven't looked at other artists and don't see anything about times 

Usually at festivals, the bigger the artist's name on the poster, the later in the evening they're on (if they're on the same stage). So unless they change something due to his popularity because of The Piano, I think he'll probably be on in the afternoon. There's Robbie and Blondie and a few other names before his.

That's one reason why I'm still hesitant about going, because I suppose it won't be a full gig. :dunno: Maybe a short set like at Coachella, maybe more?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mellody said:

Usually at festivals, the bigger the artist's name on the poster, the later in the evening they're on (if they're on the same stage). So unless they change something due to his popularity because of The Piano, I think he'll probably be on in the afternoon. There's Robbie and Blondie and a few other names before his.

That's one reason why I'm still hesitant about going, because I suppose it won't be a full gig. :dunno: Maybe a short set like at Coachella, maybe more?

I like everyone on the main stage so it wouldn't just be Mika im there for plus for me its currently the only chance I have to see him this year 

• Like 2

I got an ad for ABBA Voyage today and was thinking, if Mika isn't doing anything on Saturday the 17th, I might just go there, in the afternoon or in the evening. I'm still undecided, but going to see the ABBA show might make it worth the UK trip, even if Mika ends up playing just 3 songs at IoW. Would any of you be interested in joining me, if I decide to go?

• Like 1

I learned today that mid-June there'll be NATO military flight exercises over Germany, for which they'll have to close the airspace for regular flights, probably for several hours a day, over 2-3 weeks. Not on weekends, apparently, but I need to get back home too, so right now flying to the UK in mid-June doesn't sound like a great idea. :facepalm:

Disneyland Pride is on the 17th, they've started announcing the artists yesterday, but unfortunately no Mika so far... would be great if he did that again, and I'd love that as an alternative to IoW. :wub2:

• 1 month later...

So, I decided to go to this and Bristol, just booked my flights. Didn't think I could do both, but well, mostly it's just a question of figuring out how, not if. :lol3: Are you all staying on the Isle of Wight overnight? I think I'll be staying in Southampton and taking the ferry from there and back on the 18th - at least that's what I figured out is doable.

Now I just have to hope that there's no problems with my flight back on Thursday because of the NATO flight exercises. I'll be arriving at Heathrow late on Saturday, at least that should work without problems. Anyway, as they're offering the flights, I suppose they have some sort of plan. I think it's less flights per day than usual.

Also I'm planning to go to London on the 19th to see ABBA Voyage - would any of you be interested to join?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mellody said:

So, I decided to go to this and Bristol, just booked my flights. Didn't think I could do both, but well, mostly it's just a question of figuring out how, not if. :lol3: Are you all staying on the Isle of Wight overnight? I think I'll be staying in Southampton and taking the ferry from there and back on the 18th - at least that's what I figured out is doable.

Now I just have to hope that there's no problems with my flight back on Thursday because of the NATO flight exercises. I'll be arriving at Heathrow late on Saturday, at least that should work without problems. Anyway, as they're offering the flights, I suppose they have some sort of plan. I think it's less flights per day than usual.

Also I'm planning to go to London on the 19th to see ABBA Voyage - would any of you be interested to join?

I'm staying on the Isle of wight from Friday as I'm going to the explore the area on Saturday. (I've been before but not in a while ) 

Staying in Southampton is probably good as the passenger ferry is only 30mins and not too far to Newport after (I think an hour but can't remember for certain now ) 

Hopefully I'll see everyone there 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

Staying in Southampton is probably good as the passenger ferry is only 30mins and not too far to Newport after (I think an hour but can't remember for certain now ) 

Actually it's only 15 minutes by bus, I just looked it up. :thumb_yello: I'll have to see about the ferry, seems there's a fast and a slow one.

Btw, I read on their website in the FAQ that they have fancy dress guidelines because apparently people are wearing creative outfits for this festival. Is it usual there? And if yes, just on the "fancy dress Saturday", or on all days? Are any of you planning to dress up? I'd love it to bring back a bit of the early Mika days when his fans were dressed in all those wonderful costumes, and you already recognized a Mika fan from far away. :teehee: Well, back then Mika kept saying  how much he loves it, but then at some point he seemed to get fed up with it, I guess that's why it stopped. I think he gets bored easily if something is done too often, but meanwhile it could be interesting again. :dunno_grin:

• Like 2

On 5/23/2023 at 9:39 AM, mellody said:

I'll also be in London on 19 June. I thought I should spend some time exploring London, there's so much I haven't seen like Buckingham Palace.

I would actually be free in the evening. Did you see that a ticket for the ABBA show costs 95 pounds (on Saturday 17 June even 126 pounds)?

These are the places that are still available on 19 June:

image.thumb.png.1dff7f9af73b0cdcdcb56f11d2345562.png

Sorry for the :ot:.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Prisca said:

I'll also be in London on 19 June. I thought I should spend some time exploring London, there's so much I haven't seen like Buckingham Palace.

I would actually be free in the evening. Did you see that a ticket for the ABBA show costs 95 pounds (on Saturday 17 June even 126 pounds)?

These are the places that are still available on 19 June:

image.thumb.png.1dff7f9af73b0cdcdcb56f11d2345562.png

Sorry for the :ot:.

I bought a Dancefloor ticket for 77 pounds (plus fees, but it wasn't 95), directly from the link on the ABBA Voyage website.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-29 um 22.49.18.png

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

The festival has announced some timings on their app 

Here's Mikas Set 

Was hoping for an hour but 40 mins will still be good 

Screenshot_20230605-140743.png

Thanks, just downloaded the app... Sean Logan will be playing on the same day too! But on a different stage. From 2:25-2:55pm. I think I'll decide when I'm there whether I'll leave my spot to watch his performance...

29 minutes ago, mellody said:

Thanks, just downloaded the app... Sean Logan will be playing on the same day too! But on a different stage. From 2:25-2:55pm. I think I'll decide when I'm there whether I'll leave my spot to watch his performance...

Ella Henderson is just before Mika who is the other artist I really wanted to see 

Unfortunately she's the same time as Sean too would 

Nice to be able to plan a bit more now 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

Ella Henderson is just before Mika who is the other artist I really wanted to see 

Unfortunately she's the same time as Sean too would 

Nice to be able to plan a bit more now 

Yeah, it'd be a lot more convenient if Sean was on at some point after Mika, that would fill the time between Mika and Robbie... I want to watch Blondie too, but there's still 2 other acts between Mika and her... well maybe they're good too. It's nice to discover new artists at festivals - and somehow more relaxed after Mika's performance, because then I don't care that much anymore about being in the front. :lol3: Anyway, looking forward to it, sounds like it'll be fun, with so many stages and artists! :biggrin2:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Yeah, it'd be a lot more convenient if Sean was on at some point after Mika, that would fill the time between Mika and Robbie... I want to watch Blondie too, but there's still 2 other acts between Mika and her... well maybe they're good too. It's nice to discover new artists at festivals - and somehow more relaxed after Mika's performance, because then I don't care that much anymore about being in the front. :lol3: Anyway, looking forward to it, sounds like it'll be fun, with so many stages and artists! :biggrin2:

Ella to Niall  are are people I like so so I know I'll enjoy that

The earlier artists sound interesting the first girl (Phenix at 11) only has one song on Spotify but it sounded nice so maybe I'll get there for her 

I wanted to see Robbie but he might be a little late for me but we'll see ive never been to a festival so will be a new experience for me 

• Like 1

I'll only arrive very late on Saturday evening.

Btw if anyone's looking to share a hotel room, I'd have a spare bed in Southampton for the 2 nights, near the train station.