2023 - Mika @ Isle of Wight Festival, UK, 18 June

BeccaStardust

Ticket info:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtdiyXHKG47/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Seems you have to download the ticketmaster app and open the ticket before going to the festival, so it's saved and you won't need a mobile signal. Which I guess makes sense... with so many people in one place, I could imagine that the mobile connection might not be stable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Ticket info:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtdiyXHKG47/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Seems you have to download the ticketmaster app and open the ticket before going to the festival, so it's saved and you won't need a mobile signal. Which I guess makes sense... with so many people in one place, I could imagine that the mobile connection might not be stable.

Attention, 

Ticketmaster UK app doesnt work for international people ...

You have to find your ticket and open it on your personal account

Screenshot_20230614_111030_Gmail.jpg

• Thanks 3

Wasn't sure where to mention this so I hope it's appropriate here.

This Sunday from 7pm the UK TV channel 'Sky Arts' will be broadcasting the Isle of Wight festival live! (at least I think it's live). The TV schedule goes from 7pm - 12am, in the TV magazine I have it doesn’t mention Mika but it might be worth a watch for anyone not going!

For anyone who is going watch out for a camera crew! I hope it does get filmed!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

This Sunday from 7pm the UK TV channel 'Sky Arts' will be broadcasting the Isle of Wight festival live! (at least I think it's live). The TV schedule goes from 7pm - 12am, in the TV magazine I have it doesn’t mention Mika but it might be worth a watch for anyone not going!

Just to add, 'Sky Arts' doesn't have a free catch up service. Some of it's programs are added to NowTV which you need a paid membership for. I can't record the program myself so I hope someone who's good with TV tech might be able to do it using a smart TV and a hard drive.

Of course this all depends if Mika is actually filmed! Still can't find any information that he will be.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I would assume it'll be showing anyone who is on main stage which Mika is 

However he's at 3:35pm so looks like it'll be after him so he won't be on TV 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

What time is everyone planning to arrive?

I'm still not sure, because there's so many gates and different opening times for different areas, but I suppose the Robbie fans might be queueing early. And I'm not sure how to get from the ferry port to the festival, before the shuttle buses start running at 10am or so. So I might just take one of the first ferries around 7am and see from there how far I get. 😅 

Don't like rain, but maybe it's better than being in the burning sun all day.

• Like 2

Just wanted to give some thoughts/advice having been on the island a few hours 

Transport (busses) seem good however are delayed esp around Newport and the festival so give yourself more time then you think (idk where you are staying )

There's a specific festival shuttle but but I think general busses are slightly quicker 

But obviously delayed there are 3 9s next to each other as I type this

(just what I overheard local people say regarding shuttle vs regular  ) 

Busses also have a festival specific ticket as an option idk what this is as I've got a whole weekend festival ticket 

This is probably common knowledge and I'm not needed 

Edited by BeccaStardust
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/15/2023 at 10:54 AM, mellody said:

I'm still not sure, because there's so many gates and different opening times for different areas, but I suppose the Robbie fans might be queueing early.

Where have you seen that the gates open at different times?

2 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

Quick question I've managed to download my ticket into my phone as it's requested

Idk if any of you got a festival program but it's not letting me download that ticket 

You just need to have the ticket in the app or go to the website, log in and then show it. It has to be shown live, screenshots are not possible. :original:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Best entrance is by the way gate 5 (staff people told me that all gates should open at the same time).

Thanks 

I'm not sure which gate I'm getting to but good to know, I'm probably going to get there early anyway 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

Thanks 

I'm not sure which gate I'm getting to but good to know, I'm probably going to get there early anyway 

In case you take a festival bus: I think they all arrive at gate 3. Just continue to walk on the main street and you will arrive at gate 5.

IMG-20230616-WA0004.jpg

12 minutes ago, Prisca said:

In case you take a festival bus: I think they all arrive at gate 3. Just continue to walk on the main street and you will arrive at gate 5.

IMG-20230616-WA0004.jpg

I won't be taking the festival bus since I don't think it stops where I'm staying, I'll ethier be getting of at the bus station or one of nearby stops on the the 9

I'll check again to see if I can work out which entrance to get to 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

Best entrance is by the way gate 5 (staff people told me that all gates should open at the same time).

But 2 of the areas open already at 10am, while the main area and the box offices only open at 11. Do we need a box office to exchange our tickets for wristbands?

7 hours ago, mellody said:

But 2 of the areas open already at 10am, while the main area and the box offices only open at 11. Do we need a box office to exchange our tickets for wristbands?

The guy from the staff I asked yesterday told me we can also get wristbands at the gate 5. I hope he was right. It also says box office on the map with gate 5. And I asked the guy that is here looking for the traffic: He said that we can get wristbands here as well. I don't know if it's possible to get tickets at the areas that open at 10am. :dunno_grin:

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Prisca said:

The guy from the staff I asked yesterday told me we can also get wristbands at the gate 5. I hope he was right. It also says box office on the map with gate 5. And I asked the guy that is here looking for the traffic: He said that we can get wristbands here as well. I don't know if it's possible to get tickets at the areas that open at 10am. :dunno_grin:

Are you planning to go to the area that opens at 10am?