2023 - Mika @ Tachikawa Stage Garden, Tokyo, JAPAN - 24 May REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Kumazzz

Hi! I finally got home. :) 

Sorry for my belated post, but I came back from Korea quite late at night so please understand.

What a night it was in Tokyo! My impression of the audience in Tokyo are usually very shy and polite compared to those in Osaka, but this time, we were loud! Mika was able to warm us up by walking into the audience during Big Girl which was the 3rd song of the set list, and he came down again a few songs later, during Popular Song. I felt the whole venue got so happy and excited, and became one! I think lots of people could feel like as if they were in the front row or even closer! How clever of him. As you already know, he also appeared on the stage twice for saying goodbye after the last song, and even sung 2 songs for the  encore, wearing his pajamas! (the CasaMika one!)

Yayyyy!!! Tokyo! I’m so proud of us!!! lol

I felt like, finally the Spring had come to Tokyo.

Tickets sale for Tokyo and Osaka started last December and got sold out at the beginning of May. It took a long time to get sold out.

Universal Music did a streaming party on YouTube a night before the Osaka show, and that was good too. I saw some comments in the chat area saying “ I have to revise the lyrics before the show!” or something like that.

As for the M&G, first of all, I want to thank Deb-san for arranging the M&G, asking Mika team for doing it in Japan, both in Osaka and Tokyo.

I didn’t do anything special. I’ve already told Deb-san but my friends around me helped me with this a lot. I cannot thank them enough. The promoter people I talked were very kind and understanding as well.

After the show, the promoter person actually told me that the M&G is going to be very short since Mika had ended up doing such a long show that night, he got tired and been out of voice. (I think it meant he had to keep his voice down for the following shows.) But as it turned out, he took a long time talking and taking pictures with each one of us! That tells all, right? ;)  

We were kind of queuing in a very narrow room so he tried to start talking from the people who he hadn’t seen for more than 7 years or the first time. Very generous of him. Luckily, we all managed to talk with him. He didn’t rush back to his dressing room. (I was sorry for the people waiting outside because he rushed back to his hotel not showing himself up for them.)

I remember that he sounded  happy to find out some people from the video asking Mika questions, and he started talking a lot! lol He even started talking to Adam’s camera as well.

Some people showed him their written messages saved in their smart phones so that they can cover up their English speaking abilities. I think that effort had reached Mika’s heart as well. 

Thanks to Deb-san’s generosity, I was able to see Mika at both M&G. But since Osaka was a standing concert and I put my gifts in the locker and didn’t have time to get it by the M&G. So I gave it to him afterwards  but had to hand it to one of the Japanese staffs who was standing next to him. I gave him some snacks that I like. The caramel popcorns he was eating in one of his pictures he posted as instagram stories, was from me. Then, in Tachikawa, I got the chance to explain about my gifts, which was very lucky. He said he ate the whole package of the caramel popcorns! He said “So naughty.” (lol) He also said it reminded him of his childhood… I was really happy to be able to talk with him and even laugh together a bit during this little conversation.

Also I gave him a pepper mill to show my gratitude for him doing “Cooking with Mika” at the very beginning of the pandemic, and made  us happy. He knew the Japanese brand and said it’s perfect! I cannot thank enough for this special opportunity. Another great memory with Mika fills my heart. :)

Yuko x

Edited by Yuko_lyrubi
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Yuko_lyrubi said:

the Japanese brad

@Yuko_lyrubi

Thanks a lot for posting, love to read the details !

I am very jealous of that you met Mika both Osaka and Tokyo!

By the way, what is the Japanese brad ??? a small nail???:dunno:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yuko_lyrubi said:

Hi! I finally got home. :) 

Sorry for my belated post, but I came back from Korea quite late at night so please understand.

What a night it was in Tokyo! My impression of the audience in Tokyo are usually very shy and polite compared to those in Osaka, but this time, we were loud! Mika was able to warm us up by walking into the audience during Big Girl which was the 3rd song of the set list, and he came down again a few songs later, during Popular Song. I felt the whole venue got so happy and excited, and became one! I think lots of people could feel like as if they were in the front row or even closer! How clever of him. As you already know, he also appeared on the stage twice for saying goodbye after the last song, and even sung 2 songs for the  encore, wearing his pajamas! (the CasaMika one!)

Yayyyy!!! Tokyo! I’m so proud of us!!! lol

I felt like, finally the Spring had come to Tokyo.

Tickets sale for Tokyo and Osaka started last December and got sold out at the beginning of May. It took a long time to get sold out.

Universal Music did a streaming party on YouTube a night before the Osaka show, and that was good too. I saw some comments in the chat area saying “ I have to revise the lyrics before the show!” or something like that.

As for the M&G, first of all, I want to thank Deb-san for arranging the M&G, asking Mika team for doing it in Japan, both in Osaka and Tokyo.

I didn’t do anything special. I’ve already told Deb-san but my friends around me helped me with this a lot. I cannot thank them enough. The promoter people I talked were very kind and understanding as well.

After the show, the promoter person actually told me that the M&G is going to be very short since Mika had ended up doing such a long show that night, he got tired and been out of voice. (I think it meant he had to keep his voice down for the following shows.) But as it turned out, he took a long time talking and taking pictures with each one of us! That tells all, right? ;)  

We were kind of queuing in a very narrow room so he tried to start talking from the people who he hadn’t seen for more than 7 years or the first time. Very generous of him. Luckily, we all managed to talk with him. He didn’t rush back to his dressing room. (I was sorry for the people waiting outside because he rushed back to his hotel not showing himself up for them.)

I remember that he sounded  happy to find out some people from the video asking Mika questions, and he started talking a lot! lol He even started talking to Adam’s camera as well.

Some people showed him their written messages saved in their smart phones so that they can cover up their English speaking abilities. I think that effort had reached Mika’s heart as well. 

Thanks to Deb-san’s generosity, I was able to see Mika at both M&G. But since Osaka was a standing concert and I put my gifts in the locker and didn’t have time to get it by the M&G. So I gave it to him afterwards  but had to hand it to one of the Japanese staffs who was standing next to him. I gave him some snacks that I like. The caramel popcorns he was eating in one of his pictures he posted as instagram stories, was from me. Then, in Tachikawa, I got the chance to explain about my gifts, which was very lucky. He said he ate the whole package of the caramel popcorns! He said “So naughty.” (lol) He also said it reminded him of his childhood… I was really happy to be able to talk with him and even laugh together a bit during this little conversation.

Also I gave him a pepper mill to show my gratitude for him doing “Cooking with Mika” at the very beginning of the pandemic, and made  us happy. He knew the Japanese brand and said it’s perfect! I cannot thank enough for this special opportunity. Another great memory with Mika fills my heart. :)

Yuko x

Thanks so much for your report, I loved reading it! 
And you got to meet and speak to him twice, that is amazing!! I’m very happy for you that you got to see he received your gifts and that you could give a bit of explanation the following night. And now we know he definitely loves popcorn :lol3: good job for choosing that snack!! 

As much as I love your gig reports. I also love seeing M&G pictures or videos if you have them. Those are even more rare ❤️

• Like 5

7年ぶりのMIKA!! とても素晴らしいライブで今だに余韻に浸ってます!

そしてM&Gに参加させていただき、貴重な体験素敵な思い出になりました。本当にありがとうございました

また近いうちに来てくれますように、
新曲やアルバムなどこれからも楽しみです!

20230524_205957.jpg

IMG_20230525_073237_037.jpg

Edited by masumin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

It might be a little late for some vids from the Tokyo gig, but the more the better right? Not sure if anyone’s posted vids when the Yo-Yo remix was playing…

I’m actually embarrassed to show the photos I got from the M&G :sweatdrop:

恥ずかしいから、今写真が見せられない。顔でステッカーを貼っても、ちょっと…きゃああー!!

Edited by udonslayer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, udonslayer said:

恥ずかしいから、今写真が見せられない。顔でステッカーを貼っても、ちょっと…きゃああー!!

すんごく見たいなぁ~!!!!

I'd like to see the M&G pics so much !!!:teehee:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

すんごく見たいなぁ~!!!!

I'd like to see the M&G pics so much !!!:teehee:

まあいい、写真を見せまーす〜

M&Gでドキドキしちゃって、顔を赤らめたから、恥ずかしかった。サインをもらう前にノートで顔をずっと覆ったwww

サインをもらって、でもノートをあげたから、赤らめられた顔が覆われない。その時、考えは「きゃあー」の気持ちがあって、恥ずかちぃ〜Mikaはカッコいいでしょう?それに王子みたい:blush:

767EAFCE-8B9C-4867-A2D2-0E06BB390A84.thumb.jpeg.d3da12f6aa6a8b1e828aafaae69698fc.jpeg

写真を撮る中、Mikaはあたしの頭でのせてたぬいぐるみを気がついてた。Mikaの反応が忘れちゃっても、あたしは幸せだった。でも顔がずっと赤らめた:sweatdrop:

15BDA24D-DB23-4D11-ABD1-5C4E06F6F513.thumb.jpeg.2a89f1674e2cf00489e2886cea0c7d91.jpeg

C203C968-8288-4C94-9B32-6539F9769837.thumb.jpeg.883350e654cef031494d121d4d32a85c.jpeg

M&Gあと、友達に写真を見せた時、「うらやまちぃ」の返事と言ったwww

Edited by udonslayer
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, udonslayer said:

「うらやまちぃ」

:fangurl:

ありがとう !!!!!

Me too !!! I’m so jealous !!

わたしも !!! うらやまちぃ !!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, udonslayer said:

まあいい、写真を見せまーす〜

M&Gでドキドキしちゃって、顔を赤らめたから、恥ずかしかった。サインをもらう前にノートで顔をずっと覆ったwww

サインをもらって、でもノートをあげたから、赤らめられた顔が覆われない。その時、考えは「きゃあー」の気持ちがあって、恥ずかちぃ〜Mikaはカッコいいでしょう?それに王子みたい:blush:

767EAFCE-8B9C-4867-A2D2-0E06BB390A84.thumb.jpeg.d3da12f6aa6a8b1e828aafaae69698fc.jpeg

写真を撮る中、Mikaはあたしの頭でのせてたぬいぐるみを気がついてた。Mikaの反応が忘れちゃっても、あたしは幸せだった。でも顔がずっと赤らめた:sweatdrop:

15BDA24D-DB23-4D11-ABD1-5C4E06F6F513.thumb.jpeg.2a89f1674e2cf00489e2886cea0c7d91.jpeg

C203C968-8288-4C94-9B32-6539F9769837.thumb.jpeg.883350e654cef031494d121d4d32a85c.jpeg

M&Gあと、友達に写真を見せた時、「うらやまちぃ」の返事と言ったwww

These pictures are SO CUTE!!! Thank you for sharing!!! 

• Like 2

Thanks to all of you for sharing your memories and photos/videos from this show! I especially love seeing the meet & greet photos, because as Michelle said, they are rather rare these days! I am so glad that everything worked out and I only hope that you don't have to wait so long to see Mika in your beautiful country again! :group_hug:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hello.

I was able to attend the Osaka M&G and my friend Yowco-chan( @yowco3 ) was able to attend the Tokyo M&G.

However, Yowco-chan was hospitalized a few days after MIKA's show and is currently recuperating.

So, instead of Yowco-chan, I will upload her story.

We were so excited by MIKA's show, we had so much fun bouncing, singing and laughing.

After the show...

At M&G in Tokyo, Yowco-chan gave MIKA a single purple rose (artificial flower).

MIKA gracefully received the rose.

Yowco said, "MIKA is like a prince."

We made a mushroom fan just before the Tokyo performance.🍄

She was very happy to be able to take a two-shot with MIKA holding a mushroom fan.🍄🍄

I was very happy when I saw that photo.

Thank you MIKA & everyone at MFC❤️

8289C4B9-355B-4BCE-B095-81DAE660746E.jpeg

617C62CF-FF54-4405-84B9-D3E8E36322C0.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Here’s my photo with Mika at the M&G in Tokyo.

As I was the last person in the queue, I almost lost chance to take this photo. The black wall in the background looks so special.

Thank you very very much Mika, Deb-san and my friends who’ve supported me. :mika1:

Here’s a funny story. Mika didn’t let me use my iPhone to take this photo. He told me to put it away and let NaoMika to use her digital camera instead, because it’s a good camera. :lol3:

IMG_2244.jpeg

Edited by Yuko_lyrubi
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yuko_lyrubi said:

Here’s my photo with Mika at the M&G in Tokyo.

Here’s a funny story. Mika didn’t let me use my iPhone to take this photo. He said to put it down and let NaoMika to use her digital camera instead, because it’s a good camera. :lol3:

I was relieved that the photos were taken properly.:wink2:

When Mika called my name and asked to take a picture of your two, it was a big pressure for me.

MIKA was a bit mean to me, wasn't he??

He definitely remembers that  I'm not good at handling the camera. (I have failed to record video messages with the camera and had to ask him for take2 .. not once but twice ..  in  Firenze and Paris!)

Anyway, I didn't make a mess of things this time. So proud of myself. :thumb_yello:

Thanks a lot for your great contribution for organizing the M&G events. お疲れさまでした。

NaoMika☆

• Like 3

Hello, there.

Sorry I’m late - I've been still in the memories of the Japan tour. What a week. Full of joy, happiness, and emotions.

Since @Yuko_lyrubi have already dropped the beautiful report, this is rather about my personal impressions and experiences.

Tokyo gig was the best. not one of the best,  THE BEST MIKA GIG I'VE EVER BEEN.

I'm sure that MIKA was so so happy with Tokyo audience. 

I was amazed the love filled in the venue, both side from MIKA and the crowds. It was like a golden bubble of champagne, shining in the air and brought me euphoric. What is called 多幸感 in Japanese.

My own highlight was when MIKA went down to the floor to sing and dance with people. MIKA comes to me and gave me a big hug and a squeeze!! OMG, I didn't expect that to happen in my life. It was a truly delightful treat for me. 

:cloud:

Big thanks to Deb-san, I was able to attend the M&G after the show. MIKA was looking tired a bit but he spent long time with us chatting, signing, and photo sessions. His devotion and kindness to his fans always touch my heart. 

I started with introducing myself  just like "Hi, Nice to meet you, my name is Naomi" and then he smiled and said "Nice to meet you again, I know your name"  ashamed, but happy to know that he recognised me. 

I talked with him about the flowers I sent to his dressing room the night before (you can see the flowers in his Q&A clip on his TikTok), My pink Mira Mikati dress, upcoming Seoul Jazz Festival, etc.

Here are photos from M&G. 

Thanks Salome for sharing the beautiful pic.

_20230602_214208.thumb.JPG.fd1be5268d4f5cbc1a83efdc3d9450b4.JPG

_20230531_220439.thumb.JPG.0ce4af4371a7eb14aa47e26d75cfe675.JPG

DSC_22152.thumb.JPG.a13ffa3cf85bd69882282dde0933167e.JPG

NaoMika☆

Edited by NaoMika
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, NaoMika said:

I was relieved that the photos were taken properly.:wink2:

When Mika called my name and asked to take a picture of your two, it was a big pressure for me.

MIKA was a bit mean to me, wasn't he??

He definitely remembers that  I'm not good at handling the camera. (I have failed to record video messages with the camera and had to ask him for take2 .. not once but twice ..  in  Firenze and Paris!)

Anyway, I didn't make a mess of things this time. So proud of myself. :thumb_yello:

Thanks a lot for your great contribution for organizing the M&G events. お疲れさまでした。

NaoMika☆

Mika wasn’t mean to you. I would rather say he was “teasing” you! ;)  But I think he really meant that digital cameras are way more better than iPhone cameras.

Thank you for being a photographer for  me! Also thank you for encouraging me when I almost lost chance to take photos with Mika in Tokyo since I was the last in line.

I was really happy that he was in that kind of happy mood in Japan, not only to us but to all of us at the M&G. :) 

I think I wasn’t a right person to be a contact person after all but thank you for your kind words.
As I’ve always telling you, you’ve been helping me a lot and you helped me again especially in Osaka this time, NaoMika-san!
You also helped the people who came abroad, and guided where you put your big luggages and how we buy the drink tickets and enter the venue, which I’m sure meant a lot to them.

Edited by Yuko_lyrubi
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Extremely late, but I found a video I took while Mika was singing Tomorrow in Tokyo. There doesn’t seem to be a video of this part of the gig so I thought “yeah I might as well share whatever footage I have.” 

Sorry for the singing, I couldn’t contain myself at the concert :sweatdrop:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Kumazzz changed the title to 2023 - Mika @ Tachikawa Stage Garden, Tokyo, JAPAN - 24 May REPORTS/PICS/VIDS