Design your dream Mika setlist!

1 hour ago, Fleeples said:

I'm loving all the NPIH love on this thread. It's the album that turned me from a casual enjoyer into a full throttle fan. It's so good and so underappreciated, and I'm so mad at my past self for not going to that concert (I was too shy to go to things like that alone at the time).

Same and SAME! I also enjoyed Mika before but NPIH is the album that really turned me into a hardcore fan. And I also regret not going to the gig during NPIH tour because I was also too shy to go alone. I knew about the gig in my city but at that time, I didn't know anyone from the fanclub or any other fans of Mika so I didn't go. Today I would go alone but back then, I was too insecure to do that. So I can relate! 

1 hour ago, Fleeples said:

I think Rain is almost too sad for a crowd visit, Relax could be fun (but his little jump on stage for Relax was amazing aha)! I never ever would've put Big Girl on my set list before seeing him live the other week, but his crowd visit was so fun (I appreciate so much that he came all the way up to the balcony too, not many artists would). I do think that the crowd visit should be for a song everyone including casual enjoyers knows.

I was looking for a song that's dancy enough and well-known. Rain is quite sad but in a "Dancing on my own" way, it's a song where you can get lost and forget about the pain. I personally love it, it's probably my favourite "dance song" from Mika. Also I was thinking he could still do the Relax jump when he returns back to the stage at the end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paoletta said:

Oh Gosh.. now my playlist:

Bougez

Relax

Le Coeur holiday

Tomorrow

Last Party

Heroes

Starring at the sun

good wife

Happy Ending

Sweetie Banana

Bolero feat Babyk

Bella d'estate feat Michele Bravi

Moi Andy et Paris

Underwater

Rain

blue

Paloma

Happy Ending

My interpretation

Porcelain

Boum Boum Boum

Last Party

Statdust

30 secondes 

Apocalypse Calypso

Passager

Touche Touche

C'est la vie 

I feel like everyone agrees he needs to play Good Wife and Tomorrow (although someone commented Tomorrow is their happiness song, for me it makes me really emotional!)

38 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Same and SAME! I also enjoyed Mika before but NPIH is the album that really turned me into a hardcore fan. And I also regret not going to the gig during NPIH tour because I was also too shy to go alone. I knew about the gig in my city but at that time, I didn't know anyone from the fanclub or any other fans of Mika so I didn't go. Today I would go alone but back then, I was too insecure to do that. So I can relate! 

I was looking for a song that's dancy enough and well-known. Rain is quite sad but in a "Dancing on my own" way, it's a song where you can get lost and forget about the pain. I personally love it, it's probably my favourite "dance song" from Mika. Also I was thinking he could still do the Relax jump when he returns back to the stage at the end.

I'd accept a crowd visit to any song but I don't know if Rain would have the right energy! I'm open to seeing if I'm wrong though!

Mika needs to redo the NPIH tour clearly, for all us previously socially awkward then.

The manchester gig was funny because I have been to several gigs alone recently (about a year ago I decided to stop letting my friends not liking all the same things as me stop me doing things) and the girl next to me was like 'omg you're so brave!' ahaha. But it was the least self conscious I've felt at any gig, it was so much fun! 

• Like 2

As for the setlist, I guess mine would be something like this:

1. Dear Jealousy

2. Bougez

3. Origin of Love

4. Ice Cream

5. Jane Birkin

6. 30 Secondes

7. Platform Ballerinas

8. Rio

9. Pick up off the floor

10. Karen (82 Rue des Martyrs)

11. Promiseland

12. Good Gone Girl

13. Passager

14. I went to hell last night

15. Touches You

ENCORE 1

16. Je sais que je t'aime

17. Tiny Love

18. Love Today

ENCORE 2

19. Un soleil mal luné

20. Stay High (with balloons and confetti!)

Assuming that more than 20 songs is unrealistic (although I planned in some more slow songs, where Mika and the crowd can relax a bit in between the high energy songs), I think that every night he should exchange one or two of the songs on the setlist above with one or two of these - a different one every time, so it stays surprising. :)

Step with me

All She Wants

Tah Dah

I see you

Oh girl you're the devil

Ordinary Man

Who's gonna love me now

My Interpretation

Stuck in the Middle

J'ai pas envie

No place in Heaven

Well, in fact my setlist is unrealistic anyway because he'd never skip GK and Relax. :mf_rosetinted: And this 2nd list are the songs that I wanted on the setlist as well but threw out to reduce it to 20 :teehee: - but I'd really love him to have some sort of a "joker" song every night that keeps changing, so we can get to hear songs that he played never or rarely or very long ago.

• Like 3

Here's mine, the hardest part was to choose only 24 songs. (the order is not the best, I know :no:)

1. Love Today (it makes a great mood, I think) 

2. Cry

3. Rain

4. Origin Of Love (Mika in the crowd) 

5. Sound Of An Orcherestra

6. Staring at the sun (with amazing lights)

7. Good Guys

8. Underwater (the whole stage is in blue)

9. Jane Birkin (All version of it is perfect)

10. Overrated

11. Feels Like fire

12. Dear Jealusy (jumping, mad Mika)

13. Yo Yo (the remix) 

14. Talk about you (in the dress with the 

15. pieces of mirror) 

16. Apocalypse Calypso (the piano with wings is required) 

17. Tomorrow 

18. 30 secondes (I'm still sad that he didn't perform it in Berlin) 

19. Hurts

20. Touche Touche (Just imagine Mika's dancing during it) 

21. Ice Cream 

Encore:

Promisland (the original version, not the I♥️B's) 

Live Your Life

Relax, Take It Easy 

We Are Golden 

I chose these songs, but in my opinion, every Mika songs deserves a concert. :mikalove:

Edited by Lilla
  • Like 2

On 4/14/2024 at 8:08 PM, mellody said:

As for the setlist, I guess mine would be something like this:

1. Dear Jealousy

2. Bougez

3. Origin of Love

4. Ice Cream

5. Jane Birkin

6. 30 Secondes

7. Platform Ballerinas

8. Rio

9. Pick up off the floor

10. Karen (82 Rue des Martyrs)

11. Promiseland

12. Good Gone Girl

13. Passager

14. I went to hell last night

15. Touches You

ENCORE 1

16. Je sais que je t'aime

17. Tiny Love

18. Love Today

ENCORE 2

19. Un soleil mal luné

20. Stay High (with balloons and confetti!)

Assuming that more than 20 songs is unrealistic (although I planned in some more slow songs, where Mika and the crowd can relax a bit in between the high energy songs), I think that every night he should exchange one or two of the songs on the setlist above with one or two of these - a different one every time, so it stays surprising. :)

Step with me

All She Wants

Tah Dah

I see you

Oh girl you're the devil

Ordinary Man

Who's gonna love me now

My Interpretation

Stuck in the Middle

J'ai pas envie

No place in Heaven

Well, in fact my setlist is unrealistic anyway because he'd never skip GK and Relax. :mf_rosetinted: And this 2nd list are the songs that I wanted on the setlist as well but threw out to reduce it to 20 :teehee: - but I'd really love him to have some sort of a "joker" song every night that keeps changing, so we can get to hear songs that he played never or rarely or very long ago.

Platform Ballerinas live would be sooo fun! It nearly made it on mine!

'Surprise songs' / joker songs would be amazing, then at least I'd get the recordings of the ones I wasn't there for. But it's a lot of work not just for Mika but his band.

On 4/15/2024 at 6:29 PM, Lilla said:

Here's mine, the hardest part was to choose only 24 songs. (the order is not the best, I know :no:)

1. Love Today (it makes a great mood, I think) 

2. Cry

3. Rain

4. Origin Of Love (Mika in the crowd) 

5. Sound Of An Orcherestra

6. Staring at the sun (with amazing lights)

7. Good Guys

8. Underwater (the whole stage is in blue)

9. Jane Birkin (All version of it is perfect)

10. Overrated

11. Feels Like fire

12. Dear Jealusy (jumping, mad Mika)

13. Yo Yo (the remix) 

14. Talk about you (in the dress with the 

15. pieces of mirror) 

16. Apocalypse Calypso (the piano with wings is required) 

17. Tomorrow 

18. 30 secondes (I'm still sad that he didn't perform it in Berlin) 

19. Hurts

20. Touche Touche (Just imagine Mika's dancing during it) 

21. Ice Cream 

I hadn't thought of starting with Love Today, in my opinion it's a late game song but the idea of starting with it is very fun! 

I feel like everyone agrees he needs to perform Tomorrow. <3 

And I hadn't thought of Origin of Love in the crowd, that's an interesting idea! I don't know how it would go down in the UK here, as he really started to fade from popular culture after TBWKTM (brits are stupid). I'm not sure if it's a song everyone knows! But it is a banger.

• Like 1

What a fun idea! I have so many songs of him to write down here but for the moment this is my dream setlist:

Before he is on stage:

Danser entre hommes REMIX (not live) - incredible mood

The show begins:

1. Love today

2. Stuck in the Middle (with his fabulous interaction with the crowd like at parc de princes, 2008)

3. Boum Boum Boum 

4. Dear Jealousy

5. Ice cream

6. Elle me dit

7. Lollipop

8. Rio

9. Talk about You

10. Stardust (feat. Chiara, love to hear this incredibly wonderful Italian version)

11. Lola

12. Lover Boy

13. Dr. John

14. Lonely alcoholic

15. Any other world

16. Blue

17. J’ai pas envie

18. Origin of Love

Encore 1: (MIKA singing higher as even possible)

19. Over my shoulder

20. Pick Up Off The Floor (my absolutely favourite)

Encore 2:

21. I went to hell last night

22. There’s no place in Heaven 

Encore 3: (MIKA probably already in his pyjamas)

Sound of an orchestra

To leave the venue in a happy mood:

YoYo REMIX (not live)

To stay spicy, he should replace on of the songs with one of the QueTateFleurisseToujours album at every gig of my imagined tour.

Edited by Ax07
  • Like 2