Design your dream Mika setlist!

All the talk about the Apocalypse Calypso setlist (particularly those in the non-French shows!) had me thinking that it would be really fun to design what our dream set lists would look like!

Rules:

• You can include anything he's released
  • It doesn't have to be for this tour, but feel free to do that if you'd like (i.e. I think he should have included a couple more French songs, but they also don't make my list of songs I really want to hear him sing).
  • I'm not gonna hard cap the amount of songs, but whilst many of our ideal setlists would be a Taylor Swift-level 4 hour Eras Tour, listing every single song in his discography isn't in the spirit of things!
  • I would be interested in thinking about the flow rather than only a list of songs if you're interested! (Mine is probably going to be wrong, because I am not a person who makes setlists for a living).
  • Feel free to add special guests if you want!

Here's mine to get you all started:

1. Bougez (because I'm bitter about not getting it in Manchester)

2. Touches You

3. All She Wants (he never would out of respect to his Mum which I respect, but goddamn I wish he would because it's one of my all time faves. If he ever /has/ performed it live and I missed it, please send a link).

4. Tomorrow

5. Relax, Take it Easy

6. Good Wife

7. Rain

8. Big Girl (You are Beautiful) (This isn't one of my favourite songs of his to listen to, but it is incredibly fun live, the atmosphere of him running through the crowd was great and it got people really pumped.)

9. Love You When I'm Drunk

10. Good Guys

11. Tiny Love

12. Good Gone Girl

13. Happy Ending

14. By The Time (ft Imogen Heap, I would die on the spot honestly, yes I know this is a deep cut but this is my fantasy set list)

15. Grace Kelly

Encore:

16. Talk About You

17. Origin of Love

18. We Are Golden

anyway justice for no place in heaven really my ideal setlist is he just plays that entire album including bonus tracks and apparently I'm also a BWNTM stan who knew

• Like 5

Sometimes I think it's easier to list the songs you don't want to hear :naughty:

Personally I would like to excuse Mika from doing Grace Kelly, Big Girl, Billy Brown and We Are Golden.

I'd have to work on my ideal setlist though

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Just now, silver said:

Sometimes I think it's easier to list the songs you don't want to hear :naughty:

Personally I would like to excuse Mika from doing Grace Kelly, Big Girl, Billy Brown and We Are Golden.

Haha, I hear you! Maybe because I hadn't seen him live before, I was happy to hear them! But there was more emphasis on Life in Cartoon Motion than I would have liked. I'd like to excuse him from singing Lollipop for the rest of his life, that's basically the only song on his discography I have never liked (although I confess I did still enjoy it live because he made it fun).

The ideal setlist requiring a bit of thought is what makes it fun, though! So many to choose from...

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Fleeples said:

All She Wants (he never would out of respect to his Mum which I respect, but goddamn I wish he would because it's one of my all time faves. If he ever /has/ performed it live and I missed it, please send a link).

I don't want to give you false hope but if I'm not mistaken, I remember singing him All She Wants in some TV show before releasing NPIH... But I think it was just a short snippet, not the entire song. It's also one of my faves.

Now my dream setlist (the order is a bit random tbh):

1. Relax (to set the mood, everyone knows it and it's really great live)

2. Tah Dah (I doubt he still knows about the song :teehee:)

3. Sanremo 

4. Good Wife

5. All She Wants

6. Pick Up Off the Floor

7. I See You 

8. Blame It on the Girls

9. Rain

10. Hurts

11. Les Baisers Perdus

12. Moi, Andy et Paris

13. 30 secondes

14. Je sais que je t'aime 

15. Jane Birkin

16. Boum Boum Boum 

17. Good Guys

18. Tiny Love 

19. Dear Jealousy

20. We Are Golden

(I guess more songs would be a bit unrealistic but I realized there are hardly any TOOL songs... But tbh, it's my least favourite album so it makes sense. I also preferred songs I haven't heard live so far - from this list, I've only heard 8 songs live)

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Fleeples said:

All She Wants (he never would out of respect to his Mum which I respect, but goddamn I wish he would because it's one of my all time faves. If he ever /has/ performed it live and I missed it, please send a link)

I'm the biggest All She Wants stan as well and as far as I'm aware he has never performed it and the closest we got was this preview he gave:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, silver said:

It is the absolute truth it is easier to make the list of the songs you don't want to hear :lmfao:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

I'm the biggest All She Wants stan as well and as far as I'm aware he has never performed it and the closest we got was this preview he gave:

He looks so cute on that video :wub2:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

I have seen that! I think he points at his mum in that video as well :crybaby:

Maybe when enough time has passed, he'll feel able to perform that live for real.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, silver said:

I agree even though I'm fine with BB and WAG and would instead include Lollipop and (please please don't hate me but I've never enjoyed it that much) Underwater. And probably EMD. Just because I would prefer other French songs like the new ones or BBB. 

2 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I agree even though I'm fine with BB and WAG and would instead include Lollipop and (please please don't hate me but I've never enjoyed it that much) Underwater. And probably EMD. Just because I would prefer other French songs like the new ones or BBB. 

Lollipop hater club unite! :P 

• Haha 2

My dream setlist is technically ANY Mika songs I could actually have the opportunity to hear live at this point :lol: 

I worked on one of these a couple of weeks ago for my Instagram story, but I'm sure it will turn out different this time:

1. Bougez

2.  Origin of Love

3. Dear Jealousy

4. Tiny Love

5.  Heroes

6. Stardust

7. Jane Birkin

8. Oh Girl You're The Devil

9. Lollipop (It was my Mika discovery song and I want to hear it live, even if others aren't so happy with it anymore!)

10. Promiseland

11. Tomorrow (My always-lifts-my-mood song)

12. Ordinary Man

13. One Foot Boy

14. Touche touche

15. By The Time

16. Rio

17. Platform Ballerinas

18. Touches You

19. Good Wife

20. My Interpretation

21. Passager (This song makes me cry and gives me the chills, it's the perfect album closer and I'd love it as a concert closer, too)

Encore:

1. We Are Golden

2. Happy Ending

3. Good Guys

I was going to do 20 but I just couldn't choose :biggrin2: It really is EXTREMELY hard to choose. I tried to get into flow a little bit but I haven't been to enough live events in my life to be good at it, honestly.

(Definitely agree that I'd prefer a Taylor Swift-length concert! I would also take a NPIH- or QTTFT-exclusive concert because they're my favorite albums.)

The only songs I wouldn't care to ever have at a concert (even though I've never been to a Mika concert) are probably Grace Kelly and Big Girl (You are Beautiful). I feel like I've already heard them too much.

Edited by linzijay
Changed a couple of words
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, linzijay said:

21. Passager (This song makes me cry and gives me the chills, it's the perfect album closer and I'd love it as a concert closer, too)

How could I forget about this one! Also Promiseland, if possible together with Mashrou Leila! (22 songs aren't too much, are they? :teehee:)

Definitely agree that I'd prefer a Taylor Swift-length concert! I would also take a NPIH- or QTTFT-exclusive concert because they're my favorite albums.

I agree, NPIH is definitely my favourite album too and currently I really enjoy QTTFT and would love to hear more songs from it live (not only in France)!

The only songs I wouldn't care to ever have at a concert (even though I've never been to a Mika concert) are probably Grace Kelly and Big Girl (You are Beautiful). I feel like I've already heard them too much.

Also agree, I've been to gigs and GK, BG and tbh even Lollipop are the ones I'm not really looking forward anymore that much because I've heard them too many times. But at least GK is a must.

Btw, of course I still want Mika to visit the crowd, but with a different song than BG, maybe Relax or Rain? 

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 2

This is harder than I thought it would be and my ideal setlist can easily change because there are so many of Mika's songs I would love to hear live!

This is my list for the moment:

1. Bougez (with English lyrics)
2. Relax
3. Origin of Love (a version similar to the one he did on Casa Mika)
4. Love You When I'm Drunk
5. Billy Brown
6. Lollipop 
7. Blue Eyes 
8. Sweetie Banana
9. Feels Like Fire
10. No Time to Leave
11. No Place in Heaven
12. Underwater
13. Boum Boum Boum
14. Tiny Love
15. Dr. John
16. Love Today
17. Doucement

18. Apocalypse Calypso

19. We are Golden or Stardust

Encore: 

1. Touches You
2. Moi, Andy et Paris
3. Rain 
4. C'est la Vie

• Like 3

22 songs seems like a good length otherwise we'd be there all night.

2. Tomorrow
3. Cry
4. Elle Me Dit (but with English lyrics he did once in 2011, not Emily)
5. Touches You
6. Overrated (dancey version)
7. No Place in Heaven
8. C'est la Vie
9. One Foot Boy
10. No Time to Leave
11. Origin of Love
12. Good Wife
13. 30 Secondes
14. Tah Dah
15. Overrated (yes, again! slower this time)
16. Happy Ending
17. Dear Jealousy
18. Stardust (dancey like the album)

Encore: 

1. Promiseland
2. Relax
3. Love Today
4. Passager

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kreacher said:

22 songs seems like a good length otherwise we'd be there all night.

2. Tomorrow
3. Cry
4. Elle Me Dit (but with English lyrics he did once in 2011, not Emily)
5. Touches You
6. Overrated (dancey version)
7. No Place in Heaven
8. C'est la Vie
9. One Foot Boy
10. No Time to Leave
11. Origin of Love
12. Good Wife
13. 30 Secondes
14. Tah Dah
15. Overrated (yes, again! slower this time)
16. Happy Ending
17. Dear Jealousy
18. Stardust (dancey like the album)

Encore: 

1. Promiseland
2. Relax
3. Love Today
4. Passager

I completely forgot Overrated and Tah Dah on mine! I’d add Tah Dah to my encore and swap out Lollipop for Overrated (any version) 😁

Edited by linzijay
Fixed a typo as usual

9 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

Btw, of course I still want Mika to visit the crowd, but with a different song than BG, maybe Relax or Rain? 

I feel like I’d like a crowd visit with a newer song (not that a huge audience would probably appreciate that in real life), but I’m not sure which one. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

This is harder than I thought it would be and my ideal setlist can easily change because there are so many of Mika's songs I would love to hear live!

This is my list for the moment:

2. Relax
3. Origin of Love (a version similar to the one he did on Casa Mika)
4. Love You When I'm Drunk
5. Billy Brown
6. Lollipop 
7. Blue Eyes 
8. Sweetie Banana
9. Feels Like Fire
10. No Time to Leave
11. No Place in Heaven
12. Underwater
13. Boum Boum Boum
14. Tiny Love
15. Dr. John
16. Love Today
17. Doucement

18. Apocalypse Calypso

19. We are Golden or Stardust

Encore: 

1. Touches You
2. Moi, Andy et Paris
3. Rain 
4. C'est la Vie

I really want to hear Apocalypse Calypso live so I'm putting it after Doucement! :biggrin2:

And because the songs were hard to choose I've done a second setlist that I think is suitable for a more intimate concert setting:

1. Rain (acoustic version)
2. Grace Kelly (acoustic version)
3. Lady Jane
4. Blue
5. Passager
6. Ice Cream (version similar to the one he did at Versailles)
7. Dear Jealousy
8. Hurts
9. Sanremo
10. Toy Boy
11. Over My Shoulder
12. Jane Birkin
13. C'est la Vie (an acoustic version would be awesome!)
14. Good Wife
15. Good Guys
16. Tah Dah
17. Love Today (acoustic version)

Encore:
1. Last Party
2. Je sais que je t'aime (with a choir!)

• Like 3

It was really hard to write just around 20 songs, so I actually had to think really hard about this setlist and I'm not even sure that I'd be completely satisfied with it 5 minutes later, but here it is:

1. Toy Boy (Origin tour version with that mysterious sounding Glockenspiel (?) intro and outro)

2. Relax (with the Apocalypse Calypso tour intro, with piano and sing-along at the end)

3. My Interpretation (with piano)

4. Tiny Love (with piano)

5. Step With Me (Heaven Tour version)

6. Talk About You

7. Big Girl (in the crowd)

8. Rain (Heaven version with more or less acoustic first verse)

9. Jane Birkin (with the Apocalypse intro)

10. Popular (Apocalypse Calypso version)

11. Moi, Andy et Paris

12. 30 Secondes (with piano; maybe in English)

12. Origin Of Love (with the latin intro used on several tours)

13. Apocalypse Calypso (with the Apocalypse intro)

14. Good Guys

15. Billy Brown (with piano; Heaven Tour version with the sax intro)

16. Grace Kelly (with piano; Heaven version with acoustic first verse)

17. Happy Ending (Apocalypse Version)

Encore 1

18. Love Today (Apocalypse version)

Encore 2

19. Promiseland (the original, not the Beirut version)

20. We Are Golden (Imaginariun version with the intro)

Bonus (in his pajamas 😂)

20 +1: Last Party 

20 +2: Over My Shoulder (with piano)

-------

In conclusion, I don't speak french, so I'll always prefer his english songs, but I had to include some french songs as well, because I wanted to represent all the albums and these french songs are the best IMO (and if he really wants to include french songs on the festival/UK setlists as well, then it really shouldn't be EMD or BBB... 😒 or maybe the non-official 'She Tells Me' to change it up a little /wich is much better than Emily/). And I'd (clearly 😂) prefer if he played the piano more.

-------

And my dream band for this show would be:

MIKA - vocals, piano 

Tim Van Der Kuil - musical director, guitar, backing vocals

Max Taylor - bass, keyboard, backing vocals

Wouter Van Tornhout - drums

Curtis Stansfield - piano, keyboard, saxophone, backing vocals

Edited by Péhl Tamás
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Péhl Tamás said:

MIKA - vocals, piano 

Tim Van Der Kuil - musical director, guitar, backing vocals

Max Taylor - bass, keyboard, backing vocals

Wouter Van Tornhout - drums

Curtis Stansfield - piano, keyboard, saxophone, backing vocals

Ha. Now that we're talking about that, I'd love the band to be Tim or Martin on guitar, Jimmy on bass, Cherisse on drums and Mitch or Luke on keyboard. :lol3:

On the setlist I'll have to think a bit. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Oh, what a fun idea ! Hard, but fun! 

So here is mine, in no particular order: 

1. Relax (I would place it first, like it was the case in my first concerts)

2. Tomorrow (I loved it so much in the Revelation Tour) 

3. Tiny Love (same) 

4. I see you  ( I heard it only one time live and I was a crying mess) 

5. My Interpretation (because it's the only song from LICM i didn't hear, and unfortunately, it's also one of my fav) And those three last would be great with the piano !)

6. Promiseland (we said "dream"...)

7. Jane Birkin (he can sing it as much he wants in France, I'm definitely in love... La, la, la...)

8. Good Guys

9. Origin of love

10. Underwater (I love to be a star...) 

11. Overrated (Neither version... But a mix of the two would be perfect !)

12. No place in heaven

13.  JSQJT (I imagine he will sing it in Orange, and I absolutely wants someone to register it if that's the case)

14. All she wants

15. Stardust

16. Happy Ending (I admit it would be hard to imagine a concert without it)

17. Passager (I loved 30 secondes, but I prefered add a song he never sang live. And it's one of my favorites)

18. Good Wife

19. Love Today (I adore when I think I can't dance anymore and then, there's this super-long Love Today that comes and I start again and feel more alive than ever)

And for the Encore

20. Hurts (I could not survive it, though... )

21. WAG (for me, this ending is just perfect, so I keep it, but honestly the succession AOW/WAG was perfect for me, so it's really because I never heard Hurts in live)

• Like 4

On 4/12/2024 at 7:33 PM, linzijay said:

I feel like I’d like a crowd visit with a newer song (not that a huge audience would probably appreciate that in real life), but I’m not sure which one. 

He went in the crowd for Jane Birkin tonight! Has he been spying on MFC again? :naughty:

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, mellody said:

He went in the crowd for Jane Birkin tonight! Has he been spying on MFC again? :naughty:

Then he should've been spying a little bit earlier! :ph34r::lol3:

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2024 at 2:40 AM, linzijay said:

(Definitely agree that I'd prefer a Taylor Swift-length concert! I would also take a NPIH- or QTTFT-exclusive concert because they're my favorite albums.)

I'm loving all the NPIH love on this thread. It's the album that turned me from a casual enjoyer into a full throttle fan. It's so good and so underappreciated, and I'm so mad at my past self for not going to that concert (I was too shy to go to things like that alone at the time).

On 4/12/2024 at 8:57 AM, giraffeandy said:

I think Rain is almost too sad for a crowd visit, Relax could be fun (but his little jump on stage for Relax was amazing aha)! I never ever would've put Big Girl on my set list before seeing him live the other week, but his crowd visit was so fun (I appreciate so much that he came all the way up to the balcony too, not many artists would). I do think that the crowd visit should be for a song everyone including casual enjoyers knows.

On 4/12/2024 at 8:37 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

I really want to hear Apocalypse Calypso live so I'm putting it after Doucement! :biggrin2:

Encore:
1. Last Party
2. Je sais que je t'aime (with a choir!)

Last Party as an encore would be so fun!

14 hours ago, Presci1108 said:

Oh, what a fun idea ! Hard, but fun! 

So here is mine, in no particular order: 

1. Relax (I would place it first, like it was the case in my first concerts)

2. Tomorrow (I loved it so much in the Revelation Tour) 

3. Tiny Love (same) 

4. I see you  ( I heard it only one time live and I was a crying mess) 

5. My Interpretation (because it's the only song from LICM i didn't hear, and unfortunately, it's also one of my fav) And those three last would be great with the piano !)

6. Promiseland (we said "dream"...)

7. Jane Birkin (he can sing it as much he wants in France, I'm definitely in love... La, la, la...)

8. Good Guys

9. Origin of love

10. Underwater (I love to be a star...) 

11. Overrated (Neither version... But a mix of the two would be perfect !)

12. No place in heaven

13.  JSQJT (I imagine he will sing it in Orange, and I absolutely wants someone to register it if that's the case)

14. All she wants

15. Stardust

16. Happy Ending (I admit it would be hard to imagine a concert without it)

17. Passager (I loved 30 secondes, but I prefered add a song he never sang live. And it's one of my favorites)

18. Good Wife

19. Love Today (I adore when I think I can't dance anymore and then, there's this super-long Love Today that comes and I start again and feel more alive than ever)

I was so close to putting Promiseland on mine too, I love that song but I felt like it was turning into a NPIH setlist...I see you live would also be amazing... And I love that others want to hear Good Wife.

14 hours ago, mellody said:

Ahaha is he known to do this? Maybe he'll hear that we want more new songs and grant our wish next tour! 

Edited by Fleeples
  • Like 3

Oh Gosh.. now my playlist:

Bougez

Relax

Le Coeur holiday

Tomorrow

Last Party

Heroes

Starring at the sun

good wife

Happy Ending

Sweetie Banana

Bolero feat Babyk

Bella d'estate feat Michele Bravi

Moi Andy et Paris

Underwater

Rain

blue

Paloma

Happy Ending

My interpretation

Porcelain

Boum Boum Boum

Last Party

Statdust

30 secondes 

Apocalypse Calypso

Passager

Touche Touche

C'est la vie 

Edited by Paoletta
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fleeples said:

Ahaha is he known to do this? Maybe he'll hear that we want more new songs and grant our wish next tour! 

If you're ever bored and want to skim through the 188 pages of this random chat thread where we keep wondering where Mika is (if he's not on tour) and sometimes it seems he reads it... :lol3:

Well, you never know, but he said he watches the MFC lives (probably the replay?) and recently in Brussels he said "I see everything", so I do think he has an idea of what's going on, on this forum as well as on social media. Maybe that's why we got Jane Birkin in Berlin. But that he knows doesn't necessarily mean that he listens to us. 😅🙈 I'm sure he's sometimes like :facepalm: and quickly closes the app when he sees some of the things his fans write. :lmfao:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2