Doubt over Mika's past?

jfung79

I just saw a little mention on some website somewhere (will need to look for it again if no one else has seen it), that no one at the U.S. Embassy in Kuwait remembers anything like Mika's dad being held hostage, so people are saying Mika made the story up! Has anyone heard anything more about this?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday's Daily Mirror said Mika's father was a millionaire. Not that we believe more than about half a per cent of what's written there.

See HERE

Not seen that mentioned previously - but I would doubt it's true, otherwise why would Mika have taken out a student loan to fund his recordings in Florida?

CW.

He did say on the Popworld interview that he lived in the basement flat of his parents house. And I think, seeing the pictures of his front door and window, that it looks quite pretty, I am assuming that it is his front door and window.

His School yearbooks and sleevenotes from the Vaughan Williams recording all say "Mica".

Only this last report say "Michael Holbrook"... well if the Daily Mirror says so. HA!!

Same report also says the family moved to London 16 years aso... well as he moved to London when he was 9, so that would make him 25 now. Well done Daily Mirror!!

CW.

• 1 month later...
btw Is there a lot of MIKA hype in Lebanon?

There was a Mika hype here in Lebanon since October (when we first started hearing "Take It Easy" on the radios, in the malls, etc..), but still it is not as much as the hype on other International Lebanese artists (like Shakira or MASSARI).. or the local artists...

but his fame is increasing greatly lately... specially with lots of airplay of Grace Kelly and Lollipop, and his new album coming out and all...

....he should really pop back to his home country one day....

I think I read/seen article where he said he was born Michael same as his father then it shortened to Mica. but people kept pronouncing (Mee-sha) as in Mica Paris so changed the c to a k and here became the MIKA we all know.

As for his father being a millionaire-yes to live where they live he would have to be. His father deals with finance on the large monetary scale not your usual bank manager as some reports make out.

I think with having 5 kids his parents would have to take the stand of helping the kids when really necessary but then they have to find their own footing in life and not rely on others they made sure all the kids got a proper education in the top schools thats why MiKA was allegedly a waiter so not getting hand outs. The experience is suppose to make you stronger.

My parents did the same and there was only two of us life is hard!!

xx

if its true as it seems to be that they own a house in west london they are already millionaires and more! And his parents put 5 kids through private school, isnt that right?. I read that it was a struggle for them but they considered it so important. you could not do that unless you are seriously loaded, no matter how much you wanted to. one kid for a year in an average private school is in the region of £20,000 x times by years spent in school , then by 5 kids:shocked: :boxed:

I wouldnt be suprised if he's a billionaire at the very least:naughty: :thumb_yello:

just reads daisy lou and she is spot on:thumb_yello:

Yesterday's Daily Mirror said Mika's father was a millionaire. Not that we believe more than about half a per cent of what's written there.

See HERE

Not seen that mentioned previously - but I would doubt it's true, otherwise why would Mika have taken out a student loan to fund his recordings in Florida?

CW.

If you took out a student loan and invested it in a high interest account you'd make money! In this country anyway. It just makes financial sense to have one cause the interest you have to pay on repayments is equal to inflation(non profit making) and if you never earn over £20,000 or there abouts you never have to pay it back:naughty:

He did say on the Popworld interview that he lived in the basement flat of his parents house. And I think, seeing the pictures of his front door and window, that it looks quite pretty, I am assuming that it is his front door and window.

Where'd you see the pictures?