Newcastle Meet Up, What did you all think!? (includes photos)

Angelic

Right ... well by rights, I shouldn't really be on here just yet ... cos Jane and I got back to my place (near Scarborough!) at lunchtime-ish, Jane hasn't long left to drive back to Hull ... and I have loads to do here after being away for the weekend, but I gave in to temptation!!!

So great to meet everyone last night, Nic do you remember me this morning? :blush-anim-cl::wink2: . All the lovely people in the pub:

Sister Jane who travelled up with me, Andi and Ali, Freddie, Hannah and her friend Amy, Gothy, Helen and Emma, Liz and Tracy with her MUSE knickers!, Claire and her sister, and anyone else whose names I have forgotten (I blame the lager :wink2: ), Nic and her friend, also the 2 girls at the front in front of me and Nic, you were great!

Support band were fantastic, well worth checking out on myspace (which I haven't done yet cos I've only just got home), Raiyn were helping Leon Jean-Marie out by backing him while he was supporting Mika (everyone still keeping up, so far? Good!!).

We chatted to some of the members of Raiyn: Adam, Rick and Pete (the drummer) - they were a fantastic support, one of the best supports I have EVER seen and I will definitely buy their album when it comes out. Plus Leon is a wonderful singer, anyone who hasn't yet seen this lot, is in for a treat.

Lollipops were given out during the course of the evening and thrown on stage at the end of "Lollipop" - well, it's obligatory, innit!!

Mika was fantastic live, he has a great band and when we went to wait outside the stage door at the back after the gig, I was so pleased when Mika came out and did signings - I got a photo and a kiss (I gave him one first! a kiss, that is!!!).

Mika expressed amazement when he saw our Forum badges and he mentioned Sunny Monkey by name!! Also as mentioned earlier, Mika was impressed with Andi (Angelic Mischieflic) having tickets numbers 1 and 2 - and Jane and I had tickets 3 and 4!!

It was such a good night, a fantastic meetup in the Crow's Nest and an amazing gig. My photos will be uploaded later.

Great to meet everyone, those I knew already and those I met for the first time last night - and aren't the Scissor Sister boardies just lovely??! :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Gill

xx

I will write more later, but Jane and I only got back to the hotel and got in our beds at 1 am - and I woke up at 5 am and never got back to sleep, eeek!

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seen as how everyone took lots of photos thought id start a thread, cos didnt know if to post them in the meet up thread as the gig wasnt really the meet up, blah blah blah! lol...

anywho i took pictures, vids etc on my phone so they are pretty shoddy but my sis has loads on her digicam (i think shes signing up to this forum later as shes not a previous member tut tut! :P)

was a fab night, YEYYYYYY for Mika doing the dance from the Grace Kelly video!!! me and stace have it to perfection :P all the forum members we met were fantastic!

FIRST OFF, Ill post my favourite one, me and Mika :wub2: Totally appreciate him posing for the photo as i know he was short on time!! my sis kinda missed off half his head though hehe still i LOVE IT.

Got pictures with forum members but they also are on my sisters digicam...

post-1095-142983647847_thumb.jpg

post-1095-14298364785_thumb.jpg

post-1095-142983647851_thumb.jpg

post-1095-142983647852_thumb.jpg

post-1095-142983647853_thumb.jpg

and aren't the Scissor Sister boardies just lovely??! :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Hell yes we are. :thumb_yello:

It was indeed lovely to meet everyone I had met before again, and to make new acquaintances! I wonder if Nic is conscious yet? :wink2:

Has any body mentioned us all chanting for him take his trousers off when he kept pulling them up. He said he wouldn't cause his mum was there

and his vibrating piano stool. :naughty:

:shocked: lol.

Was his mum really there? Didn't someone say he said she was at Birmingham as well?

Lozwinter - was it you who took a pic of me with Mika when my bateries ran out.

I cant wait to see it.

Jane

we got a pic of someone with mika, well my sis did... so probably yeah! my sis will be on in about an hour or so and she'll post it up for you. :)

Jane they're fab. Oh, the memories:wub2:

I am having a nightmare transferring mine from the hubby's phone to here

Will def get them on eventually, but it won't be today:thumbdown:

Shame, I have a nice pic of me and Mika:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

lv,andi xxx

have to agree with everybody's posts, was an amazing night! So lovely to meet everybody off the boards, even if i can't remember everybody's names ahem alcohol i think!!

Anyway i never got a picture with Mika, but my friend Amy got one with him, he did sign my album though so i'm happy, and i got to touch his arm lol!!

As said before we got free lollipops but i ended up with a free condom!! lol some guy from the university told me i looked like i'd need one lol, told him i'd be ready for Mika:wink2:

Anyway thanks to everyone who went last night off these boards, really made the night special.

xxxx

have to agree with everybody's posts, was an amazing night! So lovely to meet everybody off the boards, even if i can't remember everybody's names ahem alcohol i think!!

Anyway i never got a picture with Mika, but my friend Amy got one with him, he did sign my album though so i'm happy, and i got to touch his arm lol!!

As said before we got free lollipops but i ended up with a free condom!! lol some guy from the university told me i looked like i'd need one lol, told him i'd be ready for Mika:wink2:

Anyway thanks to everyone who went last night off these boards, really made the night special.

xxxx

Hannah, I forgot about that:naughty: I hope you remembered to dispose of the said article before arriving home:wink2:

lv, andi xxx

well at least you are a beautiful drunken bum:roftl:

Great to meet you last night. Theres a little gig happening in May at Leeds.... many of the Ncle gang going. You up for it?

lv, andi xxx