The Official Freddie Mercury Rememberance Thread

"The little Freedie" was huge, just like my uncle says when it comes to Freedie: "Look at him, listen to him, feel his power... Hout can you doubt that there is a God?"

:blink: Wow....big RESPECT to your uncle, what a words.. :blink: My dad once wondered how such a HUGE Freddie came out from such a tiny island of Zanzibar :blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I need to join you all here!

There was so much power to Freddie, he just amazes me. I can't even explain. Unfortunately, here in the states, hardly anyone (at least in my generation) knows who he is.

The only people I know my age who know who Freddie is is one of my friends whose been listening to Queen since forever (about 6 years ago, me and one of his other friends were at his house and he put on Greatest Hits I, which was my first real introduction to Freddie and Queen, even though I didn't actually begin to listen to them until some months ago) and one of my other friends who I recently alerted to Freddie's awesomefantasticness. :naughty: . But the odd thing is that for the past few years, its been noted that the majority of people who've been buying Queen's Greatest Hits album have been teenagers...so you'd think more people would know who Freddie is... :blink:

Freddie is the most beautiful and unique voice of all times, I don't think there will be one such.

Yeah, I like MIKA'S singing a lot, but if I hadn't heard some of his songs and wouldn't know it's him, I would mistake him for somebody else. And with FREDDIE that wouln't ever happen, I'd hear his song and say: "It's Freddie Mercury."

Yeh I agree it would be very very hard for Freddie to be replaced I not if its even possible for that to happen again

Yeh I agree it would be very very hard for Freddie to be replaced I not if its even possible for that to happen again

umm....I'm a bit ashamed to admit this, but for a long time I thought that it was Freddie doing lead vocals on '39 on A Night At The Opera...I just thought that he was singing really softly to make it sound a bit different...:blink:

The only people I know my age who know who Freddie is is one of my friends whose been listening to Queen since forever (about 6 years ago, me and one of his other friends were at his house and he put on Greatest Hits I, which was my first real introduction to Freddie and Queen, even though I didn't actually begin to listen to them until some months ago)

Yeah, my situation's very similar. One of my friends loves them, because she grew up with Queen from her parents. She has loved them since she was about 9 or so. I got into them about 2 years ago and it totally took off for me, just because it was amazing. But I don't know anyone else under 30 who really knows about Queen or who Freddie is. In the UK, it's totally different (I've heard).

As for "Sail Away Sweet Sister" I always thought that was Freddie in the third verse, no doubt. Is it another part you're talking about? Because I always thought that was obvious. Just curious, I've never even seen that debated before!

Yup, it is the third verse! I am of the opinion that it is definitely Freddie, but there are some fans that are so certain that it is Brian. lol

okay I just listened to it. Its the part where there's a bit of falsetto right? if so, then thats Freddie, 100%. right at the very beginning of that part it sounds like Brian, but falsetto part definitely gives it away as Freddie :naughty: (did Brian ever even use falsetto in his songs?)

umm....I'm a bit ashamed to admit this, but for a long time I thought that it was Freddie doing lead vocals on '39 on A Night At The Opera...I just thought that he was singing really softly to make it sound a bit different...:blink:

Errrr I still do!!!!!:shocked: , is that Bri????

BTW new Queen album this year:thumb_yello: , altough minus the great one

You know, I read in a bio about Fredie (written by Preter Freestone) that Freddie originally wrote "Staying Power" as "****ing Power." Same song, just replacing 'Staying' with '****ing' in all parts of the song. I feel like the song would be so much more amazing if that stuck.

You know, I read in a bio about Fredie (written by Preter Freestone) that Freddie originally wrote "Staying Power" and "****ing Power." Same song, just replacing 'Staying' with '****ing' in all parts of the song. I feel like the song would be so much more amazing if that stuck.

:shocked: :shocked: well we always knew that Freddie was a dirty minded rocker lurking beneath that mustache. :roftl: :roftl:

...maybe thats why thats one of the few songs from Hot Space that I really like (along with Under Pressure and Cool Cat) :thumb_yello:

have you read the biography of freddie written by peter?blessed you I have read only that of jim

unfortunately, I haven't gotten to read either, but I plan on getting both as soon as I can find them (I think they're on backorder or out of print for amazon.com) :thumbdown:

The biography I got is super rare, and I'm lucky I got it. I think it's been out of print for a few years. I got it off Amazon, but it took them like 3 months to find a copy. Try your luck here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FFreddie-Mercury-Peter-Freestone%2Fdp%2F0711986746%3Fie%3DUTF8%26s%3Dbooks%26qid%3D1177275417%26sr%3D8-1&tag=justinsfuture-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325 I think after me, they decided it was too hard to locate and they turned it over to used sellers, haha. Anyway, I've bought some good cond. stuff from used sellers so it's worth a try if you like.

I highly recommend this bio. It talks a lot about the person that Freddie was, both in his music and home life. It's a good mix of the two and it's what really made me love Freddie. From somebody who literally followed his every move, every day for 12 years or so. LOVE this book.

I don't know very much about Freddie...about his private life and soon...

I was little when he died, but now I'm discovering him and his music... I'm late, I know (I'm 21...Mika started to appreciate Queen at 16 :blush-anim-cl: ), but the sensations I feel hearing his voice are so deep that some times I feel lost...

My favourite is Bohemian Rhapsody...but also The Miracle, Barcellona, Under Pressure, The Show Must Go On, Radio Gaga...I can continue all night long...!

I'm shiver when I hear his incredible voice...so wonderful...

Sometimes I tought I would never find a person that could impress me as Freddie did: well...only Mika managed to :wub2:

living.jpg

LIVING ON MY OWN

Words and music by freddie mercury

Sometimes I feel Im gonna break down and cry (so lonely)

Nowhere to go nothing to do with my time

I get lonely so lonely living on my own

Sometimes I feel Im always walking too fast

And everything is coming down on me down on me

I go crazy oh so crazy living on my own

Dee do de de dee do de de

I dont have no time for no monkey business

I get so lonely lonely lonely lonely yeah

Got to be some good times ahead

Sometimes I feel nobody gives me no warning

Find my head is always up in the clouds in a dreamworld

Its not easy living on my own

I've read both Peter Freestone and Jim Hutton's books and I enjoyed both, although at times it really felt like I was going into areas of Freddie's life where I had no business to be. But...what do you expect from personal biographies?

If you are more interested in the Queen side of things, I'd definitely recommend Queen: The Definitive Biography or Queen: The Early Years.

living.jpg

LIVING ON MY OWN

Words and music by freddie mercury

Sometimes I feel Im gonna break down and cry (so lonely)

Nowhere to go nothing to do with my time

I get lonely so lonely living on my own

Sometimes I feel Im always walking too fast

And everything is coming down on me down on me

I go crazy oh so crazy living on my own

Sometimes I feel nobody gives me no warning

Find my head is always up in the clouds in a dreamworld

Its not easy living on my own

I love that song. I have about three different versions of it, too. :punk: :punk: