The Official Freddie Mercury Rememberance Thread

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I couldn't agree more. The Freddie Google Doodle is just amazing! :wub2:

If I could turn back time one of the first things I would do is attend a Queen gig with Freddie...

+1 !!!!!! GOlden words!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Ok, this seriously gave me goosebumbs! :shocked:

[YOUTUBE]dREKkAk628I[/YOUTUBE]

not been in for a while, yes this guy is amazing here, I looked at some other stuff he had done, its not as good, but this song was amazing!!!

hadnt realised the lady gaga you and I song was with brian, very poor if its to be compared to queens haunting 'you and I'...

but i dont mind her..

• 1 month later...

Well.. it's already 24th of November in my country.. The fact is.. it's awfully sad.. 20 years have passed since you passed away.. I haven't seen you in real life.. (obviously) but I miss you.. =( So.. I think that these would be the two songs for today.. Atleast for me... I will always love you !

[YOUTUBE]4PfSBtWFaJ0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]9zlkNvEeUok[/YOUTUBE]

We'll always remember you, King ! :huglove:

1205594547-1.jpg

Oh Angi, these songs are the saddest... I was never able to listen to them without pain, and combining them with the today's date...it's 20 years already - I can't believe it. I started to listen Queen in 1992, but it was the cassette without name, so I didn't even had a clear idea who is singing. And I became a huge fan in 1993. So, i'm a Queen fan almost 20 years - God, how old I am!! :shocked::shocked::shocked:

Oh Angi, these songs are the saddest... I was never able to listen to them without pain, and combining them with the today's date...it's 20 years already - I can't believe it. I started to listen Queen in 1992, but it was the cassette without name, so I didn't even had a clear idea who is singing. And I became a huge fan in 1993. So, i'm a Queen fan almost 20 years - God, how old I am!! :shocked::shocked::shocked:

That's sweet,baby. =) Unfortunately I'm a fan for a year.. But still.. It counts ! And yes, these songs ARE the saddest

Rest in Peace, Freddie dear!

freddie-mercury.jpg

Can't believe it's already 20 years since he passed away! I've been a fan since I can remember, and I was 7 when it happened. I remember watching the news on TV, and my dad calling me and saying "You know who died? Freddie, from Queen". It didn't get me as it did a few years later, but I was kinda shocked with the news anyway.

Miss you, King Mercury! :wub2:

He was so early, was very sad :tears: I remember this horrible day :mf_rosetinted:

I'm a fan of Queen since the beginning, grew up watching the famous clips and his unforgettable songs that always impressed me too, my comments about the amazing Freddie are dispensable just miss him :wub2:

[YOUTUBE]ZyVXFpD4k_s[/YOUTUBE]

He was so early, was very sad :tears: I remember this horrible day :mf_rosetinted:

I'm a fan of Queen since the beginning, grew up watching the famous clips and his unforgettable songs that always impressed me too, my comments about the amazing Freddie are dispensable just miss him :wub2:

[YOUTUBE]ZyVXFpD4k_s[/YOUTUBE]

Wow I always get goosebumps when I see someone commanding an audience like that. We don't have stadiums in Canada so I've never been to a concert anywhere near that size. Amazing.

I wasn't a "fan" of Queen the way I am of Mika but they were such a huge part of my childhood. I was only 7 years old but I remember the moment I first heard Bohemian Rhapsody as well as the moment I first heard Grace Kelly.

The Game came out at a very pivotal time in my life and my entire class was listening to it all year. Every Queen song I know, I love, and they each bring back a flood of memories. Freddie touched the world of music like no other.

I'm from Barcelona and always will remember the song and duet Freddie did with Montserrat Caballé because the Olympic Games....today I'm still ecxcited when listen that song.... Unfortunately Freddie died one year before the Olimpic Games:tears:

I never will forget you Freddie :wub2:

[YOUTUBE]IHRd0R-uKHc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Mikasister

Freddie in LEGO!

"Fried Chicken!" - A tribute to Freddie Mercury

'The 20th anniversary of the death of Freddie Mercury inspired Iain Heath (Ochre Jelly) to build a likeness of

the Queen singer in LEGO. He unveiled it in a post about Mercury’s life and accomplishments.

This figure inspired this post, because I marveled at how a LEGO artist could take a set of preformed blocks

and choose just the right ones to set in the right places in order to recreate a human figure we all recognize,

apart and separate from the many human figures we see every day. Image by Flickr user Iain Heath.'

Read the full text here: http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/108823#ixzz1fNX5BeFl

--brought to you by mental_floss!

Edited by A. Clay

Freddie+Mercury.jpg

Freddie in LEGO!

"Fried Chicken!" - A tribute to Freddie Mercury

'The 20th anniversary of the death of Freddie Mercury inspired Iain Heath (Ochre Jelly) to build a likeness of

the Queen singer in LEGO. He unveiled it in a post about Mercury’s life and accomplishments.

This figure inspired this post, because I marveled at how a LEGO artist could take a set of preformed blocks

and choose just the right ones to set in the right places in order to recreate a human figure we all recognize,

apart and separate from the many human figures we see every day. Image by Flickr user Iain Heath.'

Read the full text here: http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/108823#ixzz1fNX5BeFl

--brought to you by mental_floss!

Thank you for posting! It is cool!