The Official Freddie Mercury Rememberance Thread

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

found the article:

Borat To Play Freddie Mercury, McCartney Recruits Portman, Busta Better Armed Than Our Troops

5/4/07, 9:19 am EST

14409240-14409242-large.jpg

So, it looks like none other than Sacha Baron Cohen will be playing Freddie Mercury in the forthcoming Queen biopic. “Sachaloves the idea he can get away with playing Freddie after modeling Borat’s look on him,” said a source close to the project.

First Dylan recruited Scarlett Johannson for his sensuous video for “When The Deal Goes Down,” now Paul McCartney has scored his own It-girl young actress for his new video. Natalie Portman will apparently star in the video for “Dancing Tonight,” McCartney’s first single off his new album Memory Almost Full.

Nas cancelled the San Diego stop on his current tour after he and Kelis encountered what he called “racist” employees at the House of Blues. “We came to the club, all excited,” Nas said. “[We] go to the venue and they ain’t let me in. I was outside with my wife and they treated us like terrorists. It was a little racist and we just don’t tolerate that. I just want everybody to know, don’t tolerate any form of racism.”

Eve will be brought up on charges today stemming from her drunk driving accident last week in L.A.

In other arrest-related news, Busta was apparently driving a $225,000 armored SUV when he was pulled over yesterday for having overly tinted windows, then arrested because police smelled alcohol on his breath. He’s due back in court next week to deal with the charges."

Rolling Stone

>.<

As this is a remembrance thread, let me share with you something that is more appropriate than discussing if Borat would make a good Freddie ( I personally think it’s a joke:sneaky2: ).

You might have heard of Maurice Béjart, a choreographer and ballet director who died last week at the age of 80.

What you might not have heard of is that 10 years ago he created Le Presbytère (Ballet or Life), a ballet to the music of Queen and Mozart, dedicated to those who had died young, especially from Aids. It is a synthesis of different arts – music, dance, and fashion performance and was performed for the first time in January 1997 with Gianni Versace creating the costumes for it.

Here is a taster and I will place the rest on the Queeniac thread.

found the article:

Borat To Play Freddie Mercury, McCartney Recruits Portman, Busta Better Armed Than Our Troops

5/4/07, 9:19 am EST

14409240-14409242-large.jpg

So, it looks like none other than Sacha Baron Cohen will be playing Freddie Mercury in the forthcoming Queen biopic. “Sachaloves the idea he can get away with playing Freddie after modeling Borat’s look on him,” said a source close to the project.

I'm pretty sure that the Borat guy isn't going to be playing Freddie. The Hollywood folks who are behind the film (I've heard that Robert DeNiro is one major source of support for this biopic) wouldn't allow it, and if they plan on having a Queen Productions approved movie, then they had better look elsewhere, and from the looks, of it, Johnny Depp is the one who the role will go to, unless they go in a completely different direction and pick an unknown actor in the lead with veteran actors in support roles. :thumb_yello: