Mika telling us to eff ourselves ?!?!

sunshine931

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, just in case, did you post one taking it back? That'll calm your nerves!

Yeah I did and I wrote him a PM too... hope he reads it... though I doubt he will, he must get tons of these and he is super busy... but there, even if he doesn't read it, I do feel better since I officialy took it back on his myspace !

Well done!

I'm pretty sure he will definitely not read them while still on tour. Maybe when he gets back home and settles down for a while he'll catch up. He's a self-proclaimed "internet freak" after all!

I'm going to go to sleep! I open the store tomorrow and am thus waking up at 5:30am! I will add you on myspace, sunshine931!

Good night!

Guest the_hero1985

Hello,

Since everyone is talking about the Freddie Mercury attitude Mika has. I think he was only joking when he said that.

Freddie Mercury was also a person who would like to shock the crowd in a way (Live at Wembley 1986 "F**k You") I think audiences all over the world react differently to this sort of jokes. British people for instance don't mind the swearing. North America is not very fond of swearing.

Anyway to make a short story long,

I think he was only joking but the crowd didn't understand it, which is not their fault of course.

the words in the youtube description are what he said, from what i heard that night.

but i'm sure it's being misinterpreted!

no artist would ever publicly diss their previous audiences like that.

i'm definite that when telling them to "eff off", mika was referring to the people who had told him that toronto was sh**- not the whole montreal audience.

also, artists like to make their audiences feel good! and mika deffo did that with that comment! but there was no hostility shown between toronto and montreal.

i'm sure everyone in the club took it as saying that he was dissing the people who had made bad comments about toronto, not the population itself.

at least, that's what i got from being there!

Yes, I TOtaly agree you raha! I think Mika just wanted to say that it`s wrong what thoese other peoples said about Toronto. - I`m sure he simply wanted to say - you ARE a good auditory. Really, NOONE would say that their fans sucks, Mika just didn`t choose the right words to say that... :thumb_yello:

Hello,

Since everyone is talking about the Freddie Mercury attitude Mika has. I think he was only joking when he said that.

Freddie Mercury was also a person who would like to shock the crowd in a way (Live at Wembley 1986 "F**k You") I think audiences all over the world react differently to this sort of jokes. British people for instance don't mind the swearing. North America is not very fond of swearing.

I think he was only joking but the crowd didn't understand it, which is not their fault of course.

Yes, I TOtaly agree you raha! I think Mika just wanted to say that it`s wrong what thoese other peoples said about Toronto. - I`m sure he simply wanted to say - you ARE a good auditory. Really, NOONE would say that their fans sucks, Mika just didn`t choose the right words to say that... :thumb_yello:

It's ok everyone everything's settled now it was all just a big misunderstanding... and by the way it was not about the fact he said f**k... in Montréal we don't mind about the swearing at all...

Hello,

You look like a Queen fan!! Are you on the QOL forums? I'm not anymore but posted there for a while... I love Queen!!! :punk:

And yes, the swearing is fine here in North America. I myself think it makes him more real. Plus he doesn't abuse it like the Osbournes, for example, so it's good!

So it's all a misunderstanding! We're all good! We all love each other! Yay!

And yes, the swearing is fine here in North America. I myself think it makes him more real. Plus he doesn't abuse it like the Osbournes, for example, so it's good!

I agree with you... and yes we all love each other !!!

I'm late with all this story and missunderstanding !

I was waiting as you were sunshine after the show and I do remember hearing someone asking him where he was going after and he respond Toronto. That person made a comment like ... Toronto sucks or something like that and I remember him saying : Oh everybody keeps telling me that today !

Yes I have to admit that when I saw the video on youtube it broke my heart cause I though he didn't enjoy Montreal people or something like that. I was shocked and sad.

But if we but this all together ... and Isn't the "Grandes Gueules " who said the same thing on the radio while he was there? Les grandes gueules made an interview with them on radio the day of montreal's show.

Anyway it's over now !!!! Still loves him as much as I did before. I can understand why he said that in Toronto after a lot of people saying bad things about the city. YEsSSS There is a rivality between the city ... Toronto for montrealers have a reputation of not being a city for parties (club closing earlier than ours or something like that) This is not my personal opinion here .. just what we hear from certain people.

Well , hope this helps understand what happened.

Vive Mika .. in Montreal and in Toronto :naughty::punk: :punk:

Pis mon anglais es-tu comprenable les filles ??? :blush-anim-cl:

I was waiting as you were sunshine after the show and I do remember hearing someone asking him where he was going after and he respond Toronto. That person made a comment like ... Toronto sucks or something like that and I remember him saying : Oh everybody keeps telling me that today !

I think people who say that are so immature... doesn't give us a good reputation...

Guest the_hero1985
You look like a Queen fan!! Are you on the QOL forums? I'm not anymore but posted there for a while... I love Queen!!! :punk:

I'm not at QOL anymore.. I'm just a rare poster at QZ as The_Assasinator my more well_known nickname used to be the_hero.... but anywho.. back to Mika ;)

I dont think he was dissing anyone.... :S

You need to have a sense of humour guys!! People always say that Hull is sh*te and everyone here are chavs, but i find it funny!

And people call me a Yarpie cause im from South Africa, its hilarious!!!

Chill out!! Its called a bit of banter with the crowd, all musicians do it.

The whole point of it was

people told him that he shouldnt have played in Montreal first, because Toronto is gonna suck after playing in such a good place, but he found the Toronto crowd worked with him better so he told those people who said that Toronto sucks to go f*** themselves.....

Hes not dissing people from Montreal or saying the Montreal crowd sucked, hes just saying Toronto was better...

Hes not dissing people from Montreal or saying the Montreal crowd sucked, hes just saying Toronto was better...

whoa no i don't think he meant that- wouldn't say anyone was better than the other! that wouldn't be too safe....

er, thought we cleared this up already?

Lol yeah, but what about when Green Day said that Milton Keynes was the best place they ever played, on their live DVD??

None of their American fans kicked up stink. Its a band-crowd banter kind of thing.

Whatevs. Youre all over reacting!! have a sense of humour!!

Lol yeah, but what about when Green Day said that Milton Keynes was the best place they ever played, on their live DVD??

None of their American fans kicked up stink. Its a band-crowd banter kind of thing.

Whatevs. Youre all over reacting!! have a sense of humour!!

I love green day and that DVD , I hope to see them live ...... american idiot is always my ipod gym music! rokin :biggrin2:

What an awesome DVD....

I was bought up on Green Day...been listening to em since i was 4!!!

My brother lives right next to the Milton Keynes bowl so we were listening to 'em in the garden (like proper cheapskates.... but it was sold out before we got a chance to look into buying tix...)

I added you on MSN btw Freddie, hope you dont mind!!

OK I don't know why everyone keep telling us to chill and have a sense of humour and that he didn't mean to diss and everything... if you read the previous posts in the thread, you'll see that all of it was a big misunderstanding, that everything's fine, that we all love Mika and love each other... it'a all settled guys, we don't need to talk about it anymore...

We should maybe close this thread... how do we do that ??

Sunny ?

:thumb_yello: hey there I think someone on the thread told you what he said, but it all started at the beginning of the show he said something along the lines that he was in Montreal, but he was actually at the Toronto show, so I think he was probably just trying to make everyone in Toronto feel better. Don't be upset I don't think was dissing you guys. BTW I was at the Toronto show so that's how I know, this isn't second hand info.