Scissor Sisters Slam Mika

Ms.Mewissa<33

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even the falsetto is different!

Jake Shears's falsetto and Mika's are different in style, I think. To my ears, anyway. And SS have a much funkier, more "produced" sound.

I think it is media stirring and nowt else.

i dont think Mika and SS are alike? I dont like the SS much, they do nothing for me and i find them mediocre, no offence to all you SS fans, we are all diff and so are Mika And SS and freddie....... all musicians have influences and the SS have loads of similarities to old stuff, a load of old gaffewag i think:boxed:

Even the falsetto is different!

Jake Shears's falsetto and Mika's are different in style, I think. To my ears, anyway. And SS have a much funkier, more "produced" sound.

I think it is media stirring and nowt else.

Yes indeed!

I just can't see (or hear) anything in common with Mika and them...

How could I fell in love with Mika's music at once,

and have heard Scissor Sisters for I don't even know how long and never actually liked it if they sounded the same..? :boxed:

i dont think Mika and SS are alike? I dont like the SS much, they do nothing for me and i find them mediocre, no offence to all you SS fans, we are all diff and so are Mika And SS and freddie....... all musicians have influences and the SS have loads of similarities to old stuff, a load of old gaffewag i think:boxed:

Yep nice post , I suppose its nice to be compared but actuallys Mika is very individual

Its seems any artist or that is "high pitched" is compared to Mika , bee gees etc etc

I haven't discussed Mika with my Mum yet but when I eventually do, I just KNOW she will say "OOh, he sounds like the Bee Gees with that high voice!!"....

and I will try not to fume! :naughty:

when my mum, a real Queen fan (she is to "blame" for my Queen-obsession :naughty: ), heard Mika, she was happy with his voice but then she started saying "isn't it that he's trying to simulate Freddie Mercury? "

and I got angry of course! then she changed idea

I wonder what it would happened if she compared him to the Bee Gees...

:shocked:

..and if I read one more review of Stuck in the Middle sounding like Elton John...

Me too.. but you know, Mika has been compared to many artists.

and that's normal, it happens with everyone at the beginning

I'm sure this will stop in a few months!

I can't wait for some new artist to come along and be compared to Mika...

I think that nonsense has to stop, Mika is himself and noone else.! Why can't the press and others get it?

Instead of constantely hammering on the old stories they should take some time and listen to his music properly and listen to some of his interviews, then they would realize that he does not have to borrow and steal....he is unique!

But the pres can be so boring with all her stupid unreal stories! :sneaky2: I`ve allways wanted to say: F**k you! :roftl:

But ok, I`ll take it easssssssssy, Freddie :thumb_yello:

Hey sunshine , I blew at first as it said he didnt want to be compared to freddie mercury either :shocked: , as if he would say that ! , it was the same article me thinks.

:thumb_yello:

I think that this is just the press trying to cause arguments' date=' they may have said that, but not in a nasty way, well I hope not!!! :s :) :s XX[/quote']

The press love a tear up its sells newspapers! , end of the day everyone cant like everyone elses type of music

<Anyone like Neil Diamond?>