Scissor Sisters Slam Mika

Ms.Mewissa<33

O__O

SCISSOR SISTERS have criticised British pop sensation MIKA for "stealing their sound". The GRACE KELLY hitmaker yesterday (26MAR07) branded the group's music "mediocre" - but the Scissor Sister's bassist BABYDADDY admits he can't understand the star's remarks, as the two make comparable tunes. He says, "I haven't spent much time listening to Mika as I see there's a similarity. "The last thing I want to hear is something that sounds a whole lot like us."

Heres the link : http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/scissor%20sisters%20slam%20mika_1026291

I dont really trust that site :/

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they sound that much alike, to be honest. Sure, they sing in falsetto, but so do other artists. Why are they suddenly attacking Mika? Hmmm. I'm just hoping it didn't actually happen and that it is just made up to get some stir from the readers, because Mika doesn't need more people accusing him of stealing again. He's an amazing person and he doesn't deserve all this drama!:blink:

I honestly don't believe that this is true...SS and Mika have a similar sound, and its obvious that he's drawn off of their style somewhat, but not so much as to be ripping off their sound...also, SS are already huge (at least in the UK) so why would they even be worried about Mika becoming successful? :blink:

I heard this on the radio this evening and believe that it's just stirring! Mika's album came out in the US today and it's probably just sad little jurno's making up stories or making mountains out of mole hills!

"SCISSOR SISTERS - they're so mediocre I can't believe it." Pop singer MIKA isn't a fan of the New York band

according to that site mika said that...? hmm.. by far i've only heard him saying positive things about scissor sisters.

Guest the_hero1985
IF it's true that Scissor Sisters said that, it's just because they are too scared of Mika's success. He is getting too big for them to sleep soundly in their beds at night. :naughty:

Exactly! I totally agree

This always seems to happen when you have two artists of a similar ilk. Harks right back to The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, then The Jackson 5 and The Osmonds, Blur and Oasis and so on.

There is always some journo who will do an interview and print it completely out of context, as most artists will testify too, just to get a reaction from the person. These hacks just make a mockery out of any serious journalists out there (there are some, it's a rarity, I know), because in one breath they want to be the artists best friend and ,in the next they'll stab them in the back just to get a good "story".

This is why I always take tabloid journalism with a HUGE pinch of salt. I don't buy newspapers, if I read them at all it's at my sisters or at the takeaway, just for something to do.

I cannot see that either Mika or Babydaddy would feel the need to slag each other off, both seem to have a good head on their shoulders. And isn't it funny that when Mika is out of the country this happens when he isn't around to defend himself!

All I can end with is it must be a slow news day.

"SCISSOR SISTERS - they're so mediocre I can't believe it." Pop singer MIKA isn't a fan of the New York band

according to that site mika said that...? hmm.. by far i've only heard him saying positive things about scissor sisters.

Me too. And I haven't been able to find *where* he's allegedly said this... you know, the original source or interview.

This random quote about Scissor Sisters just seems to have "appeared" -- it hasn't been in ANY of the articles that I've read in the last few weeks, and certainly not in the last few days.

And believe me, I've been reading A LOT! :blink:

It really seems to me that someone is trying to manufacture a public feud between Mika and SS. Unless I can find a reputable source for the quote, I'm not buying it. As a writer I especially hate to see people with questionable journalism standards.:thumbdown:

dcdeb

"I haven't spent much time listening to Mika as I see there's a similarity.

"The last thing I want to hear is something that sounds a whole lot like us."

Am I the only one who doesn't see anything bad in these comments??

I don't feel like they're slamming Mika at all... O_o

Am I the only one who doesn't see anything bad in these comments??

I don't feel like they're slamming Mika at all... O_o

no you're not :blink: don't see anything bad in it at all :blink: I mean the "worst" I can read in that is that he wouldn't listen to their own music either :naughty:

Well i don't think this is exactly true..but if it is, it's silly to claim yours a certain sound..cause SS is like 70s or 80s, and it's not totally their sound! As my_rainbow_radio said, the only thing they have in common is singing in falsetto, but that's all!

MY RAINBOW RADIO, love your signature! I feel like a freak already!:roftl: And I'm proud of it! :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

i love it too! seems someone should make an aphorism collection from mika's interviews :D

To be sincere, I really don't care WHO said WHAT

"competition" or even "hate" between artists and bands has always existed, and if it's true that Scissors Sisters accused Mika to sound too much like them it's because he's someone that can be (he is to my opinion) much better than them.. that's all

and maybe only the press is to blame for this

To be sincere, I really don't care WHO said WHAT

"competition" or even "hate" between artists and bands has always existed, and if it's true that Scissors Sisters accused Mika to sound too much like them it's because he's someone that can be (he is to my opinion) much better than them.. that's all

and maybe only the press is to blame for this

He is much better than them in my opinion , then again some article yesterday was threaded saying he didnt want to be compared to Freddie :wink2:

Hiya Mika!

He is much better than them in my opinion , then again some article yesterday was threaded saying he didnt want to be compared to Freddie :wink2:

Hiya Mika!

yes I know.

well, Mika is much better than Scissors Sisters to my opinion too!! :wink2: