The official John Deacon thread

jengafer

Not one to like leaving ppl out, he may be 'the quiet one' but here it is the story so far...

John Deacon:wink2:

6 kids

Queen bass player

likes to drink tea

What else do we know about the dark horse of Queen:mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ooooh the mighty Johnny! For me, he's still a bit misterious... :blink:

But he rules, anyway! :bleh: No-one can play the bass for "Under Pressure" or "Another One Bites The Dust" like him! :punk:

Okay I'm back! :roftl:

Didn't find a lot but wikipedia said that he has chosen not to attend the Queen+Paul Rodgers tour! Didn't say why, though. :confused:

It also said that his style was rarely seen in rock bands in the 1970's.

Some quotes of of there:

"When I was five years old my hero was John Deacon, who used to do the most incredible upper-register work and those melodic, tight groove parts." - Richie Edwards

"Grossly underrated. His bass parts are like little stories, yet he never gets in anyone’s way. With all the guitars and vocals going on, he finds the spaces and plays basically what he wants. He’s loose, fluid, and quite busy at times, but I can’t find one song where he stepped on the vocal or guitar parts." - Danny Miranda

Yeah, I know, not a lot, but I'll still find some more stuff! :punk:

Queen songs John Deacon wrote that were released as singles:

"You're My Best Friend" from A Night At The Opera

"Spread Your Wings" from News of the World :mf_lustslow:

"Another One Bites The Dust" and "Need Your Loving Tonight" from The Game

"Back Chat" from Hot Space

"I Want to Break Free" from The Works

"Friends Will Be Friends", "Pain Is So Close to Pleasure" (both cowritten with Freddie Mercury) and "One Year of Love" from A Kind of Magic

Selected Queen album tracks:

"Misfire" from Sheer Heart Attack

"You and I" from A Day At The Races

"Who Needs You" from News Of The World

"If You Can't Beat Them" and "In Only Seven Days" from Jazz

"Execution Of Flash" and "Arboria" from Flash Gordon

"Cool Cat" from Hot Space (co-written with Freddie Mercury)

"Rain Must Fall" (lyrics by Mercury) from The Miracle

"My Life Has Been Saved" (two versions, the first in 1989 as a non-album single B-side, then re-recorded between 1993 and 1995 for the 1995 album Made in Heaven)

I think we must say thank god for Deaky, with a K:naughty: :roftl:

Okay I'm back! :roftl:

Didn't find a lot but wikipedia said that he has chosen not to attend the Queen+Paul Rodgers tour! Didn't say why, though. :confused:

It also said that his style was rarely seen in rock bands in the 1970's.

Some quotes of of there:

"When I was five years old my hero was John Deacon, who used to do the most incredible upper-register work and those melodic, tight groove parts." - Richie Edwards

"Grossly underrated. His bass parts are like little stories, yet he never gets in anyone’s way. With all the guitars and vocals going on, he finds the spaces and plays basically what he wants. He’s loose, fluid, and quite busy at times, but I can’t find one song where he stepped on the vocal or guitar parts." - Danny Miranda

Yeah, I know, not a lot, but I'll still find some more stuff! :punk:

johd didn't attend queen and paul rodger because he care about freddie more that he ever showed. for him, without freddie, queen doesn't exist. but he is in touch with fans.

johd didn't attend queen and paul rodger because he care about freddie more that he ever showed. for him, without freddie, queen doesn't exist. but he is in touch with fans.

I agree, no one can ever replace Freddie. If I were John, I would have done the same thing. :punk:

This sounds ridiculous, but who is this Paul Rodgers person? I've never heard of him until I found out that he was going on tour with Queen.

I agree, no one can ever replace Freddie. If I were John, I would have done the same thing. :punk:

This sounds ridiculous, but who is this Paul Rodgers person? I've never heard of him until I found out that he was going on tour with Queen.

He was the vocalist of Free and Bad Company.

when he was singing at the concert i went for a wee! as did many other queen fans:roftl: the rodgers fans stayed and cheered for him, there were loads of them, he is loved!!! Free rocked but the rest:shocked: well to the loo for a gossip about freddie:roftl:

i didnt know john didnt do it cause he cared about fred:shocked: is that fact crina? Id be suprised cause it doesnt seem the right spirit of queen..if you get me, i mean bri and rog love him and i am sure Fred would be proud and they know it...

when he was singing at the concert i went for a wee! as did many other queen fans:roftl: the rodgers fans stayed and cheered for him, there were loads of them, he is loved!!! Free rocked but the rest:shocked: well to the loo for a gossip about freddie:roftl:

i didnt know john didnt do it cause he cared about fred:shocked: is that fact crina? Id be suprised cause it doesnt seem the right spirit of queen..if you get me, i mean bri and rog love him and i am sure Fred would be proud and they know it...

I believe John said that he felt Queen ended when Freddie died, which was one of the reasons that he has decided to not continue doing work w/ Bri and Rog. He was always very close with his family, so I think that is a reason why he retired and has stayed out of the spotlight.

I <3 Deacy. :-)

yeah that sounds more like it, i thought he was a family man and not that he just thought it was 'not right' to go on without fred, he just has other things to fill his life that are his priorities. If he thought that it would mean he thought badly of roger and brian which wouldnt be nice:boxed: I can imagine it would be far less fun without freddie:wink2:

Love his baby pic, here's another couple of pics, have included my freddie stamp:naughty: :roftl: ....

post-1066-142983650397_thumb.jpg

haha, as I predicted, a Deacy thread! :punk: I agree, Deacy is the final piece of the puzzle that made Queen what it was. And without him, there would've been no Another One Bites the Dust! or I Want To Break Free (btw, the video with the band in drag is hilarious) or the bass from Under Pressure, which Vanilla Ice stole and used for one of his loser songs...:thumbdown: so yeah, Deacy rocks! :punk:

• 2 years later...
Hmm my lasting memory of him was at the Freddie concert , when he introduced Mettalica .. it just showed how nervous he was ...

He was obviously a very shy man

Aw... :wub2: