2007: Great review on dimanchematin.com

sunshine931

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Here's a great review I found on [url]www.dimanchematin.com[/url]... It's late now I have to go to bed, so I'm gonna translate this tomorrow morning (it's in french)... sorry for the delay ![/COLOR][/FONT]

(by Catherine Hétu)

2007, l’année de Mika? Son premier opus sera certainement mon préféré de l’année! Il tournera toujours dans mon ordi, mon lecteur mp3, mon radio et je danserai toujours autant en entendant Grace Kelly, Lolli pop, Love Today et Billy Brown. Seulement dix chansons (plus une bonus, plus une cachée) sur ce CD, mais d’une qualité exemplaire, tant sur le plan vocal que musical. Prenez le meilleur de feu Savage Garden (!), des Scissor Sisters, de Elton John et des Bee Jees, vous découvrez Mika et croyez-moi vous avez de quoi faire des hits!

Le piano, les violons, les harmonies vocales, parfois aiguës, parfois basses, on ne s’en lasse pas. L’originalité et l’histoire de toutes les chansons nous surprend. Moi je me pose cette question tout en écoutant l’album: où est-ce qu’il va tout chercher ça? C’est un génie (et un maudit pétard) !

La musique de Mika vient nous chercher et nous lever de notre siège. Elle rend heureux, elle rappelle la période ”peace and love” des années 60, même en regardant la pochette! Lolli pop, c’est une fête d’enfants pour les oreilles. My interpretation, c’est plus le volet pop commercial que l’on entend à la radio présentement, genre James Blunt ou John Mayer.

Love Today est à écouter si vous avez besoin d’un boost d’énergie et de confiance en vous! Le succès des chansons de Mika repose sur sa voix suberbement maîtrisée et des paroles franchement accrochantes. Vous n’avez rien entendu de tel. Pour être honnête, l’album au complet pourrait jouer à la radio et la grande majorité des gens apprécieraient. Entrez dans le monde de Mika!

Myspace de Mika pour entendre quelques chansons et voir de ses dessins. Et le site officiel de Mika.

Kitching ah!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There it is... the translation ! Enjoy !!! (It's really a good review, the reporter REALLY liked the album and has obviously fell for Mika like we did !!!) :naughty:

(by Catherine Hétu)

2007, the year of Mika ? His first opus will certainly be my favorite of the year ! It will forever be playing on my computer, my mp3 player, my radio and I will forever be dancing when listening to Grace Kelly, Lollipop, Love Today and Billy Brown. Only 10 tracks (plus one bonus track and one hidden track) on this CD, but of an impeccable quality, both vocally and musically. Take the best of the late Savage Garden (!), the Scissor Sisters, Elton John and the Bee Gees, then you get Mika and trust me you have something to make hits !!!

The piano, the violins, the vocal harmonies, sometimes high, sometimes low, we don't ever get tired of it. The originality and the storyline of all the songs takes us by surprise. I ask myslef this question while listening to the album: where does he find all this ? He's a genius (and a damn hottie) !

Mika's music grabs us and make us get up from our seat. It makes us happy, it reminds us of the 60's "peace and love" era, especially if you look at album cover ! Lollipop is a children's party for the ears. My Interpretation is the more commercial pop side of it, like the stuff we hear on the radio nowadays, in the likes of James Blunt or John Mayer.

Love Today is a song you have to listen to if you need an energy and self-confidebce boost ! The success of Mika's songs rest on his superbly controled voice and on fresh and very catchy lyrics. You have never heard anything like it. To be honest, the whole album could be played on the radio and the vast majority of the fans would appreciate it. Enter in Mika's world !

Mika's Myspace to hear a couple of songs and see a couple of his drawings. And Mika's officicial site (links)

Kaching ah !!!!

• 1 year later...
There it is... the translation ! Enjoy !!! (It's really a good review, the reporter REALLY liked the album and has obviously fell for Mika like we did !!!) :naughty:

(by Catherine Hétu)

2007, the year of Mika ? His first opus will certainly be my favorite of the year ! It will forever be playing on my computer, my mp3 player, my radio and I will forever be dancing when listening to Grace Kelly, Lollipop, Love Today and Billy Brown. Only 10 tracks (plus one bonus track and one hidden track) on this CD, but of an impeccable quality, both vocally and musically. Take the best of the late Savage Garden (!), the Scissor Sisters, Elton John and the Bee Gees, then you get Mika and trust me you have something to make hits !!!

The piano, the violins, the vocal harmonies, sometimes high, sometimes low, we don't ever get tired of it. The originality and the storyline of all the songs takes us by surprise. I ask myslef this question while listening to the album: where does he find all this ? He's a genius (and a damn hottie) !

Mika's music grabs us and make us get up from our seat. It makes us happy, it reminds us of the 60's "peace and love" era, especially if you look at album cover ! Lollipop is a children's party for the ears. My Interpretation is the more commercial pop side of it, like the stuff we hear on the radio nowadays, in the likes of James Blunt or John Mayer.

Love Today is a song you have to listen to if you need an energy and self-confidebce boost ! The success of Mika's songs rest on his superbly controled voice and on fresh and very catchy lyrics. You have never heard anything like it. To be honest, the whole album could be played on the radio and the vast majority of the fans would appreciate it. Enter in Mika's world !

Mika's Myspace to hear a couple of songs and see a couple of his drawings. And Mika's officicial site (links)

Kaching ah !!!!

this must be one most positive reviews ever! it even ends with a kaching ah!

i didnt get to read it when it the first time it was posted, i'm glad i came across it by accident today!

(by Catherine Hétu)

Kaching ah !!!!

Very nice article, had never read it - thanks for posting, translating and bumping !! :thumb_yello:

Its true: among other things Mika makes me happy, gives me energy and self-confidence! :wub2: