Mika's Tartan Trousers!

kath

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My husband said when I came in from badminton that he'd invited his parents over for lunch on Sunday and I said, that's when we're making trousers for Mika???!! How could he forget??!!

He's under strict orders not to tell anyone about this.

Until Mika wears them on Parky. Then he can tell everyone!

My husband said when I came in from badminton that he'd invited his parents over for lunch on Sunday and I said, that's when we're making trousers for Mika???!! How could he forget??!!

He's under strict orders not to tell anyone about this.

Until Mika wears them on Parky. Then he can tell everyone!

Falls onto floor in hysterics at the thought of Mika wearing them at all let alone on Parky!

Check out the Coachella pictures - in the Chat about Mika part - look at his trousers - they are sensational!!! We need to do a good job on Sunday - something that will really tickle his fancy!! :thumb_yello:

Those are SERIOUSLY fabulous trews aren't they! Girls........we have to up our game!

I drink both red and white, quite partial to Pinot Grigio at the moment (italian white) mmmmmmmm!

I can do tortilla wraps! My favs are tuna mayo with chick peas, very yummy! I could do them???

Leezy, those wraps sound absolutly brill! If you are sure you don't mind.......I honestly don't mind bringing a packed lunch, I still have my Fireman Sam lunch box in the cupboard! Just let me know anyway, either way. Right Pinot Gricio (SP!) it is..........is that ok for GITB too? I know Wendi doesn't indulge.......well, not in alcohol anyway! (Is Wendi staying the night?)

Leezy, those wraps sound absolutly brill! If you are sure you don't mind.......I honestly don't mind bringing a packed lunch, I still have my Fireman Sam lunch box in the cupboard! Just let me know anyway, either way. Right Pinot Gricio (SP!) it is..........is that ok for GITB too? I know Wendi doesn't indulge.......well, not in alcohol anyway! (Is Wendi staying the night?)

Hey Kath, wraps are easy and fine for me to do! Would Abby eat them?

Yes GITB like Pinot Grigio, and Wendi is not staying over!

Hey Kath, wraps are easy and fine for me to do! Would Abby eat them?

Yes GITB like Pinot Grigio, and Wendi is not staying over!

Hey Leezy, OK, thank you, that is great, Yes, Ab loves tuna......she may spit out the chick peas but I will try and house train her before then! I will pack plently of wine then......I am SO looking forward to it.......you would think I didn't have anything else going on in my life!

My sis has just sent me a copy of The Mika article that was in The Guardian.... I am still picking myself up off the floor after seeing all the nice glossy pics.......but having fifty fits when I look at the quality and style of Mika's clothes!

Hey Leezy, OK, thank you, that is great, Yes, Ab loves tuna......she may spit out the chick peas but I will try and house train her before then! I will pack plently of wine then......I am SO looking forward to it.......you would think I didn't have anything else going on in my life!

My sis has just sent me a copy of The Mika article that was in The Guardian.... I am still picking myself up off the floor after seeing all the nice glossy pics.......but having fifty fits when I look at the quality and style of Mika's clothes!

Take a deep breath in, good, now blow it all away! Kath if they fantastic, who cares, we have put such time, dedication, blood, sweat and tears, that they will be fantastic in their own way! If he doesn't appreciate them, well, .................:biggrin2:

Really looking forward to it too! Will be fun fun fun!

To Abby, What's wrong with chick peas! They are yummy! Can leave them out of hers!

Take a deep breath in, good, now blow it all away! Kath if they fantastic, who cares, we have put such time, dedication, blood, sweat and tears, that they will be fantastic in their own way! If he doesn't appreciate them, well, .................:biggrin2:

Really looking forward to it too! Will be fun fun fun!

To Abby, What's wrong with chick peas! They are yummy! Can leave them out of hers!

I quite agree...........what is wrong with chick peas..........but I have been asking her that for years! Don't bend over backwards to accomodate us....if it's easier just to do a job lot that is fine!

I know...........the trousers will have all the love/care/ dedication/blood sweat/tears and laughter in the world in them........but they still won't be designer label with they! However, I totally agree with you, I am sure Mika will apreciate our efforts.....even if he doesn't wear them, although I hope to goodness that he does! Yay........Love today has just come on the radio!

pls, do post a pic of the trousers once they are ready! if it's not possible here, because you're afraid mika may see it, may you pm it to me..? I'm curious to see them! :biggrin2:

pls, do post a pic of the trousers once they are ready! if it's not possible here, because you're afraid mika may see it, may you pm it to me..? I'm curious to see them! :biggrin2:

You're not the only one who is 'curious' I am petrified! LOL.........of course we will post a pic.........probably several, during the making of as well as the finished article. It doesn't matter if Mika sees them......nothing is secret on here....and at least he will be prepared then!

You're not the only one who is 'curious' I am petrified! LOL.........of course we will post a pic.........probably several, during the making of as well as the finished article. It doesn't matter if Mika sees them......nothing is secret on here....and at least he will be prepared then!

Maybe we can get GITB or Leezy to model them...........no chance of them going around me!

Just pulling the trousers up again.......I hope someone else will be around to pull them up over the next few days whilst I am at work........we don't want Mika's trousers dropping after all!

I asked my husband if he would model them for us (well, he might only do it in front of me and leezy!) as he has the same waist size as Mika and is only 3 inches shorter.

Stephen's inside leg is 34 and he's 6' 1", also he's not as leggy as Mika so I'm not sure about our 36"? Remember Martin had actually said 34" which is definitely not right (obviously didn't pay as much attention to detail in the inside leg area as we would have!).

I was thinking I could text my friend who's husband is also 6' 4" and ask her what her husband's measurements are. Obviously will have to make up an outrageous lie to save face - until the appearance on Parky of course when all can be revealed!!

Just pulling the trousers up again.......I hope someone else will be around to pull them up over the next few days whilst I am at work........we don't want Mika's trousers dropping after all!

Maybe we DO!!!! :wink2::blush-anim-cl::naughty::biggrin2:

I asked my husband if he would model them for us (well, he might only do it in front of me and leezy!) as he has the same waist size as Mika and is only 3 inches shorter.

Stephen's inside leg is 34 and he's 6' 1", also he's not as leggy as Mika so I'm not sure about our 36"? Remember Martin had actually said 34" which is definitely not right (obviously didn't pay as much attention to detail in the inside leg area as we would have!).

I was thinking I could text my friend who's husband is also 6' 4" and ask her what her husband's measurements are. Obviously will have to make up an outrageous lie to save face - until the appearance on Parky of course when all can be revealed!!

My brother is 6'4'' - I will go text him and ask him his inside leg measurement!!! :thumb_yello:

My brother is 6'4'' - I will go text him and ask him his inside leg measurement!!! :thumb_yello:

Excellent idea Wendi!

GITB, I would not be able to keep a straight face if Stephen does the modelling for us! He might not appreciate that! :roftl:

This is all gonna be fun fun fun!

:biggrin2:

Excellent idea Wendi!

GITB, I would not be able to keep a straight face if Stephen does the modelling for us! He might not appreciate that! :roftl:

This is all gonna be fun fun fun!

:biggrin2:

Still waiting for his answer - out for a few hours tonight - but should be on later - hopefully with the answer. Wish I had thought of it before - Duncan is the same build as Mika too!!!! :thumb_yello:

Wow, let's make these trousers extra-skinny fit. Maybe we should bring him a nice hot meal too?

Nice pic!

It all depends on leg/body ratio. My son is almost 6 foot five and only has a 34 inside leg. His uncle is the same height but his legs are a bit longer.

Someone really needs to get in there with a tape measure!

I reckon 35 would be ok as Martin said 43 to 36........we will just have to blame him if they are wrong!

What I think we should really do is leave them un hemmed and then we can hem them in situ!

GITB I think that your hubby should model them in private for you, but you can just take a sneaky photo and post it on here!

Nice pic!

It all depends on leg/body ratio. My son is almost 6 foot five and only has a 34 inside leg. His uncle is the same height but his legs are a bit longer.

Someone really needs to get in there with a tape measure!

I reckon 35 would be ok as Martin said 43 to 36........we will just have to blame him if they are wrong!

What I think we should really do is leave them un hemmed and then we can hem them in situ!

GITB I think that your hubby should model them in private for you, but you can just take a sneaky photo and post it on here!

Whoops that should have said 34 to 36..........my fingers run away with me!