Mika in Chicago!

dcdeb

Suzy, I know what you mean....it's all so much to take in, isn't it? It was truly an amazing night and I am so glad we can (sort of) relive it through pictures, videos, and through us getting to discuss it!

mom4unicrn - glad you and Matthew got home safely! My sister and thought it was so great that you two shared that event together...how cool for you guys to have that awesome time together!!

Did you read in my post that I told Mika he should come to Missouri?? He *and* his manager both said "Next Fall." I hope it really happens for us!!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I made it home tonight-still tired but on a high-anyone know if Mel got home yet? Mika took her flowers while he was on stage - she was so excited. Jealous you guys got to talk to Mika but sooo happy for you. I had to still take trains and buses back to where i was staying and my son was exhausted, but very happy in his Mika shirt clutching a busted balloon.

Finally got back to where we were staying at almost 1 AM. Hope he does come to St. Lou, that would be aweswome! Glad I met 3 MFC peeps anyway. Oh those girls that danced during Big Girls were those ones a few behind us in line and they just got picked. Ones name was Amy(the longer haired one). Amazing show-well worth the drive, wait, and annoying line thing right before we went in.:punk::thumb_yello:

HI Mom4Unicrn! It was great to meet you and your son! He was beaming after the concert and you could tell he really had a fab time! I'm glad the circumstances allowed you to get to the concert ('coz you almost didn't know if it was gonna happen). I will post the group pic in a few minutes. My computer has slowed down with all the photos I'm trying to download then upload on photobucket.

Oh, Suzy, before I forget, could you please post the setlist whenever you find the time? No rush, please! I have a concert book and always include the setlists. I guess I should have made notes during the concert, but I was too distracted!

I made it home tonight-still tired but on a high-anyone know if Mel got home yet? Mika took her flowers while he was on stage - she was so excited. Jealous you guys got to talk to Mika but sooo happy for you. I had to still take trains and buses back to where i was staying and my son was exhausted, but very happy in his Mika shirt clutching a busted balloon.

Finally got back to where we were staying at almost 1 AM. Hope he does come to St. Lou, that would be aweswome! Glad I met 3 MFC peeps anyway. Oh those girls that danced during Big Girls were those ones a few behind us in line and they just got picked. Ones name was Amy(the longer haired one). Amazing show-well worth the drive, wait, and annoying line thing right before we went in.:punk::thumb_yello:

Oh those flowers were Mel's...I never even saw her, or at least I don't think! :naughty: I mean, I was standing in line behind Emy the whole time and didn't notice! I was very jealous of the one Big Girl Mika picked up at the end 'cause at one point during the song he looked like he was going to kiss her!

Oh by the way...your location, you're from a cornfield too?!?! :roftl:

OMM OMM OMM!! I really don't know what to say that hasn't already been said! Read all of your reports and WoWzA!! :mf_lustslow:

Mika is the most awesome guy and kk448 you handled it all so well hunny :thumb_yello:

Incredibly stupidly excited and happy for you guys :biggrin2::woot_jump::toot::groupwave:

PART 2 of ROADTRIP

A little while after Luke got us water and authgraphs from Martin and Mikey, Cherisse and Lollipop girl, Lorna, came back and signed in the album cover too! (Only MIKA's left to go)

There was this man that I thought was MIKA's manager (blonde shaggy hair).

I told him I was an MFC member and wondered if we would get a chance to meet MIKA or go backstage after the show. I thought that this might work as some of the Aussies got these privileges after MIKA's manager found out they were members. This man (found out later he was NOT MIKA's manager - don't know what his role is, but seemed a little annoyed at me).

I told him that we drove all the way from Canada and it would be great to meet MIKA and if he could arrange that for MFC members it would be sooo appreciated. He said "no - i don't think so. did you know that I DROVE ALL THE WAY FROM LONDON ENGLAND?" (was he was being sarcastic? or just trying to be funnY?) Whatever it was, I didn't think much of it...thought I'd try anyway...

The third and fourth people in line were these nice sisters - "HI GIRLS!" - if you're reading this. Thanks for chatting with me and making the time go by faster! Didn't ask your names 'coz wasn't sure if you were comfortable telling a complete stranger - but nice to have met you anyway. I know this was your first MIKA concert and I hope you enjoyed it as I din't see you after the show. Bet you've started lurking here (or maybe started posting now) hmmm..

Here is the picture of me and the band.

IMG_0200.jpg

Another picture of me being first in line. That's the other guy that works there - thought he was 2nd in line!

IMG_0197.jpg

Luke - the nicest guy! (He took the albu cover backstage to get Martin and Mikey to sign - then he also came back out to give us water!)

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x304/Liontamer_2007/IMG_0205.jpg

Oh don't make me MORE jealous! :roftl: Just kidding, I don't mind looking at Luke! :roftl: I'm becoming to think that I'm starting to like Luke as much as I like Mika! :shocked::mf_lustslow:

PART 2 of ROADTRIP

A little while after Luke got us water and authgraphs from Martin and Mikey, Cherisse and Lollipop girl, Lorna, came back and signed in the album cover too! (Only MIKA's left to go)

There was this man that I thought was MIKA's manager (blonde shaggy hair).

I told him I was an MFC member and wondered if we would get a chance to meet MIKA or go backstage after the show. I thought that this might work as some of the Aussies got these privileges after MIKA's manager found out they were members. This man (found out later he was NOT MIKA's manager - don't know what his role is, but seemed a little annoyed at me).

I told him that we drove all the way from Canada and it would be great to meet MIKA and if he could arrange that for MFC members it would be sooo appreciated. He said "no - i don't think so. did you know that I DROVE ALL THE WAY FROM LONDON ENGLAND?" (was he was being sarcastic? or just trying to be funnY?) Whatever it was, I didn't think much of it...thought I'd try anyway...

The third and fourth people in line were these nice sisters - "HI GIRLS!" - if you're reading this. Thanks for chatting with me and making the time go by faster! Didn't ask your names 'coz wasn't sure if you were comfortable telling a complete stranger - but nice to have met you anyway. I know this was your first MIKA concert and I hope you enjoyed it as I din't see you after the show. Bet you've started lurking here (or maybe started posting now) hmmm..

Here is the picture of me and the band.

IMG_0200.jpg

Another picture of me being first in line. That's the other guy that works there - thought he was 2nd in line!

IMG_0197.jpg

thats great suzy! and a CUTE pic!!! :)

I was about to ask you if Luke's your favorite, kk448!

Oh yes! That's why when I saw the keyboard was on our side, I was very happy! I thought Mika looked quite a bit like he does in pictures but Luke, I think Luke looked like 10 times better in person! :mf_lustslow: Am I gushing? I think I am, I'll stop now...:roftl:

HeHe I grabbed the confetti and saved some too. Sara was great. We ended up on the stage mid to almost left side(audience right). I was about three back while my son was in the front. The other cover he sang was from Michael Jackson. We had disposable cameras and not sure how they are going to turn out so thank you thank you to those posting pix. I wish we had met you other MFC peeps. A bigger group photo would have been awesome. Plus its neat how different we all are but how we all share a bond of love for Mika and his talent:wub2:

HeHe I grabbed the confetti and saved some too. Sara was great. We ended up on the stage mid to almost left side(audience right). I was about three back while my son was in the front. The other cover he sang was from Michael Jackson. We had disposable cameras and not sure how they are going to turn out so thank you thank you to those posting pix. I wish we had met you other MFC peeps. A bigger group photo would have been awesome. Plus its neat how different we all are but how we all share a bond of love for Mika and his talent:wub2:

Hah, I just opened my purse and let the confetti fall in, lol. Even when I got home, I was finding confetti everywhere! I knew it was a Michael Jackson (or was it Jackson 5 song?), but what was the name? I can't even remember how it went! I only had disposable cameras too, didn't work that well, so that's why I posted all of my friends' pictures!

I know what you mean...I just got finished telling my mom how I feel a little sad it's all over. I hope that we will get some news within the near future about another tour on the way...that would be great to keep us content while we wait! :)

The sad part is a few hours ago I was thinking 24 hours ago I was in the same room as Mika-sigh-tomorrow it will be 48 hours-Fall 2007 come quick!!:naughty:

Yes, definitely! I want to try to go to as many as possible 'cause it sounds like there will be more stops also. So maybe I'll be able to go to more than one! But then again just one more will be fine also!

Part 3 - Best PARTS!

I met MFCers! Mandilambi (and her group), Mom4Unicrn (and her son) and Meltinydancer (and her mom)! YAAAY!

Being first in line means you get to hear things you're not supposed to.

I could sense important people coming when staff started speaking in their head sets and moving about getting the entrance cleared and ready and looking around for "the van". So only a few people actually noticed when Yasmine and Mrs Penniman (Mika's mum) came out of a van and into the venue. I shouted "DaWack!" and she turned around and waved. I also shouted "Hi Mrs Penniman!" but she didn't hear me.

THEN MIKA's VAN came and he dashed right it and hardly anyone noticed - but I DID! I shouted "HI MIKa!!!" he turned around and waved. And before I could even open my mouth again - he was gone. Gone inside:tears:

I wanted to talk to him...meet him again. Would I get the chance later?

I didn't want to dwell on it and get my hopes up just in case.

It seemed like eternity came and went before we were let in. But finally - at last, they decided to let us in! YAY! I was first in line, but I had so many bags (magazines, water, candy) that it took a really long time for this really big woman to check everything so by the time i got to the stage there was alread about 6 people there! So front row centre was gone, but I still had front row, just a little to the left (in front of Martin). I had drank a RED BULL just before going in (because i normally go to bed a 9pm - and I needed to make sure I had the energy to scream and jump for the whole concert)

I'll cut to the chase 'coz its 1 am and i am pooped!

AMAZING CONCERT! BETTER THAN THE FIRST ONE I WENT TO IN TORONTO (MARCH 21/07).

Best parts:

- covered "I Want You Back" (Jackson 5)

- covered "Sweet Dreams" (Eurythmics/Annie Lennox)

- Luke recognized me from line and waved! (I'm 99% sure he was waving to me)

- TOOK OFF HIS SHIRT and banged on the bins during "Love Today" ( I have amazing video of this - watch for it soon)

- Bubbles, Confetti, Balloons

- MIKA in a Cow costume with 6 LARGE UDDERS - placed strategically! Funniest thing - he waved them around with his hand from time to time! OMIGOD! :shocked:

At the end of the concert, my husband got one of the staff to give us one of the SET LISTs!

BEST PART - I also got him to give me MIKA's have finished RED JUICE BOTTLE!!! That his sweaty hand touched and lips drank from! Am I sickly obsessed or what?! What am i to do with it? I have it propped up on my dining table right now and don't know if I should give it a taste?

After the concert, I made everyone (hubby and mandilambi's group) go to the "Smart Bar" - as I read somewhere here in the forum that that is the place to go after the concert because band goes there too!

They almost didn't let us in 'coz we didn't have wristbands! But showed ticket stub and I.D. and it worked.

We sat there for what it seemed like a good hour and no MIKA... I asked several of the staff if they knew if he was coming and they didn't know. I was getting worried - especially for Mandilambi as I tried to assure her earlier that MIKA always makes time to meet fans after the show.

Then I thought I'd bug another staff member just one more time. She said she didn't think we should wait all night as she thought the band already left for dinner and it was not likely they'd be back to the bar.

i was devastated. :tears:

I sat there and thought that I wasn't going to meet him again, and that mandilambi wouldn't be able to give him her fab sewing.

Then a thought occurred to me that we should all go outside. Everyone seemed to agree. Gosh, I hope I didn't come across too bossy 'coz I surely didn't seem to know what to do half the time!

THANK GOD WE CAME OUT WHEN WE DID! There was a lineup being formed for pictures and autographs!

After Mandilambi and her group (as you read her account already) it was my turn! I don't have the exact script but it went something like this:

Suzy: Hi MIKA! *face beaming and almost leaping towards him*

MIKa: Hi!

Suzy: I'm Suzy and this is my 2nd time meeting you!

MIKA: Is that right? Where did we meet again the first time?

Suzy: Toronto!

MIKA: Oh yes. (I don't really believe he remembered - maybe he was just being nice)

Suzy: That's my husband, he drove me all the way from Toronto, Canada!

MIKA: *turns to my husband* and shakes his hand "Hi, nice to meet you"

Suzy: He did it because it was my birthday!

MIKA: Happy Birthday! *Gives me a hi five that turns into clutching my hand with BOTH HIS HANDS* - video will be posted soon.

Suzy: It was a great show - different from Toronto

MIKA: Yeah it's moved on (moved along) hasn't it?

Suzy: I love your music! *taking out my magazines for him to sign*

MIKA: This was my first North American cover! *holding magazine*

Suzy: YEAH! Maybe you could sign here? *points to part of magazine that is n't covering his face. My name is spelt "S.U.Z.Y" - I love your melodies, and even my kids love you, your music is always played in our household!

MIKA: Oh Sh--t. Be careful with this one 'coz it will smudge, it's that glossy type *refering to glossy magzine cover*

Suzy: Oh, okay. Please tell me you're coming back to Canada /Osheaga Festival.

MIKA: Oh you know, we're really trying - its just hard, but we're really trying to. Mika continues to sign all my stuff (3 things in total)

Ryan (husband): Ok babes (trying to tell me that I am hogging him from everyone else)

Suzy: Ok - Picture.

Ryan snaps our photo, I shake MIKA's hand again, and can't remember how it ends from there. I was in La la land...

I only seemed to sanp out of it when I see a bright orange PARKING TICKET on our car because WE DIDN' T TPUT ANY MORE QUARTERS IN THE METER!!!!

Oh well. Otherwise, the most perfect ending to a perfect day!

MIKA you are the best! I still don't know what your red drink is - I am tempted to put my lips on it and give it a taste!

I bet your DNA is still on the bottle! But I would never sell it on EBAY (don't worry, I'm not that sick).