Mika in Chicago!

dcdeb

'Cause I was standing right behind you! lol, If I had known you were from the MFC, then I definitely would have said hi, I mean I stood behind you for like 2 hours, lol. Anyway, I guess I should pay more attention to what people say they look like or whatever! Yeah I was in that very loud and big group right behind you though!

OMG you're kidding me right? Ahh...I feel like an idiot.

I loved what you guys talked about sometimes....

I wasn't listening to everything you guys were talking about (lol) but

I totally laughed when someone was talking like that lady on Mika's CD. Ya know when she talks about how she lost one of her eyes because of the bomb. And then someone said

"Yeah. I was thinking of coming with an eye patch."

I don't know why but I thought it was funny. And my friend just looked at me like huh?

Haha. And the guy in front of me kept staring at me because my mom was making a crease in the drawings I was gonna give to Mika so I'm like

"Mom! Stop making a crease in my drawings! Now Mika can't hang them on his wall!"

I said it kinda loud and the guy is just staring so I'm staring at the wall and my friend's staring at the guy and it was just a really awkward staring contest. lol.

EDIT: Just wanted to add the Ka-ching in Chicago! =D (for the album)

post-1167-142983660996_thumb.jpg

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG you're kidding me right? Ahh...I feel like an idiot.

I loved what you guys talked about sometimes....

I wasn't listening to everything you guys were talking about (lol) but

I totally laughed when someone was talking like that lady on Mika's CD. Ya know when she talks about how she lost one of her eyes because of the bomb. And then someone said

"Yeah. I was thinking of coming with an eye patch."

I don't know why but I thought it was funny. And my friend just looked at me like huh?

Haha. And the guy in front of me kept staring at me because my mom was making a crease in the drawings I was gonna give to Mika so I'm like

"Mom! Stop making a crease in my drawings! Now Mika can't hang them on his wall!"

I said it kinda loud and the guy is just staring so I'm staring at the wall and my friend's staring at the guy and it was just a really awkward staring contest. lol.

Oh yeah, they're all a handful. They're all like into drama and stuff (and I'm not, I actually didn't really even know like 2 or 2 of them until we got there!) and one of the girls was like, "Let's play improv games!" And I was like, "uh, count me out!" We were already drawing attention to ourselves with what most of us were wearing. :naughty: We walked to McDonald's, and we had to pass Wrigley and all these Cubs fans were just staring at us. It was funny, though, all for Mika! Anyway, yeah, that was my English teacher that was talking about the missing eye, believe it or not! I don't have her anymore but she's definitely a character. If you read my report, she's the one that was spending her anniversary there. I sorta felt like we were being so loud and annoying people, lol, but I guess we're just a loud group!

Was the guy you were talking about wearing a baseball hat? 'Cause there were two guys in baseball hats that kept staring back at us too, then when we split into girls/guys lines, they were talking about why they were even there, like they were too cool. They were standing next to me at the concert, though, and they were singing along, just like the rest of us!

Awww, I wish you girls would have said hi, that would have been awesome to meet you!! I kept looking for you two specifically, cos I remembered your names and every time I looked at someone I thought "Is that her...?" LOL!

kk448, I hope my boyfriend didn't obstruct your view!!! He is a really big guy. I'm totally sorry if he was in your way! I wish you would have told us...I'm sure he would have tried to help you get closer. :)

Emy, if we ever go to a the same concert again, I will order you to come say hi! I'm definitely not a scary person. :)

Oh, and I found the confetti down my shirt too...LOL...it was so sticky! My boyfriend had taken a balloon for me and then a guy came up to him and offered $40!! I told Christopher to take it and then he said he would....he eventually gave it to him for $20! I told Chris I didn't know what I would do with the balloon, so it was better somebody got it that actually wanted it!

Right now Chris is uploading some of my pictures...he also said he would upload my video. Yay!

Gosh, you guys...You're making me SOOOOO excited for Saturday!

I was originally going to go to the venue at about six (the doors open at 8), but now I'm thinking earlier...I want to see who all I can catch getting out of their vehicles and going into the venue for sound check.

Oh yeah, they're all a handful. They're all like into drama and stuff (and I'm not, I actually didn't really even know like 2 or 2 of them until we got there!) and one of the girls was like, "Let's play improv games!" And I was like, "uh, count me out!" We were already drawing attention to ourselves with what most of us were wearing. :naughty: We walked to McDonald's, and we had to pass Wrigley and all these Cubs fans were just staring at us. It was funny, though, all for Mika! Anyway, yeah, that was my English teacher that was talking about the missing eye, believe it or not! I don't have her anymore but she's definitely a character. If you read my report, she's the one that was spending her anniversary there. I sorta felt like we were being so loud and annoying people, lol, but I guess we're just a loud group!

Was the guy you were talking about wearing a baseball hat? 'Cause there were two guys in baseball hats that kept staring back at us too, then when we split into girls/guys lines, they were talking about why they were even there, like they were too cool. They were standing next to me at the concert, though, and they were singing along, just like the rest of us!

Naw you guys were fine. lol. You were in a loud group but you guys were funny and plus if you guys got a lot of attention then you probably made people wonder what all of you were doing waiting in line. Then they would have to look up and be like, "Oohhhh. Mika. He must be pretty awsome with all these awsome fans waiting for him." lol.

Well, the guy that kept staring at me was wearing a pinkish shirt. He was standing next to the guys with the baseball hats. The guys with the baseball hats were talking about everyone. :/

Emy, if we ever go to a the same concert again, I will order you to come say hi! I'm definitely not a scary person.

lol. Okay. I'll be waiting because it was so boring standing there for 2 hours doing nothing.

Awww, I wish you girls would have said hi, that would have been awesome to meet you!! I kept looking for you two specifically, cos I remembered your names and every time I looked at someone I thought "Is that her...?" LOL!

kk448, I hope my boyfriend didn't obstruct your view!!! He is a really big guy. I'm totally sorry if he was in your way! I wish you would have told us...I'm sure he would have tried to help you get closer. :)

Emy, if we ever go to a the same concert again, I will order you to come say hi! I'm definitely not a scary person. :)

Oh, and I found the confetti down my shirt too...LOL...it was so sticky! My boyfriend had taken a balloon for me and then a guy came up to him and offered $40!! I told Christopher to take it and then he said he would....he eventually gave it to him for $20! I told Chris I didn't know what I would do with the balloon, so it was better somebody got it that actually wanted it!

Right now Chris is uploading some of my pictures...he also said he would upload my video. Yay!

Yeah, I feel bad now that I didn't say anything, 'cause I thought it was you and but didn't really recognize you until you took that shirt thing off and I saw you're braces, lol, sounds stalkerish, doesn't it? Don't worry, I really didn't have any problem seeing, I'm pretty tall, I was actually about as tall as your boyfriend was with my shoes on. I felt bad for the girls behind me though, they were all shorter than me. Actually, I was in the 2nd row at first but I let my friend go in front of me 'cause she's shorter. I also didn't really jump that much, so the people behind me could see!

I was going to take a balloon but then I was thinking, wait, what I am going to do with this?!?!

Naw you guys were fine. lol. You were in a loud group but you guys were funny and plus if you guys got a lot of attention then you probably made people wonder what all of you were doing waiting in line. Then they would have to look up and be like, "Oohhhh. Mika. He must be pretty awsome with all these awsome fans waiting for him." lol.

Well, the guy that kept staring at me was wearing a pinkish shirt. He was standing next to the guys with the baseball hats. The guys with the baseball hats were talking about everyone. :/

lol. Okay. I'll be waiting because it was so boring standing there for 2 hours doing nothing.

Yeah, they're were a couple people that walked by that were like, 'Who's Mika?' I definitely told them! There was thing one guy that said, 'Man, I must be getting old when there's this many people standing in line to see a guy I've never heard of!' So I yelled, 'It's Mika and he's amazing!' The guy just looked back and smiled, lol.

I didn't see the guy in the pink shirt, and I can believe that those guys were talking about people, probably some of it was about us 'cause I swear they stared at us the whole time! Some people...:naughty:

Oh there was something else that happened that was really funny. This guy that was standing next to me, when Sara came out, was like, 'I thought Mika was a dude!' Then the guy he was with said, 'That's the opening act' The other guy was like, 'Oh...' He was really nice though, this drunk guy kept pushing me and so he said something to him.

Oh, I'm so relieved you could see! Christopher always feels self-conscious at concerts cos of his height. He always worries that he'll ruin other people's fun if they can't see because of him!

And naw, you don't sound like a stalker! I guess we all should have just put nametags or something so there wouldn't be any confusion!

Yeah, those balloons were freaking huge! The whole ending with the confetti, the bubbles, and the balloons was hysterical! Did you get hit with Martin's water when he poured it on us?? I got it right on the left side of my forehead! LOL

Oh, and as for the next tour - I think they were saying Fall 2008 or at least that was how I understood it. I got that part recorded, so whenever Chris gets it up on youtube, I will write down what is said and post the video!

Oh, I'm so relieved you could see! Christopher always feels self-conscious at concerts cos of his height. He always worries that he'll ruin other people's fun if they can't see because of him!

And naw, you don't sound like a stalker! I guess we all should have just put nametags or something so there wouldn't be any confusion!

Yeah, those balloons were freaking huge! The whole ending with the confetti, the bubbles, and the balloons was hysterical! Did you get hit with Martin's water when he poured it on us?? I got it right on the left side of my forehead! LOL

Oh, and as for the next tour - I think they were saying Fall 2008 or at least that was how I understood it. I got that part recorded, so whenever Chris gets it up on youtube, I will write down what is said and post the video!

Yeah, I got hit by the water, I didn't know what it was at first! lol I swear Martin looked at me so many times, too bad that wasn't Mika, I really think we made eye contact like once or twice, oh well. :roftl: Luke was looking my way also, that's probably all 'cause compared to everyone else I was standing by (to my left) I was way taller! I was little self-conscious too about my height, it helped me see fine, but I still felt kinda bad, even though there's nothing I can do about it, lol. I thought it was funny that that one really tall guy was front and center, lol, I don't know if you saw that.

So Mika really liked your gift? I wish I would have made him something. Were you toward the front of the line waiting for Mika? 'Cause I definitely didn't see you there but I saw that the guy with Mika was holding your gift and the flowers that someone gave Mika.

I was really happy though, that Mika seemed to love the crowd and was really surprised at how much we were into it. It's good for him to know that we love him in America also!

Yeah, I did see that tall guy that was front and center! He didn't seem self-conscious at all! I saw a bunch of guys drooling over Mika to my right...they were taking pictures the entire time!

That's awesome you made eye contact. I think I was too buried into the crowd that he couldn't see me. It was actually hard to see much whenever that smoke machine was going off the whole time! Though I guess you probably notice I'm teeny tiny! LOL

He said he loved the gift more than once and that it was brilliant...I was so happy he liked it and that me seemed to actually look at the detailing. The hard work paid off! :) I wasn't too close to the front in the line...I'd say we were about mid-way or so. Were you towards the back?

I'm going to post the pictures when I gave him the gift now!

I like your picture with Cherisse, I was really surprised at how little she was, I mean I knew she was, but I like towered over her! I ALMOST had a perfect picture with the band but it got ruined, but I don't care, Luke had his arm around me for a LONG time, and I think he said bye to me, either it was to me or the drunk lady that kept banging on the van...I hope it was me! :naughty:

Yeah, I did see that tall guy that was front and center! He didn't seem self-conscious at all! I saw a bunch of guys drooling over Mika to my right...they were taking pictures the entire time!

That's awesome you made eye contact. I think I was too buried into the crowd that he couldn't see me. It was actually hard to see much whenever that smoke machine was going off the whole time! Though I guess you probably notice I'm teeny tiny! LOL

He said he loved the gift more than once and that it was brilliant...I was so happy he liked it and that me seemed to actually look at the detailing. The hard work paid off! :) I wasn't too close to the front in the line...I'd say we were about mid-way or so. Were you towards the back?

I'm going to post the pictures when I gave him the gift now!

Haha, I WAS the back! lol The first line we were in, we were all toward the front, and then they told us to change lines, and we got caught in the back. There was only two other people behind us and that was 'cause I honestly think they were walking by and decided to get in line or something either that or they came back 'cause they were walking down the street and almost walked by but decided to get into the line! Oh well, we got to talk to Earl, one of the security guards, as well as a few others, even got a picture, lol. They were funny! We also talked to Sara...she was very sweet, I know it must be hard to open for someone, but she handles it really well, plus, she's really good, I thought!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...some of the people I went with were on the other side and during 'Big Girl', I guess he pointed to one of the girls that I came with when he got to the part, "Big girl, you are beautiful!"

I thought Sara was great and she was soooo pretty! I loved her first song. :)

I saw that when they moved the line over the other other side. I thought that wasn't completely fair, but at least Mika was kind enough to give everyone autographs!

THIS WAS THE BEST TIME EVER!!

Click here to see vid of me meeting MIKA after the concert:

Shirtless in Chicago video (long, but the ending worth it)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wpdt21

My autographed mag:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x304/Liontamer_2007/IMG_0379.jpg

MFC Members!

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x304/Liontamer_2007/IMG_0213.jpg

MIKA's Mystery Juice (taken from stage after concert ssshhhh)

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x304/Liontamer_2007/IMG_0383.jpg

I have sooooo much to report, got to meet and talk with EVERY member of the band and MIKA AGAIN!!!

I will have to post my experience in several parts.

I will have to post my photos later - YOU WILL FREAK OUT!

I will also try to get videos posted (youtube).

PART 1 out of 3

First and foremost, I have to say thanks to my hubby who drove almost 9 hours to Chicago for me to meet MIKA for the 2nd time!

We arrived Chicago the day before the concert and decided to make sure we knew how to get to the venue before the big day. We walked (half an hour in the heat - we didn't think it was going to be so long of a walk.

The big day

I got up at 5 in the morning because I was so excited!

At lunch time we decided to drive by the venue to see if a line had started.

And when we drove by - we already saw 2 people! It was only 12 noon and the concert didn't start 'til 7:30PM!

So we parked the car at a parking meter, because it was almost right in front of the METRO (the venue) but it needed a quarter for every hour and you could only put two quarters for two hours at most! - which meant of course, that somehow, druing the concert, we'd need to put more quarters in! We didn't know what we were going to do about that....

Anyway, the 2 people who were in line weren't really in line!

Suzy (speaking to the 2 guys in line): Are you in line for the concert?

Boys: *staring at me blankly*

Suzy: Are you in line for the concert (I ask again)

Boys: Oh, the line-up! - It says it right up there on the Marquee *he points to the sign that reads Sara Bareilles and MIKA*

Suzy: No, I meant, are you first in line, and he's second in line?

Boys: No! WE WORK HERE!

Suzy: Oh...*walks away feeling dumb*

Picture of me being the first in line!

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x304/Liontamer_2007/IMG_0197.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x304/Liontamer_2007/IMG_0203.jpg

My husband is waiting in the car and I tell him that no one is in line yet.

After a few minutes, we decide it wouldn't make any sense to go anywhere else since he found a great parking spot already and that we could just eat our lunch standing in front of the venue.

So I was first in line. 12 o'clock noon for a 7:30pm show. AM i a loser or an obsessed fan?

I'm not a loser! know why? 'coz i got to meet the whole band!!! I had a small talk with every single member!!!! I got a group picture with them too!!

Picture with band members:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x304/Liontamer_2007/IMG_0200.jpg

I got each of their autographs too!!! Luke. Martin. Mikey. Cherisse, and Lolliop girl whose name is really Lorna!

They were all SOOOO nice!

First person I spoke with was Mikey I think..

Suzy: How was LA and SAN FRAN?

Mikey: It was amazing, fantastic!

Then Martin or Luke commented how early I was to be standing in line already. I just smiled embarassed. I told them that we drove from Toronto Canada, they looked really surprised! and said something like "wow!"

So I asked if MIKA would be coming in a few hours and they said "yeah probably" or something like that. (Stupid question - of course he had to come eventually...)

AND then for all you MONTREALERS/CANADIANS - I asked Martin if they were ever planning to come back to Canada, Toronto, or the OSHEAGA Festival, and he said "YES!" woooooot! but then he also added "but don't quote me on that" (so this is to officially tell you that I am not supposed to be quoting him on that)

I asked Cherisse if she ever gets a chance to see her family since she's all over the world touring and she said she doesn't see them often and only when they tour back in the UK. Then I asked Lollipop Girl what her real name was and she said it's Lorna. For the record - SHE IS NOT RELATED TO MIKA as some have speculated. I said " So then are you just his 'friend'? and she kinda smiled and nodded (?) I dunnoooo.....

BEST PART OF MEETING BAND - LUKE JUBY!

They took a cab to go the music shop and I thought he said "Beauty Shop" (ha ha) he looked at me and smiled and said "Beauty Shopp? NO - Music Shop! (dummy me)

They all left in a cab and I didn't even get them to sign their autographs!

But then this is the best part about Luke. I din't get a chance to see them come back and only managed to grab a hold of Luke (not literally grab)

I asked if he could sign my LICM cover and that I forgot to ask the rest of his bandmates. HE OFFERRED TO BRING IT BACKSTAGE FOR ME TO GET EVERYONE TO SIGN IT! Then when he came back out he said it was only missing Cherisse (and MIKA's of course) and HE ALSO BROUGHT US 2 BOTTLES OF WATER!! (which would have cost us $6 normally - I know because we walked their the day before remember and almost bought them)

Part 2 to come in minutes. THE BEST PARTS ARE YET TO COME!!!!!

He was the best! THANK YOU LUKE!

Lovely Luke Pic:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x304/Liontamer_2007/IMG_0205.jpg

THIS WAS THE BEST TIME EVER!!

I have sooooo much to report, got to meet and talk with EVERY member of the band and MIKA AGAIN!!!

I will have to post my experience in several parts.

I will have to post my photos later - YOU WILL FREAK OUT!

I will also try to get videos posted (youtube).

PART 1

First and foremost, I have to say thanks to my hubby who drove almost 9 hours to Chicago for me to meet MIKA for the 2nd time!

We arrived Chicago the day before the concert and decided to make sure we knew how to get to the venue before the big day. We walked (half an hour in the heat - we didn't think it was going to be so long of a walk.

The big day

I got up at 5 in the morning because I was so excited!

At lunch time we decided to drive by the venue to see if a line had started.

And when we drove by - we already saw 2 people! It was only 12 noon and the concert didn't start 'til 7:30PM!

So we parked the car at a parking meter, because it was almost right in front of the METRO (the venue) but it needed a quarter for every hour and you could only put two quarters for two hours at most! - which meant of course, that somehow, druing the concert, we'd need to put more quarters in! We didn't know what we were going to do about that....

Anyway, the 2 people who were in line weren't really in line!

Suzy (speaking to the 2 guys in line): Are you in line for the concert?

Boys: *staring at me blankly*

Suzy: Are you in line for the concert (I ask again)

Boys: Oh, the line-up! - It says it right up there on the Marquee *he points to the sign that reads Sara Bareilles and MIKA*

Suzy: No, I meant, are you first in line, and he's second in line?

Boys: No! WE WORK HERE!

Suzy: Oh...*walks away feeling dumb*

My husband is waiting in the car and I tell him that no one is in line yet.

After a few minutes, we decide it wouldn't make any sense to go anywhere else since he found a great parking spot already and that we could just eat our lunch standing in front of the venue.

So I was first in line. 12 o'clock noon for a 7:30pm show. AM i a loser or an obsessed fan?

I'm not a loser! know why? 'coz i got to meet the whole band!!! I had a small talk with every single member!!!! I got a group picture with them too!!

I got each of their autographs too!!! Luke. Martin. Mikey. Cherisse, and Lolliop girl whose name is really Lorna!

They were all SOOOO nice!

First person I spoke with was Mikey I think..

Suzy: How was LA and SAN FRAN?

Mikey: It was amazing, fantastic!

Then Martin or Luke commented how early I was to be standing in line already. I just smiled embarassed. I told them that we drove from Toronto Canada, they looked really surprised! and said something like "wow!"

So I asked if MIKA would be coming in a few hours and they said "yeah probably" or something like that. (Stupid question - of course he had to come eventually...)

AND then for all you MONTREALERS/CANADIANS - I asked Martin if they were ever planning to come back to Canada, Toronto, or the OSHEAGA Festival, and he said "YES!" woooooot! but then he also added "but don't quote me on that" (so this is to officially tell you that I am not supposed to be quoting him on that)

I asked Cherisse if she ever gets a chance to see her family since she's all over the world touring and she said she doesn't see them often and only when they tour back in the UK. Then I asked Lollipop Girl what her real name was and she said it's Lorna. For the record - SHE IS NOT RELATED TO MIKA as some have speculated. I said " So then are you just his 'friend'? and she kinda smiled and nodded (?) I dunnoooo.....

BEST PART OF MEETING BAND - LUKE JUBY!

They took a cab to go the music shop and I thought he said "Beauty Shop" (ha ha) he looked at me and smiled and said "Beauty Shopp? NO - Music Shop! (dummy me)

They all left in a cab and I didn't even get them to sign their autographs!

But then this is the best part about Luke. I din't get a chance to see them come back and only managed to grab a hold of Luke (not literally grab)

I asked if he could sign my LICM cover and that I forgot to ask the rest of his bandmates. HE OFFERRED TO BRING IT BACKSTAGE FOR ME TO GET EVERYONE TO SIGN IT! Then when he came back out he said it was only missing Cherisse (and MIKA's of course) and HE ALSO BROUGHT US 2 BOTTLES OF WATER!! (which would have cost us $6 normally - I know because we walked their the day before remember and almost bought them)

Part 2 to come in minutes. THE BEST PARTS ARE YET TO COME!!!!!

He was the best! THANK YOU LUKE!

Oh wow, soooo jealous about meeting Luke, I sorta did but it was really rushed! If it was up to me about when we left, I would have been there standing in line with you guys! :naughty:

Yaaay Suzy's here!!! LOL!! :)

Hi MANDILAMBI! Glad we both got home safe and sound. So Glad to have met you, and your sister, boyfriend, and your other guy friend (sorry forgot his name).

I was just reading some of the other posts and its too bad the other girls didn't introduce themselves.:sad:

There's sooo much to report back. There's so many scenes that I keep going over and over again in my head. I'm still trying to absorb the whole experience. I've got to post the best part still!

I thought Sara was great and she was soooo pretty! I loved her first song. :)

I saw that when they moved the line over the other other side. I thought that wasn't completely fair, but at least Mika was kind enough to give everyone autographs!

Yeah, I didn't mind about switching lines, I actually think he spent a little more time with us 'cause there wasn't really anyone else to get to. I thought Sara was gorgeous and so did the guys standing next to me! They were taking pictures of her like crazy! I thought it was funny when that girl in the crowd said, "Sara, have my babies!" and Sara said, "Have your babies, all right, sounds like a plan, meet me after the show." The guy sorta behind/next to me (the one taking a bunch of pictures) was like, "Wow, is that all it takes?" (Jokingly, of course, I thought it was funny.)

I made it home tonight-still tired but on a high-anyone know if Mel got home yet? Mika took her flowers while he was on stage - she was so excited. Jealous you guys got to talk to Mika but sooo happy for you. I had to still take trains and buses back to where i was staying and my son was exhausted, but very happy in his Mika shirt clutching a busted balloon.

Finally got back to where we were staying at almost 1 AM. Hope he does come to St. Lou, that would be aweswome! Glad I met 3 MFC peeps anyway. Oh those girls that danced during Big Girls were those ones a few behind us in line and they just got picked. Ones name was Amy(the longer haired one). Amazing show-well worth the drive, wait, and annoying line thing right before we went in.:punk::thumb_yello: