Hi Everybody!

ella

I'm a new member of this forum, and just wanted to say hello to everybody. Am I supposed to write something about myself? ... Well, stupid question, I know, since this is the introduction forum, isn't it?

So I'm a 21-year-old girl from Hungary. I'm still studying, but I have a job as well, so usually I'm pretty busy. So forgive me if I won't send posts too often, but I will try to do my best.

Anyway, the 1st time I heard about Mika was a few weeks ago at my working place, in my office. (I saw the video of Grace Kelly on MTV, unfortunately I don't have foreign chanells in my rent.) Interestingly, I didn't like him and his music for the first... :sorry: honestly I hated it. But then I heard Grace Kelly a few more times, and looked up more songs on the internet, and here I am now: posting on one of his fansites.

I really think that Mika's talent brought something very new, very fresh, entertaining, yet meaningful to contemporary music. I just love his songs. It's so very nice to see a star who is free, has his own style, and doesn't give in to popular and fashionable trends, I mean he is no way a singer who looks muscular and handsome and well-dressed while just having no voice. So many people say "you have to be yourself", and then put on iconic clothes, so you can tell from a mile what music genre they like, and for me it's nothing individual, it's simply a fashion. Being yourself seems to be not that easy. But Mika has nothing to do with these things, he is free, and this is what I like about him.

I think those people who are looking depressed just for fashion (I really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but you aren't sad just because all your clothes and nailpolish is black, and it won't make this world better, either) should be cured with Life in cartoon motion. I was sitting in the middle of a terrible traffic-jam in a hot bus on the way to my office having tons to study, but when I turned on my Ipod, I couldn't bear not to smile...

OK, I'm writing far too much, sorry.

So hello everybody, and pray for me that someday Mika will come to a tour to Hungary as well! (Though it's chance is pretty pathetic, since Hungary is not like England or Germany or Spain; usually people don't know the difference between Budapest and Bukarest :emot-sad: )

Nice day to everyone:

Ella

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a new member of this forum, and just wanted to say hello to everybody. Am I supposed to write something about myself? ... Well, stupid question, I know, since this is the introduction forum, isn't it?

So I'm a 21-year-old girl from Hungary. I'm still studying, but I have a job as well, so usually I'm pretty busy. So forgive me if I won't send posts too often, but I will try to do my best.

Anyway, the 1st time I heard about Mika was a few weeks ago at my working place, in my office. (I saw the video of Grace Kelly on MTV, unfortunately I don't have foreign chanells in my rent.) Interestingly, I didn't like him and his music for the first... :sorry: honestly I hated it. But then I heard Grace Kelly a few more times, and looked up more songs on the internet, and here I am now: posting on one of his fansites.

I really think that Mika's talent brought something very new, very fresh, entertaining, yet meaningful to contemporary music. I just love his songs. It's so very nice to see a star who is free, has his own style, and doesn't give in to popular and fashionable trends, I mean he is no way a singer who looks muscular and handsome and well-dressed while just having no voice. So many people say "you have to be yourself", and then put on iconic clothes, so you can tell from a mile what music genre they like, and for me it's nothing individual, it's simply a fashion. Being yourself seems to be not that easy. But Mika has nothing to do with these things, he is free, and this is what I like about him.

I think those people who are looking depressed just for fashion (I really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but you aren't sad just because all your clothes and nailpolish is black, and it won't make this world better, either) should be cured with Life in cartoon motion. I was sitting in the middle of a terrible traffic-jam in a hot bus on the way to my office having tons to study, but when I turned on my Ipod, I couldn't bear not to smile...

OK, I'm writing far too much, sorry.

So hello everybody, and pray for me that someday Mika will come to a tour to Hungary as well! (Though it's chance is pretty pathetic, since Hungary is not like England or Germany or Spain; usually people don't know the difference between Budapest and Bukarest :emot-sad: )

Nice day to everyone:

Ella

Hi Ella,

:welcomeani:

Very interesting introduction! I couldn`t agree more with what you said.

I am sure you will enjoy this forum!:thumb_yello: