The leb night life :groovy: ahhhh I miss Lebanon :tears:

festivals generally begin mid july....still 2 months...why not for beiteddine & baalback...

but it's gonna be hard for jounieh, byblos & batroun..

keep my fingers crossed too!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys :) Just wanted to say that everything is so much better in lebanon (politically).. and everything is looking good. I thought it was something that should be mentioned here... cause it's great!:punk:

I saw on the Arabchannels that it is better now. Im glad hope that it remains like that.

Hey guys :) Just wanted to say that everything is so much better in lebanon (politically).. and everything is looking good. I thought it was something that should be mentioned here... cause it's great!:punk:

Sooooo glad about it!!! I hope and pray it remains like this and gets better and better every day.

The leb night life :groovy: ahhhh I miss Lebanon :tears:

festivals generally begin mid july....still 2 months...why not for beiteddine & baalback...

but it's gonna be hard for jounieh, byblos & batroun..

keep my fingers crossed too!

Hmmmmm.... Always wanted to go to Baalbek Festival. I wonder will Mika ever go?:bleh:

thx TheBlackQueen yeah i saw it how wonderful news eh ? i instantly called my mother and told her to take me tickets whenever they start promoting the venue on tv

Hey!! Long time no see!!! How's everything? :huglove:

Are you going then? The minute I saw it I rushed here to inform all of you wonderful people. I really hope he makes it, nothing actually confirmed yet, you know. Fingers crossed for all you.

Hey!! Long time no see!!! How's everything? :huglove:

Are you going then? The minute I saw it I rushed here to inform all of you wonderful people. I really hope he makes it, nothing actually confirmed yet, you know. Fingers crossed for all you.

everything is just GREAT :huglove: i just have an excellent summer waiting for me :naughty: just a note to everyone...The Tickets will be on sale starting June 10 , and they will be on sale in all the VIRGIN megastore branches ! Mika's concert is co-organised by both beiteddine and baalbeck international festival comitee and will take place in the MARTYR'S SQUARE in Beirut's down town on the 27th of july the place is huuuuge the concert will be open for up to 15.000 people :mf_lustslow:

Seeing as I'll be in lebanon this summer...i'll for sure try to make a full report and post pictures of the event !

everything is just GREAT :huglove: i just have an excellent summer waiting for me just a note to everyone...The Tickets will be on sale starting June 10 , and they will be on sale in all the VIRGIN megastore branches ! Mika's concert is co-organised by both beiteddine and baalbeck international festival comitee and will take place in the MARTYR'S SQUARE in Beirut's down town on the 27th of july the place is huuuuge the concert will be open for up to 15.000 people :mf_lustslow:

Seeing as I'll be in lebanon this summer...i'll for sure try to make a full report and post pictures of the event !

:jawdrop::blowup::stretcher:

Martyr's square.....27th july........I wanna go to Lebanon!!!!!!! :tears:

Hope u will all have fun, & i'm sure u will!!!

we will be waiting for all the news reports and pics!!!

u will be our special reporters :wink2:

but Cubs, Racha wrote in the other thread that pre-sales will start on 6th june not 10th.

Hope u will all have fun, & i'm sure u will!!!

we will be waiting for all the news reports and pics!!!

u will be our special reporters :wink2:

but Cubs, Racha wrote in the other thread that pre-sales will start on 6th june not 10th.

Oh well i dunno where she got this information but yesterday i did a search about the gig and i read in ''l'Orient le jour'' that the tickets will be on sale starting june 10 well anyway 6 or 10 june it's all the same the 15000 tickets won't disappear in 4 days...well i dunno seeing it's Mika coming...:blink: well i really don't know as for me my parents are there so i can tell my mom to buy me my ticket she might even come with me even though she's 61 :naughty:

Well I hope they sell them on the internet!! Lebanon is just SO CLOSE and I'd love to go to Lebanon and I'd certainly love to see Mika so hopefully it should be DOABLE.. I hope i hope i hope...

Ooh I want to go tooooo but I think I need a visa first and dunno how long that is going to take and since I still have my exams right now I dont have the time. Pff anyway hope the peeps that are going make a lot of pics and even maybe vids:wink2: If I cant go its ok, cause I see Mika on 8july so :D, but 2 times would be superrr

Does anyone know how much a ticket is (for the concert in Beirut)? And is he coming for sure?

Oh well i dunno where she got this information but yesterday i did a search about the gig and i read in ''l'Orient le jour'' that the tickets will be on sale starting june 10 well anyway 6 or 10 june it's all the same the 15000 tickets won't disappear in 4 days...well i dunno seeing it's Mika coming...:blink: well i really don't know as for me my parents are there so i can tell my mom to buy me my ticket she might even come with me even though she's 61 :naughty:

mmmmmm justement c'est Mika :naughty: (i'm talking about the tickets ...& ur mom too)

you know how proud lebanese are of their fellows & how many lebanese were waiting for all the situation calm down to go back there during the summer so....

& i remember for the bercy gig in Paris, more than 15000 seats were sold within 48h & for the extra date (Paris toujours) it was in a few hours....

but now the real question: WHO WILL HAVE THE HONOUR TO POST THE 1000th in this thread????

Hi! Can I join your thread? I'm not a Lebanese, but I'd been to Lebanon recently and have been lurking around in your thread since I came back from. I am sorry for that but pls believe me I had throughly good intentions :)

It didn't feel right for me to join in so far I read that some people who'd like to go to Mika's concert were still hesitated about Lebanon.

I'd like to say to them that if you have no plans for your holiday,yet, and you have a chance to buy the tickets, then take your best friends with you and make a trip to Lebanon. Don't take it just as a concert, but try to stay there for a week, at least, and make it as a holiday trip. You won't regret and your friends will say thank you to you. My friends did. Now they keep asking me when will we return :):)

Sry, now I've used more words than I initially planned - but I had to speak it out :)

Hi! Can I join your thread? I'm not a Lebanese, but I'd been to Lebanon recently and have been lurking around in your thread since I came back from. I am sorry for that but pls believe me I had throughly good intentions :)

It didn't feel right for me to join in so far I read that some people who'd like to go to Mika's concert were still hesitated about Lebanon.

I'd like to say to them that if you have no plans for your holiday,yet, and you have a chance to buy the tickets, then take your best friends with you and make a trip to Lebanon. Don't take it just as a concert, but try to stay there for a week, at least, and make it as a holiday trip. You won't regret and your friends will say thank you to you. My friends did. Now they keep asking me when will we return :):)

Sry, now I've used more words than I initially planned - but I had to speak it out :)

first welcome to the MFC and second welcome to the lebanese thread ! everyone here is friendly and we all love lebanon...each one on his own way...i travelled a lot and honestly lebanon IS the country that most represents the world...it's just a smaller world...people from different religion , ethnic group , language , accent , colour of skin , nationality...and i'm not saying that because i'm lebanese but it's a fact. I hope you enjoyed your stay there. Are you thinking of returning there ? :wink2:

Thanks Hele_Nour, it's a lovely "1st" post!

I am glad you enjoyed Lebanon... and thank you for your sweet words..

Only someone who has been there can really tell how wonderful Lebanon is..

Thank you racha :). Hopefully they will spread their good word:wink2:

It makes me so happy to hear this and everything else ppl have said about Lebanon:D Cause Lebanon went through a lot and (even for a young girl like me who knows little about this stuff) it's good to know that the world still sees Lebanon as a beautiful and fun country to visit.

first welcome to the MFC and second welcome to the lebanese thread ! everyone here is friendly and we all love lebanon...each one on his own way...i travelled a lot and honestly lebanon IS the country that most represents the world...it's just a smaller world...people from different religion , ethnic group , language , accent , colour of skin , nationality...and i'm not saying that because i'm lebanese but it's a fact. I hope you enjoyed your stay there. Are you thinking of returning there ? :wink2:

Thank you cubitus! Can say nothing about ethnic group, language and accent since I don't speak nor understand Arabic (only a few words). Speaking about color of skin I was quite a surprised of meeting ashes blond lebanese. Lebanon is like a collection of small countries. Quadisha valley is absolutly an equivalent to Switzerland! I think I behaved as a Japanese tourist,taking loads of pictures. In Quadisha nature is so beautiful it can make you cry.

Byblos is like a town of Crete or Amalfi coast in Italy, Baalbek and Tyre remind the old part of Amman in Jordan. And a part of Tripoli and Sidon were very Middle Eastern :) But we also saw the other side of Tripoli when we found a lovely jazz cafe with lovely paintings on the walls and which was full of people (oh, can't resist to cafes fulfilled with people and the murmur of their voices when they're having a good time) That cosy cafe as well as the whole block seemed to be as from Beirut. One of my favourite places was the campus of AUB. There was a truly good atmosphere, a free atmosphere. And people look so smart:thumb_yello: Thanks god I don't have to compete with them to get a job:roftl:

Yes, we have discussed about the idea of going back to Lebanon next spring and do things we couldn't do this time because of a lack of time. 10 days flew too quickly :roftl:

So if you have ideas about the places we could see of things to do,speak it out, I'd be very grateful. :wink2:

• 2 weeks later...
Hey! This thread looks a bit lifeless. Where are you all cheerful Lebanese? Hope you haven't abandoned the thread :naughty:

Any good news???? I think this thread badly needs positive posts to be balanced again :wink2:

hum.. I'm going to be in Lebanon this Friday :D! Maybe I'll post a picture of the view from my balcony! If I get to bring my laptop...

hum.. I'm going to be in Lebanon this Friday :D! Maybe I'll post a picture of the view from my balcony! If I get to bring my laptop...

Wow lucky you :mf_lustslow: and yes we want pictures !!! have a safe flight dear.

Thanks, I always get scared on planes.. I always think of "Lost" haha.

i come from a plane-scared family :naughty: my mom takes anti-depressives before she takes a plane and my brother drinks before taking the plane and I have to sit always in the chair beside the corridor otherwise i feel as if im in a jail lol

i come from a plane-scared family :naughty: my mom takes anti-depressives before she takes a plane and my brother drinks before taking the plane and I have to sit always in the chair beside the corridor otherwise i feel as if im in a jail lol

I love flying in a plane though it has its scary aspects too. I often drink wine on the plane and always ask for a seat next to the window so that I could watch the clouds and the earth down there.. And flying is also a pleasant begining and end of a journey, I love travelling..

I love flying in a plane though it has its scary aspects too. I often drink wine on the plane and always ask for a seat next to the window so that I could watch the clouds and the earth down there.. And flying is also a pleasant begining and end of a journey, I love travelling..

I like the fact of being in a country and finding myself a few hours later in a totally different country , i like being in a plane but even though i've taken the plane like 20-30 times in my life im still afraid of it :boxed: