Hey guys, here's the link to a pic I took in place called Aley:)

http://www.zshare.net/image/14944098eca1035f/

Wow thanks for the picture I've always liked Aley !!! I'm preparing my luggage to go to leb :biggrin2: My flight is on monday ! what's good is that it's a direct fly :pbjt: no waiting for hours at aeroports ! im smelling already the freshly prepared taboulé and my favourite vine leaves :naughty:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found out what the add was for when I saw this in the newspaper:

146481811a4bd36c

http://www.zshare.net/image/146481811a4bd36c/

Pretty cool huh? But I don't think this company can do that.. unless the have the permission from Mika.. It might not be the exact same artwork but it's still something.

.....hmmmmm not very legal...:naughty: but is it really unusual in Lebanon???:mf_rosetinted:

thx for posting

Wow thanks for the picture I've always liked Aley !!! I'm preparing my luggage to go to leb My flight is on monday ! what's good is that it's a direct fly no waiting for hours at aeroports ! im smelling already the freshly prepared taboulé and my favourite vine leaves

I didnt know there were direct flights frm nice to beirut, that's a good thing to know if one day i have to leave paris for french riviera:bleh:

Hope u'll enjoy ur trip & ur concert!! WE ARE COUNTING ON YOU FOR FULL REPORT AND PICS! Have FUN!!

actually i'm too in my luggages, i have decided just a few hours ago to spend the week end in my home sweet home in south of france, i must be crazy:roftl: anyway i succeed to find not "so" expensive train tickets:kachinga: hope the weather will be ok:boxed:

have a nice week end everyone!!

I didnt know there were direct flights from nice to beirut, that's a good thing to know if one day i have to leave paris for french riviera

Hope u'll enjoy ur trip & ur concert!! WE ARE COUNTING ON YOU FOR FULL REPORT AND PICS! Have FUN!!

actually i'm too in my luggages, i have decided just a few hours ago to spend the week end in my home sweet home in south of france, i must be crazy:roftl: anyway i succeed to find not "so" expensive train tickets:kachinga: hope the weather will be ok

have a nice week end everyone!!

Well it's the MEA who have a direct line in the summer from NCE to BEY :wink2: i already took it a few years ago hum it was very cool flying with the local airplane :naughty:

As for the report I'll try to make a nice one but im afraid you'll have to wait for the morning cuz i don't have an internet connexion at my place , I'll have to go somewhere else !

So you're coming to the south ? You'll have a great weather don't worry.

Cubs, beautiful pic with a great title!!

what's the meaning of cativissimo, btw?:roftl:

should learn italian someday...

Thanks :wub2: !!! Cattivissimo means very naughty lol actualy cattivo means ''méchant'' and -issimo is the superlative :wink2:

I found out what the add was for when I saw this in the newspaper:

146481811a4bd36c

http://www.zshare.net/image/146481811a4bd36c/

Pretty cool huh? But I don't think this company can do that.. unless the have the permission from Mika.. It might not be the exact same artwork but it's still something.

If someone can't see the pic or if you dont know wht it's about.. it's an add for a clothes brand for kids called Aishti Minis (cause there's an Aishti for adults) and I guess they used Mika as a theme. It's a little curly haired boy holding a mic and poiting his hand. He's wearing a pink polo shirt and braces. There's artwork beinhd him very similar to Mika's and it's meant to be like Mika's.

Hey DanaCheaib! How are you? I love your pic of Aley and I think that Aishti ad is so cute. Thanks! (I've seen your post but as I read it at work I didn't want to log in to answer because I knew that forum would swallow me again and it won't be OK, because I do have a lot of work to do :roftl: )

I agree with you that the ad signify the certain person we all know but I believe that it will not be an issue for Mika. He seems to be a person who can make difference. Yesterday I read the interview with Mika of 2006 which Christine had posted and I liked what he said about people's decision making. I can't quote but he said smth like there are people whose only problem is to decide whether to have a capuccino or espresso for their breakfast and then there are people whose LIFE depends on other people's decision and they have no other way than to rely on them.

OK, now I went off topic :naughty:

Anyway, I'm not worried about Aishti as according to their prices they must have wealthy clientele. They can pay Mika too :roftl:

Do you live in Aley?

im smelling already the freshly prepared taboulé and my favourite vine leaves :naughty:

Mercy please! Don't tease me with your taboule and vine leaves stories. :roftl:

I live in a country where you can't buy lebanese food nor even most of ingredients you need to prepare that food.

And I was wondering why there were no Lebanese in my country - they would have been starving here :thumbdown:

But for you: Bon Appetit, monsieur! :)

Hey DanaCheaib! How are you? I love your pic of Aley and I think that Aishti ad is so cute. Thanks! (I've seen your post but as I read it at work I didn't want to log in to answer because I knew that forum would swallow me again and it won't be OK, because I do have a lot of work to do :roftl: )

I agree with you that the ad signify the certain person we all know but I believe that it will not be an issue for Mika. He seems to be a person who can make difference. Yesterday I read the interview with Mika of 2006 which Christine had posted and I liked what he said about people's decision making. I can't quote but he said smth like there are people whose only problem is to decide whether to have a capuccino or espresso for their breakfast and then there are people whose LIFE depends on other people's decision and they have no other way than to rely on them.

OK, now I went off topic :naughty:

Anyway, I'm not worried about Aishti as according to their prices they must have wealthy clientele. They can pay Mika too :roftl:

Do you live in Aley?

:roftl:

humm I sort of live there.. Actually I live in Kamatieh (to the side of 3ein el remeneh) and it's like 2 -3 minutes from there. (Haha you prbbly dont know where that is but whatever.) And I'm always in Aley, I practically live there. Are you Lebanese? If so, where are you from in Lebanon? And if not, where are you from? :P

:roftl:

humm I sort of live there.. Actually I live in Kamatieh (to the side of 3ein el remeneh) and it's like 2 -3 minutes from there. (Haha you prbbly dont know where that is but whatever.) And I'm always in Aley, I practically live there. Are you Lebanese? If so, where are you from in Lebanon? And if not, where are you from? :P

Hey, not sleepy? Did you follow Mika's gig at Les Francofolies?

No , I'm not Lebanese. I'm Estonian, I live far in north :roftl:. Our neighbours are Latvia, Russia, Finland, Sweden. But I have wanted to go to Lebanon since.... I even can't remember any more since when. In 2000 almost went, booked tickets, etc, but then because of family reasons had to cancel the trip. But it was still itching in me (there were two places I've always wanted to go, Beirut and Berlin, don't ask, why - they just sound so well for me :) ) ... so that Beirut thing was still itching in me and when I was on holiday in Jordan last autumn and we were sitting with my friends in Wadi Rum desert at night and talked to bedouins who live there about their neighbor countries and then I decided to go to Lebanon in spring. Went back home and started to prepare, book tickets, search info about Leb thru internet and books etc.

I didn't know what to expect, I was told that Leb was not like the other Middle East countries, but no one couldn't explain what it means "different" :)

Hey, not sleepy? Did you follow Mika's gig at Les Francofolies?

No , I'm not Lebanese. I'm Estonian, I live far in north :roftl:. Our neighbours are Latvia, Russia, Finland, Sweden. But I have wanted to go to Lebanon since.... I even can't remember any more since when. In 2000 almost went, booked tickets, etc, but then because of family reasons had to cancel the trip. But it was still itching in me (there were two places I've always wanted to go, Beirut and Berlin, don't ask, why - they just sound so well for me :) ) ... so that Beirut thing was still itching in me and when I was on holiday in Jordan last autumn and we were sitting with my friends in Wadi Rum desert at night and talked to bedouins who live there about their neighbor countries and then I decided to go to Lebanon in spring. Went back home and started to prepare, book tickets, search info about Leb thru internet and books etc.

I didn't know what to expect, I was told that Leb was not like the other Middle East countries, but no one couldn't explain what it means "different" :)

I am pretty sleepy.. But I don't want to sleep haha Im such an idiot... I don't feel like getting up. I'm not reading posts or watching videos about any gigs.. I want the concert I'm seeing in Lebanon to be a surprise:D hehe. I dont care about learning the lyrics to the new songs haha.

It's so weird how lebanon is differant.. haha. Like right now, there are so many arabs from other arab contries visiting Lebanon because: it's close to them (some can go by car), it's a great "touristic destination" and it's just differant. (is that correct? "touristic destination"?:phaha)

I love Lebanon :)

And of course I know Aley. I don't rember it, but just checked with the map and i have marked that place and then i have marked Bhamdoun, as well.

But we just passed those lovely places in the mountains through. Although we were on the road about Lebanon all the time we couldn't go everywhere.

We skipped Zahle and other nice places and Beiteddine Palace was closed, too. I don't know why, was it because of winter season or because of the political situation (we 've been there when Arab Convention was held in Damascus)

As we couldn't go any concert or take any cooking courses (I read that there was a lovely place near Beirut where you can take cooking courses) and didn't have enough time to soak into Beirut we must go back. Hopefully soon. And it would be so lovely if I could go to Mika's concert there. I have an imagination that in Beirut his gig is not just a gig in the presence of charming fans as in Europe but outside the venue most people don't care. I think - as far I managed to observe Lebanese :) Beirut's gig will be sort of overwhelming party that won't end when gig is over. I think there will be a lot of M. music heard in the cars driving around and poor Elissa and the other girls like her, then. :naughty: We call the phenomenon when people get high because of music "a song festival thing" :naughty:

I may be wrong, though. Hopefully not. Anyway, we'll learn that soon.

Am I boring you? :blink: Go to bed, Dana, sweet dreams!

I dont care about learning the lyrics to the new songs haha.

It's so weird how lebanon is differant.. haha. Like right now, there are so many arabs from other arab contries visiting Lebanon because: it's close to them (some can go by car), it's a great "touristic destination" and it's just differant. (is that correct? "touristic destination"?:phaha)

I love Lebanon :)

Touristic destination? I don't know. I'm not a right person to ask. Actually i don't care whether it is correct English or not. I caught what you meant.

Lebanon is different, the spirit is absolutely different. The most unexpected thing for me was how cheerful Lebanese living in Lebanon are. I was ready that they would be "closed" and perhaps a bit unfriendly too because of the situation they must live every day. But in fact, I was totally wrong. I've been to B018 club, o Lord, what a party that was. People danced on the tables :roftl::thumb_yello:

I share your feelings about L. :wub2:

And of course I know Aley. I don't rember it, but just checked with the map and i have marked that place and then i have marked Bhamdoun, as well.

But we just passed those lovely places in the mountains through. Although we were on the road about Lebanon all the time we couldn't go everywhere.

We skipped Zahle and other nice places and Beiteddine Palace was closed, too. I don't know why, was it because of winter season or because of the political situation (we 've been there when Arab Convention was held in Damascus)

As we couldn't go any concert or take any cooking courses (I read that there was a lovely place near Beirut where you can take cooking courses) and didn't have enough time to soak into Beirut we must go back. Hopefully soon. And it would be so lovely if I could go to Mika's concert there. I have an imagination that in Beirut his gig is not just a gig in the presence of charming fans as in Europe but outside the venue most people don't care. I think - as far I managed to observe Lebanese :) Beirut's gig will be sort of overwhelming party that won't end when gig is over. I think there will be a lot of M. music heard in the cars driving around and poor Elissa and the other girls like her, then. :naughty: We call the phenomenon when people get high because of music "a song festival thing" :naughty:

I may be wrong, though. Hopefully not. Anyway, we'll learn that soon.

Am I boring you? :blink: Go to bed, Dana, sweet dreams!

No you're not boring me at all... But I do have to go to bed, hehe. It was nice talking to you. Maybe next time we can talk about yout contry :) Good night..

No you're not boring me at all... But I do have to go to bed, hehe. It was nice talking to you. Maybe next time we can talk about yout contry :) Good night..

Good idea!

But what happened to your hi-hi-hi plan? :shocked:

Didn't work?!!!:roftl:

good night!

Good idea!

But what happened to your hi-hi-hi plan? :shocked:

Didn't work?!!!:roftl:

good night!

Just a few seconds ago I typed "Haha I forgot, I was really tired" and then remembered the plan, hihihi:blush-anim-cl:

Aanyway, if or when you're online... tell me a bit about Estonia :) Is there a thread for it?

Just a few seconds ago I typed "Haha I forgot, I was really tired" and then remembered the plan, hihihi

Aanyway, if or when you're online... tell me a bit about Estonia. Is there a thread for it?

Ok, let's put it on the early morning account, then :naughty:

For me to come to online for chat is a bit tricky, because usually I have time for the forum at night when most people are sleeping already :)

Smth about Estonia??? :rolls_eyes:

OK, Estonia is

Ice cream mountains and chocolate skies

Cinnamon houses and licorice flies :roftl::roftl:

(as you can see, not that much different from Lebanon :thumb_yello:)

hii Sivan!

Welcome here!!

yes really...i wish there's more open minded and respectful people & one day we could find a peace in the Middle East...i hope & i pray it will coming soon!

i think that everybody: israeli, lebanese, syrian...etc...people are fed up with this & just want to live their life without any fear...

dont hesite to say hi whenever you want:thumb_yello:

its been forever since i last came into this thread! oops!

ill try come more often... ;) hope all u that are going to see MIKA tomorrow will have a GREAT time!!!

Welcome Sivan !! :huglove: you're not my first israeli friend you know :wink2: one of my best friends in the university is jewish and she keeps telling me about her summers in Ashdod :wink2: the lebanese and jewish community in france are close here . As for peace...we're still waiting...hope it'll happen one day cuz honestly one of my dreams is to visit Jerusalem or Cepharnaum (where my mum's family was in 1690 and i was surprised to see it on the family tree at my granny's house lol )

By the way does the name Sivan stands for ''June''(the month) ??

glad u have jewish friends ;)

you know...if they showed US on TV... being friends... and not just the war stuff! maybe people would see we CAN be friends... and not just HATE eachother... im pretty sure most lebanese and Israeli ppl want to be friends with eachother....like us and many other i know!

Hi LEBANEEEZIIIS

Anyone on this thread going to MIKA in Beirut Today?

HAVE FUN:d

Yeah, I'm going! I'm soo excited!! I payed extra to be in the golden cage section:blush-anim-cl: But I don't know if I'll be able to meet him..

Still, I'm sooooo excited!!!!:woot_jump:

Yeah, I'm going! I'm soo excited!! I payed extra to be in the golden cage section:blush-anim-cl: But I don't know if I'll be able to meet him..

Still, I'm sooooo excited!!!!:woot_jump:

I'm HAPPY for you!!

must be a great show!!!

a little request for our 3 leb thread reporters: could yo pls record him while speaking in lebanese PLEASE!!!!!

this one has been posted in the Baalbeck thread but thought it should be there too ;):

I'm HAPPY for you!!

must be a great show!!!

a little request for our 3 leb thread reporters: could yo pls record him while speaking in lebanese PLEASE!!!!!

this one has been posted in the Baalbeck thread but thought it should be there too ;):

I'll try, cause I'm bringing my camera :)

Thanks for posting it here, it's the first time I see it and I feel more excited now! :P

Hello everyone!!

I haven't been here for quite a long time know!

My brother went to see Mika in Beirut, he said it was a Great Show!

All of you who were ther, did you take pictures? Recorded videos? Don't be selfish share it with the poor Lebanese that weren't able to be there!!!!!:boxed:

Anyway for you Lebangel I found videos on youTube where he was speaking Lebanese. SOOOOOOOOOO CUTEEE:wub2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXd-kHjOo_w&feature=related

• 3 weeks later...