• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got a question for u :wink2:

well, i was wondering if in relax & in any other world Mika was talking about Lebanon??

as he loves Lebanon...

what do u think about it??

I really would like to have your opinion :thumb_yello:

got a question for u :wink2:

well, i was wondering if in relax & in any other world Mika was talking about Lebanon??

as he loves Lebanon...

what do u think about it??

I really would like to have your opinion :thumb_yello:

Well....Raffa does appear on both of them.

A connection there perhaps?!

Nobody is ever going to know if Mika doesn't say anything about it... but it can of course be a mix of many things and he has had many experiences that can help him find his words for the lyrics. The great thing with his songs is that many can relate to them in different ways I think.....

First when I heard relax, i thought it was about a love story..till my sista told that it could be about lebanon...maybe there is a link with raffa' story

but that's true that everyone can undrstand the song as he wants...

any other world is very a sad song.. but i like it a lot & ma be'dir etssawar eno it's not about the lebanese war...of course it still my personal opinion..

i think you've got a point Lebangel ....i remember he said in an interview that even in the darkest time of lebanon's history people did try to live a normal life and behave as though nothing was happening....hope he'll give more clues about it....

Sou --> you can be a lebanese proud since you're 1/4 lebanese....i'm 1/2 and do you really beleive that all the lebanese are 100 % lebanese ? it's more a question of culture and roots and appartenance to our society than which blood runs in our vein.....(hope i didn't make mistakes in english)

Wowwwww! New people on our thread:thumb_yello: That's great - welcome, and hope you stick around :)

About where Mika's family comes from... I think it's somewhere in the south as I read it in an interview I found online the other day. It doesn't say exactly where but if I can find the interview again, I'll post it here.

So Cube... if I keep my eyes open for a detective lookalike on the streets of Beirut in the summer we may meet :roftl:

Sou, Nagham is pretty bad most of the time isn't it? And they never put the name of the songs or singer but Mika's video clips come with that on anyway so at least people will know who he is :thumb_yello:

Hope you all have a good weekend :)

Couldn't have said it better myself :thumb_yello:

Thnx Sou :wink2:

So where do you live? In Egypt or Kuwait?

LebAngel: First when I heard relax, i thought it was about a love story..till my sista told that it could be about lebanon...maybe there is a link with raffa' story

but that's true that everyone can undrstand the song as he wants...

I really hope Mika makes a video for Relax! Will be very interesting to see how it would be portraied. Well pretty much everything about him is interesting *LOL*

it's more a question of culture and roots and appartenance to our society than which blood runs in our vein.....(hope i didn't make mistakes in english)

very nicely said Cubitus! :thumb_yello::blush-anim-cl:

couldn't agree more

*hurra* Monshi you're here! Missed you Affection.gif

Why does it feel like you're my best friend *giggles*

Yay! I'm here :biggrin2:

but I have to go soon, I've got a chemistry exam tomorrow :thumbdown: and my teacher said that if I get mvg (the best grade in sweden) on the exam, then I will get it on the course aswell...

aww, you missed me :wub2:

I feel the same way about you. I usually have a hard time finding friends but we seem to have so much in common. I'm happy I found you :wub2:

Sou --> you can be a lebanese proud since you're 1/4 lebanese....i'm 1/2 and do you really beleive that all the lebanese are 100 % lebanese ? it's more a question of culture and roots and appartenance to our society than which blood runs in our vein.....(hope i didn't make mistakes in english)

That's a great point Cube. So I'm 1/4 and proud!!!

You know, come to think of it, nobody around the world is 100% of where they're allegedly from. Ya3ni I'm Egyptian, but look at how mixed my back ground is, and yours, and Lara's....etc. We're so multicultural and proud :original:

Sou, Nagham is pretty bad most of the time isn't it? And they never put the name of the songs or singer but Mika's video clips come with that on anyway so at least people will know who he is :thumb_yello:

Nagham is awful! I tried keeping it on today, bas 3an jad I couldn't!! Akhhh, the songs are awful! :shocked:

Thnx Sou :wink2:

So where do you live? In Egypt or Kuwait?

Really depends on when in the year. Bel seif I'm in Cairo and the rest of the year I'm in Kuwait. Bas lel asaf, I'm not going to Cairo this summer :crybaby:

Yay! I'm here :biggrin2:

but I have to go soon, I've got a chemistry exam tomorrow :thumbdown: and my teacher said that if I get mvg (the best grade in sweden) on the exam, then I will get it on the course aswell...

aww, you missed me :wub2:

I feel the same way about you. I usually have a hard time finding friends but we seem to have so much in common. I'm happy I found you :wub2:

I'm glad I found you too!! You're so duktigt *lol* Yeah I want you to study real hard, it's just a couple of days then you can Relax and take it easy...

Aaah by the way, I now have MySpace (Wanna be my friend there?)Hyserical.gif Never founded the need for it before but things have certainly changed.

Sou: Really depends on when in the year. Bel seif I'm in Cairo and the rest of the year I'm in Kuwait. Bas lel asaf, I'm not going to Cairo this summer

Gosh too bad

Depression.gif

My little sister is half egyptian and my mum was born in Kuwait :bleh:

So Cube... if I keep my eyes open for a detective lookalike on the streets of Beirut in the summer we may meet :roftl:

Yeahh of course :roftl: wonderful idea Lar :naughty: we'll meet somewhere in beirut center....i do like walking in the streets there.....:wub2:

I must organize my journey....i still have to buy my ticket.....prices are :thumbdown: i mean why can't i find an affordable ticket to beirut when it's closer than cairo from where i live and prices to cairo are realy cheaper ?! :sneaky2: (no offence Sou :naughty: )

I'm glad I found you too!! You're so duktigt *lol* Yeah I want you to study real hard, it's just a couple of days then you can Relax and take it easy...

Aaah by the way, I now have MySpace (Wanna be my friend there?)Hyserical.gif Never founded the need for it before but things have certainly changed.

:wub2: yay! we have to thank Mika and MFC. without them we would never have found eachother :biggrin2:

I'll study, I'll go soon. the thing is, I can't relax and take it easy (lol) afterwards... got physics, and loads of other things :thumbdown:

I'll request right now!! I didn't have a myspace either untill I came here and saw that everyone had one :bleh:

Hey...

Sou, I kept checking Nagham channel today incase they played Mika and I just couldn't keep it on either...Godddddd.... it's horrible!

Cube - I think we should start a 2 person protest on the streets of Beirut pleading for mika concert - you can come in your detective gear and we could both hold up signs, walking up and down Hamra street :roftl:

The airfares are really expensive and specially for summer - who are you going to fly with?

Monshi, good luck in your exam:thumb_yello:

By the way, if Mika does look at this site, I hope he looks at the Lebanese thread :)

Hey...

Cube - I think we should start a 2 person protest on the streets of Beirut pleading for mika concert - you can come in your detective gear and we could both hold up signs, walking up and down Hamra street :roftl:

The airfares are really expensive and specially for summer - who are you going to fly with?

By the way, if Mika does look at this site, I hope he looks at the Lebanese

thread :)

Yeah you should do that with Cube :thumb_yello:

I also wonder who's the cheapest airway to fly with!

Well we've done a good job with keeping this thread updated, so if Mika looks in the forum he should notice it :biggrin2:

why can't i find an affordable ticket to beirut when it's closer than cairo from where i live and prices to cairo are realy cheaper ?! (no offence Sou :naughty: )

None taken!! :) Guess fi daght aktar 3ala Masr, so the tickets are cheaper? Urgh...I dunno how these things work :P

Gosh too bad.

My little sister is half egyptian and my mum was born in Kuwait :bleh:

It's alright, hopefully I'll try to go in the winter! :D

Your mom was born in Kuwait?! Small worlddddd!! Egyptian sister, ha? Agda3 nas! :naughty:

Hey...

Sou, I kept checking Nagham channel today incase they played Mika and I just couldn't keep it on either...Godddddd.... it's horrible!

Ha! Kan 3andi 7a2! Torture, PURE torture!! :blink:

Monshi, good luck in your exam:thumb_yello:

By the way, if Mika does look at this site, I hope he looks at the Lebanese thread :)

Thank you lara :biggrin2: It felt nice, so many people wished me luck :biggrin2:

I just thought of something, I really like this thread - and I'm not lebanese. I mean I feel like I have no place to go (being, an iranian thread would be sooo silly cuz I'm the only iranian in MFC) and this is a really nice place. I feel so welcome - So just wanted to thank you sweet, lebanese people for making me feel like I belong here :blush-anim-cl::wub2::biggrin2:

Hiya everybody ;) i think i'll go to leb with turkish airlines...actualy it's the cheapest but i do like going with them besides...i don't have to go to paris from where i live...the plane will go from nice's aeroport to istambul then to beirut....but i have to wait many hours in the aeroport.....

Monshi --> i'm really glad to see that you feel like you belong here...we're all happy to have you with us...and we'll welcome anyone who's a fan of mika and who likes our country and our culture....

Thank you lara :biggrin2: It felt nice, so many people wished me luck :biggrin2:

I just thought of something, I really like this thread - and I'm not lebanese. I mean I feel like I have no place to go (being, an iranian thread would be sooo silly cuz I'm the only iranian in MFC) and this is a really nice place. I feel so welcome - So just wanted to thank you sweet, lebanese people for making me feel like I belong here :blush-anim-cl::wub2::biggrin2:

Aaaw hunny! Glad you feel welcome because you really are :biggrin2: We love you! :huglove:

:) I'm glad you feel welcome here Monshi - your message was very sweet :)

Cube..... Have you tried Maglev Airlines?? I think they're Hungarian or something like that. Anyway, so many people have told me that they do good flights to Beirut.

Hope you're all ok... I'm getting killed by mosquitos here:thumbdown: I'm off now to squash another one :naughty:

P.S: Sou, how r u??

Hope you're all ok... I'm getting killed by mosquitos here:thumbdown: I'm off now to squash another one :naughty:

P.S: Sou, how r u??

You know, just mentioning mosquitoes makes my skin crawl, eiw, eiw, eiwwww!!!

Aww, thanks for asking!!! I'm alright...it's 3 am and I still can't sleep :blink:

Apart from being murdered by mosquitoes, how are things with you?

How are things with everyone?! :biggrin2: