Hi,

What happened???? Was the concert cancelled or something??:thumbdown:

Hello everyone - hope you're having a good weekend :)

Mika's got otitis, he had to cancel his trip to Sweden... :(

Jasmin, I hope you're not feeling too down - we've got Gothenburg to look forward to hun. pussar**

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaaah... I'm sorry you couldn't get to see him Jasmin, and I hope you're feeling a little better now.

Don't forget whenever you get to see him again, you're the Lebanese thread's representative :) Cos I'm sure you'll see him way way waaayyy before I do :roftl:

Anyway, hope you're ok now.

:)

OMG i'm so sorry jas' i wanted to see how the gig was....i've just read ur post....i do hope ur not very depressed...u know me too i was depressed for 3 days after i bought my ticket than the next day the gig was cancelled...i know how you're feeling....so cheer up jasmin....i'm sure ur goona see him in another gig..kisses *mouahhh*

Shoukran ektir ektir for your concerns cubes!! I'm feeling a bit better today. I was so sorry for you as well hope you'll get to see him another time. Just want Mika to get better :wub2:

Mika's got otitis, he had to cancel his trip to Sweden... :(

Jasmin, I hope you're not feeling too down - we've got Gothenburg to look forward to hun. pussar**

Yes habibti we do have Gbg :biggrin2: And maybe some other RixFm festival he can attend to :punk: *hoping for the best*

lara: Aaaaah... I'm sorry you couldn't get to see him Jasmin, and I hope you're feeling a little better now.

Don't forget whenever you get to see him again, you're the Lebanese thread's representative Cos I'm sure you'll see him way way waaayyy before I do

Anyway, hope you're ok now.

Thank you to lara! I'm ok now :)

I just saw what's happening in Lebanon right now. Lara are you ok??

Thank you Monshi - it's kind of you to ask.

Well, I'm not living in Tripoli - thank God, but I have to say that what's happening today is really worrying. As you probably know, things happen here so quickly that one thing leads to another and there's another war.

Hopefully the trouble won't spread throughout Lebanon but things are very unstable here anyway, before what happened today... I think they're trying to keep it from spreading from what they said on the news (you know, it's all to do with the politics here).

Anyway, I won't go on and on, but personally, I'm feeling a mixture of worried, sad, and really angry that there are so many people and countries who don't want a peaceful Lebanon :(

My thoughts are going with u ( sorry for my bad english)

I've discovered lately what happened in Lebanon...and it's very very sad...unfortunetly, we are used to see those kind of things since 2005...I feel the same way as u even if I'm far away from Lebanon.

Lebanese people have always been strong & Hope that the end of the tunnel is very close.

Thank you Monshi - it's kind of you to ask.

Well, I'm not living in Tripoli - thank God, but I have to say that what's happening today is really worrying. As you probably know, things happen here so quickly that one thing leads to another and there's another war.

Hopefully the trouble won't spread throughout Lebanon but things are very unstable here anyway, before what happened today... I think they're trying to keep it from spreading from what they said on the news (you know, it's all to do with the politics here).

Anyway, I won't go on and on, but personally, I'm feeling a mixture of worried, sad, and really angry that there are so many people and countries who don't want a peaceful Lebanon :(

My thoughts are with you aswell.

I'm praying for you, all the civilians there and for Lebanon as a country.

yes, I've witnessed that things tend to happen real quickly there, I followed everything that happen last summer over the telly. Hopefully this is where it ends!

once again, I'm thinking about you. I wont forget you in my prayers.

*big virtual hug*

I'm just so sad and sick of these civil wars!

Can't all the parts just keep their damn thoughts to themselves and tone down the hysterical greed for power?!

Does really children have to die because some bigtime idiots don't know how to get along and run this little tiny country???

If bigger countries can do it, why can't they? :mad:

I'm just so sad and sick of these civil wars!

Can't all the parts just keep their damn thoughts to themselves and tone down the hysterical greed for power?!

Does really children have to die because some bigtime idiots don't know how to get along and run this little tiny country???

If bigger countries can do it, why can't they? :mad:

well said Jas. I don't understand why politics has to be such a dirty thing. and religion has also changed (no offense to political or religious people).

why can't all countries care for their people! give a damn about everything else and just take care of eachother.

i'll stop now, or i'll be way off track speaking about world peace and so on...

well said Jas. I don't understand why politics has to be such a dirty thing. and religion has also changed (no offense to political or religious people).

why can't all countries care for their people! give a damn about everything else and just take care of eachother.

i'll stop now, or i'll be way off track speaking about world peace and so on...

Yes exactly, it's all about the PEOPLE in the end, they're the ones getting affected and hurt...

Yes exactly, it's all about the PEOPLE in the end, they're the ones getting affected and hurt...

yeah, what's countries without people? what's anything without people?

The world is all about people - and still different countries or different groups in countries hurt eachother. and why? because of power - because of stupid leaders. cause peoples minds have become infected with crazy thoughts (once again sorry if I'm offending anyone)

Thank you for your messages since yesterday...

Well, there are more than 50 killed and there was a carbomb in Beirut too last night in Achrafieh (Sou, I think you said you had family links to Achrafieh?)

The car bomb was in the multi story car park of a big shopping and cinema complex and I think 1 was killed and some injured. I just read on the news that the army have started shelling the refugee camp - now anything could happen...

Anyway, I'm not sure what'll hapen - I honestly can't see how they'll come to a solution in Tripoli 'cos no side wants to back down.

From what you said about the politics; basically, our 2 neighbours don't want to see Lebanon becoming stronger - it's not in their best interests and so they divide the country and sit back while leading it to ruin - it's bad enough here when there's no fighting; there are no jobs (thanks to Mr Olmert's handiwork last summer), no security that helps you build a good life.

Sorry for moaning; although I'm thankful for being safe so far, I'm really fed up with it all too...

I hope that soon, there'll be good news to post on our Lebanese thread.

Thanks again for your kind messages - they cheered me up

Oh Lara, I'm thinking about you every second of every minute.

I'm happy you're safe and I'm terribly sorry for the carbomb and all the injured people.

Let's just pray for them to end this really quickly so that no more innocent people will get hurt.

I'm hoping for good news too. Please don't worry about you moaning (you're not). You can write anything you want here, I'm here to listen to you, about everything!

hugs **

Thank you for your messages since yesterday...

Well, there are more than 50 killed and there was a carbomb in Beirut too last night in Achrafieh (Sou, I think you said you had family links to Achrafieh?)

The car bomb was in the multi story car park of a big shopping and cinema complex and I think 1 was killed and some injured. I just read on the news that the army have started shelling the refugee camp - now anything could happen...

Anyway, I'm not sure what'll hapen - I honestly can't see how they'll come to a solution in Tripoli 'cos no side wants to back down.

From what you said about the politics; basically, our 2 neighbours don't want to see Lebanon becoming stronger - it's not in their best interests and so they divide the country and sit back while leading it to ruin - it's bad enough here when there's no fighting; there are no jobs (thanks to Mr Olmert's handiwork last summer), no security that helps you build a good life.

Sorry for moaning; although I'm thankful for being safe so far, I'm really fed up with it all too...

I hope that soon, there'll be good news to post on our Lebanese thread.

Thanks again for your kind messages - they cheered me up

OMG :shocked::boxed: the bomb was in achrafié ?! my aunt lives there...i'd better call....i'm really really sad about how things are going there....Lara ur 100 % right....i just feel like i'm gonna cry...Why ? Why ? why lebanese people must suffer ?!!! why can't they leave us alone just to live !!!!!!! i have just one thing to say STAY UNITED !!!! there's a french proverb which says : l'unité fait la force.....i think what's happening now is still much more worrying than what happened last summer....that's how our 15 yrs of war started...i hope ALL the lebanese have learned not to play with fire by hoping to get some help from that country or that other country because no one really want to help them...that's why they should stay united...and beleive in laicity and tolerance....lebanese people I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!

I just watched the news!! What the happening!! New bombings kaman! Kan maktoub 'Khabar 3ajel'!!!!!! Lara are you alright?!!!!!

My family from Achrafiyeh don't live in Lebanon...bas still, I'm worried for everyone there!!!!

Cube, did you call your aunt? Is she alright?!!!

I just watched the news!! What the happening!! New bombings kaman! Kan maktoub 'Khabar 3ajel'!!!!!! Lara are you alright?!!!!!

My family from Achrafiyeh don't live in Lebanon...bas still, I'm worried for everyone there!!!!

Cube, did you call your aunt? Is she alright?!!!

My parents called my family there and they're alright but she lives near the ABC mall so they must have heard the deflagration:thumbdown: .....hope everything gonna be ok....once they stopped the terrorists everything's gonna be ok...at least i hope.

Hi everyone,

OMG - did you see the news of the 2nd car bomb tonight? I was going to go into Beirut tonight but decided against it thank god because the bomb was on the route I take.

I watched the news crying - I feel a bit stupid but I know you understand that when you see the pictures on tv of the country you feel strongly about, it's just too sad...

I mean, I curse the place most days (like everyone who lives here) but there's no way I want to see all of this happening. I dunno, it's just a mess.

Cubes, I hope your family here is ok and safe.

My Mum and my brother and sister are worried sick and want me to go as soon as possible (as I was planning to go to London so I can get a job there) but I can't leave until I've finished my things here and anyway, why should we be bullied in to leaving? Look at all of us, spread all over the world because of war... and when I left Gaza, I thought I wouldn't cause my family to worry anymore.

Sorry for ranting on but I had to say it to someone.

I hope you all ok, and thanks for reading :)

Sob7an Allah! You decided against taking the route that was bombed!! Allah satar!!!

"why should we be bullied in to leaving? Look at all of us, spread all over the world because of war"

The images on tv, the people scrambling in the streets trying to put out the fires, crying, screaming...I felt terrible, and yes, I cried. I hope all of this ends, it HAS to end!!

My hearts are with you all. I feel blessed to be able to talk to people with your courage. Hell, here in the northeast of the US, I've hardly experienced anything scarier in my land than a really bad lightning/thunder storm - not even a hurricane, just remains of some before they hit off the coast. I love you all and you're in my prayers!

Cubes, I'm glad to hear that your family is safe!

Lara, I just heard about the second bomb. Thank God you decided not to go!

I hope you're still alright. Stay strong!

as for the whole thing about having to leave - I think it's so wrong, but you (and everybody there) are so strong and brave!

I really can't understand why this is happening (I'm the kind of person that think that everything happens for a reason). After everything you've been through... Is a little bit of peace and quiet to much to ask for in those parts of the world?

I'm praying for you every day, hoping for this to end as soon as possible.

May God be with you!

Love **

Hi everyone,

OMG - did you see the news of the 2nd car bomb tonight? I was going to go into Beirut tonight but decided against it thank god because the bomb was on the route I take.

I watched the news crying - I feel a bit stupid but I know you understand that when you see the pictures on tv of the country you feel strongly about, it's just too sad...

I mean, I curse the place most days (like everyone who lives here) but there's no way I want to see all of this happening. I dunno, it's just a mess.

Cubes, I hope your family here is ok and safe.

My Mum and my brother and sister are worried sick and want me to go as soon as possible (as I was planning to go to London so I can get a job there) but I can't leave until I've finished my things here and anyway, why should we be bullied in to leaving? Look at all of us, spread all over the world because of war... and when I left Gaza, I thought I wouldn't cause my family to worry anymore.

Sorry for ranting on but I had to say it to someone.

I hope you all ok, and thanks for reading :)

OMG :shocked::boxed: the bomb was in achrafié ?! my aunt lives there...i'd better call....i'm really really sad about how things are going there....Lara ur 100 % right....i just feel like i'm gonna cry...Why ? Why ? why lebanese people must suffer ?!!! why can't they leave us alone just to live !!!!!!! i have just one thing to say STAY UNITED !!!! there's a french proverb which says : l'unité fait la force.....i think what's happening now is still much more worrying than what happened last summer....that's how our 15 yrs of war started...i hope ALL the lebanese have learned not to play with fire by hoping to get some help from that country or that other country because no one really want to help them...that's why they should stay united...and beleive in laicity and tolerance....lebanese people I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!

First of all, 7amdellah 3al salameh Lara.

Yesterday when I saw what's happened in Verdun I was very very angry & sad....those scenes of terrors...Oh my God...After Tripoli & Aschrafieh...

Just wanted to say STOP!!

Stop destroying Lebanon! Stop destroying what have taken years & years to built!! Stop trying to keep us 15 years back!

Stop trying to ruin our Dream!!!

They want to ruin the summer season as usual..they want to give a bad image of Lebanon abroad ...but they can't!

I agree with u cubes, ppl have to work hand in hand to get through this...

& i keep the faith of a GREAT LEBANON, independant & united!!

As I've already said the end of the tunnel is close...

I pray for all our relatives & friends living there & all who loves Lebanon

Take care of u all

First of all, 7amdellah 3al salameh Lara.

Yesterday when I saw what's happened in Verdun I was very very angry & sad....those scenes of terrors...Oh my God...After Tripoli & Aschrafieh...

Just wanted to say STOP!!

Stop destroying Lebanon! Stop destroying what have taken years & years to built!! Stop trying to keep us 15 years back!

Stop trying to ruin our Dream!!!

They want to ruin the summer season as usual..they want to give a bad image of Lebanon abroad ...but they can't!

I agree with u cubes, ppl have to work hand in hand to get through this...

& i keep the faith of a GREAT LEBANON, independant & united!!

As I've already said the end of the tunnel is close...

I pray for all our relatives & friends living there & all who loves Lebanon

Take care of u all

Oh God, this is terrible!!! I watch the news and cry my eyes out. I don't even know whether my Lebanese friends are ok or not... This is so unfair, all I can say is I'm with all of you, Lebanese people. I couldn't agree more with you, LebAngel: it's clear they want to ruin the Summer season again, they won't let Lebanon become a summer resort because that would mean much less bussiness for those we all know... But in the meantime lots of inocents are dieying and suffering in this nonsense. Please, STOP THIS MADNESS!!!

Hope all your loved ones over there are fine. All my love to you and them!

i just wanted to thank everyone who cared about us...well i now it's not much saying as i don't live in lebanon...but beleive me my heart and my soul is there..i thank God that i don't have any family up in the north...but the crazy are just threattening to make explosions everywhere !!!! Lara please be carefull.....

Again thanks for everyone...kate , blackqueen , Daka , sou , monshi....everyone...Thx for those kind words of comfort....