mandilambi

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who's Jackie Gunn???:blink:

She co-wrote the book Queen As It Began with Jim Jenkins and has been running the International Queen Fanclub for almost 30years now I guess, although I am not sure if it exists at all now...

I think her name is Jackie Smith now... (or was when I met her in the nineties, anyway) I think she got married in the early nineties and changed her name but I can't remember which one is her maiden name...

She is a friendly lady and nice to chat to. I remember her telling me that when she was interviewed for the job Roger was also present but she didn't recognise who it was. She said 'he looked familiar but I couldn't figure out who it really was'... Perhaps that's one of the reasons she was chosen for the job...

Actually, this story came to my mind recently when we were talking about making this site the official fanclub. Perhaps Mika would mind if his fanclub was actually run by real fans....

She co-wrote the book Queen As It Began with Jim Jenkins and has been running the International Queen Fanclub for almost 30years now I guess, although I am not sure if it exists at all now...

I think her name is Jackie Smith now... (or was when I met her in the nineties, anyway) I think she got married in the early nineties and changed her name but I can't remember which one is her maiden name...

She is a friendly lady and nice to chat to. I remember her telling me that when she was interviewed for the job Roger was also present but she didn't recognise who it was. She said 'he looked familiar but I couldn't figure out who it really was'... Perhaps that's one of the reasons she was chosen for the job...

Actually, this story came to my mind recently when we were talking about making this site the official fanclub. Perhaps Mika would mind if his fanclub was actually run by real fans....

Ah! Thank you!!

Hahaha, shame!:roftl:

:roftl: :roftl: :thumb_yello:

Aweeeessomeeeeeeeeeeeee

FREDDIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue2: How nice to see ya around, my fellow Romanian-sense-of-humour pal! How are things in tha other side of the Big Lagoon:roftl: ? Too bad I can't be online as often as I used to, imagine the conversations we could have...

Anyways, I don't know if this has been brought in here yet, if so, please forgive me, I don't have time to read all the posts. Have any of you got the new CD/DVD in Montreal? I want it soooooo bad but I wish I had some reviews.

Oh wow that was hilarious!! :roftl:

I especially loved the Roger and Brian at the beginning. And the way he did Freddie was great, with the little "Dayyyo" at the end of each part.

I know!! He is freaking good!!! I loved Roger too!!! But the whole thing was brilliant!:roftl:

Anyways, I don't know if this has been brought in here yet, if so, please forgive me, I don't have time to read all the posts. Have any of you got the new CD/DVD in Montreal? I want it soooooo bad but I wish I had some reviews.

I haven't heard it myself either, but I have heard form other people that is brilliant!!! (as usual)

TEACH YOURSELF FREDDIE MERCURY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnsD8MyThYI

IT´S HILARIOUS!! :lmao:

that video was friggen hilarious:roftl: THANKyou Queenie

I havent met Jackie Gunn, that was her name years ago when I was a fanclub member, the fan club is still going but not as popular because of all the info being online now and free... So anyway I cant go to the party as I have noone for my kids I am really gutted as I have NEVER been to any convention b4 and would really have liked to go...Next time!:sneaky2:

These reviews are from Amazon, I am thinking about buying it, but so much of the Queen stuff released since Freddies sad death, are just 'tarted up' remakes....

Is this really completely unreleased before, I have loads of videos and many of them are almost duplicates previous ones.....

Andy will know, we should ask him, he is at the Queen party now:sneaky2: , so when hes back tomorrow I wil message him:biggrin2:

What a shame!, 2 Nov 2007

By T. J. Riches "Timbo" (Godalming) - See all my reviews

If you are familiar or indeed grown-up on Live Killers, Queen on Fire and Wembley '86 please steer well clear of this sorry event. The band are as good as you'd expect but the whole event is a wet flannel. Considering this gig had been properly filmed etc and presumably the audience aware, the whole event is a real disappointment. You sense that even Freddie gets mildly annoyed at the lack of audience participation on a nunber of occasions. I found it a real drag compared to the Milton Keynes gig barely 6 months later in June '82. Fair play, I'm so used to that album, but the whole vibe about that really encapsulates Queen with an audience giving all they had! Alright I was there and possibly a tad biased, even so I know my Queen.

Listen, save your money this is possibly a gig too far! Comment (1) | Permalink | Was this review helpful to you? (Report this)

'Rock Montreal' rocks!, 1 Nov 2007

By Logan (Bucharest, Romania) - See all my reviews

I have been waiting for this album for a very long time because I am a big fan of Queen and a bigger fan of Queen live. And Queen Rock Montreal is really worth buying. The sound is fantastic, like it was recorded last week (the drums, in particular, sound amazing). If you buy the album on CD, you'd better buy one of the two DVD versions too. Comment | Permalink | Was this review helpful to you? (Report this)

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:

Best Queen live offering yet, 30 Oct 2007

By Magic Rat "Magic Rat" (uk) - See all my reviews

Queen live albums have improved over the years, as more and more hitherto unreleased concerts seem to be "being discovered". Quite why they have taken this long to release them is anybody's guess. 1979's "Live Killers" was marred by poor sound, as (to a certain extent) was the somewhat muddy sound of the 1986 concert "Live At Wembley". "Queen On Fire" (originally from 1982, but released just a couple of years ago) was much better, but this recording, from late 1981 is excellent. Queen are on top form, still no keyboards (Freddie on piano only), just the four of them, as we loved them best. I do wish they had played tracks like "Killer Queen" and "I'm In Love With My Car" in their entireity though, not spoiled and truncated in that strange early-set "medley". Small matter though. Overall highly recommended. Comment | Permalink | Was this review helpful to you? (Report this)

hey i have got boh rap and these are the days of our life also the greatest hits 1 book. I am not a musician but my nephew has played from these books(HE is an amazing musician) and the songs sound all correct and brillliant!!

what happeded with the LICM book?

These reviews are from Amazon, I am thinking about buying it, but so much of the Queen stuff released since Freddies sad death, are just 'tarted up' remakes....

Is this really completely unreleased before, I have loads of videos and many of them are almost duplicates previous ones.....

Andy will know, we should ask him, he is at the Queen party now:sneaky2: , so when hes back tomorrow I wil message him:biggrin2:

What a shame!, 2 Nov 2007

By T. J. Riches "Timbo" (Godalming) - See all my reviews

If you are familiar or indeed grown-up on Live Killers, Queen on Fire and Wembley '86 please steer well clear of this sorry event. The band are as good as you'd expect but the whole event is a wet flannel. Considering this gig had been properly filmed etc and presumably the audience aware, the whole event is a real disappointment. You sense that even Freddie gets mildly annoyed at the lack of audience participation on a nunber of occasions. I found it a real drag compared to the Milton Keynes gig barely 6 months later in June '82. Fair play, I'm so used to that album, but the whole vibe about that really encapsulates Queen with an audience giving all they had! Alright I was there and possibly a tad biased, even so I know my Queen.

Listen, save your money this is possibly a gig too far! Comment (1) | Permalink | Was this review helpful to you? (Report this)

'Rock Montreal' rocks!, 1 Nov 2007

By Logan (Bucharest, Romania) - See all my reviews

I have been waiting for this album for a very long time because I am a big fan of Queen and a bigger fan of Queen live. And Queen Rock Montreal is really worth buying. The sound is fantastic, like it was recorded last week (the drums, in particular, sound amazing). If you buy the album on CD, you'd better buy one of the two DVD versions too. Comment | Permalink | Was this review helpful to you? (Report this)

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:

Best Queen live offering yet, 30 Oct 2007

By Magic Rat "Magic Rat" (uk) - See all my reviews

Queen live albums have improved over the years, as more and more hitherto unreleased concerts seem to be "being discovered". Quite why they have taken this long to release them is anybody's guess. 1979's "Live Killers" was marred by poor sound, as (to a certain extent) was the somewhat muddy sound of the 1986 concert "Live At Wembley". "Queen On Fire" (originally from 1982, but released just a couple of years ago) was much better, but this recording, from late 1981 is excellent. Queen are on top form, still no keyboards (Freddie on piano only), just the four of them, as we loved them best. I do wish they had played tracks like "Killer Queen" and "I'm In Love With My Car" in their entireity though, not spoiled and truncated in that strange early-set "medley". Small matter though. Overall highly recommended. Comment | Permalink | Was this review helpful to you? (Report this)

Thanks a lot Jen!!! I knew I could count on you all :thumb_yello: I want to rush to the shop to buy it right away! I can't wait to have it in my hands, sounds like amazing stuff.

PS: I hate Andy, hehehe.