They want you to play in the third movie" 0:D

MIKA official @mikasounds

'So True!

From what I saw your party looked epic btw,

happy belated birthday!'

In reply to Perez Hilton

@PerezHilton

'clearly its my favourite off the record' ;)

In reply to Perez Hilton

@mikasounds

'Bang bang! Shoot ya dead!!!'

In reply to MIKA official

Retweeted by MIKA official

'there must be a better way.

an old-fashioned 'rent-a-plate' system would be so much better.

return your plate and cutlery & get money back...'

'after a yr in the studio am visualising the huge pile there would be

if you stacked up all the plastic and paper from 12 months of takeout'

Edited by A. Clay

1,271 Twitter Updates

# count adjusted by Twitter:

app_3_2231777543_1569.gif.jpg

:Update:

200px-Mika-2009.jpg

FROM Mr."M"

Alice ‏@ACLAYsuper

‏@mikasounds

'I don't know why exactly,#MIKA,

but I was kind of surprised that this caught your attention . . .'

[YouTube]rFQ7T8iiNEo[/YouTube]

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

'PLEASE watch this its AMAZING'

http://tinyurl.com/7h2949q

'Congressman Bobby Rush is so right,

fear those wearing quasi official clothes not a hoodie'

http://twitpic.com/show/thumb/p2pps.jpg

artworks-000020683427-k9mzvg-crop.jpg?04f7840

Trayvon Martin Case:

Skittles, Arizona Iced Tea Speak Out About

'Commercial Gain' In Death Of Florida Teen

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/320193/20120327/trayvon-martin-case-skittles-arizona-iced-florida.htm

Edited by A. Clay

1,271-1,272 Twitter Updates

200px-Mika-2009.jpg

FROM Mr."M"

MIKA XL Column April 2012

The Return Of Pulcinella

A woman with dark brown hair, sits on the subway on a January afternoon in New York city. She is conservative looking, wearing khakis a sweater and a long black coat to shield her from the January cold. As she reads her book, she has no idea that she is being secretly filmed and that she is about to star in a piece of absurdist theatre that would make even Ionesco proud. The train stops, a man walks onto the carriage and stands in front of her. He is normally dressed, wearing a coat and backpack. The only thing missing are his trousers. Over the next 6 consecutive stops, 6 more men are waiting to get on to the same carriage, all of whom are also not wearing any trousers. As they each get on to the train, they do not react to each other, leaving the brunette baffled and somewhat intimidated. It is only when, 10 minutes into the video, she makes eye contact with the person sitting in front of her that her nervousness disappears and she breaks into a smile. By sharing this moment with another observer like herself, she is able to enjoy the absurdity of the situation and no longer feels threatened. It is this moment, where she shifts from being a solitary whiteness to part of a group sharing a remarkable experience, which makes it one of the best pieces of street theatre I have ever seen, and it set my mind spinning; could more moments like this actually help make the world a better place?

This video from 2002, is the work of Charlie Todd, founder and director of Improv Everywhere, a New York street theatre company that has overseen over 100 Flash Mob ‘missions’ around the world. Over the past few years the term Flash Mob has become part of popular culture. Who could deny the rush of stumbling across 50 people standing in the windows of a department store in New York doing a choreographed dance, for no reason what so ever. Or the joy of seeing a few hundred people all break into random dance in the middle of a train station, whilst listening to the same song on their iPods. In a public flash mob event, the accidental spectator is as much part of the performance as the volunteer in on the surprise. Flash mobs are now often looked upon with distrust, as a pointless disturbance by unemployed time wasters with nothing better to do. This is not true and although the concept has been exploited and abused by corporations trying to push their products, in its purest form, it is culturally significant and a reaction to the time we live in and is a continuation of absurdist theatre that goes back hundreds of years.

According to folklore, the absurdist playwright Eugène Ionesco, used to do similar things on the Paris Metro in the 1950s. He would strike up a conversation with a woman, who appeared to be a stranger. They would take turns asking each other questions, reacting with great surprise when they shared the same answer. The questions would get increasingly personal and the conversation more and more excited, as the rest of the passengers would watch it all unfold. The climax would be reached when Ionesco and the woman would finally discover that they were in fact husband and wife. Happy with the news they would embrace and get off together at the next stop, leaving behind them a dumbfounded ‘audience’ in the train car. Like in the New York missing trousers sketch, what the fellow passengers didn’t realise was that they were unified by the experience and probably much happier and more alive than before it.

As human beings we are often our own worst enemy. We are always so desperate to find value and meaning in life, yet we know that finding a real answer to that is humanly impossible. There is just too much information out there and too many uncertainties, so how can a certain answer ever be found? This chase for an answer is in itself absurd. So often, I find myself sitting on a train completely divorced from the world around me. My ambitions and ultimately my goal to justify why I am here and my self worth, take control of me and leave me unhappy. Witnessing a moment like the missing trousers sketch, would make me re-engage with reality and find beauty right in front of me.

Absurdity could help make the world a more tolerant place. By finally laughing at the situation on the NY subway, the brunette, ‘let go’ just a little. She chilled out and enjoyed herself. She no longer judged the men without trousers she accepted them. She saw that they could make everyone smile and come together and in a small way, saw that they had value. Her smile was probably the most philosophical decision she made that day. Remember a time in your life when you received a fantastic piece of news. Suddenly in your good humour, nothing irritated you any more and things that would normally make you angry suddenly seem irrelevant. Kinda of like being in love; inevitably your love spills over on to others, even total strangers. In this state of mind, there is no need for God fearing heaven or hell, there is no obvious right and wrong, there isn’t even a need for hope. If you are not given the choice of hope, then you forced to make the absolute most of every moment. You don’t just say, like a politician, that things ‘will one day get better’ you say ‘I have just done something which has made life a tiny bit better and will continue to do more of those things.’ By not having a clear right or wrong, no one can be vilified and no one is a saint. Instead we are forced to be more tolerant of each other. We realise that life, and also hate are absurd.

These concepts are not so strange. They are presented to us every day, unfortunately mostly in art and hardly ever in politics. We find it in works such as Vittorio De Sica’s Miracle in Milan, Fellini’s Dolce Vita, Wes Anderson’s The Royal Tenenbaums, almost all Woody Allen films, Exupery’s Petit Prince, AA Milne’s Whinie The Pooh, and in my hero Dario Fo’s Accidental Death of An Anarchist.

In 17th century Naples, Comedia Del Arte found an absurd comic hero in the character of Pulcinella. Always playing dumb, he made people laugh at himself and themselves. He used absurdity to criticise politics and to humanise even leaders of the Roman Catholic Church. We still need and crave Pulcinella. Perhaps in times of such instability like today, leaders of faith and politics could learn from the beautiful moment in the New York Subway in 2002. However, seeing as they probably won’t it is our responsibility as individuals to show them how absurdity can undermine the abuse of power and by admitting that we all share the same fundamental struggles, bring us together. This I suspect is what governments and religious institutions alike, really fear the most.

[YouTube]217mhbpADN0[/YouTube]

[YouTube]ooUqOwh-2LE[/YouTube]

@krysady

'the new article posted on Facebook has the end chopped off.

getting it fixed now, then will post link'

Cristina ‏@krysady

@mikasounds

'Already read it,it's on your Facebook page.'

'check out this link to my XL La Repubblica column,

new one about to be posted'

http://tinyurl.com/bwdahad

Edited by A. Clay

1,273-1,280 Twitter Updates

200px-Mika-2009.jpg

FROM Mr."M"

@alexandergold

'this is a nice tweet'

In reply to Alex Goldschmidt

Alex Goldschmidt @alexandergold

@mikasounds

'You're looking sauve and sexy, sir.'

@Froy

'yes. But only Jamaican food'

In reply to Troy Lambrecht

Troy Lambrecht @Froy

@mikasounds

'So you guys do free delivery? Can I order something?'

@YulsMcFuls

'haha!!'

In reply to Yulia Bananita

Yulia Bananita ‏@YulsMcFuls

@mikasounds

'hahah, Just because you were there,

you know if any of the MFC won, you'de be doing private shows for the rest of your life haha'

@notyourdan

'I wish'

In reply to Daniel Conroy

Daniel Conroy ‏@notyourdan

@mikasounds

'any chance you're performing in NYC this weekend?'

Eli Sadoff ‏@sadoffeli

@mikasounds

'haha. Don't get your hopes too high 1:127 million.'

Retweeted by MIKA official

'Of course he said he is going to give me just a couple million when he wins.

You know... to be nice'

'Lunch break.

Hello from NYC.

Lotto millions fever over here. 641 million jackpot.

Nick L has bought tickets of course'

View Photo:

ApQUzvhCEAA6ivE.jpg

Edited by A. Clay

1,281-1,283 Twitter Updates

tumblr_lrzzlpQGKA1qawnxco2_500.gif

FROM Mr."M"

'Not one number.

'Nick hasn't been made ridiculously rich tonight,

so fear not he will continue getting the record done'

ApSRn_VCAAEZ05t.jpg

Alice ‏@ACLAYsuper

@mikasounds

'your silence is golden'

'its in 6 minutes'

Alice ‏@ACLAYsuper

@mikasounds

'So you're going to see if Nicks #MegaMillions numbers are drawn at 11;

well tune in to #LottoFrenzy on @ABC2020 an hour earlier.'

Alice ‏@ACLAYsuper

@mikasounds

'I'll light a votive candle for you fellows . . .'

'only an hour to go before we find out if Nick Littlemore

has won $641m with his lottery ticket, and if he will be giving me some'

Edited by A. Clay

GREAT 'STAR ACADEMY' SHOW, MIKA, LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT:

YouTube [HD] links

Lollipop

Relax

Grace Kelly

Happy Ending

Interview I

Big Girl

Rain

Love Today

Elle Me Dit

Interview II

1,284-1,285 Twitter Updates

200px-Mika-2009.jpg

FROM Mr."M"

Fanboy_Confessional_Title.jpg

'tomorrow night Woody Allen quartet at the rather magic carlyle hotel,

i would be lying if i said i wasn't a complete and utter Allen fan boy'

woody.jpg

the_carlyle_cafe_v2_460x285.jpg

CAFÉ CARLYLE

Jan. 9-June 18

WOODY ALLEN & THE EDDY DAVIS NEW ORLEANS JAZZ BAND ~

Every Monday at 8:45 p.m. except March 19

Cover $135 per person ($95 bar seating + $25 drink min., $185 premium seating)

Full

woody-allen1.jpg

“I can’t listen to Wagner that much.

I start getting the urge to conquer Poland.”

Woody Allen

'back late from a writing session,

wrote a song that i completely love,

nyc is covered in rain tonight.

sessions tomorrow am and then....'

Edited by A. Clay

alt="Photobucket"></a>UOTE=A. Clay;3673742]1,271-1,272 Twitter Updates

200px-Mika-2009.jpg

FROM Mr."M"

MIKA XL Column April 2012

The Return Of Pulcinella

A woman with dark brown hair, sits on the subway on a January afternoon in New York city. She is conservative looking, wearing khakis a sweater and a long black coat to shield her from the January cold. As she reads her book, she has no idea that she is being secretly filmed and that she is about to star in a piece of absurdist theatre that would make even Ionesco proud. The train stops, a man walks onto the carriage and stands in front of her. He is normally dressed, wearing a coat and backpack. The only thing missing are his trousers. Over the next 6 consecutive stops, 6 more men are waiting to get on to the same carriage, all of whom are also not wearing any trousers. As they each get on to the train, they do not react to each other, leaving the brunette baffled and somewhat intimidated. It is only when, 10 minutes into the video, she makes eye contact with the person sitting in front of her that her nervousness disappears and she breaks into a smile. By sharing this moment with another observer like herself, she is able to enjoy the absurdity of the situation and no longer feels threatened. It is this moment, where she shifts from being a solitary whiteness to part of a group sharing a remarkable experience, which makes it one of the best pieces of street theatre I have ever seen, and it set my mind spinning; could more moments like this actually help make the world a better place?

This video from 2002, is the work of Charlie Todd, founder and director of Improv Everywhere, a New York street theatre company that has overseen over 100 Flash Mob ‘missions’ around the world. Over the past few years the term Flash Mob has become part of popular culture. Who could deny the rush of stumbling across 50 people standing in the windows of a department store in New York doing a choreographed dance, for no reason what so ever. Or the joy of seeing a few hundred people all break into random dance in the middle of a train station, whilst listening to the same song on their iPods. In a public flash mob event, the accidental spectator is as much part of the performance as the volunteer in on the surprise. Flash mobs are now often looked upon with distrust, as a pointless disturbance by unemployed time wasters with nothing better to do. This is not true and although the concept has been exploited and abused by corporations trying to push their products, in its purest form, it is culturally significant and a reaction to the time we live in and is a continuation of absurdist theatre that goes back hundreds of years.

According to folklore, the absurdist playwright Eugène Ionesco, used to do similar things on the Paris Metro in the 1950s. He would strike up a conversation with a woman, who appeared to be a stranger. They would take turns asking each other questions, reacting with great surprise when they shared the same answer. The questions would get increasingly personal and the conversation more and more excited, as the rest of the passengers would watch it all unfold. The climax would be reached when Ionesco and the woman would finally discover that they were in fact husband and wife. Happy with the news they would embrace and get off together at the next stop, leaving behind them a dumbfounded ‘audience’ in the train car. Like in the New York missing trousers sketch, what the fellow passengers didn’t realise was that they were unified by the experience and probably much happier and more alive than before it.

As human beings we are often our own worst enemy. We are always so desperate to find value and meaning in life, yet we know that finding a real answer to that is humanly impossible. There is just too much information out there and too many uncertainties, so how can a certain answer ever be found? This chase for an answer is in itself absurd. So often, I find myself sitting on a train completely divorced from the world around me. My ambitions and ultimately my goal to justify why I am here and my self worth, take control of me and leave me unhappy. Witnessing a moment like the missing trousers sketch, would make me re-engage with reality and find beauty right in front of me.

Absurdity could help make the world a more tolerant place. By finally laughing at the situation on the NY subway, the brunette, ‘let go’ just a little. She chilled out and enjoyed herself. She no longer judged the men without trousers she accepted them. She saw that they could make everyone smile and come together and in a small way, saw that they had value. Her smile was probably the most philosophical decision she made that day. Remember a time in your life when you received a fantastic piece of news. Suddenly in your good humour, nothing irritated you any more and things that would normally make you angry suddenly seem irrelevant. Kinda of like being in love; inevitably your love spills over on to others, even total strangers. In this state of mind, there is no need for God fearing heaven or hell, there is no obvious right and wrong, there isn’t even a need for hope. If you are not given the choice of hope, then you forced to make the absolute most of every moment. You don’t just say, like a politician, that things ‘will one day get better’ you say ‘I have just done something which has made life a tiny bit better and will continue to do more of those things.’ By not having a clear right or wrong, no one can be vilified and no one is a saint. Instead we are forced to be more tolerant of each other. We realise that life, and also hate are absurd.

These concepts are not so strange. They are presented to us every day, unfortunately mostly in art and hardly ever in politics. We find it in works such as Vittorio De Sica’s Miracle in Milan, Fellini’s Dolce Vita, Wes Anderson’s The Royal Tenenbaums, almost all Woody Allen films, Exupery’s Petit Prince, AA Milne’s Whinie The Pooh, and in my hero Dario Fo’s Accidental Death of An Anarchist.

In 17th century Naples, Comedia Del Arte found an absurd comic hero in the character of Pulcinella. Always playing dumb, he made people laugh at himself and themselves. He used absurdity to criticise politics and to humanise even leaders of the Roman Catholic Church. We still need and crave Pulcinella. Perhaps in times of such instability like today, leaders of faith and politics could learn from the beautiful moment in the New York Subway in 2002. However, seeing as they probably won’t it is our responsibility as individuals to show them how absurdity can undermine the abuse of power and by admitting that we all share the same fundamental struggles, bring us together. This I suspect is what governments and religious institutions alike, really fear the most.

[YouTube]217mhbpADN0[/YouTube]

[YouTube]ooUqOwh-2LE[/YouTube]

@krysady

'the new article posted on Facebook has the end chopped off.

getting it fixed now, then will post link'

Cristina ‏@krysady

@mikasounds

'Already read it,it's on your Facebook page.'

'check out this link to my XL La Repubblica column,

new one about to be posted'

http://tinyurl.com/bwdahad

OHHH thanks for your new information i promise to read and to read...

again and again now...

m_f57373ffcc1b4a71cb8d0f6ff9ac6c9d.gif

m_d83c3979d891d4197bfdbc382bbdb2e1.gifLotusYoga.gif

post-20706-142983697303_thumb.jpg

Edited by mer

1,286-1,287 Twitter Updates

200px-Mika-2009.jpg

FROM Mr."M"

Alice ‏@ACLAYsuper

@mikasounds

'I KNOW It'll be great.

It's ready when it's ready, right?'

In reply to MIKA Official

'but the record has never sounded better and is almost done' x

Alice ‏ @ACLAYsuper

@mikasounds

'. . . gawd, take a break man . . .'

'have eyes hurting from the sun,

tired and bleary eyed from sessions

and no longer knowing what time it is,

in short slightly mad, or madder'

Edited by A. Clay

1,288 Twitter Updates

200px-Mika-2009.jpg

FROM Mr."M"

mini-graphics-cheerleader-383068.gif

Alice ‏@ACLAYsuper

@mikasounds

"How cute is THAT 'how ya doin' ?"

"lyric for today;

'standing on the field with your pretty pom pom,

now your working at the movies selling popular corn..'"

paranoid.gifparty.gifgirl_impossible.gifparty.gifgirl_impossible.gifparty.gifgirl_impossible.gifparanoid.gif

Edited by A. Clay

1,289 Twitter Updates

200px-Mika-2009.jpg

FROM Mr."M"

Alice ‏@ACLAYsuper

@mikasounds

'That's Columbus Circle at the corner of Central Park.

Glad you're enjoying a good meal before heading home.

'Loving my first day off in NY before flying home tonight.

Had lunch at MAD with THIS view from the table !!'

Image:

Ap6b3M0CMAEfpDk.jpg

MAD_Exterior2.jpg

http://www.madmuseum.org/

Mad About Design

http://moreintelligentlife.com/story/mad-about-design

RUBBER GLOVE DRESS--

gown+of+rubber+gloves+A.jpg

Edited by A. Clay

1,290 Twitter Updates