Does Mika speak Spanish?

harabel

Hi everyone!

I've heard "Lips don't lie" cover and Mika pronounces a few words in Spanish SO WELL... Also I've seen in youtube some short videos about his concert in Madrid. Before singing Grace Kelly, Mika says: "hace dos años estaba muy enfadado, entonces escribí esta canción y cambió mi vida" ("I was so angry two years ago, then I wrote this song and it changed my life"); he needs a little help, but his pronunciacion is quite good...

Does anybody know if he speaks Spanish? Just to know it, cause, just imagine... If I ever meet him, I couldn't talk to him with my terrible English, and he would see a crazy girl running to him, screaming and speaking in a strange language... I'm sure he would start screaming for help...:lol3:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone!

I've heard "Lips don't lie" cover and Mika pronounces a few words in Spanish SO WELL... Also I've seen in youtube some short videos about his concert in Madrid. Before singing Grace Kelly, Mika says: "hace dos años estaba muy enfadado, entonces escribí esta canción y cambió mi vida" ("I was so angry two years ago, then I wrote this song and it changed my life"); he needs a little help, but his pronunciacion is quite good...

Does anybody know if he speaks Spanish? Just to know it, cause, just imagine... If I ever meet him, I couldn't talk to him with my terrible English, and he would see a crazy girl running to him, screaming and speaking in a strange language... I'm sure he would start screaming for help...:lol3:

LIPS DONT LIE LMFAO

Made me laugh!

as far as I know he doesnt speak spanish...he may have said that sentence in that language just to communicate with his audience more.

I'm pretty sure he DOES speak Spanish.....

He's fluet in English and French....speaks Spanish quite well and knows some basics of Arab I think.....

Am I right? Please correct me if I'm wrong....But I guess I've heard this quite often in interviews...

ahhh idk sorry! but i was wondering if mika is dyslexic how is he so smart? cus i know he said that he didnt do very well in school but he can speak different languages fluently and that takes a lot of memorization! hes just amazing!

just because someone's dyslexic, doesnt mean they're thick LOL

they can learn by ear and pictures and colours etc...not everything is written down

I'm pretty sure he DOES speak Spanish.....

He's fluet in English and French....speaks Spanish quite well and knows some basics of Arab I think.....

Am I right? Please correct me if I'm wrong....But I guess I've heard this quite often in interviews...

im pretty sure thats all correct...hes very talented in the languages department

just because someone's dyslexic, doesnt mean they're thick LOL

they can learn by ear and pictures and colours etc...not everything is written down

noooo haha i didnt mean he would be stupid cus he was dyslexic nope nope nope! my dad used to be dyslexic and now hes a doctor..i just meant that its harder for them maybe because of the reading difficulty...i give mika mad props..im only taking spanish and i definitly dont think im ever gonna be able to speak it fluently..he speaks soo many!

yeah i know what you mean, ive been taking italian for 4 years...and i still have troubles, he could def learn by hearing though

i should really learn italian...as i am part italian...

but i would rather be TAUGHT it...not those silly little tapes you play in ur home! lol

He was probably fluent in French and English with some exposure to Arabic long before he would have learned to read and write anyway. I don't think the dyslexia would have had a negative impact on his oral language skills. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if some of his aural ability (music, language, etc.) wasn't a compensation for the fact that he struggled with the visual stuff.

I am surprised he is so exceptionally articulate in English though. I know a lot of anglophones who were educated in French speaking schools and their English suffers because of it. Since French is Mika's first language, it's all the more remarkable.

I'm guessing his IQ is well above average.

noooo haha i didnt mean he would be stupid cus he was dyslexic nope nope nope! my dad used to be dyslexic and now hes a doctor..i just meant that its harder for them maybe because of the reading difficulty...i give mika mad props..im only taking spanish and i definitly dont think im ever gonna be able to speak it fluently..he speaks soo many!

It is probably harder for him to learn, but the fact that he HAS learned just shows how intelligent he is... Most people don't speak as many languages as he does...

And I'm pretty sure he speaks Spanish, and not just a few words for the audience... :thumb_yello:

oh would i hahaha...im not horrible with vocab, but my grammer is awful lol

italian grammar is not easy!!! also italian people has a lot problem with it!!so don't worry about that!! :thumb_yello:

In this intereview he said Spanish is one of his 3 languages. (He may understand some Arabic but does not speak it fluently. )http://www.icebergradio.com/mika recorded in March of 2007 in Toronto, Canada . :biggrin2:

thank you for the link...i've never heard this interview! :wink2:

Oh hey, thanks for that, I've never heard this interview. This reminds me of the 6 degrees of separation thread. I've met Steve Anthony (the interviewer) a couple of times and have worked with people who know him well so I guess this puts me 2 degrees from Mika :biggrin2:

I think the multiple language thing has contributed to some of his worldwide success. You can tell the French and the French Canadians are thrilled to be able to do interviews with him in French and I think it's gaining him more publicity than usual in those regions.

italian grammar is not easy!!! also italian people has a lot problem with it!!so don't worry about that!! :thumb_yello:

thank you for the link...i've never heard this interview! :wink2:

haha good..we just learned subjunctive tense and imm so lost with it