Article on Le Matin Online

Here's an article I just found on Le Matin Online

http://www.lematin.ch/pages/home/people/people__1?contenu=256548

Translation coming up in a moment :D

MIKA - PORTOFINO

Sur la crête de la vague

sur_la_crete_de_la_vague.jpg

DR

Mika, tout sourire, sur la Méditerranée en compagnie d'une amie. En tournée européenne depuis le 4 avril, il fait une pause à Portofino en Italie, avant son concert de vendredi à Brighton, en Angleterre.

Alors que son 1er album caracole en tête des ventes en Europe, le chanteur s'éclate avec ses amis en Italie

Ludovic Jaccard - 09/05/2007

Le Matin

Poursuivant sa tournée européenne, Mika (23 ans), la nouvelle révélation musicale de l'année, s'est offert une petite pause de quelques jours, en compagnie d'amis intimes. C'est sous le soleil de Portofino, en Italie, que le jeune homme à la mèche rebelle a été aperçu récemment. Au programme: promenades dans les ruelles du village et randonnées sportives en Jet-ski.

Détente bienvenue

Seul ou accompagné, Mika semble ravi de piloter son scooter des mers. Le jeune chanteur libano-américain a certainement dû apprécier ces moments de détentes, bien loin du stress de New York où il vient de s'installer.

Phénomène musical

Souvent comparé au regretté leader de Queen Freddie Mercury en raison de son timbre de voix, il fait un tabac avec son premier album aux sonorités disco pop, «Life In Cartoon Motion».

Paru le 5 février dernier, il s'est déjà écoulé à plus de 155 000 exemplaires rien qu'en France. Et les critiques sont dithyrambiques: «Mika va conquérir les dancefloors avec sa pop toujours élégante et colorée», affirme le journal Times.

Bien vu! Les billets de ses concerts s'arrachent et son public ne cesse de grandir. Gageons que cette courte escapade balnéaire aura permis au jeune prodige de recharger ses batteries avant de retrouver la scène.

Mika

Né le 18 août 1983 à Beyrouth, au Liban d'une mère libanaise et d'un père américain, Mika, de son vrai nom Mica Penniman, a été remarqué en septembre 2006, lors d'un passage à la radio anglaise. Son single «Relax, (Take It Easy)» a atteint la 1re place des charts anglais uniquement grâce au téléchargement.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooooooooooooooo here's the translation :D

MIKA - PORTOFINO

On top of the wave

DR

Mika, all smile, on the Mediterranean with a friend. On his European Tour since April 4th, he takes a break in Portofino, Italy before his friday gig in Brighton, England.

While his first album is prancing on top of the sales in Europe, the singer has a blast with his friends in Italy

Le Matin

Continuing his european tout, Mika (23 years old), the new musical revelation of the year, has offered himself a few days off with his close friends. It's under the Portofino sun, in Italy, that the young man with the rebel locks was spotted recently. On the program: walks in the streets of the village and Jet-Ski rides.

Welcomed relaxing

Alone or accompanied, Mika seems delighted to ride his scooter of the sea. The young lebanese-american singer must have certainly enjoyed these relaxing moments, far from the stress of New York, where he just recently moved.

Musical Phenomenon

Often compared to the late Queen leader Freddie Mercury because of the tone of his voice, he's having tremendous succes with his first disco-pop sounding album, "Life In Cartoon Motion".

Released on February 5th, it has already sold more than 155 000 copies in France alone. And the critics are dithyrambic: "Mika is going to conquer the dancefloors with his always elegant and colorful pop", says the Times journal.

Well put ! The tickets for his concert are sought after and his fan base won't stop growing. We can bet this short sunny trip has allowed the young prodigy to reload his batteries before going back on stage.

Mika

Born on August 18th, 1983 in Beirut, Lebanon to a lebanese mother and an american father, Mika, Mica Penniman is his real name, was noticed in spetember 2006, while he was on a british radio station. His single "Relax (Take It Easy)" has reached the number one spot on the british charts on dowloads alone.

MIKA - PORTOFINO

On top of the wave

DR

Mika, all smile, on the Mediterranean with a friend. On his European Tour since April 4th, he takes a break in Portofino, Italy before his friday gig in Brighton, England.

While his first album is prancing on top of the sales in Europe, the singer has a blast with his friends in Italy

Le Matin

Continuing his european tout, Mika (23 years old), the new musical revelation of the year, has offered himself a few days off with his close friends. It's under the Portofino sun, in Italy, that the young man with the rebel locks was spotted recently. On the program: walks in the streets of the village and Jet-Ski rides.

Welcomed relaxing

Alone or accompanied, Mika seems delighted to ride his scooter of the sea. The young lebanese-american singer must have certainly enjoyed these relaxing moments, far from the stress of New York, where he just recently moved.

Musical Phenomenon

Often compared to the late Queen leader Freddie Mercury because of the tone of his voice, he's having tremendous succes with his first disco-pop sounding album, "Life In Cartoon Motion".

Released on February 5th, it has already sold more than 155 000 copies in France alone. And the critics are dithyrambic: "Mika is going to conquer the dancefloors with his always elegant and colorful pop", says the Times journal.

Well put ! The tickets for his concert are sought after and his fan base won't stop growing. We can bet this short sunny trip has allowed the young prodigy to reload his batteries before going back on stage.

Mika

Born on August 18th, 1983 in Beirut, Lebanon to a lebanese mother and an american father, Mika, Mica Penniman is his real name, was noticed in spetember 2006, while he was on a british radio station. His single "Relax (Take It Easy)" has reached the number one spot on the british charts on dowloads alone.

thank u :)

I said this in another thread but..doesn't the girl he's with kinda look like Lollipop Girl??? Like, features-wise? Maybe I'm just imagining things :bleh:

I'm fairly positive that it is her. They have the same face, anyway. I've never seen her without the wig.

Mika @ Trabendo, Paris. 4 avril 2007

As a result of all this controversy surrounding the picture I completely missed an important detail of the article:

"The young lebanese-american singer must have certainly enjoyed these relaxing moments, far from the stress of New York, where he just recently moved."

I didn't know that!

(NYU or Columbia it is, then ;) haha JUST KIDDING)

As a result of all this controversy surrounding the picture I completely missed an important detail of the article:

"The young lebanese-american singer must have certainly enjoyed these relaxing moments, far from the stress of New York, where he just recently moved."

I didn't know that!

(NYU or Columbia it is, then ;) haha JUST KIDDING)

I'm not sure this information is correct though... Remember in all the articles that have been posted on here, there's always at least one incorect information. And I've heard him say in a recent interview that London will always be home to him and that his still lives in his parents basement.

I don't know I'll believe this when I hear it from the man himself.

I'm not sure this information is correct though... Remember in all the articles that have been posted on here, there's always at least one incorect information. And I've heard him say in a recent interview that London will always be home to him and that his still lives in his parents basement.

Yeah. See, I have trouble believing that he, who seems so incredibly family oriented, would move to a different COUNTRY than they.

Yeah, that's true.. Maybe he just got an apartment there or something so he wouldn't have to stay at a hotel if he's planning on being in NYC a lot. Or, as you said, it could be completely false. oh well! :bleh:

First of all thanks for the article and translation!

Wow, I was just thinking the other day about how we've never seen Mika in shorts and bam, there's a picture of him in shorts. I wasn't even going to get on tonight but I'm glad I did! It's like they read my mind...well, now I want to see a picture of Mika without a shirt on. *crosses fingers that it works again* lol.

Thanks so much! My French is getting better since I've been trying to understand all of these French videos and articles, but I still need lots of help! I appreciate the translation! :)

dcdeb

Thanks so much! My French is getting better since I've been trying to understand all of these French videos and articles, but I still need lots of help! I appreciate the translation! :)

dcdeb

My pleaaaaaaasure !! I enjoy translating articles and vids... if you ever need any help in french pm me here or on myspace I'd be happy to help you :D

My pleaaaaaaasure !! I enjoy translating articles and vids... if you ever need any help in french pm me here or on myspace I'd be happy to help you :D

I do need lots of help... but that's not just with French :wink2:

But thank you for the offer -- I'm sure I will take you up on it!

dcdeb :)

Thanks a LOT, Sunshine!!!

lots of new information - although I don't think either, that he has permanently moved to NY.... as you already mentioned, he said in another interview that he will always keep London as his homebase...

aaand - slowly but surely I tend to think that Mika has made up his often quoted 'terrible fear of water' during one of the boring "I was born in 1983 in Beirut....and wrote Grace Kelly because...." interviews LOL :roftl:

I've read in a German interview that he said he was quite good at waterskiing....

and now that pic here perplexed me a little again...

Mika, Mika.... does that mean your water fear and the spoon orchestra of Cheswick have something in common...? :roftl:

No, just kidding, did he actually ever SAY that water-thing or has it always been just the FISH in the water he didn't appreciate too much...:wink2: