The Knitting Thread

Ioana

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was going to get some black Ray-Bans until I saw the price. I'm not paying 90+ dollars for sunglasses, no matter how cool they may be...lol.

That's cheaper than here: Mica's ones in black sell for $150. I was tempted to buy them but summer is ages away so it's pointless. I'm glad I didn't buy them now, the white with black interior is infinitely cooler so I shall hunt them down instead. :wink2:

That's cheaper than here: Mica's ones in black sell for $150. I was tempted to buy them but summer is ages away so it's pointless. I'm glad I didn't buy them now, the white with black interior is infinitely cooler so I shall hunt them down instead. :wink2:

Aaaaaggghhh !!! I used to have a pair of them .... ORIGINALS ..... It will take me a while (not tonight) ... but i can show you a pic of me :blush-anim-cl: wearing them !!!!! :biggrin2::wink2:

Aaaaaggghhh !!! I used to have a pair of them .... ORIGINALS ..... It will take me a while (not tonight) ... but i can show you a pic of me wearing them !!!!!

You have original Ray Ban Wayriders? Cool! :cool:

I just made my own exact duplicate of the shirt and ordered it. I need to stop using my credit card... Hey, creating it myself saved me almost $25.

gcfront.jpggcback.jpg

Hehe, that's smart. :naughty:

But its not made in an eco-friendly way and the proceeds don't go to the charity. :(

Hehe, that's smart. :naughty:

But its not made in an eco-friendly way and the proceeds don't go to the charity. :(

I know. :( I thought of that... But I was desperate for that shirt and couldn't order it from global cool anyway because I'm not from the UK. :(

But it's...advertisement for the charity, anyway.

Raising awareness of global warming is a safer bet for a motive. :thumb_yello:

Yes, of course. That was my motive for doing it. :naughty::thumb_yello:

But really, I am seriously into the whole environmental thing. I was a member of the Environmentalist Club in high school and we all went out and planted trees and cleaned up the roads. Everyone used to make fun of us and call us dirty hippies and tree huggers. :roftl:

Yes, of course. That was my motive for doing it. But really, I am seriously into the whole environmental thing. I was a member of the Environmentalist Club in high school and we all went out and planted trees and cleaned up the roads. Everyone used to make fun of us and call us dirty hippies and tree huggers.

Go you! It's awesome when young people get involved in the intimidating yet important big issues. :thumb_yello:

In highschool I was a School Captain and a major tree-hugger. We planted trees and native Australian plants all around the school and built an eco-friendly pond and always took part in a national event called "Clean Up Australia Day". My uni now is also very eco-minded with recycling, pro-car-pooling and water- and power-saving initiatives. :original:

We've hijacked the thread. For the benefit of all, of course. :naughty:

Go you! It's awesome when young people get involved in the intimidating yet important big issues. :thumb_yello:

In highschool I was a School Captain and a major tree-hugger. We planted trees and native Australian plants all around the school and built an eco-friendly pond and always took part in a national event called "Clean Up Australia Day". My uni now is also very eco-minded with recycling, pro-car-pooling and water- and power-saving initiatives. :original:

We've hijacked the thread. For the benefit of all, of course. :naughty:

Awesome! :) I think that teenagers and young adults, more so than older people even, should feel inclined to get involved and help form the world that they will be living in for the next 70 years. Things like the environment, social activism, pacifism, etc. should be important to everyone, because they can only bring across good things, and everyone wants the world to be a better, more accepting and healthy place. You don't have to go so far as wearing only burlap or refusing to use heat and consequentially freezing yourself in the winter to make a difference, but just small things like cleaning up trash, opting for environmentally friendly vehicles and planting trees and plants can help make a big difference. :thumb_yello:

:roftl: Yeah, we hijacked it alright. Oh well.

Anyone have any new knitting patterns?

Awesome! :) I think that teenagers and young adults, more so than older people even, should feel inclined to get involved and help form the world that they will be living in for the next 70 years. Things like the environment, social activism, pacifism, etc. should be important to everyone, because they can only bring across good things, and everyone wants the world to be a better, more accepting and healthy place. You don't have to go so far as wearing only burlap or refusing to use heat and consequentially freezing yourself in the winter to make a difference, but just small things like cleaning up trash, opting for environmentally friendly vehicles and planting trees and plants can help make a big difference. :thumb_yello:

Those are wise words, you're right about the need for the young to get involved and that small and practical is better than large and inapplicable. I'm also big on establishing a Universal Health Care (a system in which the state funds health care and all people have equal right of access to it, which we have in Australia and to some degree in the UK but not in the US) worldwide and working elevate millions if not billions from poverty which is the root of many other problems: illness, economical instability and abuse of the environment...

I would look for some knitting patterns but I'm exhausted and I have a lecture at 8am I'm going to head to bed. Good night! :original:

That's really cool you're into saving the environment, Hannah. :-) *is admiring* This may seem random, but I always wanted to plant a tree on Earth day.

It's not at all cool those people called you hippies and such. I think I'd be proud to be called a tree hugger, though. I think the people who do those kind of name-calling are mockers and the kind of people that throw trash in the streets. Some of my cousins did that, after they government/people had spent a fortune to clean it up. I was furious. :furious:

I mean, I couldn't believe it. It's their own country, city, their own children who would have to deal with it, and it had just been cleaned. And if they're not part of the solution, then they're part of the problem.

Sorry to rant :blush-anim-cl:

Erm ..... well .. I do !!! Esp. regarding the Environment & the over-use of spray can CFC's .....

CTFLK95.jpg

It's not at all cool those people called you hippies and such. I think I'd be proud to be called a tree hugger, though. I think the people who do those kind of name-calling are mockers and the kind of people that throw trash in the streets. Some of my cousins did that, after they government/people had spent a fortune to clean it up. I was furious. :furious:

I mean, I couldn't believe it. It's their own country, city, their own children who would have to deal with it, and it had just been cleaned. And if they're not part of the solution, then they're part of the problem.

Sorry to rant :blush-anim-cl:

None of the name-calling really bothered me, honestly. A tree-hugger is not a bad thing at all. What's wrong with caring about the world that you live in? Nothing. :)

But I totally get you when it comes to the disbelief that people would just destroy the world that they and their children will live in. They always complain about everything, well, why don't they just work a bit to change it instead of sit around and feed the problem? Why would someone want to destroy something that they belong to? It's like school vandalism---another thing that I don't understand at all. When I was in high school kids would constantly destroy property just for the heck of it. They belong to that place for 4 years, shouldn't they want it to be a pleasant place instead of an ugly one?

Erm ..... well .. I do !!! Esp. regarding the Environment & the over-use of spray can CFC's .....

CTFLK95.jpg

:roftl::roftl: Hehehe.

CTFLK95.jpg

That tied in everything together very neatly. :naughty:

celebutopianetanetMika06.jpg

ha ha he's a myspace piccy tart lmao a true expert :naughty:

Fresh from the Picture Captions Thread. That had me in stitches. The Master indeed. :roftl:

Fresh from the Picture Captions Thread. That had me in stitches. The Master indeed. :roftl:

:roftl: I've always gotten the impression by looking at the photos that he's in with fans that he has or does spend a lot of time taking photos of himself. :roftl: He ALWAYS has that little open-mouthed, wide-eyed look. :D

But, of course, who doesn't take tons of pictures of themselves? :roftl:

That is wrong on so many levels.

And this one fresh off the MFC Thread:

image008.jpg

:lmao:

:roftl::roftl::roftl: I didn't mean it that way, Knitter! :naughty:

Ahhhhh I love that. I saw that the other day when I was looking up photos of chickens online (real chickens. :roftl:) I say the egg...He looks like he's had time to mellow out a bit...