I hate asking this question...

mika-holic37k

:blink: :blink:

I think what makes his sexuality different than, say, his body hair, his appreciation of penguins or his Chubby Bunny skills is because, for some people and some forms of media, his sexuality is something they can use to cast him in a negative light, which is something fans of his music are frustrated by.

No doubt there are people who would avoid listening to an artist's music because of his/her sexuality. No doubt there are media outlets who would(and do!) overly fixate on Mika's sexuality, in such a way that it could potentially overshadow other aspects of him and the music he creates. And in today's world, that's unfortunate.

I personally get a bit frustrated when you see the whole "is he/isn't he" theme played out again and again, especially at the expense of a fair review of him as a musician. You're never going to see a headline screaming "Mika has hair on his chest! But does it go lower?!". Body hair isn't news. Sexuality, for whatever reason, is.

This is just my perspective, but I think the sexuality topic is more of a sensitve one with fans (moreso than other facts about Mika that have no bearing on his music) becuase we're aware of people being judgemental toward him based on it. And, being card-carrying, flag-waving Mika fans, we feel that if you don't enjoy his music, fine - he is, after all, the self-proclaimed Marmite of pop music. But I think a lot of fans find it a bit sad when people judge him based on elements of his personal life, even though that is one of the expected, albeit less positive, side effects of being in the public eye. We have a quite insatiable appetite for celeb gossip - otherwise the tabloids, gossip shows, and Perez wouldn't have the popularity they do.

I hope that makes sense! I do realize I'm kind of rambling here, and I apologize if I've offended other fans with my blanket summary. :blush-anim-cl:

Amen:biggrin2:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But I think a lot of fans find it a bit sad when people judge him based on elements of his personal life, even though that is one of the expected, albeit less positive, side effects of being in the public eye. We have a quite insatiable appetite for celeb gossip - otherwise the tabloids, gossip shows, and Perez wouldn't have the popularity they do.

I hope that makes sense! I do realize I'm kind of rambling here, and I apologize if I've offended other fans with my blanket summary. :blush-anim-cl:

No it makes perfect sense LM

>>...hey Big Girl just came on my radio!! :thumb_yello: <<

It is very sad if someone judges him negatively due to his personal life because as we all have seen he is a decent human being and he's close to family and kind and generous to his fans.

I just think we should separate natural curiosity from harsh judgement and realize that the motives of fans are much different than motives of the media. Even in regards to the media, I've never heard Mika sound defensive about the questions. He just answers them and moves on.

ok randon question from reading that post..does mika hav hair down there..?????? :wink2: :wink2: :wink2:

hahahahahahaha :lmao: well i will quote someone(i forgot who said it) but he has a nice man trail...so that would make one assume

I think what makes his sexuality different than, say, his body hair, his appreciation of penguins or his Chubby Bunny skills is because, for some people and some forms of media, his sexuality is something they can use to cast him in a negative light, which is something fans of his music are frustrated by.

No doubt there are people who would avoid listening to an artist's music because of his/her sexuality. No doubt there are media outlets who would(and do!) overly fixate on Mika's sexuality, in such a way that it could potentially overshadow other aspects of him and the music he creates. And in today's world, that's unfortunate.

I personally get a bit frustrated when you see the whole "is he/isn't he" theme played out again and again, especially at the expense of a fair review of him as a musician. You're never going to see a headline screaming "Mika has hair on his chest! But does it go lower?!". Body hair isn't news. Sexuality, for whatever reason, is.

This is just my perspective, but I think the sexuality topic is more of a sensitve one with fans (moreso than other facts about Mika that have no bearing on his music) becuase we're aware of people being judgemental toward him based on it. And, being card-carrying, flag-waving Mika fans, we feel that if you don't enjoy his music, fine - he is, after all, the self-proclaimed Marmite of pop music. But I think a lot of fans find it a bit sad when people judge him based on elements of his personal life, even though that is one of the expected, albeit less positive, side effects of being in the public eye. We have a quite insatiable appetite for celeb gossip - otherwise the tabloids, gossip shows, and Perez wouldn't have the popularity they do.

:punk: You're awesome!!

Oh God...And we talk about Mika and his glasses, he starts wearing them. We talking about his grey undies, he wears green ones. Sivan gets to be Lollipop girl. Now this?

HEHEHEHE. I reallly hope he doesn't read the 16+ thread. :naughty:

OMG. THATS TRUE ! but how come he didnt know about the ringtone? hmmm