I hate asking this question...

mika-holic37k

I think that since Mika doesn't talk about his sexuality and says that it's because he wants to keep his private life private, we should respect him and not talk about it.

I think that is a more appropriate response to the question than "we don't care". I'm guessing Mikaholic wasn't aware that he refuses to speak about it or she wouldn't have asked. How would his fans know about it if it's never been made public?

People who don't know everything there is to know about Mika are going to ask if he's gay in the same way they're going to ask how tall he is or whether he speaks French.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if u dnt like asking thats qustion than dnt ask it

lets just get this straight we dnt wanna talk bowt mika in a gay way like people say hu cares if hes gay....BUT THIS IS A FAN CLUB now we dont want MIKA coming on here and let his fan thinks he gay COZ HES NOT imagin if he did come on here he prob wondering wat the people hu DON'T like him think

:boxed: Mika has never said whether he is gay or straight.

BUT THIS IS A FAN CLUB now we dont want MIKA coming on here and let his fan thinks he gay COZ HES NOT imagin if he did come on here he prob wondering wat the people hu DON'T like him think

Not to split hairs...but we don't actually know for sure that he's not gay. Saying "imagin if he did come on here he prob wondering wat the people hu DON'T like him think" also kind of implies that to wonder if Mika is gay means you don't like him, as though being gay is something not to like...and that's not true at all.

But yeah. The general consensus is that we don't know for sure, we don't care either way, just BRING ON THE MUSIC!!

I feel sorry for new people who post asking 'the' question.. they get bombarded with everyones opinion and everything else we want to say when all they need to know is that he doesn't discuss the subject and we are none-the-wiser to the answer.

lets just get this straight we dnt wanna talk bowt mika in a gay way like people say hu cares if hes gay....BUT THIS IS A FAN CLUB now we dont want MIKA coming on here and let his fan thinks he gay COZ HES NOT imagin if he did come on here he prob wondering wat the people hu DON'T like him think

Um... no.

There is nothing wrong with "talking about him in a gay way," at least not any more than writing about how he stares at cleavage or whatever. If we can talk about him in a straight way, we can talk about him in a gay way. The only thing Mika's said is that he doesn't want to clarify what he is right now, so we shouldn't be making any assumptions either way. Imagine if he IS gay--what you just said would be extremely unkind!

--Jack

Ha, Mika does read it. I mentioned that he was flirting with his guitar player at the Toronto show and DaisyLou started a thread saying that there was nothing going on between Mika and Martin.

Mika made a joke about it at a show in Copenhagen that night. :roftl:

Anyway, I'm sure Mika doesn't mind the speculation. I don't recall anyone ever saying anything derogatory about Mika or homosexuals in this forum and I'm sure it would be deleted if they did. I think it's pretty obvious that most people here love Mika and his music whether he is gay or straight.

Ha, Mika does read it. I mentioned that he was flirting with his guitar player at the Toronto show and DaisyLou started a thread saying that there was nothing going on between Mika and Martin.

Mika made a joke about it at a show in Copenhagen that night. :roftl:

Anyway, I'm sure Mika doesn't mind the speculation. I don't recall anyone ever saying anything derogatory about Mika or homosexuals in this forum and I'm sure it would be deleted if they did. I think it's pretty obvious that most people here love Mika and his music whether he is gay or straight.

Oh God...And we talk about Mika and his glasses, he starts wearing them. We talking about his grey undies, he wears green ones. Sivan gets to be Lollipop girl. Now this?

HEHEHEHE. I reallly hope he doesn't read the 16+ thread. :naughty:

Oh God...And we talk about Mika and his glasses, he starts wearing them. We talking about his grey undies, he wears green ones. Sivan gets to be Lollipop girl. Now this?

So true!!! I didn't realise! *thinks back to all those posts that i shouldn't have posted considering Mika reads this*

MIKA Might Be Gay, If You Want My Opinion, He Isn't, But That's Just Mine. Here On MFC We Don't Talk 'Bout MIKA's Sexuality, Which You've Just Heard. I'm A Guy, And If MIKA Is Gay, Fine By Me,

If He's Bi, :D Then Everybody Wins!

Straight? I Say, Radical.

But Trisexual? Nah, Nah, That's Just Sick.

:D

Schock

Ha, what was scary about it was that he read it the same day the discussion started. It's not like it was a thread that had been around for weeks and he was bound to come across it. Unless it was a coincidence he must read the forum quite a bit.

You just *know* he's read some of those really outrageous threads. :shocked::naughty:

I actually get a kick out of it whenever people ask whether someone is gay.

The response for most celebrities is "So what if he is? There's nothing wrong with it."

But, the thing is, if there's nothing wrong with it, why do the defensive get all... well, defensive (:naughty: ) about it?

Bottom line: Mika likes to keep things private, but I think he understands that his fans wonder, whether they're for or against him.

As one eloquent MFCer put it, he's not necessarily gay, not necessarily straight - he's "Mikasexual". My apologies to the fan who coined the term for the lack of credit; I can't remember which thread it's from!

And we all proudly declare "We don't care!" - but that's not entirely true. If Mika went public and revealed his sexuality, this forum would light up like a Vegas night. What we mean is, we don't care if he's gay, we don't care if he's straight, we don't care of he's of some grey area in between; we all love him, and his music, as is. And we don't mind that he chooses not to disclose the details of his sexuality.

But, to directly answer your question... Mika has never answered that question publicly. When asked by the media, he generally responds that he's not embarrassed or shy about it, or anything to that effect, but that he respects himself enough to keep his private life private. And, 'round these parts, we accept that.

Hope that helps!

Mikasexual - haha, think it was me. Thanks for the credits :roftl:

Well, if it was of major importance to Mr. Mika NOT to be declared as gay by all means because he was in fact straight, there would be an easy way to avoid this. What I want to say is that I really don't think he considers the declaration 'gay' as an insult. He even said in some interview that everyone who is not mentally ill should support homosexual rights.

You'll find the translation of the interview here It's post #30.

About the We Don't Care thing being disingenuous: it's really not.

Just because we say we don't care about Mika's sexuality does not mean we don't wonder, or aren't interested in it, or have our own personal thoughts about it. It just means we don't believe his sexual preference is in any way relevant to us personally, and that it is and ought to be his own private matter.

Curiosity is human and natural and I don't believe there is a single person on this forum who can honestly say they don't wonder about it and have their own opinion on this one aspect of Mika's life. I do. But I'm not going to say what it is, because it would be public speculation, and I think that's what we should strive to avoid as much as possible.

Yes, there are a lot of sexually orientated threads on here but many of them evolved from a sense of annoyance and irony felt by many of us that the media are so unsubtle and stereotyping when constantly trying to pin labels on Mika, and are so intent on trying to trick him into talking about it. There is a difference between valid discussion around sexuality issues (yes, sometimes even using humour!! Why can't sexuality involve humour - it doesn't all have to be deadly serious does it?) and straightforward "So is he gay or what??" threads.

As for the body hair/custom pants/phwooar he's sexy -type threads...they have nothing whatsoever to do with Mika's sexual orientation and everything to do with the fact he is just a gorgeous male specimen:roftl: and many of us on here harbour lustful thoughts for him:roftl: *cough*notme*cough*

Having said that, newbies who ask the "Is he..?" question should not be shot down in flames, but just politely pointed in the right direction (as most of those in this thread have done, actually).

:mf_rosetinted:

About the We Don't Care thing being disingenuous: it's really not.

Just because we say we don't care about Mika's sexuality does not mean we don't wonder, or aren't interested in it, or have our own personal thoughts about it. It just means we don't believe his sexual preference is in any way relevant to us personally, and that it is and ought to be his own private matter.

Curiosity is human and natural and I don't believe there is a single person on this forum who can honestly say they don't wonder about it and have their own opinion on this one aspect of Mika's life. I do. But I'm not going to say what it is, because it would be public speculation, and I think that's what we should strive to avoid as much as possible.

Yes, there are a lot of sexually orientated threads on here but many of them evolved from a sense of annoyance and irony felt by many of us that the media are so unsubtle and stereotyping when constantly trying to pin labels on Mika, and are so intent on trying to trick him into talking about it. There is a difference between valid discussion around sexuality issues (yes, sometimes even using humour!! Why can't sexuality involve humour - it doesn't all have to be deadly serious does it?) and straightforward "So is he gay or what??" threads.

As for the body hair/custom pants/phwooar he's sexy -type threads...they have nothing whatsoever to do with Mika's sexual orientation and everything to do with the fact he is just a gorgeous male specimen:roftl: and many of us on here harbour lustful thoughts for him:roftl: *cough*notme*cough*

Having said that, newbies who ask the "Is he..?" question should not be shot down in flames, but just politely pointed in the right direction (as most of those in this thread have done, actually).

:mf_rosetinted:

Well put!

Tonight at the concert I went to, these guys were telling these girls that were screaming that they shouldn't scream 'cause Mika's gay. I was like first, you don't know that and second, I'd scream at an Elton John concert which means I'd scream at a Mika concert even if we knew he was gay. It's about the MUSIC! For me at least. I am curious but I mean I think it's dumb when girls are told not to scream 'cause Mika supposedly isn't interested in them in that way. Well...in that case, then the majority of people shouldn't scream!

Well put!

Tonight at the concert I went to, these guys were telling these girls that were screaming that they shouldn't scream 'cause Mika's gay. I was like first, you don't know that and second, I'd scream at an Elton John concert which means I'd scream at a Mika concert even if we knew he was gay. It's about the MUSIC! For me at least. I am curious but I mean I think it's dumb when girls are told not to scream 'cause Mika supposedly isn't interested in them in that way. Well...in that case, then the majority of people shouldn't scream!

you are right. that was really stupid of them :doh:

I went to Placebo's concert and the guitar player is also gay and did I scream at him? OOOH YEAH :naughty: Because I still like him : D Plus I know I wouldn't ever marry him, even if he wasn't gay, so who cares? :lol3:

my humble advice, mika-holic. since you sweetly declared you only care about his music, (same as we do), do not care about anything else :biggrin2:

many of us here supports the DO NOT CARE about what he doesn't care to share policy.. :mf_rosetinted: LOl

welcome to the forum.