I hate asking this question...

mika-holic37k

As for the body hair/custom pants/phwooar he's sexy -type threads...they have nothing whatsoever to do with Mika's sexual orientation and everything to do with the fact he is just a gorgeous male specimen:roftl: and many of us on here harbour lustful thoughts for him:roftl: *cough*notme*cough*

:biggrin2: yes I can certainly understand that. It's just that people discuss all sorts of things relating to Mika that have nothing to do with his music, so I don't understand some fans' defensive reaction about the sexuality question with claims that it's "irrelevant". His body hair is also irrelevant but that doesn't make it a taboo topic or an affront to his musical talent.

I think the overdefensiveness comes off as if anyone questioning Mika's sexuality is doing so to insult him. Sometimes that is the case. I've got a video on YouTube and have had to delete some comments due to blatant gay-bashing. But I don't think fans should be so dogmatic about "we don't care" that they jump on everyone who mentions it.

Mikaholic made it very clear that the answer wasn't going to impact how she felt about Mika and his music. She was just curious like everyone else is and there's nothing wrong with that IMO.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight at the concert I went to, these guys were telling these girls that were screaming that they shouldn't scream 'cause Mika's gay.

They're just jealous because their girlfriends are lusting after Mika! :wink2:

who is Martin' date=' tell me please. coz it seems that i'm only one who doesn't know and coz people say Mika look at him sometimes :naughty::mf_lustslow: when singin his songs about love...[/quote']

Martin is Mika's guitarist and backing singer.

Martin is a straight, married father of 2, just for the record:biggrin2:

:biggrin2: yes I can certainly understand that. It's just that people discuss all sorts of things relating to Mika that have nothing to do with his music, so I don't understand some fans' defensive reaction about the sexuality question with claims that it's "irrelevant". His body hair is also irrelevant but that doesn't make it a taboo topic or an affront to his musical talent.

I think the overdefensiveness comes off as if anyone questioning Mika's sexuality is doing so to insult him. Sometimes that is the case. I've got a video on YouTube and have had to delete some comments due to blatant gay-bashing. But I don't think fans should be so dogmatic about "we don't care" that they jump on everyone who mentions it.

Mikaholic made it very clear that the answer wasn't going to impact how she felt about Mika and his music. She was just curious like everyone else is and there's nothing wrong with that IMO.

I hope my comment didn't strike as dogmatic.. cause it was not meant.

yes, his bdy hair is totally irrelevant to me, I never even popped in the thread. mind ya, I popped in and posted in others "irrelevant" threads, so that's smt to have me bashed about. :naughty:

I know mika don't care so much about people talking about his body hair, but he cares about the talking over his sexuality. hence the statements.

there's nothing wrong in being curious and being a newbie (all been there). there was no attack in the post to mikaholic. if people's tired to read about the I DON'T CARE line, that's another matter..

once having been on forum a little, one hears/read about this and decides to take one's position. not saying one is right and the other's wrong.

the way I personally see it has MUCH to do with how I feel re. everyone's lifestyle and sexuality, but again that's me. we are not all the same, thanks god. it'd be so boring.. :wink2:

Oh..again....

well its not a stupid question..we all have though about it I'm sure..but EnFa....do not state things like that.Coz you really cant know.

He wants to keep his private life PRIVATE!Is it such a big problem?

Just respect it.

Yeah I am curious too, and I wouldnt mind if he told us...but I love Him for himself and for his music.Love has nothing to do with sexual orientation.Its just mad.

Hope you all agree.

No one knows anythig about it, coz Mika did not tell it to anyone (on here).

So do not state things that can be wrong.

Coz the truth is that we are all just curious..... but we dunno anything.

Love love today!

xx

I hate it when I'm like "I LOVE MIKA!"

And the guys from school snicker and go "FAG!" or "GAY!"

Its so friggin mean! I used to get really pissed! I mean, so what if he's gay, or not gay or whatever. As if his sexuality affects his music in any way...

He could be gay and I'd still like him!

:welcomeani: mika-holic37K

I completely understand your question. I guess like you say, we as girls might think we have a chance with him. I have dreams about MIKA all the time. :wub2::naughty: I'm always making up with him:shocked: :wub2:

It's funny. But we love him here no matter what. It's all about his music.

It really bothers me that sometimes it looks like We Don't care has come to stand for a Don't Ask Don't Tell Policy. Or even Don't Talk About It And Act Like He's Straight.

There's nothing wrong with being curious or asking. All the response that's needed here is "we don't know either way." She said she also doesn't care, so what's the big deal?

I'm kind of tempted to put "I don't care! Even if he's straight, it's all about the music!" in my signature. :naughty:

--Jack

im thinking if the people dont like talking about his sexuality...then erm...

dont cum on this forum...

some people wanna no/discuss lol

even if we never know its nice to hav a lil chin wag on what we thing

It really bothers me that sometimes it looks like We Don't care has come to stand for a Don't Ask Don't Tell Policy. Or even Don't Talk About It And Act Like He's Straight.

There's nothing wrong with being curious or asking. All the response that's needed here is "we don't know either way." She said she also doesn't care, so what's the big deal?

I'm kind of tempted to put "I don't care! Even if he's straight, it's all about the music!" in my signature. :naughty:

--Jack

That is true....

I'm gay :insane:

It's an OK question.. Really.. He is!

enfa.?

are you reli gay????

i dont care jw...lol also...really he is?? u think he is gay then??

also...i (probably like many are scared to wonder if hes gay...please just let us wonder lol

calm down the 'we dont care clan' were nt gna go rip his pen*s off and examen it jaaaaaaayzus!!! we just wanna discussion *chilllllll*

im thinking if the people dont like talking about his sexuality...then erm...

dont cum on this forum...

some people wanna no/discuss lol

even if we never know its nice to hav a lil chin wag on what we thing

exactly, it's what we said above. it's not THE answer. it's several members opinion but it's not all the board opinion. it's a free world. ;)

and jackviolet, my opinion is completely the contrary of what you stated. not that you have to care about it o.c. :naughty: j/k

I don't really care about his sexuality. It doesn't matter at all. I mean, if he is gay, would that mean that he is not good musician anymore? No. He will sing the same if he is gay, straight...or something. His sexual orintation doesn't change him as a person. If he is gay...he would still be cute, adorable,...perfect.

Everybody is curious about that. And I think that is normal. Nothing is wrong about asking that question. If they don't know something, people would start a gossip/lie... just to make story more interesting.

If you know what I mean :wink2:

When he signed his (music) contract, he didn't sign "you must talk about your private life and your sexuality" contract. So...if he doesn't wanna talk about it...ok..his bussiness..nobody forces him :wink2:

It's funny how this sort of thread gets the most answers in the least time... Funny... For people who don't care... I would imagine that people who don't care just don't read something they don't care about... I'm always amazed how actually no... You don't care and you HAVE to say it and keep this thread front page... It's been there for 2 days, and still front page...

Funny... :mf_rosetinted:

I hope my comment didn't strike as dogmatic.. cause it was not meant.

Aww, no Avoca, I didn't mean you or anyone in particular. It's just a general vibe from MFC that I also see popping up in other venues like YouTube. And I totally understand that people's intentions are good.

But I have to agree with Jack that there is a danger that making questions about his sexuality taboo can appear slightly homophobic - which I know is the exact opposite intention of MFCers. I think it's better to just explain to new posters that he hasn't revealed his sexuality and we respect his privacy.

I think people are projecting too much onto Mika's unwillingness to give a definitive answer in the press. It seems to me that if he really wanted to quash speculation he would just answer the question. I would imagine speculation only bothers him, as it does me and any sensible person, when it takes on a homophobic tone.

:blink: :blink:

It's just that people discuss all sorts of things relating to Mika that have nothing to do with his music, so I don't understand some fans' defensive reaction about the sexuality question with claims that it's "irrelevant". His body hair is also irrelevant but that doesn't make it a taboo topic or an affront to his musical talent.

I think what makes his sexuality different than, say, his body hair, his appreciation of penguins or his Chubby Bunny skills is because, for some people and some forms of media, his sexuality is something they can use to cast him in a negative light, which is something fans of his music are frustrated by.

No doubt there are people who would avoid listening to an artist's music because of his/her sexuality. No doubt there are media outlets who would(and do!) overly fixate on Mika's sexuality, in such a way that it could potentially overshadow other aspects of him and the music he creates. And in today's world, that's unfortunate.

I personally get a bit frustrated when you see the whole "is he/isn't he" theme played out again and again, especially at the expense of a fair review of him as a musician. You're never going to see a headline screaming "Mika has hair on his chest! But does it go lower?!". Body hair isn't news. Sexuality, for whatever reason, is.

This is just my perspective, but I think the sexuality topic is more of a sensitve one with fans (moreso than other facts about Mika that have no bearing on his music) becuase we're aware of people being judgemental toward him based on it. And, being card-carrying, flag-waving Mika fans, we feel that if you don't enjoy his music, fine - he is, after all, the self-proclaimed Marmite of pop music. But I think a lot of fans find it a bit sad when people judge him based on elements of his personal life, even though that is one of the expected, albeit less positive, side effects of being in the public eye. We have a quite insatiable appetite for celeb gossip - otherwise the tabloids, gossip shows, and Perez wouldn't have the popularity they do.

I hope that makes sense! I do realize I'm kind of rambling here, and I apologize if I've offended other fans with my blanket summary. :blush-anim-cl:

I think what makes his sexuality different than, say, his body hair, his appreciation of penguins or his Chubby Bunny skills is because, for some people and some forms of media, his sexuality is something they can use to cast him in a negative light, which is something fans of his music are frustrated by.

No doubt there are people who would avoid listening to an artist's music because of his/her sexuality. No doubt there are media outlets who would(and do!) overly fixate on Mika's sexuality, in such a way that it could potentially overshadow other aspects of him and the music he creates. And in today's world, that's unfortunate.

I personally get a bit frustrated when you see the whole "is he/isn't he" theme played out again and again, especially at the expense of a fair review of him as a musician. You're never going to see a headline screaming "Mika has hair on his chest! But does it go lower?!". Body hair isn't news. Sexuality, for whatever reason, is.

This is just my perspective, but I think the sexuality topic is more of a sensitve one with fans (moreso than other facts about Mika that have no bearing on his music) becuase we're aware of people being judgemental toward him based on it. And, being card-carrying, flag-waving Mika fans, we feel that if you don't enjoy his music, fine - he is, after all, the self-proclaimed Marmite of pop music. But I think a lot of fans find it a bit sad when people judge him based on elements of his personal life, even though that is one of the expected, albeit less positive, side effects of being in the public eye. We have a quite insatiable appetite for celeb gossip - otherwise the tabloids, gossip shows, and Perez wouldn't have the popularity they do.

I hope that makes sense! I do realize I'm kind of rambling here, and I apologize if I've offended other fans with my blanket summary. :blush-anim-cl:

Bravo! :) You worded it perfectly.

ok randon question from reading that post..does mika hav hair down there..?????? :wink2: :wink2: :wink2: