Game of Thrones Thread

Goodness- more drama there than in the episode :shocked:

Hadn't seen that ... weirdly I was completely silent until the end credits ... at which point I was going ... OMG ... OMG ... OMG ... OMG ... OMG ... and then rewound it and watched it again just cos' I couldn't believe what I'd just seen :eek:

There's also RedWeddingTears on Twitter, dedicated to retweeting people's outrage. I'm especially amused by the people who don't even know the characters' names, how can they be upset about "Ron" Stark? :aah:

They threaten to never watch again, even to cancel their HBO subscriptions . . . I understand fans being upset, but I just wonder how they got this far? To quote a character a couple episodes back, "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."

Ok, I am in 100% agreement with you on this one. I must admit though, some of the tweets were hilarious. My favorite said something like: not watching game of thrones is the new being the Jewish kid on Christmas morning. I thought that was humorous.

I thought it was an insanely good episode. But I'm baffled how that wasn't the season finale. OMG, what will happen this week?!

A compilation of reactions .. it says it all ...:jawdrop::shocked:

Careful it contains SPOILERS!

I hadn't seen that on youtube before so thanks for sharing. I can relate to a lot of those poor people. But it was still funny to watch!

It was okay, didn't match episode 9 though. Kind of a let down in comparison

I completely agree that it was a let down. But honestly, I don't know if my heart could take another crazy episode like #9. I'm excited to see what happens next year. Waiting will suck!!

It seems like in each season the 9th episode is the most dramatic! :aah: I liked the finale, but it was anticlimactic. There was a scene I can't get out of my head, though . . . the Robb/Grey Wind part at the beginning. :shocked:

I'd be more upset about having to wait until next year for more, if I didn't have the books. :fisch:

It seems like in each season the 9th episode is the most dramatic! :aah: I liked the finale, but it was anticlimactic. There was a scene I can't get out of my head, though . . . the Robb/Grey Wind part at the beginning. :shocked:

I'd be more upset about having to wait until next year for more, if I didn't have the books. :fisch:

I so need to buy the books ... :aah:

I watched episode 9 and thought it was the season finale because of how dramatic it was. In comparison, episode 10 was very anti climatic, but how could you possibly outdo that.

I'm slightly upset about what happened. I still love Tyrion, still hate Joffrey. Also, the red lady (I forgot her name) really creeps me out.

It's also a pity about what happened with Jon Snow

• 2 weeks later...

I have the books at home. I haven't read them and won't. I know that makes me sound lazy, but it's a long story. Anyway, if someone wants them, just send me a private message. I'll mail them to you. :) First come first serve!!!

I have the books at home. I haven't read them and won't. I know that makes me sound lazy, but it's a long story. Anyway, if someone wants them, just send me a private message. I'll mail them to you. :) First come first serve!!!

I don't think ur lazy just smart :aah:

i read all the books...well def the first 3 by book 4 i was so bored i was really tempted to pelt the book at a wall :teehee:

I don't think anyone is missing anything by not reading the books - the Tv show does a great job of keeping things tight and with good pace..If you're into long winded expositions, descriptions about things and people you could not care less about then yes, give the book a shot :thumb_yello::aah:

That being said i still have to start watching the show properly..(only saw the first 2 eps when it had just come out) and i'm aiming for next week :das:

I'm about two thirds of the way through the second book and I'm loving them! I enjoy the descriptions, but especially getting to hear a characters thoughts. I feel like I understand them better, maybe some characters that I didn't have much sympathy for before, I now care about.

There are more differences between book and show in the second one than in the first, but overall I'm impressed by how close it has been, compared to other shows/movies based on books, anyway.

One thing they are, though, is time-consuming. So I get not wanting to go there. :aah:

I love it! I just started reading the books recently, haven't actually seen a single episode from the show but I wan't to after I've read the books :wink2:

Fair enough! I just love the show though, I must admit. It's pretty much Mika and GofT for me. Maybe I need to get out more?!

haha that's exactlly what I've mostly been doing these past few weeks :blush-anim-cl:

Edited by Miss Kristal

Hello all. I wanted to let you know that the books have been claimed and mailed. :)

nas ... I really appreciate your feedback on the books vs. the show. You make me feel so much better!!!!!!!

Miss Kristal...enjoy your weekend with GofT and Mika. I can't think of a better way to spend it!!!

Speaking of Mika and Game of Thrones . . . did anyone else notice his outfit from Les Enfoires features golden lions on red? He fights for the Lannisters! :aah:

tumblr_mhddxooVoJ1qk2jkuo1_500.jpg

Noo Mika why??? :overreact::naughty:

I suppose he can fight for Tyrion, he's ok

I bought the first book a while ago, mainly because I had a gift card to a bookstore and didn't really know what else to buy :aah: But I am a bit interested. I'll read the book when I have time... (although i have like 10 other unread books in my bookshelf :doh:)

• 2 weeks later...

I made us a Westeros-style sigil banner!

It could come in handy, in case we ever go to war against, say, House Twitter or House Tumblr. :mf_rosetinted:

443516_600.jpg

In other news, I'm about a quarter of the way into A Feast for Crows. You know, for every character George RR Martin kills, I think he introduces about 50 more. :teehee:

Edited by Poisonyoulove

In other news, I'm about a quarter of the way into A Feast for Crows. You know, for every character George RR Martin kills, I think he introduces about 50 more. :teehee:

I believe that he is going to kill all the characters AND commit suicide by the end of the seventh book, so that nobody comes out alive from the series. :teehee:

The banner is really cool, by the way!

Edited by KitiKat