Could we write Mika some lyrics to celebrate UK show?

Marilyn Mastin

Hi fans!

I've thought of a way we could celebrate Mika on Radio 2. You don't have to be from the UK to join in, but I hope all the UK fans on here might have a go.

I was thinking, we could write Mika some lyrics. He may not use them in his songs, but it's the thought that counts. I'd like them to be about how excited we are to have him on the radio and how much we love him.

If we get together to write something wonderful, from his fanclub, they could be emailed to him at the radio station. I'm sure there must be a way to do that.

What I'm thinking is that we could each write a line, to begin with, and see how it goes. I'll gather them into the first post and we'll see how they go. We can then discuss if the lyrics should be adjusted or switched around etc, to get the best effect.

What does everyone think?

I will start it with the line that came to me when I learned Mika was going to do the UK show. Then I'll add the lines you all submit.

here's what we have so far, organised into the poem. Any suggestions, welcome

Dear Mika now at last you're on the radio

Give the world a show, singing high, sometimes singing low

We're hopeful and we're happy

Just hearing you on Radio 2

Everyone is tuning in to hear you now

English, Welsh and Scottish all agree somehow

Your words make us think and your melodies make us sing

Don't you know, we do need another gig here oh...

It's so long since you've been gone  (Possible chorus)

Mika please don't ever go away

Mika don't forget us in UK

Mika please stay with us all day

Mika don't you also see it's true

That in this world, all love you.

We love you, we have no choice

Everytime we hear your voice

Mika you took  time but now you're here again

Your voice is our favourite sound, since way back 

When Grace Kelly, was on the radio

Your sweet beaming smile makes happiness, profound (I still can't follow the rhythm of LYL for these two lines...   :mellow: )

Our hearts fill with joy every time we hear your lovely sound

And we really really have no choice oh...

Just like when we first found you

We're listening on Radio 2

Everyone from MFC

And the world will all agree

We're listening with eager hearts

To the wisdom you impart

About the songs you want to play

Pop, Classical and Blues today.

This is the rap 

Mika we'll see you at the Palladium

That's as good as seeing you in a stadium.

Fans will gather from near and far

Excited to see you, the shining star

Your shows always leave us on a high

Making us feel that we can fly

Thank you for remembering the UK

We're all ready for a fantastic day.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin
  • Like 4

Hi fans!

I've thought of a way we could celebrate Mika on Radio 2. You don't have to be from the UK to join in, but I hope all the UK fans on here might have a go.

I was thinking, we could write Mika some lyrics. He may not use them in his songs, but it's the thought that counts. I'd like them to be about how excited we are to have him on the radio and how much we love him.

If we get together to write something wonderful, from his fanclub, they could be emailed to him at the radio station. I'm sure there must be a way to do that.

What I'm thinking is that we could each write a line, to begin with, and see how it goes. I'll gather them into the first post and we'll see how they go. We can then discuss if the lyrics should be adjusted or switched around etc, to get the best effect.

I will start it with the line that came to me when I learned Mika was going to do the UK show. Then I'll add the lines you all submit.

I am hopeful and I'm happy

I am not from the UK but I think it is a lovely idea :) I want to write a sentence as a follow up sentence :)

To hear the voice always makes me happy

Thanks everyone.

At the moment I'll gather the lines you all submit. If you can't think of things that rhyme, don't worry. I can make them rhyme, or others can.

There are things we could do once we have enough lines.

We could make the lines fit the tune to an existing Mika song, I've done that many times on Wonkaland, so it's doable. 

Or if someone is musical and wants to write a tune for our fanclub song, they are welcome to do that. But that would mean someone recording the song to send to him. If someone wants to do that, go right ahead and suggest it.

As a suggestion for some of the lines, this could also be a way of asking Mika for those UK gigs.

• Like 1

Hi fans!

To hear your voice always makes me happy

My heart fills with joy every time I hear your voice.

Wow, wow, wow, wow XD!!! WHAT A PHENOMENAL IDEA!!! I'm from the UK and I would adore to write some lyrics!!! Can you give me a bit of time to come up with something please, I'll post you all some ASAP!!! Oh I'm so excited, cannot wait to see the outcome for this :D :D :D!!!

Here's what I've got so far guys, be kind :D :D :D!!!

Chorus:

"1.On the radio, oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

2.Singin high and low ooooooooooo

3.Give the world a show oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

4.Instrumental solooooooooooo"

*cue saxophone*

I imagine it to the tune of Live Your Life.

As in Line 1; Tune of line; "You've got the whole world in your pocket but you just don't know"

Line 2; line that goes; "from the beaches of Manilla down to Khatmandu"

Line 3; Tune of line, "its like you've got that secret, that everyone else wants to know" (but modified to fit rhythm)

And line 4; Tune of line that starts "And you don't even let it show oh oh oh"

Saxophone solo to copy tune of line; "Everybody wanna hold your hand, everybody wanna shine that bright, everybody wanna say they can, everybody wanna live your life"

I have also made up my own melody, if that's helpful, i don't know.

Edited by Amye the Mika Fan <3

Sorry, thinking about lyrics I can only come up with rhymes instead of one line... :aah: It's up to you if you want to use any of it, it's just a little inspiration I got from the lines in the first post. ;)

I am  hopeful and I'm happy

to hear your voice on Radio 2

If you forget us, that's quite crappy :naughty:

we have been waiting here for you.

I even have a melody for it in my mind, some sort of happy Gospel-song... but I'm afraid I can't be of much help with that, as I don't have time to write and record a whole song. :no: I guess it's better anyway if someone from the UK takes care of that. ;) But I'm happy to help with anything that I can do within a few minutes from the phone. :bleh:

Sorry, thinking about lyrics I can only come up with rhymes instead of one line... :aah: It's up to you if you want to use any of it, it's just a little inspiration I got from the lines in the first post. ;)

I am  hopeful and I'm happy

to hear your voice on Radio 2

If you forget us, that's quite crappy :naughty:

we have been waiting here for you.

I even have a melody for it in my mind, some sort of happy Gospel-song... but I'm afraid I can't be of much help with that, as I don't have time to write and record a whole song. :no: I guess it's better anyway if someone from the UK takes care of that. ;) But I'm happy to help with anything that I can do within a few minutes from the phone. :bleh:

Damn, those lyrics are goooooooooooooodand so true !!! *clapx3*

Every time you sing

I feel like a king

My heart fills with joy

You're such a lovely boy

Please, don't go away,

Stay with us all day.

Don't you see - it's true,

That we all love you!

(I'll write smth more later)

About song - it's really easy.

We should find :

1. Musician in their thread on this site.

2. Singer

3. Made a simple video.

There's no need for very rich sound.

Just piano, nice voice and catching melody.

I can record some video with my version.

We invite other musician to do the same.

And then we'll choose.

Love your second verse :D :D :D!!! *Deep breath as she is near having a panic attack because she's so scared* If you struggle to find a singer after a while, I sing, I'm a great singer and I've got grades to prove it!!! Edited by Amye the Mika Fan <3
  • Like 1

OMG I LOVE THIS IDEA! I'm from Australia, but I'm in!! 

I have some random lines

Your voice is my favourite sound; and 

your smile makes my happiness profound

Alsoooooo

When I'm feeling down,

to see your radiating smile, feels like I've been lent a piece of yours (because its like hes lending me his smile)

maybe you guys can edit this :das:   :)

Everyone is doing so well and having great ideas.

I'd suggest that people don't submit anything that is too long, otherwise the song will end up like, the size of Bohemian Rhapsody. Much as we all love Bo Rap, we can't have one that's too long and we want lots of you guys to have a chance at getting lines in the song.

So, I'm editing what you've all submitted up to now to see how we go.

For the musicians here. It's great for you to collaborate. If I try to organize the lyrics, and I'm open to suggestions about that, maybe you musicians could work between you to come up with some music.

Won't Mika be thrilled! after all, his show is about song and songwriters, I bet he never dreamed such talent was on his own fanclub.

Hi, it's a fun idea! I live in Japan but used to live in England, long time ago. I sing too... I don't think I have enough skill to help this project though...

Anyway, here's what I wrote! Sorry if my English is awful.... It's a bit long but please pick up the lines that sound good! I don't care if you couldn't use any of them, because I really enjoyed writing it! I think I can keep this for my original song. :naughty:  I've been always wanting to write a song about Mika!  :wink2: 

:fisch: 

It's been a long time 

since you've been gone
You took time
But you're here again

Just like when I first found you
I'm listening to the radio2

Everyone is doing so well and having great ideas.

I'd suggest that people don't submit anything that is too long, otherwise the song will end up like, the size of Bohemian Rhapsody. Much as we all love Bo Rap, we can't have one that's too long and we want lots of you guys to have a chance at getting lines in the song.

So, I'm editing what you've all submitted up to now to see how we go.

For the musicians here. It's great for you to collaborate. If I try to organize the lyrics, and I'm open to suggestions about that, maybe you musicians could work between you to come up with some music.

Won't Mika be thrilled! after all, his show is about song and songwriters, I bet he never dreamed such talent was on his own fanclub.

OH MY WORD THIS EXCITES ME SO MUCH, your idea is bringing me such happiness reading through everyone's posts, thank you ❤❤❤!!! He will be won't he, and that just makes this even better, that is soo true about the show and everyone's talent, honestly GO MFC, WHOOO:D :D :D!!!

Well... you can choose the lines you like more.

You decide how long

Should be this song. :)

When the lyrics is ready - post it.

I write my own songs, I play a piano and I sing.

I'll record my version and will put it here.

Don't be daft, I was just throwing out ideas with the tune of it, I wasn't meaning like 'I want to use this, we're uaing this'!!!

Right, Marilyn sorts lyrics.

We use your writing skills to write the song, kuz I can't do that and I have faith in your abilities,

you send me song and I/we (if you want to) can sing it, yeah :D :D :D?!

Don't be daft, I was just throwing out ideas with the tune of it, I wasn't meaning like 'I want to use this, we're uaing this'!!!

Right, Marilyn sorts lyrics.

We use your writing skills to write the song, kuz I can't do that and I have faith in your abilities,

you send me song and I/we (if you want to) can sing it, yeah :D :D :D?!

Ps thanks for being so thoughtful/democratic about it though, appreciate it ☺☺☺!!!

:thumb_yello: Fab. idea Marilyn!! :wub:  Just saw this, but here's what came to my mind:

"Your absence from the UK,  has made fans turn away -

But now that you're on Radio 2, we're all united and renewed"... :fisch:  

I don't know if it's useable, or just crap... :teehee: 

Love,love

me 

How about just using the melody from movie "Music and lyrics" and put our own words on it?

Um well, I'm okay with it personally but it's not my decision Helena, MFC hs to decide on this one collectively, although, if they decide yes then we have to do it a key (or2) higher because some of the really low parts are out of my range. Any way yo could sing it higher :) ??? 

How about just using the melody from movie "Music and lyrics" and put our own words on it?

We could even do it to a Mika song too like Marilyn said, like the way Mika did the song Emily to Elle Me Dit, I'm sure he wouldn't mind, although it would also be cool to do it to a completely different song, like you said, MFC FANS HELP, GIVE US YOUR OPINIONS!!!

Hi fans!

Mika you are on the radio

Giving the world a show

Singing high

Singing low

To hear your voice on Radio 2

Don't forget, that, in the UK

We've been waiting here for you.

Please don't go away

Stay with us all day

Don't you see it's true

That we all love you

Your voice is our favourite sound

Your smile makes happiness, profound

I love that Marilyn,I frikking love that honestly :thumb_yello:  :teehee:   :wub2:  !!! And you even put everyone's ines in. You're a total legend, love ya for this!!! It's shaping up quite nicely if I do say so myself  :mf_rosetinted:  :yes:  :cheer: !!! Can I just suggest that we change the 7th line to, "Don't forget in the UK" because then it has a matching rhythm, to it's coresponding line, line 5. It makes the verse flow a lot more just. Same with line 8, could we change it to "we have been waiting here for you" for the same reason??? It means that each corresponding line has the same amount of syllables you see. Not a criticism, I promise, you have a great skill for editing :hi5: !!!

Edited by Amye the Mika Fan <3

Hi fans!

Mika you are on the radio

Giving the world a show

Singing high

Singing low

To hear your voice on Radio 2

Don't forget, that, in the UK

We've been waiting here for you.

Please don't go away

Stay with us all day

Don't you see it's true

That we all love you

Your voice is our favourite sound

Your smile makes happiness, profound

I think it is pretty cool! Congratulations :)

I think it fits Elle Me Dit but if it is ok for you, we can adapt some parts, I dont know what you think tho :D