• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will:mf_rosetinted:

He smelled so gooood, my hair on his shoulder...his shoulder against mine:aah:

What did he smell like .... I'm not going all fangurly .... I am not :wub2:

I'm just curious .... :aah:

So that is your arm. I already wondered :roftl:. How are you doing lovely Ruth, did you get home safe and sound?

Hi hi. Yes I did. Everything went well. Great in fact. I'm still on a high although uploading my next photos is proving problematical...

What did he smell like .... I'm not going all fangurly .... I am not :wub2:

I'm just curious .... :aah:

Like a God:mf_rosetinted:

:mf_rosetinted:

I'm not jealous at all. :mf_rosetinted:

Good:mf_rosetinted:

You must have been standing right behind me. The top of my head is right next to your arm. :roftl:

I think I was. I knew my face would not be there, but my arm is wearing the bracelet - oh, I've not reported that bit yet. I'll get on with it.

Report Part 2

Then there was an interval. That was a first at a Mika gig. Some people bought drinks. I think this is when I looked at the merchandising. There was a tour T shirt in green which some people bought and I got a photo of the back of it with the tour dates on. The design on the front was very strange, Lady Jane’s fella possibly, I think. There was a limited edition poster which was too big for me to manage, and the E.P. But I’m still waiting for mine to come through the door at home. I went round to talk to the ones at the far side. I thought they would get a really good view. (When I had seen where my seat was, I’d been quietly pleased because I know that Mika tends to face out in that direction), but it was clear from my seat that all I would see was going to be the big, black, grand piano! I went along the front of the stage taking pictures of everyone except Allegra who was camera shy…. Then it was time for Mika.

They all came to the front of the stage – Martin, Mika pulling Cherisse, Dan and Alexander. Mana had told me that she had read in the Berlin report that Martin was back but it was lovely, just lovely to see him. He sat right at the front of the stage at my side. Dan was rather hidden behind him. I couldn’t see Cherisse at all and the singer, Alexander, blocked Mana and Ingie’s view of Mika at the other side of the stage. It had been a lower stage in Berlin apparently. When Mika sat at the piano I could see nothing except the very top of his head. So I stood up and I could then see his head above the piano. Because my seat folded away I could stand the whole time in my own place, there was no-one behind me because the rows were curved. I shot a short blast of video as the five of them came on. Mika started with Lady Jane which was great although it’s not my favourite of the new songs. I have no recollection of the order he played although one of my photos is of the set list so I guess he worked from that. He took his pink jacket off and did the rest of the show in his white shirt. Nice. The next time I used the video was after his ‘xylophone’ wouldn’t work for Toy Boy. I captured the part where he gave up and went back to the piano. Those two clips are together because I forgot to hit ‘save’ between them.

I am never filming with this camera again!!!!!

Things I remember include him bending around the piano and mouthing ‘sorry’ to the people who couldn’t see. I think he realised that someone was taking pictures up and under it! He also did one spectacular hip thrust at the centre stage. The stage, basically, was far too small. Dan, the new guy, was quite involved, he did some mouth noises as backing and came out to the front to ‘dance’ and bobbed up and down at the side of the piano. There was a huge amount of eye contact between him, Martin and Mika, which I love – all musicians together. He conducted them with his hand whenever it was spare.

There was some fun dustbin drumming by all of them, including Mika climbing up on the piano briefly. I wondered if he did it in Berlin, I had a feeling of it being spontaneous. But what do I know? (I've now watched Berlin's performance: he had steps at the back to climb, so it was different)

I was standing up the whole time and I did wonder if Mika could see me because he was facing directly towards me (where I was, not me) whenever he was at the piano and sometimes there was a light shining off the stage into my eyes. I mouthed all the words encouragingly :) I hope it helped :) There was a tall girl in the front row who stood up too but didn’t move to the side. She is moving around and blocking my view on my bits of video. And at one point, she and her friends were talking so loudly that Martin had to say Shush!

Quite a few more stood up at my side of the room, for one of the songs the whole audience seemed to be up but then they mostly sat down again. Over My Shoulder was fabulous, with Alexander’s voice too. it was a perfect song to sing at a venue like that and alongside the new songs. There was an extra bit at the end of GGG. And the new verse in Rain. The caterwauling chorus is fine when it’s live and you’re singing along, so much better than on my mp3. Then suddenly, and far too soon, I caught the strains of Lollipop which I quite hate now because it means ‘that’s your lot!’ Still, it was fun and different without the plushies, the lollipop girls and the confetti.

They left the stage but we shouted and called for them to come back. Mika always looks blown away by the sound we make, he hit the sides of his head to say, ‘you’re crazy!’ After that we screamed clapped and stamped some more (I find I can’t do all three at the same time!) They came out again and sang one last song. It was great, every moment.

When the ‘xylophone’ thing didn’t work, Mika talked about how pleased he was to be back and then later he said something when Martin was playing an intro to another song along the lines of, ‘he wasn’t supposed to talk’. I don’t understand that at all. What better time is there in the relative calm of these intimate venues to talk a bit? Or a lot. About the songs and his ideas for the music. He didn’t actually introduce or name the band, but we knew anyway. I must say that he can control the crowd with consummate ease. A gesture with his hand and we were quiet, another and we were singing our hearts out. He’s very, very good – but we know that don’t we? And I really adored the lack of stage and theatre gimmicks. Mika said there’s no-where to hide when it’s stripped down but I like that about it. It’s about the music and the man. I know he loves theatrical effects and I’m sure they have their place, but I didn’t miss them at all. No flowers, no dancers, no plushies. Much better. Although, of course, no confetti to pick up afterwards and treasure :(

Photos of inside the concertgebouw: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=114665&id=778183798&saved#/album.php?aid=114665&id=778183798

Edited by Ruth

Photos for part 1 - please tag....

Cool pics! :biggrin2:

I think I was. I knew my face would not be there, but my arm is wearing the bracelet - oh, I've not reported that bit yet. I'll get on with it.

Yeah, there were just too many people to all fit in one photograph. :naughty:

Report Part 3 out of 3

Afterwards we went to meet in the foyer where we stood around until the staff told us to leave. We wandered around to the stage door to find lots of people already there. Lots. A hundred? There were parallel red ropes to make a walkway to a car so we stood at the end where the rope had run out. And we waited. And waited. It was cold after the hot day and I was the only fool without anything to put on. But we waited and eventually – and it was after a very long time, Martin, Cherisse and ‘the new one’ came out, put their bags in the car and got in, then got out again. Dan heard someone say, ‘that’s the new one’ and he said, ‘yes I am the new one,’ so someone called, ‘what’s your name?’ and he said, ‘Dan.’ Martin came over, shook my hand and asked if I had come from the UK. I said it was great to see him back and he said it was good to be back. Then all three moved around talking and signing autographs and being, as they so often are, extremely generous with their time. We waited more and waited longer. My bare arms were frozen through. I think it was worse because they’d got burnt during the day. And still we waited. The fans near the doors kept screaming every time anyone came out – for every member of the theatre staff. Then John came out and made us move, rearranged the rope and we lost our places. But the wait was worth it because finally Mika came out. And he worked his way, so slowly along the line, talking and signing. There was no sense of him rushing and wanting to get away. Mickey Mouse indeed! I think not! Because he was calm and unhurried, the crowd were too. We waited patiently and he finally came near to me but didn’t hear my voice and moved on. People asked him if he had got their gifts and their envelopes. He always knew what they were talking about. I moved along the line and missed him again. He then stopped for a good time with Mana while she gave him the year book. It is incredible. So well produced. And so colourful. I got some pictures, but again he moved on so I moved again. He drew on T shirts, on people’s faces and on posters. He drew on cards and the EP’s that people had bought. I heard someone ask him to sign their shoe! Ingie gave him the dog. That could be quite an annoying noise! On, I think, the 4th time of trying I gave him my little gift. Then to my total shock, instead of saying thankyou and moving on, he asked what it was. So I explained that I’d made a picture with the words to Blue Eyes and then cut the photo up to make the net of a cube box, then it was lined with the words from Toy Boy. I didn’t tell him there was a grey (heart shaped) pebble inside to represent Songs For Sorrow. As I finished talking someone at my side put their hand out and he shook it, so I thought why not? and I did the same. So he shook my hand and said….

and I quote….

‘Nice bracelet’

Nice bracelet?

I should say so, I had been causing me pain all day – my wrists being big.

Nice Bracelet. Oh happy day.

I don’t know how much longer he stayed but then he got in the car and away they went so people dispersed and it eventually was just Mana, Monie and me. Then Monie was collected and I waved Mana into her hotel. Back in my room I warmed up, slept like a log and woke to another beautiful Dutch day.

4 times I’ve been to Holland, 3 times to Amsterdam and it’s always been great.

But this was THE BEST!!!!!

Photos http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=114681&id=778183798&saved#/album.php?aid=114681&id=778183798

Edited by Ruth

Oh cool so you're okay with the fact that I've used some of your vids to make mp3s? I'll post them when I upload em

EDIT wait I'm confused, are the vids belonging to you or lindemfc? lol sorry..... If it's Lindemfc, let me know if it's ok!

Its from Lindemfc:naughty:

I made a compilation vid about yesterday!

It's nice, and my video of Toy Boy is also complete and also funneh! :teehee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX6yGlYSkhg

With:

The Ingie show,

Andy and the yearbook:wub2:,

Lady Jane,

Stuck in the Middle,

Toy Boy [complete],

Happy Ending,

& Big Girl

Aaaw that's so cool!

Oooh, thanks for the link!

:roftl:

(Translation: 'king of tight-pants-singing')

:blink:

(Translation: 'a remarkable amount of elementary school girls in brightly coloured dresses')

The dresses were colourful, but he makes it sound like almost half of the audience consisted of kids. (Or maybe we all just look a lot younger than we knew. :mf_rosetinted:)

Wait wait wait. It sounds like he wasn't even there or something:blink:

Wait wait wait. It sounds like he wasn't even there or something:blink:

Yeah, I know. From where I was sitting, most of the audience was a lot older than, say, 12. :mf_rosetinted:

I just remembered having dreamt about Mika last night.:mf_rosetinted:

He performed in the open air and then was so scared of everyone chasing him, he ran away, almost got hit by a car and hid:blink:

I just remembered having dreamt about Mika last night.:mf_rosetinted:

He performed in the open air and then was so scared of everyone chasing him, he ran away, almost got hit by a car and hid:blink:

:lmfao:

I don't really blame him for running away though. :naughty: