Mika@Amsterdam June 2 2009 Gig reports, photos & vids

Queenie

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to tell you, he wasn't good at hiding and everyone could see he hid behind a car:roftl:

:roftl:

Did everybody catch up with him, or did you wake up, saving him from having to fend of crazy fans? :naughty:

I've started the thread from the beginning but I must shop or the family will starve. I'll carry on from p 17 this evening.

But I want to say what lovely reports, photos and videos. Stunning.

Thanks for sharing them all.

Thank god Ruth made the pic with her phone and one with Shady, Cherisse and me :original:.

Yes I di, but don't hold your breath. FaceBook is being a pig and I haven't the energy to struggle any more this afternoon.

No he didn't, I asked. But there was 1 MFCer who did, I can't remember who

Right, I shall not post pics of me

005-4.jpg

I didn't see that. Was it inside?

I'm sorry I didn't get to speak to you yesterday. Allegra and I were trying to figure out where you were sitting, but we didn't know what you looked like.

I didn't identify you either. But I will :-))

Goodmorning.

I'm uploading photos and videos now. 'll be done in a few minutes

I've just watched a video of yours. It's great.

Seen this blog already?:

http://baloe.punt.nl/?id=520964&r=1

Here's another one ..

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

img1014border.jpg

(sorry I don't have one with all the names on it, hope someone else did that .. just wanted to go home at that point :roftl: )

Ruth. That would be me. Thanks :-))

Ruth, I love your report! It's so detailed that the people that can't be there feel like they were. Thank you!:thumb_yello:

And thank you to all the people that uploaded their videos and pics. They are fantastic!

And finally I want to thank Ingie who generously let us all be fangurly to her boyfriend Mika:mf_rosetinted:

Oh, I like them!!!:wub2: Where did you buy the t-shirts "Mika who?" please?

They had them made before the concert. They're not on sale I'm afraid.

http://schiffersfm.omroep.nl/page/artikel/178600

Listen (sorry, it is Dutch:wink2:) to this from 14.46.min till 14.48min.

(Date: 3 juni, the day after...)

Hans Schiffers talks about the concert and reads my mail to him!

This is what he says:

"I received a mail from Jolanda van de Velde, she wrote: 'Hi Hans, did you enjoy yourselve yesterday evening in Het Concertgebouw? We saw you swinging along.' Yeah, it never stays unnoticed when I am swinging, I'm very clumsy at that.

small part of Grace Kelly

Well yes, you recognize him ofcourse, Mika. This born-entertainer gave a concert in Het Concertgebouw in Amsterdam yesterday.

We are waiting for his new album. Life in Cartoon Motion, I heard yesterday, was sold about 6 million times and then you have to make a successor. I think it's a hell of a job for this gentleman, but he performed in that very classical temple and there were lots of media-people. And it is nice to tell that the director of Paul de Leeuw was there and Aaf, the columnist from NRC-Next who is also a bit gaga about Mika.

There also was a listener of Radio2 whom I met and she also sent me an email that is Anneke she wrote that she had a very nice evening. And that she was in line like a teenager at the artist-entrance and that at your age, Anneke?!

She said there were about a hundred people waiting and Mika really took his time for everyone to give his autograph or for a picture. What an energetic and friendly artist!

Shortly: we are waiting for his new album and he already has a small EP out with a number of new songs.

If you want to read more about my experiences you should read my column at http://www.schiffers.fm I wrote a review there.

This is not Mika but......"

(end of quote)

(Is Jolanda van de Velde one of us?)

Oh I am lucky. My husband has just phoned to say we can go out for tea so I don't have to shop. Or cook.

I'll try more uploading.....

:yay: for you and *cough* us .... :boing:

http://schiffersfm.omroep.nl/page/artikel/178600

Listen (sorry, it is Dutch:wink2:) to this from 14.46.min till 14.48min.

(Date: 3 juni, the day after...)

Hans Schiffers talks about the concert and reads my mail to him!

This is what he says:

"I received a mail from Jolanda van de Velde, she wrote: 'Hi Hans, did you enjoy yourselve yesterday evening in Het Concertgebouw? We saw you swinging along.' Yeah, it never stays unnoticed when I am swinging, I'm very clumsy at that.

small part of Grace Kelly

Well yes, you recognize him ofcourse, Mika. This born-entertainer gave a concert in Het Concertgebouw in Amsterdam yesterday.

We are waiting for his new album. Life in Cartoon Motion, I heard yesterday, was sold about 6 million times and then you have to make a successor. I think it's a hell of a job for this gentleman, but he performed in that very classical temple and there were lots of media-people. And it is nice to tell that the director of Paul de Leeuw was there and Aaf, the columnist from NRC-Next who is also a bit gaga about Mika.

There also was a listener of Radio2 whom I met and she also sent me an email that is Anneke she wrote that she had a very nice evening. And that she was in line like a teenager at the artist-entrance and that at your age, Anneke?!

She said there were about a hundred people waiting and Mika really took his time for everyone to give his autograph or for a picture. What an energetic and friendly artist!

Shortly: we are waiting for his new album and he already has a small EP out with a number of new songs.

If you want to read more about my experiences you should read my column at http://www.schiffers.fm I wrote a review there.

This is not Mika but......"

(end of quote)

(Is Jolanda van de Velde one of us?)

It's nice that he quoted your mail! :biggrin2:

He sounds pleasant ... but not really my thing :wink2:

Give him more of a try.

He's v sexy in a rough, soulful, physical way :wink2:

And back on topic - What did Mika do for his encores? Grace Kelly and ? what ?

IMG_1402.jpg

The setlist that I have at home now, with signatures.

But he didn't play it in that order...

IMG_1405.jpg

Koekoekakaknijn (my best friend), me and Ruth

Edited by Biekje

Ah, that's sweet. I saw Mika signing that card!

There was a tall girl in the front row who stood up too but didn’t move to the side. She is moving around and blocking my view on my bits of video. And at one point, she and her friends were talking so loudly that Martin had to say Shush!

Lovely reports Ruth! At first I thought I was the tall girl that blocked your view and I immediately felt sorry. But I was standing next to you and when you mentioned Martin I knew who you mean.

Edited by Nadine

Too bad I don't have time to read the reports, but I tried to watch as many pictures as I could. Wasn't it a lovely evening? :thumb_yello:

I guess my pictures have to wait until after the weekend... Hardly any internet access until Sunday.

And I still don't know who Anneke is... :sad: Would have loved meeting you!