MIKA @ Le Poisson Rouge, NY - June 23 2009 - reports, photos and videos

guylainem123

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All day I have been trying to put all my thoughts together but it is very difficult when you still in Mika's world!! So far this has been the best show ever!!! I LOVE acoustic!!! His vocals sound amazing even if he was sick. He is just incredible and I don't think I will find the correct words to explain how I feel about him. My heart is filled with happiness because I finally got the HUG I wanted for 2 years!!!! But at the same time I am sad because he's not here!! I don't want anyone to think I am in love with him. But I am pretty sure that I am in LOVE with his talent and personality.

The show was breathtaking and Lady Jane was my best performing/song!!!! I was so close to the stage that I can actually smell him lol. I was next to HollyD and Suzy. Next to holly was Mana and Sarah (I think)

During lollipop, this huge balloons came and poor Mika got hit several times. One time he got hit with the ballon and almost swallowed the microphone!! He was actually touching his mouth to see if he was bleeding. I got to touch his hand several times ( and no ladies I did not force him, just in case people were wondering:teehee:) At one point I touched his hand and he hold on to mine!!! I got eye-contact while he was singing. And Holly and Mana got several eye contacts from him!!!! :thumb_yello:

And OMG!!! Rain has become my favorite song ever!!!! it is thousands times better when you actually in front of him singing it!!!!

There was a stage invasion during Relax. I was NOT supposed to go because I was afraid but once he gave the signal to Mana a couple of times and she went on it; I pushed Holly because she really wanted to do it. But a second later, about 10 people where trying to climb over me that I had no choice but to go on!

Let me tell you, it was AWESOME!!!! I was holding to Alex(cheesegoodness) the whole time! when he got off the piano and moved to the side to give him space to go to the front. And ended at next to him. I was actually holding on to him!! He is sooo toned and looks skinnier but healthy!

After the show ended Christine grabbed Holly and myself to gather with the other MFCers. But then a security came in and told us to go outside and wait for him. We didn't wait that long. I was actually calm this time once I saw him coming through the line. He was going at a fast pace but took time to listen to everyone and gave the priceless smile that I LOVE!! When he was getting closer, Holly gave me the camera for me to record her while talking to him. At that time, I was telling myself.....don't freak out luz!! This will be your only opportunity to act like a human being. I recorded Holly while she told him about us waiting for him 22 hours without food or drink. lol When he heard that he told Holy I know you did and rubbed her arm!!!! I gave Holly her camera and said exactly this:Is my turn....I don't have anytime for you to sign but after 22 hours the best I can get is a hug...he gave me this big smile and said of course. I hugged him so tight and he did too for about 10 seconds. While hugging I told him :Thank you for everything you are and for everything you did. He told me thank YOU. Once he turn to the next person.. I said I hope you feel better and he said thank you again.

I was soo surprised I did!!! I have never felt the way I did!! I am overwhelmed with all of this feelings. It is quite difficult to actually talk to others about it without crying.

Last words.

I want to mentioned how happy I am that I finally met the following MFCers:

Brianna, Laura, Suzy and hubby, Mana & hubby, Sivan, Christine, Sarah.

It was awesome to see again:

my Holly, Alex, Cynthia, & Aimee.

And of course

Mika

Awwwwwww I loved your report so so much Lucy:wub2: And the hug part.. Really sweet of you, and what you told him.

I had several opportunities before but ended up never asking. I am sooo happy I actually did!!1

Lucy! It was so much fun waiting with you and Holly in line! Thanks so much for the masks! Your mika hug was adorable, and respectable, not attacking him or anything:naughty: I think you're in my video of the stage invasion...were you right behind him?

I had several opportunities before but ended up never asking. I am sooo happy I actually did!!1

Aww hehe I never asked and don't think I ever will, don't have the courage:aah: But I'm really happy for you too! You just may not have the chance to do it and tell such things next time:bleh: You never know...

Brianna!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that video shows me hugging him!!!:swoon:

I know when we watched it Alex said we have to show that to Lucy:naughty:

Lucy! It was so much fun waiting with you and Holly in line! Thanks so much for the masks! Your mika hug was adorable, and respectable, not attacking him or anything:naughty: I think you're in my video of the stage invasion...were you right behind him?

I totally agree.

Lucy you were so kind and generous, you have a big heart:huglove:

I gave Holly her camera and said exactly this:Is my turn....I don't have anytime for you to sign but after 22 hours the best I can get is a hug...he gave me this big smile and said of course. I hugged him so tight and he did too for about 10 seconds. While hugging I told him :Thank you for everything you are and for everything you did. He told me thank YOU. Once he turn to the next person.. I said I hope you feel better and he said thank you again.

Mika

I saw the video before I read this, but that's fantastic. I saw him hug someone, and I just thought, that must mean the most to them. That is the hug that we all wait for. When someone gets it, its like the magic moment. :kaf:

It was my pleasure spending all those hours with you too. You are super sweet! I hope I am on that video. I want to show it to my friend and my mom:teehee:

I know when we watched it Alex said we have to show that to Lucy:naughty:

really? that's so cute

I totally agree.

Lucy you were so kind and generous, you have a big heart:huglove:

thank you!!

I saw the video before I read this, but that's fantastic. I saw him hug someone, and I just thought, that must mean the most to them. That is the hug that we all wait for. When someone gets it, its like the magic moment. :kaf:

it was magic to actually know and see it now

My gig report:

Wow. :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Excellent to the point report Mana. Thankyou.

And your graduate thesis on "What it really means to sharing the Universe with Mika" is just :fangurl:

tasohountas_mika03.jpg

Edited by Blue Sky

Last night's show was absolutely amazing! I was able to take some videos that I will upload in a day or two. I should be dead tired and asleep but I'm not. I couldn't hardly sleep at all last night.

It was great to meet so many Mika fans!

I think my mind is tired. I will post more when I am more coherent.

Thanks for the hug advice (and all the welcomes!). If/WHEN I go to another show of his (I'm hoping he'll be back in NYC when the CD comes out?), I may have to ask for a hug. He just makes me so utterly happy - his music, his art, his personality.

In a desire to get something up, period, I posted my uncut photos on Facebook. It's in a public album, so check it out!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2306969&id=11802773&l=de452e0d27

I have 9 videos too, that hopefully will get posted by the weekend.

I have to say that I love the carefree moment in this shot.

4763_699507414489_11802773_40028687_2873594_n.jpg

Thanks for the hug advice (and all the welcomes!). If/WHEN I go to another show of his (I'm hoping he'll be back in NYC when the CD comes out?), I may have to ask for a hug. He just makes me so utterly happy - his music, his art, his personality.

In a desire to get something up, period, I posted my uncut photos on Facebook. It's in a public album, so check it out!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2306969&id=11802773&l=de452e0d27

I have 9 videos too, that hopefully will get posted by the weekend.

I have to say that I love the carefree moment in this shot.

4763_699507414489_11802773_40028687_2873594_n.jpg

do you have vids of the stage invasion?

I don't think so. And they were taken on my cell phone - my camera doesn't pick up sound. And my cell phone in generally crappy visual quality. I hope the audio quality comes through. (Mainly took vids for my Mika lovin North Carolina friends. :) )

I don't think so. And they were taken on my cell phone - my camera doesn't pick up sound. And my cell phone in generally crappy visual quality. I hope the audio quality comes through. (Mainly took vids for my Mika lovin North Carolina friends. :) )

Oh OK.

ok kinda late but im here... ive been walking in the city ALL day i cant move!

the show last night was soooo amazing... i think it was my fave mika concert!

i loved seeing all u MFCers =D we waited in line for hours but i had fun with all of u :)

I got there at like 8:45am cause i wanted to leave my friend apartment with him in the morning when he went to work... cause i had no idea how to get there by myself :teehee:

when i got there i saw the crazy HolyD and suzy that got there at 12am...lol was nice meting u girls!

the ice cream was yummy! thanks mika!

my friend that came with me is not a mika fan and always laughed at me about my passion for mika...

after last night he said he is sorry for every bad thing he ever said about mika and that it was the best concert he ever saw! woohoo

i totaly agree... this concert was just perfect.

I stood front row on the right side of the cat walk. mika sang into my face twice on lollipop and love today :aah: was fun :thumb_yello:

after the show we met him for few seconds which was nice that he did that and took his time to go through everyone standng there... :thumb_yello:

im sure i can think about 100000 other great things that happend yesterday but im dieing... ive been on my feet since sunday night, OUCH!!! but im having fun!

bottom line, the concert was awsome! just perfect!

i didnt even have time to look at the pix i took :blink: ill try in a few :) i think i took 2 videos only even though i love making videos.. but i wanted to just enjoy the show... so...

this day wouldnt have been so fun with without all u MFCers...so thank you!!!

Edited by Sivan