REPORTS, PICS, VIDS: MIKA in London - Free show @The Bloomsbury Ballroom (21-9-2009)

Miro

Right im going to write a short report, because most people have alerady said everything!!

I arrived at the icecream van at 11:20, but by that time it still hadn't arrived. But we didn't have to wait too long. The queue wasn't even that long!! So i needn't bothered getting up soooo early :naughty:. Anyway i spoke to both katie and Kassia in the line (you two are both nutters :roftl:), it was great meeting you though :biggrin2:. And Sara came over to say hi :biggrin2:, thank you!! By the way your glasses were sooo cool:biggrin2:. So mika arrived and everyone was hurried through, so we didnt really get a chance to chat or get a photo, but everyone in the queue got tickets, which was great!

So I arrived at the venue at 5:30ish (after walking round for ages trying to find it). We were only about 15 people from the front, which was great. Spent the two hours until doors opened speaking to my new bestest mika friends Laura and Kevin.

As people have mentioned before when the doors opened to two queues just combined and meant that there was a huge crush at the door. Thankfully we managed to get through ok and were in the second row. I was dead center.

Well mika was AMAZING!! I had so much fun. I got so much eye contact, at one point he even pointed his microphone at me and looked straight at me:fangurl:. OMG i just loved every minute.

The M&G queue was great, even though i just froze when mika walked past :doh:..i just had such a fangirl moment. Oh well, there will be more opportunities to speak to him i suppose.

So overall...it was an amazing gig, made extra special by the really cool people i met that day. Thank you for being so nice :biggrin2:

Edited by sarah778

Aw, that's a nice report Sarah. I know for sure I wouldn't have enjoyed the gig half as much if I hadn't met you and Jenny and Kevin. I'd have just been the loner sitting in the queue, hahaha.

What song was it when he pointed the microphone at you? If it's one I recorded I wanna check to see if I can see it!

I've got a whole box full of confetti that I've picked up from all round my room, that stuff ACTUALLY gets everywhere.

Aw, that's a nice report Sarah. I know for sure I wouldn't have enjoyed the gig half as much if I hadn't met you and Jenny and Kevin. I'd have just been the loner sitting in the queue, hahaha.

What song was it when he pointed the microphone at you? If it's one I recorded I wanna check to see if I can see it!

I've got a whole box full of confetti that I've picked up from all round my room, that stuff ACTUALLY gets everywhere.

Im not 100% sure what video it is. Its one of the first ones. Im waiting for more video's to go online so i can find out.lol. Yeh i saw your picture on facebook. You think you have got it bad, ive got a whole new look bag full of confetti. I have no idea what im going to do with it!! :roftl::roftl:

Because I'm MAJORLY shy, hahaha. I saw you on Monday but I didn't say anything, I'm so silly, I know. :aah:

SNAP!! so am I. :blush-anim-cl: Though I spoke to quite a few people on monday, i must of been feeling quite outgoing.lol. In a way its great that us shy ones met up.lol.:naughty:

Oh Jazzy how many opportunities have you had now? :aah: I'd say hello to you if I knew what you looked like :aah:

I know, I know!! I always say 'right, today I'm gonna go over and say HELLO' but I never do. Pffft. And you can call my Laura, by the way, I only randomly chose Jazzy because when I was signing up someone on the telly said something about Jazzy Jeff, hahaha.

You added me on myspace aaaaaaaaages ago when I first joined, so you'll be able to see what I look like on there, my username's Lozzington. :biggrin2:

Fantastic reports everyone... can't believe Tiibet's there again!:thumb_yello: You're mad woman! Sooner or later you might as well move to London :teehee: Really glad everyone had a good time despite ppl pushing in etc ...

I have wanted to move to London all my life, but I think it will never happen :crybaby:

:teehee:

I didn't manage to upload my SITM, it might be too large. It was interesting because Mika was making fun of his trousers. For some reason I took all my vids in a very large size, so I didn't have enough memory card :aah:

I uploaded a few of my vids but the quality is really bad :aah: I hope it was just my dancing and there is nothing wrong with my camera!

Oh Jazzy how many opportunities have you had now? :aah: I'd say hello to you if I knew what you looked like :aah:

I know, I know!! I always say 'right, today I'm gonna go over and say HELLO' but I never do. Pffft. And you can call my Laura, by the way, I only randomly chose Jazzy because when I was signing up someone on the telly said something about Jazzy Jeff, hahaha.

You added me on myspace aaaaaaaaages ago when I first joined, so you'll be able to see what I look like on there, my username's Lozzington. :biggrin2:

Caz, i said hello to you on monday :). I was with katie in the queue, i took that lovely pic of you two.:roftl: Though i dont think you really knew who i was.lol.

Laura we can both go say hello next time :biggrin2:. Protection in numbers :wink2::roftl:

Im not 100% sure what video it is. Its one of the first ones. Im waiting for more video's to go online so i can find out.lol. Yeh i saw your picture on facebook. You think you have got it bad, ive got a whole new look bag full of confetti. I have no idea what im going to do with it!! :roftl::roftl:

SNAP!! so am I. :blush-anim-cl: Though I spoke to quite a few people on monday, i must of been feeling quite outgoing.lol. In a way its great that us shy ones met up.lol.:naughty:

I've just shoved it in a box, I might start a massive collection and get loads every time I go to a gig and then do something epic with it when the tour's over or something. I dunno. Actually if the tour's over I'll probably cry into it, hahaha.

I think I kind of was a bit chattier than usual (actually very chatty) because Kevin came and sat next to me and he was on his own and I was on my own and we just got on really well, and then you turned up and then Jenny turned up and we all got on really well so it was super nice. I was actually dead pleased with myself because I'm SO awful at making friends, I barely know anyone at uni yet but hopefully that'll change once I start lectures and stuff. And I'm going to a neon night tomorrow apparently, pfft, I dunno.

I kind of got the middle/end section. So maybe I didn't get it. :( Maybe someone else did though. Hopefully anyway.

Caz, i said hello to you on monday :). I was with katie in the queue, i took that lovely pic of you two.:roftl: Though i dont think you really knew who i was.lol.

Laura we can both go say hello next time :biggrin2:. Protection in numbers :wink2::roftl:

Definitely, protection in numbers is a good thing, I feel odd just wandering up to people I've never met before and saying 'hello! I'm from the internet!'

Oh yes of course you are! :doh: didn't you comment on my Keira Knightley picture and aren't you a fan of Stephen Fry?

Yes I do remember you!! :-)

I've just shoved it in a box, I might start a massive collection and get loads every time I go to a gig and then do something epic with it when the tour's over or something. I dunno. Actually if the tour's over I'll probably cry into it, hahaha.

I think I kind of was a bit chattier than usual (actually very chatty) because Kevin came and sat next to me and he was on his own and I was on my own and we just got on really well, and then you turned up and then Jenny turned up and we all got on really well so it was super nice. I was actually dead pleased with myself because I'm SO awful at making friends, I barely know anyone at uni yet but hopefully that'll change once I start lectures and stuff. And I'm going to a neon night tomorrow apparently, pfft, I dunno.

I kind of got the middle/end section. So maybe I didn't get it. :( Maybe someone else did though. Hopefully anyway.

:teehee::biggrin2:Im so happy too. I usually go to Mika gigs and just keep myself to myself.lol. Monday was just so much fun.

I think the microphone thing may be in relax, but i need to watch more video's :)

Oh yes of course you are! :doh: didn't you comment on my Keira Knightley picture and aren't you a fan of Stephen Fry?

Yes I do remember you!! :-)

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, so you are Lozzington!!! I always see the YT vids but never out two and two together, haha. I always wonder who you are at gigs as well :naughty:, because you were close to me at Scala I think (judging by the vids).

I didn't manage to upload my SITM, it might be too large. It was interesting because Mika was making fun of his trousers. For some reason I took all my vids in a very large size, so I didn't have enough memory card :aah:

I uploaded a few of my vids but the quality is really bad :aah: I hope it was just my dancing and there is nothing wrong with my camera!

Oh I need to have a look at them! I still haven't managed to put mine up (besides two of them) cause my internet has been crappy but I hope that I can do that between tonight and tomorrow. The audio quality is crap due to the fact that my singing was OUTRAGEOUS that night, and sounds way too loud, but I think that the videos themselves are fab.

They capture tons of funny moments, like when he notices the pants rip, and fills them with the glitter and then it all pours out, and when he took Kasia's hat, and did his MJ routine with it :naughty:, and when he took my sunglasses and wore them for a bit and then threw them into the audience after giving me a pointed look :sneaky2:, etc, etc... It was just such a fantastic gig!!! He was truly on fire and in great spirits.

I really need to write my report. A bit later today, I promise.

:teehee::biggrin2:Im so happy too. I usually go to Mika gigs and just keep myself to myself.lol. Monday was just so much fun.

I think the microphone thing may be in relax, but i need to watch more video's :)

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Ah, there's a link to the relax video on the front page, so you might see it.

I was just reading on my bed and I literally sat up, mid sentence and said aloud, though there was no one in the room "where's my crown?!?!"

I don't know where it is. I might empty out my little box and check to see if it's in there. If not then it probably fell out of my pocket. :(

Are you going to try and go to the Little Noise session in November?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, so you are Lozzington!!! I always see the YT vids but never out two and two together, haha. I always wonder who you are at gigs as well :naughty:, because you were close to me at Scala I think (judging by the vids).

Yes, I am Lozzington! I was right behind you I think, Mika gave you the bucket didn't he? If that was you then, yes, I was absolutely right behind you, hahaa.

Sara...Laura was actually stood behind you on monday :teehee::roftl:I should of introduced you!!

They capture tons of funny moments, like when he notices the pants rip, and fills them with the glitter and then it all pours out, and when he took Kasia's hat, and did his MJ routine with it :naughty:, and when he took my sunglasses and wore them for a bit and then threw them into the audience after giving me a pointed look :sneaky2:, etc, etc... It was just such a fantastic gig!!! He was truly on fire and in great spirits.

I really need to write my report. A bit later today, I promise.

Yeah i cant believe he threw those glasses into the audience i was like 'Oh no'. I got some fab pics with Mika wearing them though. They are truly some super funky glasses :biggrin2:

The audio quality is crap due to the fact that my singing was OUTRAGEOUS that night, and sounds way too loud, but I think that the videos themselves are fab.[/color]

I really hate it when that happens! It happens in my videos a lot! I can't sing for sh*t at a gig, I just tend to shout the lyrics and hopefully try and string a tune together, because I CANNOT dance and not sing at the same time, to me there's no joy in being at a concert or a party and dancing away without singing along :aah:

And you wanna record, because you wanna capture the moment, but then you all you see is Mika strutting on a stage but looking like he's lip synching to your voice, it's awful! Luckily with me though at this gig, I was at the back so had to hold my camera up really high in order to get anything, so you can't hear me that much :aah: and thank God!

Didn't entirely escape it though, have you seen the VLogs of us singing in the queue? :aah:

Oh you're Lozzington ... I've watched your vids so many times .... :biggrin2:

I really hate it when that happens! It happens in my videos a lot! I can't sing for sh*t at a gig, I just tend to shout the lyrics and hopefully try and string a tune together, because I CANNOT dance and not sing at the same time, to me there's no joy in being at a concert or a party and dancing away without singing along :aah:

And you wanna record, because you wanna capture the moment, but then you all you see is Mika strutting on a stage but looking like he's lip synching to your voice, it's awful! Luckily with me though at this gig, I was at the back so had to hold my camera up really high in order to get anything, so you can't hear me that much :aah: and thank God!

Didn't entirely escape it though, have you seen the VLogs of us singing in the queue? :aah:

Pfft ... I told you in the hotel room .... you have a lovely voice ... I meant it too ... you can definitely string a tune together ... :thumb_yello:

I'm now in the process of uploading the rest of my videos ... I have the next two days off :yay: So all should be up by tomorrow at the latest ... I have them all so it's gonna take awhile ... I'm really proud of them actually ... my camera is only a cheap thing ... but they came out really well .... :boing:

Again like everyone else .... ignore my catterwailing ... I can't not sing ... even though I do try and stop ... it's impossible at a Mika gig :wub2:

Oh you're Lozzington ... I've watched your vids so many times .... :biggrin2:

Pfft ... I told you in the hotel room .... you have a lovely voice ... I meant it too ... you can definitely string a tune together ... :thumb_yello:

I'm now in the process of uploading the rest of my videos ... I have the next two days off :yay: So all should be up by tomorrow at the latest ... I have them all so it's gonna take awhile ... I'm really proud of them actually ... my camera is only a cheap thing ... but they came out really well .... :boing:

Again like everyone else .... ignore my catterwailing ... I can't not sing ... even though I do try and stop ... it's impossible at a Mika gig :wub2:

I watched your Relax/Big Girl one earlier, I didn't film those so it was nice to relive it. And to see him picking at the hole in his trousers. :aah:

With regards to singing on videos, I don't think anyone should worry about it. You're there to have a good time, not to produce something that's going to be shown on BBC1 so enjoy it, film if you like, and anything that you do get is going to be nice for people to watch.

I do hate it on DVDs and stuff where you can't hear people singing back because the mics don't pick it up very well, so it definitely gives a great idea of the atmosphere, more so than live DVDs do.

Point is, don't worry, no one will think any the less of you if you're not Whitney Houston. :biggrin2:

I watched your Relax/Big Girl one earlier, I didn't film those so it was nice to relive it. And to see him picking at the hole in his trousers. :aah:

With regards to singing on videos, I don't think anyone should worry about it. You're there to have a good time, not to produce something that's going to be shown on BBC1 so enjoy it, film if you like, and anything that you do get is going to be nice for people to watch.

I do hate it on DVDs and stuff where you can't hear people singing back because the mics don't pick it up very well, so it definitely gives a great idea of the atmosphere, more so than live DVDs do.

Point is, don't worry, no one will think any the less of you if you're not Whitney Houston. :biggrin2:

Ha ... I definitely am no Whitney Houston ... I love watching the videos back ... haven't even watched all of them myself ... he just gives so much of himself in every performance ... sometimes to his detriment ... :wub2:

I'm still so much on a Mika high ... don't think I'm gonna come down for awhile :boing:

Yes, I am Lozzington! I was right behind you I think, Mika gave you the bucket didn't he? If that was you then, yes, I was absolutely right behind you, hahaa.

Yeah, that was me, ahha. That was quite funny. I can't believe that you were right behind me and I didn't meet you!! :roftl: The famous Lozzington! I've been watching your videos forever :aah:.

Sara...Laura was actually stood behind you on monday :teehee::roftl:I should of introduced you!!

Yeah i cant believe he threw those glasses into the audience i was like 'Oh no'. I got some fab pics with Mika wearing them though. They are truly some super funky glasses :biggrin2:

I can't belive you didn't introduce us, lol. And no, I couldn't believe what he did either, haha. He did it on purpose of course. I mean, he did give Kasia her hat back!! But then decided to throw my glasses away. Cheeky thing :aah:.

I can't wait to see those pics then!!

I did see them, but I wasn't standing there so I escaped, and it's only you people singing away hahaha!!!!

Totally agree about what you say re singing and enjoying yourself. You just need to do what comes naturally, and to me that is it. That's why my videos often are out of frame, and I am missing Mika, cause I don't even check where I am filming. I just hold the camera up in an angle that looks ok and check quickly if he moves a lot from his spot. Otherwise I would never film anything as I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself.

Ha ... I definitely am no Whitney Houston ... I love watching the videos back ... haven't even watched all of them myself ... he just gives so much of himself in every performance ... sometimes to his detriment ... :wub2:

I'm still so much on a Mika high ... don't think I'm gonna come down for awhile :boing:

Yeah I still watch back videos from Sadler's Wells that I took. I was actually amazed at how well they came out so I've just started filming at every gig I've been to since then.

I just watched back my Happy Ending video and during the opening bit, I just love the way he looks when he stops singing and just seems to soak up the crowd, all singing it right back at him. It was a proper moment when we were there and you can see it in the video. I love being reminded of that sort of stuff because it's so easy to forget what exactly goes on at gigs because it all goes by in a blur, so videos are great for combatting the euphoric amnesia.

I'm still all giggly, just cos the way he looked at me and smile at the M&G. Just ask Sarah how many times I said 'omg the way he looked at me...' on the train ride home, hahaha. I can totally see my high lasting for a loooooong time.